Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

I fancy a treble this weekend in the hurling

Laois (+7) 11/10
    I fully expect Wexford to win this match to but I cant see them winning by more than 7 points. The last match they played in which Wexford won by 12 points was meant nothing to Laois as they were gauranteed to be in the relegation playoff anyway so Im disregarding that match. Wexford have more quality hurlers in there team but this is going to be a dog fight but I expect Wexford to win by no more than 5 or 6 points.

Dublin (4/6)
    The tide really started to turn for Galway, and not in a good way. After a good start to the league,they lost to Waterford and then were hammered by Kilkenny. Dublin on the other hand were very unlucky in there matches in particular losing to Kilkenny in Nowlan Park. After being bet by Galway already in the league, Daly will be gunning for revenge and I can see them winning this with 2 or 3 points to spare. After making so much progress last year Dublin cant afford to be relegated and I think they have enough about them to win.

Carlow (8/13)
    This will be the the tightest of the three games. Carlow are undeafeted in the league so far,while Westmeath only lost one game,which was to Carlow. Both teams are handy but I can see Carlow just edging out victory in Nowlan Park.

€20 treble at odds of roughly 9/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Dublin (4/6)
    The tide really started to turn for Galway, and not in a good way. After a good start to the league,they lost to Waterford and then were hammered by Kilkenny. Dublin on the other hand were very unlucky in there matches in particular losing to Kilkenny in Nowlan Park. After being bet by Galway already in the league, Daly will be gunning for revenge and I can see them winning this with 2 or 3 points to spare. After making so much progress last year Dublin cant afford to be relegated and I think they have enough about them to win.

Not arguing with the selection, and the Dublin team looks about as strong as it can be with Kelly and Ryan back, but I don't think Galway can afford to be relegated either. Think this could be a really tight game.

Looking forward to Tullamore on Sunday.

DUBLIN (AHL v Galway): Gary Maguire; Niall Corcoran, Peter Kelly, Ruairí Trainor; Paul Schutte, Joseph Boland, Shane Durkin; Johnny McCaffrey (capt), Michael Carton; Conor McCormack, Ryan O'Dwyer, Danny Sutcliffe; Ross O'Carroll, Liam Rushe, Paul Ryan.

Substitutes: Alan Nolan, Peadar Carton, David Curtin, Eamon Dillon, Oisín Gough, Simon Lambert, Alan McCrabbe, Niall McMorrow, Daire Plunkett, Martin Quilty, David Treacy.

GALWAY: Feargal Flannery; Kevin Hynes, David Collins, Gerard O'Halloran; Niall Donohue, Fergal Moore, Tony Og Regan; David Burke, Andy Smyth; Conor Cooney, Niall Burke, Barry Daly; Damien Hayes, James Regan, Davy Glennon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

I like the look of Clare footballers away to Wicklow @ 6/4 on Sunday. Clare need to avoid defeat to go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

10 on Mayo v Kerry tomorrow @ 3/1. Sure why not.. we're due one over the kingdom:p Should be a good game

Kerry @ 8/13 -2
    Kerry v Mayo
    Handicap Betting i

Cork @ 1/2 -2
    Cork v Down
    Handicap Betting iii

Clare @ 6/4
    Wicklow v Clare
    Match Betting

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 30.29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lol @ 8/13, it was 5/6 with WH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Kerry 2/5
    Cork 3/10
    Wicklow 8/11
    Dublin 8/11

just short of 9/2 accum

keane2097 wrote: »
    Lol @ 8/13, it was 5/6 with WH.

Boyles sure,pricks.

16/1 on no goals in the Dublin game. They've already had two goalless games out of five this year.

• Advertisement

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Boyles sure,pricks.

Some difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Who do you all think will win both AI's?
    I fancy doing a double that will hopefully give me a run for my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Who do you all think will win both AI's?
    I fancy doing a double that will hopefully give me a run for my money.

Kilkenny and Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

ft9 wrote: »
    Kilkenny and Kerry

Don't do it!! I did it last year :pac: I was on a 2 week high waiting on the big returns following Kilkenny's win because surely the Dubs were going to bottle it. 15 minutes left in the football final looking home and hosed..... not to be :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Think Cork are worth a bet tomorrow v Tipp. JBM has got them on something of a resurgence, and I think Cork will be the hungrier team with more desire for a league title. Also with these 2 likely to play each other in a Munster Semi Final in June, its quite likely Tipp might hold back a bit for that. Also Tipp missing Paul Curran, Donagh Maher and The Bonner Maher, Cork are missing Cathal Naughton but have the excellent Conor Lehane on the bench along with Darren Sweetnam, expect to see these sprung for a strong second half

Cork 11/8 and + 1 @ evs both good for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

There are however quite a few unknowns. Lehane and Naughton have got lots of scores so Niall McCarthy and Luke O Farrell will need to have big games as will Gardiner at mid-field.

O Farrell to score over 1.5 pts is 6/5 with PP I think. Interesting bet.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Think Cork are worth a bet tomorrow v Tipp. JBM has got them on something of a resurgence, and I think Cork will be the hungrier team with more desire for a league title. Also with these 2 likely to play each other in a Munster Semi Final in June, its quite likely Tipp might hold back a bit for that. Also Tipp missing Paul Curran, Donagh Maher and The Bonner Maher, Cork are missing Cathal Naughton but have the excellent Conor Lehane on the bench along with Darren Sweetnam, expect to see these sprung for a strong second half

Cork 11/8 and + 1 @ evs both good for me

Cork ones to watch out for this year for sure. Donal Óg injury the only cloud on a great day for them, although watch them turn that into a positive in terms of the team 'doing it for Ógie' during the summer.

Pp make Clare 6/5 to beat Waterford in munster championship. Will be snapping this up as they should be favs imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Mayo or Kildare as outside options for the AIF.

Will definitely be on Clare for the Waterford game.

Richie Power possibly out for the rest of the season or KK following an injury last night in a club match. Results of the scan will be known tomorrow however he is definitely out for the league final next weekend. With Shefflin already missing this will be a huge loss for KK. Enough for me to have small bet on Cork @ 15/8, who are really on a roll under JBM and also +2 @ evs

• Advertisement

Power apparently could be back in 6 weeks now, but will of course miss the league final on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If you can get 2/1 Cork I like it a lot. Kilkenny are missing a few and now Power is another huge loss. Cork are playing well, O Farrell scored 3 goals in a club game after the Tipp game and Lehane will probably start. Definitely worse 2/1 shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Have Cork named a team yet?

Would be madness imo to play the likes of Lehane, Sweetnam etc. as you can guarantee KK will tear into them, they will want to put down a marker and attempt to quelll the rise of Cork as the last thing KK want is a strong Cork added to the mix.

Cody's comments during the week about the need to keep physicality as an integral part of hurling was a clear indication of what he's intentions for sunday are and it was an attempt to influence the referee on Sunday to 'let the game flow'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Kilkenny are definatly going to struggle sunday, i think cork will win this , but well get em back later on this year..

They just wont suit kk in their current state.. The Cork/Cork Ht FT, at about 7/2 or more looks great value (hopefully im wrong obv.)

Kilkenny have hardly lifted a hurl this year in training,and i can see them getting the run around..

Fermanagh are way too long versus Down fwiw.

Have Cork named a team yet?

Would be madness imo to play the likes of Lehane, Sweetnam etc. as you can guarantee KK will tear into them, they will want to put down a marker and attempt to quelll the rise of Cork as the last thing KK want is a strong Cork added to the mix.

Cody's comments during the week about the need to keep physicality as an integral part of hurling was a clear indication of what he's intentions for sunday are and it was an attempt to influence the referee on Sunday to 'let the game flow'.

1. Martin Coleman, 2. Shane O'Neill, 3. Stephen McDonnell, 4. Brian Murphy, 5. Seán Óg hAilpín, 6. Eoin Cadogan, 7. William Egan, 8. Lorcán McLoughlin, 9. John Gardiner, 10. Conor Lehane, 11. Pa Cronin, 12. Niall McCarthy, 13. Luke O'Farrell, 14. Paudie O'Sullivan, 15. Patrick Horgan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    1. Martin Coleman, 2. Shane O'Neill, 3. Stephen McDonnell, 4. Brian Murphy, 5. Seán Óg hAilpín, 6. Eoin Cadogan, 7. William Egan, 8. Lorcán McLoughlin, 9. John Gardiner, 10. Conor Lehane, 11. Pa Cronin, 12. Niall McCarthy, 13. Luke O'Farrell, 14. Paudie O'Sullivan, 15. Patrick Horgan.

Slightly suprised tbh, but I guess JBM has taken the view he can't wrap them in cotton woll forever may aswell see what their made of now, persoanlly I hope they are - a hurling championship with Cork, Tipp and KK flying would be something to behold :D

Kilkenny Team:
    1 David Herity 2 Paul Murphy 3 J.J. Delaney 4 Jackie Tyrrell 5 Tommy Walsh 6 Brian Hogan 7 Richie Doyle 8 Michael Fennelly 9 Paddy Hogan 10 Richie Hogan 11 T.J. Reid 12 Cillian Buckley 13 Colin Fennelly 14 Eoin Larkin (Capt.) 15 Matthew Ruth

Kilkenny without Shefflin, Richie Power, Michael Rice and Aidan Fogarty.

Big game will be needed from Larkin and I fancy €5 1st goalscorer @ 6/1. I also fancy €10 on Cork winning at half time,Kilkenny at full time 9/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Thats a shocking bunch of forwards for us, i think well struggle badly.. Cork/Cork HT FT looks the bet

aidankkk wrote: »
    Thats a shocking bunch of forwards for us, i think well struggle badly.. Cork/Cork HT FT looks the bet

They may not be the first choice forwards, but they've 14 All-Irelands, 17 Leinsters and a Hurler of the Year amongst the six starting forwards, hardly "shocking". What have the Cork front six won?

And more importantly, why am I arguing for Kilkenny with a man from Kilkenny?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Paddy Power have Richie Hogan @ 8/11 to score over 2.5pts.

They've got it priced up as if Eoin Larkin is the likely free taker, but that wouldn't be guaranteed in my view, and even if Larkin did start on the frees you'd imagine Richie Hogan would take any penalties etc.

I think it's a fair bet even with him not taking the frees, and there's always a chance he could be switched on to them if Larkin missed a few/got injured.

Cork to win @ 6/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Don't think Richie Hogan even got a score. Oh well. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The line is way too high in the Sligo game imo. New York +16 is value at 10/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Let that be a lesson to some of ye, you won't get rich backing against KK! Tipp are the only team in the same league as them imo. The likes of cork/waterford/galway/dublin are just playing catch up. I could see the reasons for backing Cork today though and it's rich me saying it after the match.

Don't think Richie Hogan even got a score. Oh well. :o

He got one point.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The line is way too high in the Sligo game imo. New York +16 is value at 10/11

Disaster. Ah well, bad start but campaign can only improve from here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Got Cork to win the All - Ireland today in Football @ 11/2 in Boyles - cracking price imo, sure to make it to the Semi's at least offering a great chance to trade out

Radonman wrote: »
    Got Cork to win the All - Ireland today in Football @ 11/2 in Boyles - cracking price imo, sure to make it to the Semi's at least offering a great chance to trade out

Special in just shops or online?

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Special in just shops or online?

Was on a chalkboard in the shop (In Manor for those familar with Tralee) - I think thats an independantly run Boylesport shop so may just be in that shop only

Was on a chalkboard in the shop (In Manor for those familar with Tralee) - I think thats an independantly run Boylesport shop so may just be in that shop only

The best you can get them for online is 4/1, and that is with SkyBet, BetVictor or William Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

Anyone have any tips for the club Hurling and Football the weekend?

My only bet is the following:
    Offaly SHC - Birr vs Belmont (1/16 - 20/1 - 6/1)
    This is the first round of the Championship and Birr come into this missing a few key players. The 2 hannifys, JP O Meara, Mick Verney are all ruled out whilst Dylan Hayden is only returning from injury so will not be up to match fitness. Belmont on the other hand have a full squad, with players such as the Egan brothers, Colin Egan and Damien Egan who had a brilliant game in the u21 final last weekend. Cannot leave out current offaly captain either, David Kenny who is always solid as a rock and is for once injury free. The lusmagh pitch will be tight and Birr will not have much room as I can see Belmont give it Everything from the start. The Morale in Birr will not be great as there u21's were comfortably beaten in the Final last weekend by St Rynaghs. If ever a time Belmont were to beat Birr, well then this is it and at 6/1 you cant turn down that price.

Tips: 3Pts Belmont to win - 6/1
    Saver: 1Pt on Draw - 20/1

gaatipstr wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for the club Hurling and Football the weekend?

Danesfort 15/8 to beat St. Martins in the Kilkenny Senior League/Championship. Danesfort won Intermediate last year and had a tough match for the start of their Senior campaign losing to Ballyhale but I really fancy them to beat St. Martins. With players of the calibre of Richie and Paddy Hogan aswel as Paul Murphy they have a really strong spine to their team and I can see them winning this with 2-3 points to spare.

Ballyhale Shamrocks 2/9 to beat Dunnamaggin.
    Ballyhale don't need any introduction. The loss of Michael Fennelly shouldn't affect them too much and if TJ Reid, who has been in great form for Kilkenny this year can reproduce that for his club then Ballyhale should win handy enough. It will be tight in the first half but Ballyhales class win shine through and they should win by 5-6. Hopefully King Henry will get some game time aswel.

James Stephens 1/7 to beat Graigue Ballycallan
    Reigning County Champions James Stephens will have to much class up front for Graigue Ballycallan to live with. Eoin Larkin is in the form of his life at the moment and with Matt Ruth beside him they will rake up the scores. This should be a comfortable win for the village.

I'm going with a €20 treble at odds of roughly 3/1

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Ballyhale Shamrocks 2/9 to beat Dunnamaggin.
    Ballyhale don't need any introduction. The loss of Michael Fennelly shouldn't affect them too much

People are talking about what a huge loss he is to a panel as strong as Kilkenny's but you don't think it will affect a club team much?

keane2097 wrote: »
    People are talking about what a huge loss he is to a panel as strong as Kilkenny's but you don't think it will affect a club team much?

Obviously it will affect them but I still reckon they will be to strong this weekend for Dunnamaggin

• Advertisement

Pp make Clare 6/5 to beat Waterford in munster championship. Will be snapping this up as they should be favs imo

More bad news from a Waterford POV, Midfielder Shane O Sullivan has left the panel to go to America for the summer. Eoin Kelly is 90% out injured with a finger injury, Noel Connors still hasnt recovered from his injury and wont be fit for the Clare match, and Darragh Fives also out with an injury.

That means that we are missing (injured or travelling) from last years panel

Noel Connors
    Shane O Sullivan
    Darragh Fives
    Brian O Sullivan
    David O Sullivan
    Eoin Kelly
    Pauric Mahony.

Plus the retirements of the likes of Clinton Hennessey, Declan Prendergast, Murray etc.

Its going to be a seriously lightweight Waterford team now, and they were in trouble even with a full panel to pick from. Clare have been trimmed to evs but I still think thats value and going to get some more on now

More bad news from a Waterford POV, Midfielder Shane O Sullivan has left the panel to go to America for the summer. Eoin Kelly is 90% out injured with a finger injury, Noel Connors still hasnt recovered from his injury and wont be fit for the Clare match, and Darragh Fives also out with an injury.

That means that we are missing (injured or travelling) from last years panel

Noel Connors
    Shane O Sullivan
    Darragh Fives
    Brian O Sullivan
    David O Sullivan
    Eoin Kelly
    Pauric Mahony.

Plus the retirements of the likes of Clinton Hennessey, Declan Prendergast, Murray etc.

Its going to be a seriously lightweight Waterford team now, and they were in trouble even with a full panel to pick from. Clare have been trimmed to evs but I still think thats value and going to get some more on now

Can still be got at 11/10 with Bet365, 6/5 with BetVictor, Stan James and William Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Paddypower have Roscommon 2/1with Galway 8/15 which looks like a bit of a misprice to me.

Roscommon +2 are evens.

Westmeath v Antrim - This looks like an easy win for Antrim, Westmeath finished 2nd in Div 2a and Antrim finished 4th in div 1b (which contains Limerick, Offaly and Clare). Antrim had a good campain beating Wexford and Laois (the teams they should beat) and drawing with Limerick @ the Gaelic Grounds. Its a matter of picking the right bets in this one imo, so here goes.

Antrim over 1.5 goals @ 8/11
    Antrim over 2.5 @ 2/1 - Westmeath conceeded 10 goals in 5 league games against lesser opposition and Antrim have scored 10 goals in 5 league gaome against tougher opposition - PP
    L Watson to score a goal anytime @ 5/4 with Boyles - hes leathal and takes frees and penos too
    Also gonna do some handicap bets on Antrim
    (-4) @ 5/6
    (-5) @ 11/10 with paddys

In the football Donegal looks good value (-3) @ 5/6 with boyles

Good luck all

Sorry but i take back the Donegal bet - there missing Murphy and McFadden - probably a beter bet here is under 28.5 points @ 10/11 with boyles considering that Donegal are missing there chief scorer

Galway -2 at evens. Should be -4

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement