Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

laois 6 to 5 in spoils

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Valley Rovers in cork still available at even money, bet of the weekend. Inniscarra without Sean O'Donoghue and Colm Casey. Would fancy Valleys with these two never mind without.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Ballymartle, Erins Own and Carrigtwohill dbl pays 12-1. Should all the favs but are odds against. Outstanding value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

pablo24 wrote: »
    1. Cian Hedderman (Ballybrown)

4. Luke Doran (Ballybrown)
    17. Willie O’Meara (Askeaton)
    2. Sean Hogan (Adare)

18. Jack O’Grady (Knockainey)
    5. Andrew La Touche Cosgrave (Monaleen)
    7. Cian O’Brien (Mungret/St Paul’s)

19. Conor O’Grady (Hospital-Herbertstown)
    8. Jack Cagney (Granagh/Ballingarry)

10. Brian Ryan (South Liberties)
    22. Mike Mackey (Adare)
    12. Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)

13. Kyle Dillion (Bruff)
    11. Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh)
    14. Oisin O’Reilly (Kilmallock)

That was the under 25 team that beat Waterford, the majority of those that are on the 21 team are subs or extended panel members. Haven't even made the 15 or even 24 for Thursday.

backing up how strong this Limerick 21 team is and then include the 8 senior panellists including the star man for the seniors at 14 the last day Kyle Hayes back in centre back. I think this is a seriously strong Limerick side.

I take into account Tipp having the minors and they will probably have more done as a group due to not having many senior panellists but I just feel minor success doesn't always translate to under 21 and Limerick are further down the road and Id expect them to win by 4 or more.

Well done Pablo, at a canter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Ballymartle, Erins Own and Carrigtwohill dbl pays 12-1. Should all the favs but are odds against. Outstanding value

I might just go with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Why not back them as singles then if they are all value in their own right? 

Why not break out the bet and quote each of their odds with a quick quote. I'd like to take the thread away from suggesting trebles (doubles) in this case and let people decide if want do that but provide single values with minor explanations

manafana wrote: »
    accumulators crack me up, if you want bit fun fine, but if your serious to make few quid, you got play the value in singles, plenty good bets being offered here but its certainly not backing 1/10 shots that are 1/8 shots
    manafana wrote: »
    I'd like to take the thread away from suggesting trebles (doubles) in this case and let people decide if want do that but provide single values with minor explanations

+1, re-quoting your above post also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Why are people fancying Laois to beat Clare? Laois had a dire league campaign in Division 3, being relegated to Division 4 while Clare didn't disgrace themselves in Division 2, with two excellent wins over Cork and Down and a draw against Derry allowing them to maintain Division 2 status.

In addition, Clare won the corresponding fixture last season in the qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Wouldn't be an expert on football in the lower divisions but are Fermanagh not an outstanding price against Armagh at 13/5?

Fermanagh gave Monaghan plenty of it and were operating in division 2 rather than Armagh in division 3 (even if Fermanagh were relegated). Their Monaghan performance was far superior to aramaghs lacklustre display against down. 13/5?

Looking for opinions rather than providing a tip really with this one.

Thanks lads.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Why are people fancying Laois to beat Clare? Laois had a dire league campaign in Division 3, being relegated to Division 4 while Clare didn't disgrace themselves in Division 2, with two excellent wins over Cork and Down and a draw against Derry allowing them to maintain Division 2 status.

In addition, Clare won the corresponding fixture last season in the qualifiers.
    Yeah would be very much leaning towards Clare who come off the much more testing game from Kerry, most good judges expect Clare to win this. Laois have been bit up and down because I saw them once or twice and thought they looked ok but generally they don't match Clare in my view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Wouldn't be an expert on football in the lower divisions but are Fermanagh not an outstanding price against Armagh at 13/5?

Fermanagh gave Monaghan plenty of it and were operating in division 2 rather than Armagh in division 3 (even if Fermanagh were relegated). Their Monaghan performance was far superior to aramaghs lacklustre display against down. 13/5?

Looking for opinions rather than providing a tip really with this one.

Thanks lads.

Armagh are very unpredictable and were a complete mine field for betting on during the league. They lost to bottom team Laois at home and then were cruising at home to Tipp only to let them back in to win it with a few soft goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Monaghan and Cavan both -1.5 on 365 at 9/10 looks a solid double for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Monaghan and Cavan both -1.5 on 365 at 9/10 looks a solid double for the weekend.

Good shout Rasputin

Jennings for tomorrow...

No goals in Down v Monaghan
    1pt 13-2 BoyleSports
    Under 1.5 goals in Down v Monaghan
    2pts 7-4 BoyleSports
    J McCarron man of the match in Down v Monaghan
    1pt 12-1 Paddy Power
    Limerick -1
    2pts 6-4 BoyleSports
    Limerick over 1.5 goals
    1pt 9-4 Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Found an interesting market while browsing through PP's odds for the Monaghan-Down game. For the 1st team to get a black card, they have Monaghan at 2/1 and Down at 11/1. Seems like a big difference especially when you'd have thought Monaghan would be doing more of the attacking.

It must be a mistake because for the Dubs-Westmeath game, they have odds of 15/8 and 11/8 respectively for the same market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

shrewdness wrote: »
    Found an interesting market while browsing through PP's odds for the Monaghan-Down game. For the 1st team to get a black card, they have Monaghan at 2/1 and Down at 11/1. Seems like a big difference especially when you'd have thought Monaghan would be doing more of the attacking.

It must be a mistake because for the Dubs-Westmeath game, they have odds of 15/8 and 11/8 respectively for the same market.

What they refer to as a palpable error. You won't get paid.

PCeeeee wrote: »

Ah yeah I figured that would be the case, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭robwen

Ballymartle lost this evening

Was looking further at Monaghan v Down and its funny, pp have said in match specials they have Monaghan win and dont concede at 5/4 (they are evens no Down goal), Boyles however are 5/4 no down goal and have enhanced Mon win to nil to 15/8 (from 13/8) that 15/8 looks a nice price.

As many on here I'm on Monaghan train for Ulster, their style of football when leading means they don't tend to open up so much. The 5/4 is not value at all had this about 11/8-6/4 but that 15/8 is a very nice price.

They kept Cavan out last time and gave one to Fermanagh. They also kept goal out in 3 of the 7 league games this year against better sides than Down.

Do people have any website with good gaa stats and results at county level, or are we still in dark ages for gaa?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bets I fancy this weekend

30 on Armagh and Cavan to win by 3 or more 2/1
    30 on Monaghan to score the first goal and win, Armagh, Cavan, Carlow to win 4/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

PCeeeee wrote: »

Of course if monaghan got the first black card there'd be nothing palpable about them keeping your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Bets I fancy this weekend

30 on Armagh and Cavan to win by 3 or more 2/1
    30 on Monaghan to score the first goal and win, Armagh, Cavan, Carlow to win 4/1

They might win but no way I be touching Armagh at 2 to 5 or the minus 3 handicap either

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

spurshero wrote: »
    They might win but no way I be touching Armagh at 2 to 5 or the minus 3 handicap either

I feel they are better than what I saw the last day, time will obviously tell.
    Not that it really matters, but it's-2.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Of course if monaghan got the first black card there'd be nothing palpable about them keeping your money.

Well they have the "draw" in that market(no black card I assume) at 25/1, so if you backed all three equally you'd at worst break even, even if they void all the bets! Maybe not worth the bother as they'll probably void them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Jennings 3pts down for this weekend already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Valley Rovers in cork still available at even money, bet of the weekend. Inniscarra without Sean O'Donoghue and Colm Casey. Would fancy Valleys with these two never mind without.

With 25 min in second half Valley Rovers 1-20 to 0-13 up. Good call

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Steven81 wrote: »
    With 25 min in second half Valley Rovers 1-20 to 0-13 up. Good call

It's over.

Excellent tipping, nice one Pablo24.

Anyone on Down -1? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Got them at half time at 11/5, need a a horse to win at haydock for the double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I'd say they ****ed every accum in the country!!

In Pablo we trust! Only problem, I doubled them with Monaghan... I'm sick!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement