Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Anyone got any thoughts on the hurling today?
    Cork are flying it at the minute but it's always hard to know with Clare.

Same with the Football. Galway might not turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Autochange wrote: »

Don't know about the hurling but hard not seeing Galway winning by at least 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I think Cork might edge it - it should be close.

I think Galway will win today - I don't think Sean Armstrong would have gone back with them if he thought they wouldn't win Connaught.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Club games in Kerry and Louth today , any idea how they will go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Club games in Kerry and Louth today , any idea how they will go ?

The games in Louth are probably priced about right. Pats should beat a fairly depleted Geraldines team though they're missing a few big players themselves so I personally wouldn't back them. Dundalk Gaels are also down a county panellist who's in America and another who's struggling with injury, but they should have too much for a very limited Cooley side. Neither pats or Gaels convince me enough to carry any of my money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Jennings down 4pts on Galway

Id like to see Jennings record for the year to date. From what iv seen he is a guess merchant. Todays football being the exception, that was a shock

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Id like to see Jennings record for the year to date. From what iv seen he is a guess merchant. Todays football being the exception, that was a shock

I posted his record for this years championship couple of weeks back

how is he going overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

Kildare plus 9 in the handicap against the dubs @ evens looks a cracking bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

HarryStuby wrote: »
    Kildare plus 9 in the handicap against the dubs @ evens looks a cracking bet

I'm not sure about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Jennings must be down nearly 100 points at this stage. Another 20 points down this weekend probably.

Conor McGrath 3.5 points bet going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ffs i was going to back galway and clare!!!

Thanks Jennings, genuinely saved me a fortune

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »

I fancy this Cork side are riding a crest of a wave currently. Over 8k went to the minor game last night and with both minor and senior Cork teams in the munster final for the first time in about 11 years, I fully expect a ridiculous Cork crowd to travel and I will be on Cork ht/ft at 13/8

5 up at ht
    5 up at ft

That will do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Think this is correct

-31.35 points closing bank 2 weeks ago

-26.20 points closing bank last week
    -46.70 points closing bank this week.

Wexford look great value at 3/1 against Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Tipperary evens against Armagh on PP. Would have thought they would be a lot shorter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Game coming quick for Tipp who have a shallow panel and are a bit walking wounded. Could see them getting chinned this week, hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

keane2097 wrote: »
    Game coming quick for Tipp who have a shallow panel and are a bit walking wounded. Could see them getting chinned this week, hope not.
    Very hard game to call . Is the game not coming quick for Armagh too who had tough outing v Westmeath . Have to say after being in salthill on Sunday donegal must be very average if there 8 to 11 to beat that Galway team . Cause they were embarrassing .

spurshero wrote: »
    Very hard game to call . Is the game not coming quick for Armagh too who had tough outing v Westmeath .

Do Armagh have similar issues regarding injuries to key players and panel depth to Tipp?

• Advertisement

Very hard game to call . Is the game not coming quick for Armagh too who had tough outing v Westmeath . Have to say after being in salthill on Sunday donegal must be very average if there 8 to 11 to beat that Galway team . Cause they were embarrassing .

They weren't "embarrassing" - they lost because every thing that could go wrong went wrong - they hit the post twice in the first half - that cost them a goal and a point. In addition the ref may as well have worn a "I love Roscommon" tourist t-shirt - the ball could be 3/4 of the way down the field and he'd call a free back to directly in front on the Galway goals - it was unbelievable - if he believes his eyesight is that good then he should open a shop to rival specsavers.

Danick wrote: »
    They weren't "embarrassing" - they lost because every thing that could go wrong went wrong - they hit the post twice in the first half - that cost them a goal and a point. In addition the ref may as well have worn a "I love Roscommon" tourist t-shirt - the ball could be 3/4 of the way down the field and he'd call a free back to directly in front on the Galway goals - it was unbelievable - if he believes his eyesight is that good then he should open a shop to rival specsavers.

Honestly, I think this is very far from a balanced analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

I have never heard anyone complaining that hitting the post "cost" them a point!

Sorry wasn't aware of tipp having that many injuries .

I agree and was very frustrated with ref . But to say Galway lost because anything that could go wrong going wrong is laughable .the goalie is out of his level and the backs were destroyed. Midfield was non exsistent . I thought comer and Daly tried hard and Walsh was our best player by a long way .forget the rest on Sundays performance including sideline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

They were embarrassing, put to be fair its pales into insignificance when compared to this post!

I have never heard anyone complaining that hitting the post "cost" them a point!

I only meant they were unlucky - it was support the idea that anything that could go wrong went wrong.

I agree and was very frustrated with ref . But to say Galway lost because anything that could go wrong going wrong is laughable .the goalie is out of his level and the backs were destroyed. Midfield was non exsistent . I thought comer and Daly tried hard and Walsh was our best player by a long way .forget the rest on Sundays performance including sideline

I didn't mean that was the reason they lost - I just meant they were unlucky at times - The refs decisions against Galway seemed to break their momentum - look they did their best with the players they had - I know its just an opinion but I don't think they were "embarrassing" - some credit has to be given to Roscommon - they played very well as a unit.

danganabu wrote: »
    They were embarrassing, put to be fair its pales into insignificance when compared to this post!

As the Dude says, "Well, that's just your opinion man" - it's a shame you have no problem with calling amateur players "embarrassing" they don't get paid and train week in week out and for what? They lose one game and they are cannon fodder.

• Advertisement

Anyway... getting back on topic - Galway to beat Donegal is a good price on PP at the minute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement