Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

I won't put him down for the fact he is one of few offering opinions in gaa markets. If anyone knows of anyone else who is better suited and writing thoughts for gaa betting then id be keen to read them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

manafana wrote: »
    I won't put him down for the fact he is one of few offering opinions in gaa markets. If anyone knows of anyone else who is better suited and writing thoughts for gaa betting then id be keen to read them?

You could look up lonesharkoy@ on Twitter, writes an article for a crowd called Betswot. Was a former trader with Ladbrokes to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Sorry lads I missed 2 bets out when checking the stats his loss is actually 4 points worse. - 43.75

His football Total is -22.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

In Jennings defence he is obviously obliged to post X amounts of selections every week whereas in reality someone betting seriously on GAA might have one bet a month, there isn't value in every game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

danganabu wrote: »
    In Jennings defence he is obviously obliged to post X amounts of selections every week whereas in reality someone betting seriously on GAA might have one bet a month, there isn't value in every game!

Why did the racing post choose him & promote him as a gaa tipster, he is awful. Gets most bets very wrong every week, stumbles across a good bet every now & then.
    I've seen many posters here and on other forums who make much better predictions. A serious chancer he is, but fair play to him getting away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

He is mainly employed by the Racing Post for coverage of Irish horse racing, probably because he is a GAA fan and plays for his local club they get him to write a GAA betting column to try and intice more people from here to buy their paper. They know that plenty of people love Gaelic Games and love to bet so a column in there paper will help with their sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Kilkenny U21s against Westmeath -8 tomorrow at evens with PP, Boyles going -10 at 10/11. Tipp bet Westmeath by 26 points recently and Westmeath were only short 1 player. Kilkenny won the minor in 2014 and are favourites to win the 21 this year. They'll be looking for revenge for last years upset against the same opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Kilkenny U21s against Westmeath -8 tomorrow at evens with PP, Boyles going -10 at 10/11. Tipp bet Westmeath by 26 points recently and Westmeath were only short 1 player. Kilkenny won the minor in 2014 and are favourites to win the 21 this year. They'll be looking for revenge for last years upset against the same opponents.

Just a word of caution on this one, Westmeath bet Kilkenny at U-21 last season....

thelad95 wrote: »
    Just a word of caution on this one, Westmeath bet Kilkenny at U-21 last season....

Hence my final sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Kk -7 at 8/11 with PP isn't too bad either , might dbl it up with something else , revenge is always a huge factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Limerick under 21s -3 with PP at 4/5 to beat Tipp looks very generous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

pablo24 wrote: »

Not sure about Limerick but it's a decent Tipp team, certainly wouldn't underestimate them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

So again your basing your opinion on snapshots. You haven't tracked his P/L and you haven't even looked at the picks direct, just what you see go up here. And again I just don't understand why you see the need to say his picks are poor if your basing it on very little.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but what you are saying doesn't make sense. Every weekend posters here put up his selections, so I see all the picks he makes. What does looking at his picks direct mean? (sorry if there's an obvious answer to that)

I was saying his picks are poor because they seem to be based on what he fancies. He gives very little stats or detailed analysis. He writes for a very popular newspaper, and the reason I said I felt his picks were poor is the same reason any of us post on this forum. To give an opinion.

As we've seen he has had a dire year and has lied about this on twitter saying he is in profit. He should really be removed from his position for doing that.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Not sure about Limerick but it's a decent Tipp team, certainly wouldn't underestimate them.

Agree with TF, Limerick will no doubt be strong and are fancied for the outright, but at a glance Tipp I'd assume will have a number of the panel who made two minor finals in a row in 15 & 16, winning the latter of those against Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

A lot of the Limerick 21s played in that Under25 reserve competition for limerick. 'Twas basically an under 21 panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Django99 wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing this up again, but what you are saying doesn't make sense. Every weekend posters here put up his selections, so I see all the picks he makes. What does looking at his picks direct mean? (sorry if there's an obvious answer to that)

I was saying his picks are poor because they seem to be based on what he fancies. He gives very little stats or detailed analysis. He writes for a very popular newspaper, and the reason I said I felt his picks were poor is the same reason any of us post on this forum. To give an opinion.

As we've seen he has had a dire year and has lied about this on twitter saying he is in profit. He should really be removed from his position for doing that.

What I was saying is if you dont track all of his picks and his P/L why would you comment on it? But look that's just a pet peeve of mine. As it turns out there was merit to what you were saying he has been poor on the Championship so far, in fact very poor. Direct picks means going to the racing post and seeing all the picks he posts rather than ones mentioned here.

A lot of the Limerick 21s played in that Under25 reserve competition for limerick. 'Twas basically an under 21 panel

1. Cian Hedderman (Ballybrown)

4. Luke Doran (Ballybrown)
    17. Willie O’Meara (Askeaton)
    2. Sean Hogan (Adare)

18. Jack O’Grady (Knockainey)
    5. Andrew La Touche Cosgrave (Monaleen)
    7. Cian O’Brien (Mungret/St Paul’s)

19. Conor O’Grady (Hospital-Herbertstown)
    8. Jack Cagney (Granagh/Ballingarry)

10. Brian Ryan (South Liberties)
    22. Mike Mackey (Adare)
    12. Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)

13. Kyle Dillion (Bruff)
    11. Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh)
    14. Oisin O’Reilly (Kilmallock)

That was the under 25 team that beat Waterford, the majority of those that are on the 21 team are subs or extended panel members. Haven't even made the 15 or even 24 for Thursday.

backing up how strong this Limerick 21 team is and then include the 8 senior panellists including the star man for the seniors at 14 the last day Kyle Hayes back in centre back. I think this is a seriously strong Limerick side.

I take into account Tipp having the minors and they will probably have more done as a group due to not having many senior panellists but I just feel minor success doesn't always translate to under 21 and Limerick are further down the road and Id expect them to win by 4 or more.

Cavan To beat offally
    Monaghan to beat down

Double works out at 4/6

Kk -7 at 8/11 with PP isn't too bad either , might dbl it up with something else , revenge is always a huge factor

PP has the handicap at -10 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Cavan To beat offally
    Monaghan to beat down

Double works out at 4/6

I've included Carlow with these two, which pays 13/10...looks safe enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Westmeath ahead by 1 at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Blackrock to beat ballymartle 4/5, free money lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Late KK goal making things better. 9 in it going into injury time

Jaysus they made tough work of the - 8 great call Rasputin

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Jaysus they made tough work of the - 8 great call Rasputin

Lucky enough to come in.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Lucky enough to come in.

Blessed

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Haunted although they butchered a nice few goal chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

eurokev wrote: »

I wouldn't know anything about those teams, but could you tell us more...

Johngoose wrote: »
    eurokev wrote: »

I wouldn't know anything about those teams, but could you tell us more...

Ballymartle opened 13/8 which was crazy, took that. A 50:50 game because bally are down one or two, would nearly have bally slight favs still. bally defo the value.

Can't see the basis for you saying that to be honest? Ballymartle hammered the barrs while blackrock were haunted to get to extra time against bandon who are no world beaters. Ballymartle are also flying in the league. Even with the one or two injuries I'd much rather be on bally at 11/8 (which they are now) than the Rockies at 4/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Carlow to beat London, Wexford to beat limerick, Laois to beat Clare all in weekend football pays a nice 5 to 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement