Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Fancy Kildare this evening at 10/11

Excellent performance from Kildare flying it this year.

Today Tyrone should have too much guile and experience for Donegal, Galway to hammer Offaly and Waterford to beat the Rebels.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Same As wrote: »

Interesting as always.
    Not doubt both teams need to add more of an attacking dimension to their play on last year if they want to get in among the top 3. Might be a bit of an ask on such a hot day to see the score go over 30, but it might do.
    For me Donegal are the value today, maybe plus 1 or 2. I wasn't that impressed with Tyrone this year so far and see this one as a fairly 50-50 game.

The Cork - Waterford points line is certainly predicated on Waterford playing their defensive system from last years Munster championship. They cannot win an All-Ireland playing like that and hopefully they might look more towards their games v Kilkenny last year as the template for success. Having said that, a physical defensive dogfight today would certainly favour them over Cork and would curtail Corks light pacy forwards. Might wait until it goes in running and see how the teams set up and maybe go for the overs then.

pablo24 wrote: »
    Conor Whelan point from play in both halves is 11/10 with PP mad price I reckon, I'd have that 2/5 or 1/3

Good call. Followed this. I think it is up already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

robbiezero wrote: »

Yep
    Leinster GAA‏Verified account @gaaleinster

6 Min. @gaaleinster SHC Semi-Final @Offaly_GAA 1-0 @Galway_GAA 0-3 Conor Whelan equalises

@gaaleinster

36 Mins. @gaaleinster SHC Semi-Final at O'Moore Park @Galway_GAA 0-17 @Offaly_GAA 1-6 1st point of 2nd half by Conor Whelan

Interesting as always.
    Not doubt both teams need to add more of an attacking dimension to their play on last year if they want to get in among the top 3. Might be a bit of an ask on such a hot day to see the score go over 30, but it might do.
    For me Donegal are the value today, maybe plus 1 or 2. I wasn't that impressed with Tyrone this year so far and see this one as a fairly 50-50 game.

The Cork - Waterford points line is certainly predicated on Waterford playing their defensive system from last years Munster championship. They cannot win an All-Ireland playing like that and hopefully they might look more towards their games v Kilkenny last year as the template for success. Having said that, a physical defensive dogfight today would certainly favour them over Cork and would curtail Corks light pacy forwards. Might wait until it goes in running and see how the teams set up and maybe go for the overs then.

Fair play to Jennings, he really is good on the football unlike yours truly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

KevIRL wrote: »
    Austin Gleeson named centre back for Waterford but looking at the rest of the team, he's pretty much certain to start in the forwards.

PP's special of him to score a point from play in each half @ 2/1 strongly appeals

thanks for great tip Kev, takes his pt in 2nd half in 1st min, some striker of the sliotar, anyone who wasn't watching recommend you catch sunday game for this pt in the 1st half amazing.

haha two score in both halves sealed in 1st min, good work lads much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Excellent performance from Kildare flying it this year.

Today Tyrone should have too much guile and experience for Donegal, Galway to hammer Offaly and Waterford to beat the Rebels.

Waterford were very disappointing still a very profitable weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Fair play to Jennings, he really is good on the football unlike yours truly.

Not sure I could agree with this, haven't followed too closely but from the tips that go up here he doesn't seem to have a great record- hurling or football. He had a couple of great shouts early in the year, particularly Galway in the hurling league, but seems to get more wrong than right lately? E.g. He tipped Tyrone but also fancied Leitrim on the handicap and Waterford in the hurling and both were miles off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is the Ulster final priced up yet lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Django99 wrote: »
    Not sure I could agree with this, haven't followed too closely but from the tips that go up here he doesn't seem to have a great record- hurling or football. He had a couple of great shouts early in the year, particularly Galway in the hurling league, but seems to get more wrong than right lately? E.g. He tipped Tyrone but also fancied Leitrim on the handicap and Waterford in the hurling and both were miles off.

This is not a dig at you but if you havent followed closely how could you possibly make any sort of comment on his record?

I have no idea about his tips good or bad but unless you are following every tip then you can not make any sort of assessment based on a snapshot of what you do pay attention to.

He isn't prefect but as racing post tipsters go hes one of better ones. Also tipped cork no goal at 11/4+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cork 5/6 vs Clare @ 6/5 in the Munster Final

Cork -1 is 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I think Clare at evens is worth a bit of a punt, even if it is in Portlaoise.

Laois got relegated to Division 4 in the league with just 2 wins, whereas Clare survived in Division 2.

In the championship so far Laois's results are

Laois 4-15 Longford 0-16
    Kildare 1-21 Laois 1-7
    Wicklow 3-10 Laois 2-16

Basically they have got score against 2 teams with poor defences; however when they came up against a serious and organised outfit in Kildare they got just 8 scores. Conceding 3-10 to them (even if there was 2 late goals, is a poor sign for me) The Clare defence by comparison has performed well in Division 2

Wicklow were shocking in the league (they won 1 game against London) and their average losing margin was almost 7 points (this against the rest of the Division 4 opppsition)

They lost by 5 points to Louth in the first round (the same Louth who lost by 8 to Longford)

Also in the league Clare only lost to Kildare by a point in Kildare (this was at the end of March)

Clare don't have much in the way of squad depth but their starting lineup has a fair few decent intercounty players. By comparison Laois have Kingston but not a whole lot more after. Clare put in a fairly decent performance against Kerry, but they didn't get much in the way of breaks and Kerry's options off the bench made a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What I would see from a glance at those results is when Laois met a team with a strong midfield they were beaten out the gate. Clare midfield is probably better than Kildare's, probably by a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

keane2097 wrote: »
    What I would see from a glance at those results is when Laois met a team with a strong midfield they were beaten out the gate. Clare midfield is probably better than Kildare's, probably by a good bit.

Would have Fealy and Moolick on par, if not superior to Gary Brennan & Cathal O Connor. Still, they are a strong pairing and gave Kerry plenty of trouble, albeit they were without Moran.

Looks to have been a bit of a move on CIT tonight vs Dohenys in Cork. Were 10/11, as short as 4/11 now. Still some 4/6 out there. I don't know anything about lineups, although I have been told that Dohenys are poor. Moreso pointing out the market move, throw in at 7.45.

Cavan -4 v Offaly looks decent

Same As wrote: »
    Looks to have been a bit of a move on CIT tonight vs Dohenys in Cork. Were 10/11, as short as 4/11 now. Still some 4/6 out there. I don't know anything about lineups, although I have been told that Dohenys are poor. Moreso pointing out the market move, throw in at 7.45.

Hardly convincing but CIT win by 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

This is not a dig at you but if you havent followed closely how could you possibly make any sort of comment on his record?

I have no idea about his tips good or bad but unless you are following every tip then you can not make any sort of assessment based on a snapshot of what you do pay attention to.

I mean I haven't followed closely as in I haven't tracked his P/L, and basing my opionion on looking at all the posts that go up here, which seem to be all of them.

All I can make an assessment on is the bets that I see he recommends and the reasoning he gives. Having seen from all the posts put up here I think he is quite poor at GAA betting.

There used to be a poster here who wrote for LiveGaelic that posted (in my opinion) far better GAA bets and reasoning behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Have to agree with Django above re Jennings bets in racingpost being average at best. Gives about 8 selections each weekend between Sat & Sunday and having followed him each week his strike rate has been poor.
    What disappoints me most is listening to his reasoning on the weekly podcast with powers which is often tame enough for some bets where he has them down as 2/3 point selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Django99 wrote: »
    I mean I haven't followed closely as in I haven't tracked his P/L, and basing my opionion on looking at all the posts that go up here, which seem to be all of them.

All I can make an assessment on is the bets that I see he recommends and the reasoning he gives. Having seen from all the posts put up here I think he is quite poor at GAA betting.

There used to be a poster here who wrote for LiveGaelic that posted (in my opinion) far better GAA bets and reasoning behind them.

So again your basing your opinion on snapshots. You haven't tracked his P/L and you haven't even looked at the picks direct, just what you see go up here. And again I just don't understand why you see the need to say his picks are poor if your basing it on very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

So again your basing your opinion on snapshots. You haven't tracked his P/L and you haven't even looked at the picks direct, just what you see go up here. And again I just don't understand why you see the need to say his picks are poor if your basing it on very little.

I'm not sure why the OP is getting attacked for his opinion.
    I said the same thing here not long ago about poor picks from Jennings and the same thing happened.

He was praised here on this thread for his prediction on Tyrone, but this totally ignored his bigger stake on tipping Leitrim in the same tips.

I'm not sure why the OP is getting attacked for his opinion.
    I said the same thing here not long ago about poor picks from Jennings and the same thing happened.

He was praised here on this thread for his prediction on Tyrone, but this totally ignored his bigger stake on tipping Leitrim in the same tips.

He's not getting attacked, lets be very clear here. I don't follow Jennings , what I am saying is if your going to call someones picks poor have justification for it. Not a snapshot saying his picks are poor but I don't really follow him.

So what if he got the Leitrim pick wrong? Again that's just a snapshot. I believe he also tipped no cork goal this weekend at 5/2, that's good tipping and as with all tipping you have to take the good with the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Ok lads done a bit of research on Jennings tips to stop the arguing. I've checked his weekend bets back to Monaghan v Fermanagh on 20th May and he currently stands at -39.75 points for the championship.

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Ok lads done a bit of research on Jennings tips to stop the arguing. I've checked his weekend bets back to Monaghan v Fermanagh on 20th May and he currently stands at -39.75 points for the championship.

-39.75 .. well that's putrid! Fair play Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

His outright tips he has 2pts on a Tyrone vs Monaghan final at 10/3 and his bet of the football championship was Monaghan to get further than Donegal 4pts at 5/4. Both in with a great shout.

His bet of the hurling championship is Galway to win the Leinster championship 3pts at 11/8 which also has a great chance

What is he for the football?
    From what I have seen he seems to be better at picking on that.

• Advertisement

Fair play for doing that. According to his twitter he was supposed to post these in the RP this weekend, no wonder he didn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement