Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Kyle Hayes over 1.5 points at evens with Boyles, PP has him over 2.5 at 6/5.

Good spot thanks would never of backed that ,, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Dublin hurlers -7 against Laois at evens, Laois likely to be without Cha Dwyer, Ross King, Picky Maher and Willie Dunphy.

Looked tight at ht but Dublin won well in the end.

I've gone for Derry +6, Limerick +5 and Westmeath +24.

I'm not convinced on Derry but it's on T.V. and six points is a decent lead plus Mayo haven't the best forwards.

I think KK are vulnerable, we've seen it enough over the past two years so wouldn't surprise me to see Limerick really drive that home for those still on the fence.

I really like Westmeath though. 24 is a huge headstart and Tipp have been fairly cack this year.
    They'll likely need 3/4 goals min to top that.

Wasn't too far wrong with any of that.

Just a shame I laid Limerick off.

Wish I just went for the five timer and added Waterford and Dublin.
    Both of those handicaps seemed too low.

I'll probably avoid the two games tomorrow... no value in Galway and I can't back against my own team and Cork could do anything as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Westmeath +24 is a good bet.

I would have had it at + 18 myself

Money for nothing

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Lads again, don't get sucked into thinking you should add more teams and create bigger bets to accumulate, play it game to game and get best prices

Quiet fancy cork to manage a goal today but lose out so took the 11/8 with boyles for Kerry to win with both teams scoring. Fine day for it also so expecting some what open game.

• Advertisement

Surely kerry - 6 is decent value especially with the game on in kerry.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Backed James o Donoghue to score over 5.5 points in the football final at 2.

He scored 9 points the last day vs Clare. 5 of them being from frees. Expect Cork to be under a lot of pressure in the backs and hopefully they'll give away a few handy frees.

1.5 Pts @ 2.10 on Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Donaghy over 1.5 @ 5/4 looks interesting. He usually plays well against Cork, and when he's returning to the team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

James o Donaghue over 5.5 points halfway there already

Autochange wrote: »
    James o Donaghue over 5.5 points halfway there already

Think he's on 5 at the moment. Be shocked if it doesn't land from here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

4 each for him and Geaney

Yeah he on 4. hopefully comes through. Iv him in a double with Germany in con cup

Ah balls. I was following the updates on @SpinSouthwest Twitter

They have James O D with 5 points.

28, 18, 16, 9 and 2nd minute.

5 now. hopefully they dont take him off!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

Was it 6 or 7 points he got (ye're a bit lucky if it's 6)

Got his 6th and was taken off 3 minutes later i think!

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Surely kerry - 6 is decent value especially with the game on in kerry.

Home and hosed

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Burial. wrote: »
    Canning, Whelan and Conor Cooney to score 2 pts or more each @11/8 on PP.

6 for Joe, 4 for Cooney in the first half. Whelan hasn't got a puck. Heavily marked man.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

radonicus wrote: »
    Donaghy over 1.5 @ 5/4 looks interesting. He usually plays well against Cork, and when he's returning to the team.

Classic case of paralysis by overanalysis today. Had Kerry, and Galway, in mind all week for comfortable wins but second guessed myself having read all the papers.

We live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Classic case of paralysis by overanalysis today. Had Kerry, and Galway, in mind all week for comfortable wins but second guessed myself having read all the papers.

We live and learn.

I don't listen to the pre match discussion before the match for that very reason - always leads to second guessing myself.

• Advertisement

Kerry or the Dubs for Sam? nearly time to start backing. Il add Galway for the hurling as a double

• Site Banned Posts: 31 Brad Bobley

Dublin are a shoe in for Sam. Kerry are a good side but the Croke Park factor gives Dublin a huge advantage.

Bad weekend for me. Had a good bit on Donegal -5 and Westmeath +24. Also the Joe Canning under 9.5 points was beaten by a sideline cut. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

We live and learn.

Same as. Left a good few pound behind this weekend. Sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    The -3 @ 10/11 on Galway vs Wexford this weekend looks the bet to me. Expect the game to be close but Galway to pull away.

Fairly cosily covered all in all.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Bhoys , Meath 2/1 to beat Donegal , what do ye reckon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Historically 2 in a row has proven extremely tough and we're talking about 3 in a row for Dubs. Plus Kerry have added a little bit of what they were missing. Kerry look to have everyone in good nick where as Dublin have Paul Flynn, MDMA & Philly McMahon who've had problems lately. Tyrone are built for Croke Park and it won't disadvantage Kerry. Dubs have been lucky, last year could easily have gone Kerry's way. Reckon Kerry are 2 points better and Dubs 2 points worse this year.

Wouldn't be touching Dublin except in running, they can turn over big deficits. Kerry were the bet at 3/1 given they've a straight route to the final and probably still are a bet at 3.25 given Tyrone/Dubs will be tight on the other side and Kerry could start the final as favs·

80s Child wrote: »
    Same as. Left a good few pound behind this weekend. Sickening.

One thing I've learned in betting is, like Michael Gove suggested, to ignore "experts". If you want to be successful you have to make your own mind up and not be put off. Anyone writing for a paper or a site doesn't want to be caught out, "ah be very tight, could go either way, maybe X will have a couple of points to spare", same preview for every game.

Every week there's major clangers in GAA and in most sports. Sky's expert pick for Wimbledon was Kyrgios who was open about his lack of fitness. Goes out today as 1/6 favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

grebtol2 wrote: »
    Historically 2 in a row has proven extremely tough and we're talking about 3 in a row for Dubs. Plus Kerry have added a little bit of what they were missing. Kerry look to have everyone in good nick where as Dublin have Paul Flynn, MDMA & Philly McMahon who've had problems lately. Tyrone are built for Croke Park and it won't disadvantage Kerry. Dubs have been lucky, last year could easily have gone Kerry's way. Reckon Kerry are 2 points better and Dubs 2 points worse this year.

Wouldn't be touching Dublin except in running, they can turn over big deficits. Kerry were the bet at 3/1 given they've a straight route to the final and probably still are a bet at 3.25 given Tyrone/Dubs will be tight on the other side and Kerry could start the final as favs·

Couldn't agree with that to be honest. A lot of things went right for Kerry that day. In the first half they were being strangled out of the game until two clangers from Cluxton and a bit of a ten minute melt-down from the Dubs gave them a 5 point lead at half-time. Dublin came out and won the second half 12-5 which for me was pretty convincing and they were fully deserving winners and comfortably enough the better side.
    Cork made Kerry look very good yesterday with their tactical naivety. When Cian O Sullivan is sat in front of Geaney and O'Donoghue, those lovely popped passes and clever runs won't be quite so easy and Kerry do not have a huge amount of pace coming from deep to fall back on if their kick passing game is thwarted.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with that to be honest. A lot of things went right for Kerry that day. In the first half they were being strangled out of the game until two clangers from Cluxton and a bit of a ten minute melt-down from the Dubs gave them a 5 point lead at half-time. Dublin came out and won the second half 12-5 which for me was pretty convincing and they were fully deserving winners and comfortably enough the better side.
    Cork made Kerry look very good yesterday with their tactical naivety. When Cian O Sullivan is sat in front of Geaney and O'Donoghue, those lovely popped passes and clever runs won't be quite so easy and Kerry do not have a huge amount of pace coming from deep to fall back on if their kick passing game is thwarted.

Yeah true was a 10 point swing over 10 minutes. But Dubs probably got 2/3 points better from the ref that day too. Certainly it was heading for a draw had McManamon been called back, it would have been 19/20 times. Kerry's kicking game could be a killer, that's missing from the Dubs now too with Connolly gone and questionable for the rest of the year, he's one player Dublin do trust to kick pass and try to isolate. Dublin have been suffering from a lack of goals. None in the semi last year, 2 flukes in the final, 1 peno in the replay. They're crucial.

I'm just thinking in terms of what's tipping Kerry's way this year, James O'Donoghue, Dub miles on the clock, hunger, midfield & the mark, Connolly, Dub injuries....there's a lot point the opposite way from last year.

Will learn a lot from Dublin Kildare. Exciting summer ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Bhoys , Meath 2/1 to beat Donegal , what do ye reckon ?

As a Meath supporter I wouldn't encourage anybody to take 2/1...Sligo should have won the other evening.
    Meath have been poor in their last 2 games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement