Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Looking ahead to next Saturday I see bookies have the Carlow v Leitrim game priced at 4/9 v 5/2
    I'm from Carlow and would reckon this game is 50/50. We both played London away, Leitrim won in Ruislip by 3 points, we scraped through by 1 point over there.
    We are missing our best player Brendan Murphy through suspension too.

Leitrim beat us in the league in Div 4 2-12 to 2-10.

Hard to see why we are such strong favourites. There is definitely value in the 5/2 available on Leitrim.

As a Carlow man I hope we can get the win, but there's no way we should be such strong favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Stevecw wrote: »
    Looking ahead to next Saturday I see bookies have the Carlow v Leitrim game priced at 4/9 v 5/2
    I'm from Carlow and would reckon this game is 50/50. We both played London away, Leitrim won in Ruislip by 3 points, we scraped through by 1 point over there.
    We are missing our best player Brendan Murphy through suspension too.

Leitrim beat us in the league in Div 4 2-12 to 2-10.

Hard to see why we are such strong favourites. There is definitely value in the 5/2 available on Leitrim.

As a Carlow man I hope we can get the win, but there's no way we should be such strong favourites.

Murphy got two yellows, is he definitely suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

Just looking at all stars.

I know finalists will dominate. Going on current form...Kerry v Dublin/Tyrone final..

Think
    13/8 James O Donoghue
    is printing money. Big year ahead for that man..

Outside chances...
    5/1 Tiernan McCann

Going very well for Tyrone, great game v Donegal. Tyrone should have too much for down

If Mayo come out of Ennis Saturday evening, this man will have a big part to play in the midfield area....

7/1 Aiden O'Shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Same As wrote: »
    Murphy got two yellows, is he definitely suspended?

He had totted up a load of black/red cards during the league. We even rested him for the last league win v Wexford in case he picked up another black/red. He got 2 yellows v Dublin, that would have put him out of London game. His 1st yellow was quashed, so he played v London.
    Again he got 2 yellows = red.

This red added to his earlier red/black cards means he got a 1 game ban. Will miss Leitrim game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Stevecw wrote: »
    He had totted up a load of black/red cards during the league. We even rested him for the last league win v Wexford in case he picked up another black/red. He got 2 yellows v Dublin, that would have put him out of London game. His 1st yellow was quashed, so he played v London.
    Again he got 2 yellows = red.

This red added to his earlier red/black cards means he got a 1 game ban. Will miss Leitrim game.

Thanks, couldn't see it in any newspaper or anywhere at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Banner to win Munster hurling at 6-5 is value , keep it simple

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

7/5 on pp

I fancy this Cork side are riding a crest of a wave currently. Over 8k went to the minor game last night and with both minor and senior Cork teams in the munster final for the first time in about 11 years, I fully expect a ridiculous Cork crowd to travel and I will be on Cork ht/ft at 13/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

6/5 taking draw out of it , Waterford never turned up last day and v little hype with Clare and have scoring forwards and strong panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

6/5 taking draw out of it , Waterford never turned up last day and v little hype with Clare and have scoring forwards and strong panel

Fair enough. I can't really see the value myself, they have had those forwards and panel for the last 4 years and the only win in the Munster championship they have managed in that time is this year over a poor Limerick outfit.
    There is little hype about them because they have shown very little in 4 years.
    On current form I think Cork are worthy favorites, However there is certainly plenty potential in Clare and they have some serious hurlers if they are given space and allowed to play, but for me I'd need at least 7/4 on them I think before I'd play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Who is people favourite for the all ireland hurling out right

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

kala85 wrote: »
    Who is people favourite for the all ireland hurling out right

Galway for me. Very well organised, can defend and can score and they are now not totally dependant Canning.
    Tip are far from gone and will definitely be in the shake up.
    Cork are the dark horses.
    I can't see another team winning it this year outside of that 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Agree, although obviously the 7/5 as highlighted by shambo.

Cork were impressive against Tipp to a certain extent but it was a bit of a shadow boxing game, there wasn't a single tackle put in from either team and it essientally was a shoot out, Tipp have shown since that they are very musc out of form, which adds further to the question marks over the solidity of the form.

Waterford were dire tbh although obviously that is not Cork's fault and perhaps they contributed to Waterford's awfulness by the pressure they put them under. Of course the same argument can be made about Limerick v Clare.

The two main reasons I think Clare are huge value, is firstly the way Cork really struggled to put two games to bed that they should have had wrapped up with 20 mins to go, against Tipp they actually found themselves a point down with 5 mins to go in a match they completely dominated. And secondly the expectation, they came in under the radar against Tipp and there was no pressure, as evidenced by the super performance of the 5 debutants, however against Waterford there was a little more expectancy and pressure and 4 out of the 5 were very poor, this Sunday will be a whole new level of expectancy and pressure for this Cork team and management.

They may very well relish it and flourish but the value is definitely in 7/5 Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wouldn't fancy Clare to win the hurling but 4/1 for their footballers to beat Mayo down in Ennis is very good value imo. I'd make clare around 2/1.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Wouldn't fancy Clare to win the hurling but 4/1 for their footballers to beat Mayo down in Ennis is very good value imo. I'd make clare around 2/1.

Whats the handicap on the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

PP are going 5 pt handicap
    Clare 10/11
    Mayo EVS

I can't see Clare getting the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Clare - 5 @ 10/11 in P Powers

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

5 pts seems way too short for a 4/1 team. Something wrong with the pricing on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

5 pts seems way too short for a 4/1 team. Something wrong with the pricing on this one.

Perfectly standard for Football. For example Wexford are 11/2 and the handicap is 6pts, Down are 9/2 the handicap is 6 pts. Tipp are 2/1 and the handicap is 2pts. These are all consistent with 4/1 being +5pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

danganabu wrote: »
    Perfectly standard for Football. For example Wexford are 11/2 and the handicap is 6pts, Down are 9/2 the handicap is 6 pts. Tipp are 2/1 and the handicap is 2pts. These are all consistent with 4/1 being +5pts.

Agreed, if a team isn't known for hammering teams (so anyone other than Dublin & Kerry), they could be long, long odds on, but the handicap may only be a few points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Leitrim, Tipperary and Westmeath Treble this weekend is at a tempting 39/1 on Boylesports. Worth a flutter as I would not be surprised to see any of these three winning 50/50 games.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Leitrim, Tipperary and Westmeath Treble this weekend is at a tempting 39/1 on Boylesports. Worth a flutter as I would not be surprised to see any of these three winning 50/50 games.

Will be doing Tipp and Leitrim and doing Meath instead of Westmeath !

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

On the clare cork game; i think if clare are going to win they will need 2 or 3 goals as there defence isnt too hectic. Shane o donnell comes into the game in great form so him to score agoal anytime and clare to win is 4/1, also shane to score first goal and clare to win is 14/1. I think they might be worth a few bob. I think this game is going to be a shoot out between both these teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

In the hurling fancy Clare and Waterford to win plus like the over 48.5 pts in the Munster final B365 evens, can see lots of scores in this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Warper wrote: »
    In the hurling fancy Clare and Waterford to win plus like the over 48.5 pts in the Munster final B365 evens, can see lots of scores in this

Clare - definitely - too much pedigree for Cork and Cork caught Tipp backs out that is why Ryan is trying out new backs at the minute - lucky for him - 2 soft draws between WestMeath and Dublin are giving him the time to work out his backline - but be wary regarding Kilkenny v Waterford - as much as I would like to see Kilkenny knocked out - I don't think Waterford are the team to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Not sure about Clare. In their semi final both teams were appallingly bad. Clare couldn't finish off an abject Limerick team. Couldn't take much out of that game. Same Cork team beat both Tipp and Waterford comfortably and that's serious form. Beat Tipp and Waterford in the league and also Clare. We haven't seen Clare perform at their peak in a long time and seen nothing this year to suggest they're going to put in a big one. Beat Cork in a challenge a while back comfortably but hard to know about challenge games.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

funkhouser wrote: »
    Not sure about Clare. In their semi final both teams were appallingly bad. Clare couldn't finish off an abject Limerick team. Couldn't take much out of that game. Same Cork team beat both Tipp and Waterford comfortably and that's serious form. Beat Tipp and Waterford in the league and also Clare. We haven't seen Clare perform at their peak in a long time and seen nothing this year to suggest they're going to put in a big one. Beat Cork in a challenge a while back comfortably but hard to know about challenge games.

Cork didn't beat Tipp comfortably, that game could have gone either way until a slip up in the Tipp defence gifted them a goal. Also Tipp could have and probably should have had 3 goals in the first half. They beat a woeful Waterford team. I'm just not convinced by Cork yet. I'd also be worried about the way Lehane hobbled off against Waterford and wonder how fit he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Thought Cork were clearly better on the day but were wasteful, the problem of youth.

Kilkenny -1 at evens and Monaghan - 6 at evens look promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Waterford team named. Think KK to win 5/6 and KK to qualify 4/6 are excellent bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

KevIRL wrote: »
    Waterford team named. Think KK to win 5/6 and KK to qualify 4/6 are excellent bets.

If Kilkenny win - does that cover the qualify bet or does the qualify bet cover extra time if needed? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I'd appreciate an answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement