Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

robbiezero wrote: »
    Upperchurch 8 up on Cahir at h/t. Thats a surprise really.

Big surprise , Cahir clawed it back to 4 in the end ! Great result for underdogs Brackens also .

Anyway to tomorrow and Fethard @ 7/2 is interesting . Intermediate Champions last year and came close to Shocking Arravale in the first round . Up against Aherlow who took a right pasting from a good Moyle Rovers side in round 1 . Fethard might be worth a punt !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Jennings Bets today

Mayo over 2.5 goals, 2pts 7/2 Paddy Power

D O'Connor man of the match in Mayo V Sligo 1pt 9/1 Paddy Power

Longford -1 2pts 11/4 Paddy Power

Antrim plus 9 2pts Betway, Coral or Ladbrokes

Hurling
    Cork under 21.5 pts 4pts 5/6 Paddy Power

No Cork goal 1 pt 3/1 Paddy Power

Wow, that's some bad tipping, everything very wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Fancy Carlow +2 vs Wexford
    Good shout, at evens I think that was.
    Carlow were 2/1 to win. Won by 4 in the end, should have had more belief in my own county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Stevecw wrote: »
    Good shout, at evens I think that was.
    Carlow were 2/1 to win. Won by 4 in the end, should have had more belief in my own county

Got 23/20 on 365 when I posted.

Went into 19/20 on 365 pre game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

What's Carlow's handicap v Dublin?

The Dubs don't score goals like they used to. Theyre more patient and just like killing the other team's momentum by popping the ball over the bar continuously!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

80s Child wrote: »
    What's Carlow's handicap v Dublin?

The Dubs don't score goals like they used to. Theyre more patient and just like killing the other team's momentum by popping the ball over the bar continuously!!

Carlow +21 10/11
    Dublin -21 Evens

From PP

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Big surprise , Cahir clawed it back to 4 in the end ! Great result for underdogs Brackens also .

Anyway to tomorrow and Fethard @ 7/2 is interesting . Intermediate Champions last year and came close to Shocking Arravale in the first round . Up against Aherlow who took a right pasting from a good Moyle Rovers side in round 1 . Fethard might be worth a punt !

Fethard drew with Aherlow :( !

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Really fancy

Galway 1/4 to beat Dublin
    Tyrone 1/4 to beat Derry
    Gabriel Rangers 1/2 to beat Carrigaline (second team)

Thats 11/8

I also fancy

Burgess to beat Mullinahone at 4/6
    Kildangan to beat Upperchurch 2/5

I have those two backed with Galway -3 and Tyrone straight at 7/2 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

pablo24 wrote: »
    Really fancy

Galway 1/4 to beat Dublin
    Tyrone 1/4 to beat Derry
    Gabriel Rangers 1/2 to beat Carrigaline (second team)

Thats 11/8

I also fancy

I have those two backed with Galway -3 and Tyrone straight at 7/2 aswell

I think Brackens should beat Clonakenny 8/15.
    Ballina are 4/7 to beat Portroe, Ballina ran Nenagh and Clonoulty close in their two games and Portroe took heavy beatings from Drom and Burgess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Fethard drew with Aherlow :( !

It was still a great shout and clearly excellent value, I know it can be difficult but you really need not to look at your betting using result based analysis, by this I mean if you continually back selections at a bigger price than their true chance of winning, which this clearly was, then you will ultimately make money, its why if you keep beating the SP most bookies will close your account regardless of your winnings or loses.

• Advertisement

Kiladangan have some real injury problems but should have enough in what is effectively their home pitch!

Mullinahone are a bit like Liverpool in soccer, never ever back them and equally never back against them, they are the most unpredictable team ever and a lot depends on their mentality, Killenaule are similar but to a lesser extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Westmeath are value at 11/4 against offaly imo.

Also talking Galway - 5 against Dublin, this is a fantastic Galway side and Dublin hurling is in crisis.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Also talking Galway - 5 against Dublin, this is a fantastic Galway side and Dublin hurling is in crisis.

Id agree on both here.

Westmeath beat offally by 14 last year. The 11/4 is standout value.

Their under 21s had a good win last night too against Meath.

Westmeaths results this year haven't been stellar but 11/4 is way to big especially with offally hurling where it is at the moment.

I'm all over the Galway handicap too, Dublin not getting on with Cunningham and mark schutte leaving for the footballers only recently is a terrible sign and a terrible loss.

danganabu wrote: »

Kiladangan have some real injury problems but should have enough in what is effectively their home pitch!

Mullinahone are a bit like Liverpool in soccer, never ever back them and equally never back against them, they are the most unpredictable team ever and a lot depends on their mentality, Killenaule are similar but to a lesser extent.

I heard willie connors is out for ye alright, is there a few more out?

Yeah I just think yer a step above most in tipp, yer closing that gap on the big 3 all the time. Probably an insult to say yer not at the level of loughmore or drom already arguably?

Jack Shelly and Eoin Kelly two big losses to mullinahone, not going great and haven't the panel was my thoughts. Also the fact Burgess are motoring nicely and have been depleted in their two (good) performances to date. They have their main man donagh maher and also peter Gill back from the last 2 days which will strengthen em again.

I think the 4/6 could look very big yet.

Cheers for the feedback though, always welcomed. All extra info is great. Was just elaborating on why I'd the two picked.

I heard willie connors is out for ye alright, is there a few more out?

Willie will be out for a while I'm afraid James Quigley has a broken leg and Ruairi Gleeson has a nasty hand injury which will keep him out.

Also taking Tyrone - 4 against derry who aren't going well at all this year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings...

Cork -11 @ Evens - 3 Points (General)
    Cork by 16+ @ 11/4 - 1 Point (365)
    Over 3.5 Cork Goals @ 7/1 (can't see that anywhere) - 1 Point
    Paul Kerrigan 1st Goalscorer @ 8/1 - 1 Point Each Way (PP)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Also taking Tyrone - 4 against derry who aren't going well at all this year.

Eoghan O Donnell is reportedly out for Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭shmeee

Moycarkey may be a bit of value this evening against Templederry in Tipp. 11/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Moycarkey may be a bit of value this evening against Templederry in Tipp. 11/4

Posted it too late, taught get was a later throw in and better off, beaten by 7 in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Cork 2 points down 10 minutes into the 2nd half. Could there be a shock on the cards?
    That Cork football team is one pathetic outfit.

Westmeath were 5 points up at half time and lost by 5.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

robbiezero wrote: »
    Cork 2 points down 10 minutes into the 2nd half. Could there be a shock on the cards?
    That Cork football team is one pathetic outfit.

Cork pulled it out by a point.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings...

Cork -11 @ Evens - 3 Points (General)
    Cork by 16+ @ 11/4 - 1 Point (365)
    Over 3.5 Cork Goals @ 7/1 (can't see that anywhere) - 1 Point
    Paul Kerrigan 1st Goalscorer @ 8/1 - 1 Point Each Way (PP)

weather conditions weren't ideal for those bets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

djPSB wrote: »

Think the 8/1 won though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

djPSB wrote: »

Bit risky putting all eggs in one basket too especially when that basket is a team like the Cork footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Backed Waterford to win by between 1-3 pts at ht @ 40/1. Gave a good run for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Cork pulled it out by a point.

@1/33

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Two bets for interest

Galway over 2.5 goals 13/8
    Tyrone to score a goal in both halves 4/1
    Small double at over 12/1 as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone got Jennings picks today?

I see he is doing a Postcast now on a Friday with PP. I backed over 2.5 cork goals at 11/4 on Fri morning. Cut to 2/1 then.. They cut over 3.5 from 7/1 to 4/1.

Second week in a row the price he put in the paper wasn't available anymore with PP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement