Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Seen Arravale and Nenagh both at 1-10 this weekend and both lucky to scrape home . Bookies are clueless at the early stages of Club Championships .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Any insight into upcoming club games?There were a few notable shocks last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Johngoose wrote: »
    Any insight into upcoming club games?There were a few notable shocks last weekend.
    Only Dublin Club football Championship up on Paddy Power at the moment.
    Don't know enough about the Dublin club football scene to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Re the above : Any fella posting in picks which are 1/10 but "cannot stress enough how they should be 1/500" deserves a bit of stick. Add to that the two picks "which should be 1/500" dont win but lose fairly soundly. I dont back the picks in here but would read from time to time, think its fair to say that fellas were shown up.

Absolutely shocking I'll hold my hands up, not something I'd normally do throw in anything over 1/5 in a gaa accum as a rule as discussed but just went shockingly.

As I said I'll hold my hands up but you may look through my bets in here which are generally fairly decent, 'shown up' is a poor choice of words in my opinion. I got it wrong fair enough, would say I was 'shown up' to be anything? Conversely I'm not a genius for having 2 out of 3 the previous week including a 15/8 single and 2/1 accum. Not aftertiming there, just pointing out I'm no worse or better for a good result than I am for a shocking round of picks this weekend?

As you just browse through these and 'don't back them' you may contribute or have a bet yourself maybe? What are you bringing to the table there?

As for someone who asked about the odds against singles, newcestown drew at 11/8 having been up by 3 or 4 all game until getting a man sent off with 10 to go, pa o callaghan scored a late goal to draw it up. In extra time they were up by 7 with 3 to go and collapsed to give away 2-1 and draw AET.

Muskerry were up by 2 and Darren Crowley got a goal in injury time from a free which was added to by a point after to secure a 2 point win for bandon, again unlucky at 21/10 with 365.

But still both lost, bad weekend and admittedly stupid tipping on long odds on shots no bother but I don't see the need for abuse off lads whose names aren't seen contributing here with any info or congratulations when things go well for lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

pablo24 wrote: »
    Absolutely shocking I'll hold my hands up, not something I'd normally do throw in anything over 1/5 in a gaa accum as a rule as discussed but just went shockingly.

As I said I'll hold my hands up but you may look through my bets in here which are generally fairly decent, 'shown up' is a poor choice of words in my opinion. I got it wrong fair enough, would say I was 'shown up' to be anything? Conversely I'm not a genius for having 2 out of 3 the previous week including a 15/8 single and 2/1 accum. Not aftertiming there, just pointing out I'm no worse or better for a good result than I am for a shocking round of picks this weekend?

As you just browse through these and 'don't back them' you may contribute or have a bet yourself maybe? What are you bringing to the table there?

As for someone who asked about the odds against singles, newcestown drew at 11/8 having been up by 3 or 4 all game until getting a man sent off with 10 to go, pa o callaghan scored a late goal to draw it up. In extra time they were up by 7 with 3 to go and collapsed to give away 2-1 and draw AET.

Muskerry were up by 2 and Darren Crowley got a goal in injury time from a free which was added to by a point after to secure a 2 point win for bandon, again unlucky at 21/10 with 365.

But still both lost, bad weekend and admittedly stupid tipping on long odds on shots no bother but I don't see the need for abuse off lads whose names aren't seen contributing here with any info or congratulations when things go well for lads?

I have only recently come across the thread, hence the lack of contribution.

Think any guy saying Douglas should be 1/500 against a college side filled with underage inter county hurlers from cork/tipp/waterford is not in the know at all tbh.

A group team also was your other 1/500 shot, youd never know what sort of side they would throw out as someone else pointed out.

Dont want the thread to fall into a slagging match so il leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

pablo24 wrote: »

Your record speaks for itself Pablo! Don't be worrying your head about it! I'd a 1/5 beaten also. It happens, especially in amateur sport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Anyone have any insight into this week's Dublin club games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Re the above : Any fella posting in picks which are 1/10 but "cannot stress enough how they should be 1/500" deserves a bit of stick. Add to that the two picks "which should be 1/500" dont win but lose fairly soundly. I dont back the picks in here but would read from time to time, think its fair to say that fellas were shown up.

No need for that in the slightest. Many of us who are here regularly recognize the dangers of putting forth our opinions. It's very easy to give out about someone putting forward their tips, when you don't contribute at all!

Here, we have healthy debate about our picks and I think it works very well. The regulars are always asking for any more info, or if we're missing something. We're amateurs betting on amateurs!! The probability for mistakes is a constant lurking variable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have only recently come across the thread, hence the lack of contribution.

You are posting in this thread since 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

keane2097 wrote: »
    You are posting in this thread since 2015.

First time coming across this thread in exactly 1 year and 7 months sorry my bad..

Must be a busy day in the office if your looking through fellas post history Keane ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Back on topic.

No odds available yet, but I've a fancy for East Kerry turning over Rathmore in the first round of the Kerry County Championship this weekend.

Dr Crokes and Mid Kerry will be closer than the odds suggests. Mid Kerry have two more clubs in Laune Rangers and Milltown Castlemaine added to their ranks this year as both have dropped into the intermediate club grade.

Hard to have any enormous confidence in any of the other remaining ties personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

First time coming across this thread in exactly 1 year and 7 months sorry my bad..

Must be a busy day in the office if your looking through fellas post history Keane ;).

Up the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Thanks Pablo for post on how the odds against shots got going, my interest is purely in value singles, so appreciated posting up some value picks with little background. More of a lurker myself as I have very limited club knowledge, but I do quiet well on other niche sports like cycling.

Anyway keep posting and look forward to chatting gaa over the summer

manafana wrote: »
    Thanks Pablo for post on how the odds against shots got going, my interest is purely in value singles, so appreciated posting up some value picks with little background. More of a lurker myself as I have very limited club knowledge, but I do quiet well on other niche sports like cycling.

Anyway keep posting and look forward to chatting gaa over the summer

Yeah no hassle, I'll put up a bit more of a background again on those in future with the likes of yourself in mind no problem!

Generally look for background info myself if stuff is posted.

From looking on the Reservoir Dubs (Dublin GAA forum) lots of lads are tipping St. Sylvesters, St. Maurs and a lot think Na Fianna are worth a punt v St. Vincents.

No prices tho sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Laois 10/11 in PP v Kerry on Sunday in the Leinster hurling. Boyles go 8/13.
    Both teams come into the game on the back of good away wins.

Is 10/11 a bit of value on Laois or is home advantage to Kerry evening things up a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

hupskip wrote: »
    From looking on the Reservoir Dubs (Dublin GAA forum) lots of lads are tipping St. Sylvesters, St. Maurs and a lot think Na Fianna are worth a punt v St. Vincents.

No prices tho sorry.

Paddy P. have odds up on these teams.They have them all as underdogs, none as favourites?

Johngoose wrote: »
    Paddy P. have odds up on these teams.They have them all as underdogs, none as favourites?

I think they are fancying them to cause some upsets

robbiezero wrote: »
    Laois 10/11 in PP v Kerry on Sunday in the Leinster hurling. Boyles go 8/13.
    Both teams come into the game on the back of good away wins.

Is 10/11 a bit of value on Laois or is home advantage to Kerry evening things up a bit?

Kerry also missing last years captain Daniel Collins through injury. Kerry struggled to beat Westmeath who were playing with 14 men for a lot of the game. Would have Laois as clear favourites here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Back on topic.

No odds available yet, but I've a fancy for East Kerry turning over Rathmore in the first round of the Kerry County Championship this weekend.

Bit more digging on this tells me that the two challenge games for the East Kerry team make this an even more challenging read. Will update again when I know more, holding powder for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Laois are missing Cahir Healy and Willie Dunphy from last time out due to torn hamstring and concussion injuries

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Also Laois are all but through to the quarter finals. Only a 12 point loss to Kerry coupled with a 16 point or bigger win for Meath would see them lose out. As a result they're surely likely to rest some of their players given that there's no reward for winning the group over coming second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Clare hurling championship starts this weekend.

Sixmilebridge (1/3) and Tulla (2/5) would be 2 certs in my view. Cratloe are too but are currently 1/14 against Whitegate!

In the Dublin Football Championship I'm going with a Fingal Treble for a bit of fun

St. Maurs
    Skerries Harps
    St. Sylvesters
    23/1

In the Dublin Football Championship I'm going with a Fingal Treble for a bit of fun

St. Maurs
    Skerries Harps
    St. Sylvesters
    23/1

Maurs beaten by five
    Sylvesters win AET
    Skerries hammered by Judes

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

St. Maurs
    Skerries Harps
    St. Sylvesters
    23/1

Anyone got any tips ?

Two odds against shots in cork

Meelin 11/8

Eire og are being backed but I think that's just made meelin an attractive price. Meelin have a full side and play a difficult style to play against at this level. Eamonn Brosnan is back and firing well.

They struggled earlier in the year but won their most recent league game against valley rovers who are a step above these.

Eire og have a game under their belt where they beat kildorrery 3-15 to 12 which is a bonus. The result however doesn't reflect the game as there were only 2 points between the 2 teams entering the last 10 mins and once Eire og scored their first goal the floodgates opened. Also important to note is that kildorrery were down 3 or 4 of their best forwards including Kelly, while their man man peter o brien didn't play and finbarr Stapleton only came on.

For these reasons, even though Eire og are being backed, I think the were flattered the last day and meelin are worth backing at 11/8 (biggest price last I checked, better maybe be available)

On tonight

Milford are my other odds against that I think are worth backing but will give reasoning tonight or tmr.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

pablo24 wrote:
    Eire og are being backed but I think that's just made meelin an attractive price. Meelin have a full side and play a difficult style to play against at this level. Eamonn Brosnan is back and firing well.

pablo24 wrote:

pablo24 wrote:
    Meelin 11/8

pablo24 wrote:

pablo24 wrote:

pablo24 wrote:
    For these reasons, even though Eire og are being backed, I think the were flattered the last day and meelin are worth backing at 11/8 (biggest price last I checked, better maybe be available)

Meelin well beaten by 8 points

Clare hurling championship starts this weekend.

Sixmilebridge (1/3) and Tulla (2/5) would be 2 certs in my view. Cratloe are too but are currently 1/14 against Whitegate!

Cratloe beaten by Whitegate, club matches can be a minefield sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

What are the thoughts on Laois today.? Will they take it easy and give lads a game?
    Kerry need a win and are at home.
    Is it too chancy to back thus game?
    Any thoughts lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement