Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

My weekend accumulator. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Kilkenny to beat Wexford 1/3
    Derry to beat Armagh 2/9
    Warwickshire to beat Leitrim 2/9
    Monaghan to beat Cavan 8/15

Pays just over 2/1

Anyone backing Kilkenny at that price would want their head checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Anyone backing Kilkenny at that price would want their head checked.

Agree with this, I'd expect them to be available at a much better price closer to the game. Wexford +8 is 1/3 with Paddy at the moment. A much better price in my opinion. Still covers a kilkenny win but I'm afraid as a kilkenny man I couldn't see us beating anyone by much more than a few points. The forward line doesn't really have the ability to blitz teams anymore, doubled down with Wexford most likely playing a sweeper, I'd swap the Kilkenny win for Wexford +8

On Kilkenny Wexford I have 3 bets picked out. Wexford half time full time at 7/1. A Davy Fitz team will generally attempt to get a lead early and then defend it. I can't really see them come from behind so if Wexford win , I expect them to lead the whole way. Under 44.5 total points is 10/11. I'll hold out till I see what the weather is like but I think both defences will be on top. Kilkenny reportedly bringing in a surprise or two in the forwards, but not sure if they have the fire power to rack up a huge score.

Last one will be Kilkenny by 1-5 points at 15/8. As above I don't see a high scoring game. How many times have we seen Kilkenny just about get over the line when their backs are to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Few hurling games in Tipp this weekend, Nenagh should have too much for Roscrea at 1/3, Templederry at 8/15 will be expected to beat Burgess, who are missing their best forward in Stephen Murray. The always unpredictable Mullinahone at 4/11 should see off Ballingarry, who have taken 2 good beatings in the Senior B so far. Toome Borrisoleigh and Kilruane Kiladangan look too close to call and the odds reflect as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbitaTASS

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Few hurling games in Tipp this weekend, Nenagh should have too much for Roscrea at 1/3, Templederry at 8/15 will be expected to beat Burgess, who are missing their best forward in Stephen Murray. The always unpredictable Mullinahone at 4/11 should see off Ballingarry, who have taken 2 good beatings in the Senior B so far. Toome Borrisoleigh and Kilruane Kiladangan look too close to call and the odds reflect as much.

Are Nenagh missing a few? Heard they've some injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Jennings Football Tips

Cork -2
    3pts 11-10 bet365

P Kerrigan to score a point in both halves
    1pt 2-1 Paddy Power

Jennings Hurling Tips

Wexford under 20.5 points
    2pts 10-11 BoyleSports

Wexford under 1.5 goals
    2pts 4-6 Paddy Power

TJ Reid man of the match
    1pt 8-1 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Any bookie do a market in the GAA for team to win and over/ under 1.5 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

on that wexford game I do like the unders play with Wexford at home and the wetter morning.

44.5pts 11/10 365
    u3.5 goals 8/11 365

AbitaTASS wrote: »
    Are Nenagh missing a few? Heard they've some injuries.

Daire Quinn is meant to be out with a broken foot, that's all I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

My picks for the weekend -

Cork - Under 18.5 points
    Monaghan - Win
    Clare - +10
    Galway - Over 14.5 points
    Wexford - +7

10/1 on PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Cork vrs Tipperary, Munster football championship this evening will be a draw. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

You should be able to get that at 8/1.

Django99 wrote: »
    On Kilkenny Wexford I have 3 bets picked out. Wexford half time full time at 7/1. A Davy Fitz team will generally attempt to get a lead early and then defend it. I can't really see them come from behind so if Wexford win , I expect them to lead the whole way. Under 44.5 total points is 10/11. I'll hold out till I see what the weather is like but I think both defences will be on top. Kilkenny reportedly bringing in a surprise or two in the forwards, but not sure if they have the fire power to rack up a huge score.

Last one will be Kilkenny by 1-5 points at 15/8. As above I don't see a high scoring game. How many times have we seen Kilkenny just about get over the line when their backs are to the wall.

2/3 ain't bad. Never really felt Kilkenny were going to win from about 20 mins in, Wexford responded well to the two quick goals in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Django99 wrote: »

Nice shouts!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Jennings picks for today

Mayo -2
    4pts 11-10 general

Mayo -6
    1pt 7-2 Paddy Power

Diarmuid or Cillian O'Connor to win man of the match
    1pt 11-2 Paddy Power

No goals in Cavan v Monaghan
    1pt 9-2 BoyleSports

Both teams to have a player sent off in Cavan v Monaghan
    1pt 11-2 Paddy Power

Clare-Kerry double result
    1pt 15-2 BoyleSports

Westmeath-Westmeath double result
    2pts 7-5 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Boyles pretty much best price in all things unders on cavan.

No goal 6/5, u13.5 evens,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

No goals in Cavan - Monaghan is a very good bet.

manafana wrote: »
    Boyles pretty much best price in all things unders on cavan.

No goal 6/5, u13.5 evens,

Draw/Draw and Draw/Monaghan worth speculative fivers at 50/1 and 13/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Wet and windy in the West. Could affect the scoring for Galway Mayo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mayo to score First goal and win 11/8 single and adding
    Monaghan to score First goal and win 12/5 for 7/1 double

Mayo -2 Monaghan-2 double 3/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Horrible last few hours in Galway . Windy and lots of rain . Under 31.5 would have to be fancied

No goals in Mayo or Monaghan games. 30/1 with 365.

All over the under 30 points in both games too.

Best of luck.

Cavan with the wind first half. +1.5 first half Cavan.

4/5 with Bet 365.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Mayo to score First goal and win 11/8 single and adding
    Monaghan to score First goal and win 12/5 for 7/1 double

Mayo -2 Monaghan-2 double 3/1

Muppet Higgins ruins 3 bets:mad:

Same As wrote: »
    Wondering how the on-going media pantomime around Brendan O Sullivan/Sport Ireland will have affected Kerry's preparation/focus for their 1st championship game this weekend against Clare (if at all).

Form-wise, Kerry beat Clare last season by 12 points in Killarney and by 11 points in Croke Park. In 2014, they grinded out a 4 point win against the same opposition in Ennis in their first outing of the season before going on to win the All Ireland. In 2015, they opened their title defence against Tipp in Semple stadium and came away with a 6 point win.

I'm finding myself more inclined to back Clare to beat the 8/9 point spread with home advantage and a game already under their belt than to back Kerry -8 or -9 in their championship bow with all the possible external distractions and a possible hangover after their league win.

Win by 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm looking ahead a bit here, but I was checking out the odds for scheduled games after the weekend and I noticed Monaghan (-3) are 6/5 against Down. I think that's a fantastic price.

Only last year Monaghan hammered Down by 19 points in Ulster, and while I wouldn't necessarily expect a similar margin this time, I'd still imagine Monaghan should have far too much for them. While Down may be improved on last summer I would say Monaghan are too with a stronger bench and better attacking options. With a couple of games under their belts now, I think this could be a game where the Monaghan attack cuts loose a bit after them stuttering a bit over the first two games against blanket defences.

Rasputin11 wrote: »

Mullinahone bet well by Ballingarry, the other 2 won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

shrewdness wrote: »
    I'm looking ahead a bit here, but I was checking out the odds for scheduled games after the weekend and I noticed Monaghan (-3) are 6/5 against Down. I think that's a fantastic price.

Only last year Monaghan hammered Down by 19 points in Ulster, and while I wouldn't necessarily expect a similar margin this time, I'd still imagine Monaghan should have far too much for them. While Down may be improved on last summer I would say Monaghan are too with a stronger bench and better attacking options. With a couple of games under their belts now, I think this could be a game where the Monaghan attack cuts loose a bit after them stuttering a bit over the first two games against blanket defences.

Yeah definitely looks like value to me - I thought Down's defence were absolutely cat in the first half against Armagh. Also Monaghan had an off day in attack yesterday against Cavan with the likes of McManus and Carron getting wides they would normally convert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Thats a good spot. I would have had the handicap as double that. I had a good cut at the -3 this evening.

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/_nVk25ZvTkU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement