Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

David Jennings 12 page Championship preview in the Racing Post next Friday for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Autochange wrote: »
    What are the thoughts on Laois today.? Will they take it easy and give lads a game?
    Kerry need a win and are at home.
    Is it too chancy to back thus game?
    Any thoughts lads

My own feeling is that Laois will take it handy from listening to their captain during the week, having said that I've been burned before by Kerry so I'm staying away.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

hupskip wrote: »
    Cratloe beaten by Whitegate, club matches can be a minefield sometimes.

Tell me about it - I was at it! Cratloe were 16/1 on for a finish - some result.

Tulla were beaten as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Lads,
    Not a bet but a question on pp cash card.
    I'm hoping to apply for a mortgage soon and would prefer if my online gambling did not show on my account.
    I know the pp cash card can be topped up in shop and withdrawn at an atm.
    But my question is can the card be used to top up my online account as a deposit method
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

You should live chat with them or ask in store as you would get a definite answer

• Advertisement

Seems to me you can

You can deposit cash to your online account in any of our shops across Ireland and the UK. You can this in two ways:
    Bring your cash to the desk and quote your username or account number to the cashier. They will process your deposit and the funds will be in your account straight away.
    Put your cash into any of our in-shop Sports and Gaming terminals after scanning your Cash Card. Use the Deposit funds to your online account button.
    Click on the image below to enlarge it:
    Process

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Autochange wrote: »
    Lads,
    Not a bet but a question on pp cash card.
    I'm hoping to apply for a mortgage soon and would prefer if my online gambling did not show on my account.
    I know the pp cash card can be topped up in shop and withdrawn at an atm.
    But my question is can the card be used to top up my online account as a deposit method
    Thanks

Think there's a thread on this elsewhere but yea definitely have your bank account clear from betting transactions for at least 6 months - it's a big red flag for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Think there's a thread on this elsewhere but yea definitely have your bank account clear from betting transactions for at least 6 months - it's a big red flag for them.

Its really not if your making money , it is if your constantly depositing and not withdrawing.

But on the OP's original question you can 100% top up your on line account using the cash card and when you do it it's instantaneous.

Anyone from Meath can give us anything for the championship games during the week here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd say Blackhall Gaels are a decent bet at 5/1 to beat Navan O'Mahonys. They may not win but it should be much closer than the odds suggest. NOM are somehow favourites for the SFC despite them failing to get out of the group last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Fancy Carlow +2 vs Wexford

Mid Kerry very much worth a bet in Kerry vs East Kerry this weekend at 5/4. I'd have them odds on in this. Would be surprised if the price lasts.

Same As wrote: »
    Mid Kerry very much worth a bet in Kerry vs East Kerry this weekend at 5/4. I'd have them odds on in this. Would be surprised if the price lasts.

Now 10/11

Would they still be worth a bet at 10/11 pal?

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Would they still be worth a bet at 10/11 pal?

I think so anyway.

Also, lots of support for Rathmore vs Feale Rangers, they opened with Paddy at 4/9, now 2/9. 1/3 still available elsewhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Fancy Carlow +2 vs Wexford

Based on what ? Any info on how they or Wexford are going in friendlies , Players injured etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Same As wrote: »
    I think so anyway.

Also, money pouring in for Rathmore vs Feale Rangers, they opened with Paddy at 4/9, now 2/9. 1/3 still available elsewhere.

Pouring in, how much money are you talking about?

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Pouring in, how much money are you talking about?

Didn't realise this was English class. Fixed my post. They've moved from 4/9 to 4/11 to 1/3 to 2/9. Highlighting the support in the last 24 hours, pointing out that there's still some 1/3 available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gseanmart

Monaghan -4 @ 8/15 with paddy power for this weekends Ulster championship game with Fermanagh. Feel this is a good price, anyone agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/london-v-leitrim/winner

Had a bet on London at 21/10, Mulligan out for Leitrim, surely London are value now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sligo + 8 seems like good value to me. Mayo can be slow starters and Sligo have already a game which should help them.

Also laois - 2 @6/5 should be good enough against Longford.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Sligo + 8 seems like good value to me. Mayo can be slow starters and Sligo have already a game which should help them.

Also laois - 2 @6/5 should be good enough against Longford.

Laois had a woeful league and only for Kingston it would have been a lot worse. I had heard 2 / 3 weeks ago that he was carrying an injury but nothing since. Any Laois posters in the know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Based on what ? Any info on how they or Wexford are going in friendlies , Players injured etc ?

Limerick beat Wexford in a challenge last week. Limerick wouldn't be hectic and I'm a limerick man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

In the Monaghan - Fermanagh game, Jack McCarron to score a goal anytime at 3/1 looks good.

Monaghan were the highest goalscorers in Division 1 and McCarron scored 3 from play. Meanwhile Fermanagh conceded the 2nd most goals across all divisions, and are away tomorrow evening with some injury problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Louth handicap is taking some money in Boyles. Gone to -7 there now. Most others are -5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

robbiezero wrote: »
    Louth handicap is taking some money in Boyles. Gone to -7 there now. Most others are -5.

Still -5 on PP now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

Mayo -9, Monaghan -6, Tipp -5 and Laois to win. 11/1 acca

Glen Rovers 2/5 with Boyles v Dripsey in Cork could be one for the accums.

1/7 in PP

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

robbiezero wrote: »

I really don't know what that's based on - Louth team is much weaker than in the league. Influential sweeper Maguire gone to the States, our best player Andy McDonnell out injured, and one of the best available forwards in the county, Jim McEneaney, bizarrely out of favour. Add to that some trouble between the Mgt and county board, players having expenses paid late, a very dodgy set of backs - including 2 lads playing in the half backs who are not remotely close to county standard - and you have a combination that means I wouldn't back them -7 (or -5) with counterfeit. They should have enough to get over a poor looking (based on league results) Wicklow side but they won't be carrying any of my cash

• Advertisement

I really don't know what that's based on - Louth team is much weaker than in the league. Influential sweeper Maguire gone to the States, our best player Andy McDonnell out injured, and one of the best available forwards in the county, Jim McEneaney, bizarrely out of favour. Add to that some trouble between the Mgt and county board, players having expenses paid late, a very dodgy set of backs - including 2 lads playing in the half backs who are not remotely close to county standard - and you have a combination that means I wouldn't back them -7 (or -5) with counterfeit. They should have enough to get over a poor looking (based on league results) Wicklow side but they won't be carrying any of my cash

No idea myself. I'd say its often just one big punter having a good lump on that moves it. Boyles are gone back a bit now from earlier. I presume the arbers got stuck into that handicap so they had to row back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement