Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

David Jennings picks for today lads

Monaghan over 18.5 points
    4pts Evs Ladbrokes, BoyleSports, Paddy Power

Monaghan over 2.5 goals
    2pts 11-2 BoyleSports

Monaghan over 3.5 goals
    1pt 14-1 BoyleSports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My annual provincial football championship acca: Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Donegal - 20 quid @ 9.49/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    I think so anyway.

Also, lots of support for Rathmore vs Feale Rangers, they opened with Paddy at 4/9, now 2/9. 1/3 still available elsewhere.

Rathmore win by 9

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Moscow is magnificent

I think even at this early stage I've seen my bet of the year is over 34.5 points in Sligo v Mayo tomorrow at 4/5 with Boyles. Mayo could get close to that on their own!!Ah no seriously Sligo cannot defend, they tried to play a sweeper in the championship last year and looked liked they had never even practiced the system. However for the purpose of this bet they have a decent set of forwards and always put up a decent score. Can't really see how this bet doesn't won and supposed to be a decent day in the West tomoro. Under Niall Carew Sligo just cant cope against any sort of power from any of the bigger team. They must be the smallest team in the championship. Connacht final 2015 Mayo 6-17 Sligo 2-11.Last year Sligo lost 4-16 to 2-13 to roscommon in connacht and i expect a similar sort of scoreline. Even in the qualifiers against an up and coming but physically strong team from Clare it was 2-17 to 1-13. I expect a similar sort of scoreline tomorrow as the game against Roscommon last year. The key to this bet is that Sligo always score well even in heavy defeat so even if Mayo have on off day and only manage 19 or 20 points id filly expect Sligo to be close with a a score of 17 or 18 points.
    Will be backing over 34.5 at 4/5 with Boyles(max bet) Over 36.5 at 11/8 with bet365(max bet) and a speculative bet on over 4.5 goals at 15/2 with Boyles.

I think even at this early stage I've seen my bet of the year is over 34.5 points in Sligo v Mayo tomorrow at 4/5 with Bet 365. Mayo could get close to that on their own!!Ah no seriously Sligo cannot defend, they tried to play a sweeper in the championship last year and looked liked they had never even practiced the system. However for the purpose of this bet they have a decent set of forwards and always put up a decent score. Can't really see how this bet doesn't won and supposed to be a decent day in the West tomoro. Under Niall Carew Sligo just cant cope against any sort of power from any of the bigger team. They must be the smallest team in the championship. Connacht final 2015 Mayo 6-17 Sligo 2-11.Last year Sligo lost 4-16 to 2-13 to roscommon in connacht and i expect a similar sort of scoreline. Even in the qualifiers against an up and coming but physically strong team from Clare it was 2-17 to 1-13. I expect a similar sort of scoreline tomorrow as the game against Roscommon last year. The key to this bet is that Sligo always score well even in heavy defeat so even if Mayo have on off day and only manage 19 or 20 points id filly expect Sligo to be close with a a score of 17 or 18 points.
    Will be backing over 34.5 at 4/5 with Boyles(max bet) Over 36.5 at 11/8 with bet365(max bet) and a speculative bet on over 4.5 goals at 15/2 with Boyles.

Apologies for the length of this post can't state how much I fancy this bet!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Apologies for the length of this post can't state how much I fancy this bet!

Thats a high score for a football match . also rain very possible. hope it comes off for you

Autochange wrote: »
    Thats a high score for a football match . also rain very possible. hope it comes off for you

Ya I know it's a big spread but totally based on the fact Sligo can't defend but quite decent going forward. Also based on the fact that i would have the spread myself at 39.5. Cant see Mayo not getting to 25 or 26 and i would be shocked if Sligo didnt get to 14 or 15. Weather promised decent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What are ye're thoughts on Monaghan to win the All Ireland? Currently 40/1.

Say they win Ulster and reach a semi final they will likely play Dublin so I reckon the bookies have factored that in, but I still reckon there's a small bit of value in that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Ya I know it's a big spread but totally based on the fact Sligo can't defend but quite decent going forward. Also based on the fact that i would have the spread myself at 39.5. Cant see Mayo not getting to 25 or 26 and i would be shocked if Sligo didnt get to 14 or 15. Weather promised decent too.

Bit of rain here. I passed through Castlebar about 20 minutes ago and there was showers. Hope it works out for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

thelad95 wrote: »
    What are ye're thoughts on Monaghan to win the All Ireland? Currently 40/1.

Say they win Ulster and reach a semi final they will likely play Dublin so I reckon the bookies have factored that in, but I still reckon there's a small bit of value in that price.

Can't see them winning it out but can certainly see them going on a good run. However 40/1 looks big when you compare it to Tyrone or Donegal's odds, as I see all 3 having much the same potential this year i.e. Ulster title and maybe semi final exit to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

robbiezero wrote: »
    Glen Rovers 2/5 with Boyles v Dripsey in Cork could be one for the accums.

1/7 in PP

pissed up

Killarney Legion taking a few quid v Kenmare today at 2.30. 5/6 in bet365 vs 4/9 in Boyles etc.

Any Kerry lads have any opinion if the 5/6 is good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gseanmart

Donegal are 4/5 to win without conceding a goal vs Antrim today with PaddyPower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

80s Child wrote: »
    Bit of rain here. I passed through Castlebar about 20 minutes ago and there was showers. Hope it works out for ya!

In castlebar at the minute heavy showers and wind has picked up a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tijuanaboozer

Jennings Bets today

Mayo over 2.5 goals, 2pts 7/2 Paddy Power

D O'Connor man of the match in Mayo V Sligo 1pt 9/1 Paddy Power

Longford -1 2pts 11/4 Paddy Power

Antrim plus 9 2pts Betway, Coral or Ladbrokes

Hurling
    Cork under 21.5 pts 4pts 5/6 Paddy Power

No Cork goal 1 pt 3/1 Paddy Power

Sligo with 5 or 6 bad wides and 2 dropped ahort into the keeper and Mayo with 2 really bad ones. That goal gives the bets a chance but worryingly I think Sligo are going to struggle get to 10 points against the wind in the second half so have to hope Mayo run riot.

Sligo with 5 or 6 bad wides and 2 dropped ahort into the keeper and Mayo with 2 really bad ones. That goal gives the bets a chance but worryingly I think Sligo are going to struggle get to 10 points against the wind in the second half so have to hope Mayo run riot.

Sligo had 3 points on the board after 5 minutes and only scores 2 for the rest of the first half. Disgraceful really.

Poor game. Sligo are piss poor and Mayo aren't very much better.

Sligo had 3 points on the board after 5 minutes and only scores 2 for the rest of the first half. Disgraceful really.

I was on Sligo plus 8 myself.

All they had to do was keep a goal out and they go and concede 1-1 in 20 seconds and then miss a sitter to bring it back to 7 with 30seconds left.

Mayo are lucky they weren't playing anyone half decent today or they'd have lost.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Fancy Carlow +2 vs Wexford

Good one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wonder what the spread will be on Dublin Carlow?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Wonder what the spread will be on Dublin Carlow?:eek:

Paddy Power have it at 21 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I was on Sligo plus 8 myself.

All they had to do was keep a goal out and they go and concede 1-1 in 20 seconds and then miss a sitter to bring it back to 7 with 30seconds left.

Mayo are lucky they weren't playing anyone half decent today or they'd have lost.

Was only half watching it in the pub but that Mayo goal looked like square ball.

Frustrating that Sligo couldn't hold on in the end was sure I was going to collect. Kicking it wide at the end from 30 yards probably sums up the standard of football.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Midweek , Tipp Senior Football ! Fancy Brackens @ 9/4 . Playing Kilsheelan who I seen last year in the County Quarter final , are average and could be missing Bill Maher who was unwell recently and only just back from injury . Brackens lost narrowly the last day to Drom and Inch who are a half decent side . If they are to get knocked out of the hurling championship and still involved in the Football I would see Drom as a good outside bet to win it !
    Cahir 1/2 to beat Upperchurch . Cahir lost by 3 in the first round to a strong Commercials side , my only concern is Liam Casey who was injured recently playing for the County side . Both games tomorrow night !

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Was only half watching it in the pub but that Mayo goal looked like square ball.

Frustrating that Sligo couldn't hold on in the end was sure I was going to collect. Kicking it wide at the end from 30 yards probably sums up the standard of football.

Square ball rule is changed for football so wouldn;t have applied for that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

robbiezero wrote: »
    Square ball rule is changed for football so wouldn;t have applied for that goal.

Thats what i thought too, but then on the Sunday Game they mentioned he was just on the edge of the square so he was ok???

Anyone clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Midweek , Tipp Senior Football ! Fancy Brackens @ 9/4 . Playing Kilsheelan who I seen last year in the County Quarter final , are average and could be missing Bill Maher who was unwell recently and only just back from injury . Brackens lost narrowly the last day to Drom and Inch who are a half decent side . If they are to get knocked out of the hurling championship and still involved in the Football I would see Drom as a good outside bet to win it !
    Cahir 1/2 to beat Upperchurch . Cahir lost by 3 in the first round to a strong Commercials side , my only concern is Liam Casey who was injured recently playing for the County side . Both games tomorrow night !

Killenaule gone from 1/2 to 1/5 to beat Drom. Drom not playing any of their hurlers who are playing Sunday.

Marv8 wrote: »
    Killenaule gone from 1/2 to 1/5 to beat Drom. Drom not playing any of their hurlers who are playing Sunday.

Figured that would be the case . Gives Killenaule a big advantage , Seamus Callinan and Woodlock 2 serious Footballers . Jimmy Feehan out for Killenaule . The County side has a worryingly long injury list ! ! !

Upperchurch 8 up on Cahir at h/t. Thats a surprise really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Killenaule, Upperchurch and Brackens all win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement