Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WhiteWidow67

I strongly feel Armagh to beat Down @10/11 is the bet of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Jennings Racing Post picks Carlow v Dublin

Carlow over 10.5 points
    2pts Evs general

Carlow +8 on first-half handicap
    2pts Evs Paddy Power

No red card in Dublin v Carlow
    3pts 8-15 Paddy Power

Craig Kearney man of the match
    0.5pt 80-1 Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Any one got any thoughts on Carlow +19?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Any one got any thoughts on Carlow +19?

I've them at +22 @ 4/9 with Boyles.

If Dublin get a combined score of 28- 30I really think Carlow are good for 9 scores. That's the hope anyway!

Dublin have toned things down this year. If Off the Ball is correct, Gavin gave them 4 weeks off at the start of April, so they shouldn't be firing on all cylinders just yet!!

I've doubled it with Kildare -2. Combined at 1.5/1. I'm a bit worried about this aspect, but I was told that Longford were horrific at the back the last day so hopefully Kildare will be more assured!

I'm also looking at
    Carlow over 10.5
    Kildare
    Meath
    Armagh
    Giving a combined of over 5/1. I'll have a little bit on this also.

Edit: I'm getting nervous about Carlow with the talk from the commentary crew!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dublin 8 PTS to 5 ahead at HT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

KevIRL wrote: »
    Dublin 8 PTS to 5 ahead at HT

Tell me about it.Carlow +20 seems good now.:-( I did throw 2nd half highest scoring half into accumulator, so surely looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings...

Football:
    Meath -5 vs Louth - 4 Points @ Evens
    Over 2.5 Meath Goals - 1 Point @ 7/2
    Cillian O Sullivan 1st Goalscorer Meath vs Louth - 1 Point Each Way @ 7/1
    Armagh -1 vs Down - 2 Points @ 11/8
    Laois @ 11/4 vs Kildare - 1 Point @ 11/4

Hurling:
    Clare -2 vs Limerick - 2 Points @ 6/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Armagh and Meath short priced dbl for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Armagh Clare double 9/4
    Meath and Kildare to both won by 3 or more 2/1

30 on each

Armagh, meath-3, kildare over 18.5 20 on at just over 4/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Meath to win both halves at 5/6.

• Advertisement

Absolutely sick watching this football.

Was on over 30.5 points which looked a shoe in after 28mins when 15 were hit.

The two teams come out like Lemons in the second half.. Armagh with one bloody point going into injury time and it looks like falling a mile under 30 now.

7 point second half... ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

80s Child wrote: »
    I've them at +22 @ 4/9 with Boyles.

If Dublin get a combined score of 28- 30I really think Carlow are good for 9 scores. That's the hope anyway!

Dublin have toned things down this year. If Off the Ball is correct, Gavin gave them 4 weeks off at the start of April, so they shouldn't be firing on all cylinders just yet!!

I've doubled it with Kildare -2. Combined at 1.5/1. I'm a bit worried about this aspect, but I was told that Longford were horrific at the back the last day so hopefully Kildare will be more assured!

I'm also looking at
    Carlow over 10.5
    Kildare
    Meath
    Armagh
    Giving a combined of over 5/1. I'll have a little bit on this also.

Edit: I'm getting nervous about Carlow with the talk from the commentary crew!!

First bet was good so happy enough as that was my big bet.

Second one was a pain, but lost on two fronts so can't complain.

Kildare put up a big score today! Interesting to see how theye'd get on about the Dubs! They're a big side and O Neill will have them well organised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Armagh Clare double 9/4
    Meath and Kildare to both won by 3 or more 2/1

30 on each

Armagh, meath-3, kildare over 18.5 20 on at just over 4/1

Small profit, bloody Armagh cost me 2 very nice bets:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Was the final Gaeltacht score in the game today 4-17 or 4-18?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

robbiezero wrote: »

http://www.the42.ie/marc-o-se-a-3428199-Jun2017/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ó Sé was player-manager of An Ghaeltacht as they won the senior title in the 2017 Comórtas Peile na Gaeltachta this afternoon with a 4-17 to 1-11 victory over Cork’s Cill na Martra in the final played at weekend hosts Tuar Mhic Éadaigh in Mayo.

According to this and this it was 4-17. PP results showing 4-18 (30), 365 results showing 4-17 (29).

Looks a mess!

Same As wrote: »
    According to this and this it was 4-17. PP results showing 4-18 (30), 365 results showing 4-17 (29).

Looks a mess!

Yes exactly. Boyles have 4-18 as well. Its somewhat important for me as I have a good few quid on -15 with 365 and +17 with Boyles. At the moment the 365 bet is a loser.
    Its a bit confusing. The Gaeltacht kicked a point with practically the last kick of the game but TG4 never updated their score. The Cill Na Martyra twitter has score by score and has 4-18 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

It was 4-18

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    It was 4-18

Ya, I am quite certain it was too, and both Paddy Power and Boyles are not in the habit of getting GAA scores wrong either.
    However bet365 are sticking to their guns and have cited this hogan stand article
    http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=271176&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ya, I am quite certain it was too, and both Paddy Power and Boyles are not in the habit of getting GAA scores wrong either.
    However bet365 are sticking to their guns and have cited this hogan stand article
    http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=271176&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Anyone got any ideas?

I'd point them in the direction of the Examiner article with the correct score and insult them for quoting Hogan Stand.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd point them in the direction of the Examiner article with the correct score and insult them for quoting Hogan Stand.

I will do, but f**k me, they have it wrong too. They have the Gaeltacht score correct, but have 1-10 for Cill Na Martra when it should be 1-11. But still, it should be better than hoganstand and it supports my case, so I'll send it on to them.
    Thanks

I will do, but f**k me, they have it wrong too. They have the Gaeltacht score correct, but have 1-10 for Cill Na Martra when it should be 1-11. But still, it should be better than hoganstand and it supports my case, so I'll send it on to them.
    Thanks

You could contact Paddy Power (or Boyle but they're less helpful) and ask them for their source of the correct result as a courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

First round of the qualifiers, Wicklow are an over-generous 6/1 on Paddy Power to beat Laois. Considering this is the worst Laois team in living memory, reeling from a recent mauling at the hands of Kildare and the game is in Aughrim, this is unmissable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

First round of the qualifiers, Wicklow are an over-generous 6/1 on Paddy Power to beat Laois. Considering this is the worst Laois team in living memory, reeling from a recent mauling at the hands of Kildare and the game is in Aughrim, this is unmissable.

Laois are pretty bad this year, but still managed to beat Longford well in Round 1.
    Wicklow are awful, the worst team in Ireland.
    Only won 1 game all year that was against London.

4 of their league games were at home in Aughrim. Lost to Wexford, Carlow and Leitrim there.
    Wicklow 0-10 v Leitrim 1-17
    Wicklow 0-11 v Carlow 1-18

These 2 10 point hammerings by teams in Div 4 show where they're at. It's 6/1 for a good reason.

Wondering how the on-going media pantomime around Brendan O Sullivan/Sport Ireland will have affected Kerry's preparation/focus for their 1st championship game this weekend against Clare (if at all).

Form-wise, Kerry beat Clare last season by 12 points in Killarney and by 11 points in Croke Park. In 2014, they grinded out a 4 point win against the same opposition in Ennis in their first outing of the season before going on to win the All Ireland. In 2015, they opened their title defence against Tipp in Semple stadium and came away with a 6 point win.

I'm finding myself more inclined to back Clare to beat the 8/9 point spread with home advantage and a game already under their belt than to back Kerry -8 or -9 in their championship bow with all the possible external distractions and a possible hangover after their league win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Same As wrote: »
    Wondering how the on-going media pantomime around Brendan O Sullivan/Sport Ireland will have affected Kerry's preparation/focus for their 1st championship game this weekend against Clare (if at all).

Form-wise, Kerry beat Clare last season by 12 points in Killarney and by 11 points in Croke Park. In 2014, they grinded out a 4 point win against the same opposition in Ennis in their first outing of the season before going on to win the All Ireland. In 2015, they opened their title defence against Tipp in Semple stadium and came away with a 6 point win.

I'm finding myself more inclined to back Clare to beat the 8/9 point spread with home advantage and a game already under their belt than to back Kerry -8 or -9 in their championship bow with all the possible external distractions and a possible hangover after their league win.

I did hear that Kerry lost a challenge by a point to Galway lately and the performance levels were fairly flat. I definitely agree that Clare are better at home plus Kerry can be a bit flat in their first championship game, especially compared to a team that is already up and running.

In terms of the handicap, the key factor is going to be whether Kerry get goals or not - in both the wins last year Kerry got 2 and Clare got none .

Might there be some way of combining 2 bets -one on the goals market and another on the handicap market - to adjust the risk - basically take a position that Clare will beat the handicap unless Kerry get 2 or more goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Anyone thinking about backing something in the KK match? What price are both teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Thoughts on the following:
    Waterford to beat Cork in hurling?
    Mayo to beat Galway in football?
    Monaghan to beat Cavan in football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Johngoose wrote: »
    Thoughts on the following:
    Waterford to beat Cork in hurling?
    Mayo to beat Galway in football?
    Monaghan to beat Cavan in football?

I'm going for a quad bet on
    Mayo 4/7
    Monaghan 4/7
    Cork 4/7
    Westmeath 4/6

Pays 11/2, which i think is good value. I would have price Monaghan & Westmeath @ 1/2, but possibly Mayo @4/6

Only worry is with most of these being local derbys, the draw is always a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 WhiteWidow67

My weekend accumulator. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Kilkenny to beat Wexford 1/3
    Derry to beat Armagh 2/9
    Warwickshire to beat Leitrim 2/9
    Monaghan to beat Cavan 8/15

Pays just over 2/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement