Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Burial. wrote: »
    David Burke I'd say. 4 points from midfield, captain led by example and when taken off he was aching from a massive effort. Huge game. Tadhg De Burca, Canning, Pauraic Mahony, Mannion or McInerney to be in a shout for nominations.

McInerney, Burke and Barron confirmed nominations. Burke winning it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Burial. wrote: »
    Surely Conor Whelan for YPOTY @1/7 is as good as free money? Even as a Cork man I couldn't see Mark Coleman above him. Whelan arguably a candidate for HOTY.
    Defo free money but hard to get involved at that price and they wouldn't take a right bet anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Browney7 wrote: »
    McInerney, Burke and Barron confirmed nominations. Burke winning it

Barron an odd enough nomination. Played well but not near as influential as in other games. Burke as well as Coen strong all throughout. I've been critical of him for a long time but Pauraic Mahony was at times Waterford's only hope up front. Missed a few frees alright. And De Burca absolutely lorded ball all day. I'd have one of them above Barron. Right man got the nod though.

Quite surprised Gearoid Mc was unanimously voted POTY. I still reckon Joe will get it whether he's been the #1 man this year or not. I actually thought he could have got the nod for it in 2012 but losing the final and Henry being Henry I guess. Austin Gleeson had no business of getting it last year over Callinan, especially after the latter's outrageous performance in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FlacidBiscuit

PP offering some great odds in Cork this week. Mitchelstown to beat Ballydesmond @ 6/4 looks like the bet of the weekend for me. Also wouldn't rule out Clyda or Aghabullogue in their respective games both priced @ 15/8

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Mitchelstown gone 8/11 already and no wonder cos they are certainties to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

17:30 Charleville 8/13 v Kanturk 6/4 draw 8/1

Kanturk beat Charleville a few weeks ago in round two, surprised to see them outsiders now.

UCC vs Clyda an interesting one. UCC were excellent in their 2nd round win vs Avondhu and if they are anything like that night they'll win by 20 pts. big question mark always over UCC player availability but there doesn't seem to be too many games in kerry this weekend, vast majority of their squad is kerry players, and with students returning to college should be others available now too who were away for summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Ghaeltacht are way overpriced at 13/8 in Kerry this weekend. They should be around evens if not shorter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

hurler97 wrote: »

How come? Haven't heard much about mitchelstown in Gaa for a big town.

They have a good underage set up with players being on Cork 21/minor teams the past three years, Ballydesmond would be a poor Junior A team only for Donncha O'Connor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

4/9 now. Add in kilcormac -killaughy in offaly on Sunday also at 4/9 for a nice evens double

• Advertisement

Same As wrote: »
    Ghaeltacht are way overpriced at 13/8 in Kerry this weekend. They should be around evens if not shorter.

Now 10/11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Liking Richie Leahy to score over 2.5pts from play is 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Not a tip as such, but for me Thomas Grimes has been Limerick's standout performer in the 21s championship so far. I thought he was very unlucky not to get MOTM nods in either of the Cork and Galway games, if not both. The man is playing out of his skin at the moment.

He's 33/1 for MOTM tomorrow. I'll be having a fiver on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Draw

Same As wrote: »

Ghaeltacht win by 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Cluxton has overtaken Andy Moran as POTY favourite. Could this be like the year Giggs won POTY, people arbitarily deciding that this is the year to honour a guy who has been playing at a high (but maybe not spectacular) level for years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,744 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Cluxton has overtaken Andy Moran as POTY favourite. Could this be like the year Giggs won POTY, people arbitarily deciding that this is the year to honour a guy who has been playing at a high (but maybe not spectacular) level for years...

You could use the same logic (coupled with an excellent season) for giving it to AM.

Ffs.

Went to collect my David Burke MOTM bet today... was given half the stake.

Seems Daithi was the exact same price and I stupidly put down D.Burke.

How the fudge is a FB the same odds.

You'd have thrown the slip away then if it went the other way.

Might be worth chancing if anyone did as I did but for Daithi.

Sickening.

kippy wrote: »
    You could use the same logic (coupled with an excellent season) for giving it to AM.

I don't think anyone would dispute that Andy has had his best season since the start of the Horan era, whereas I don't know that Cluxton has been poarticularly outstanding this year (although I guess it's hard to tell with a Dublin goalie).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭DubCount

I don't think anyone would dispute that Andy has had his best season since the start of the Horan era, whereas I don't know that Cluxton has been poarticularly outstanding this year (although I guess it's hard to tell with a Dublin goalie).

I think you need to wait for the final. If Mayo win and Andy Moran shoots the lights out again, I cant see anyone else getting POTY. If the Dubs do win and they can keep Any quiet, then its likely POTY will go to a Dub. Its hard to pick out a single outfield player for Dublin who has out-played his team mates all year. If Cluxton has a good final, he could be a great shout for POTY if he's on the winning side.

• Advertisement

DubCount wrote: »
    I think you need to wait for the final. If Mayo win and Andy Moran shoots the lights out again, I cant see anyone else getting POTY. If the Dubs do win and they can keep Any quiet, then its likely POTY will go to a Dub. Its hard to pick out a single outfield player for Dublin who has out-played his team mates all year. If Cluxton has a good final, he could be a great shout for POTY if he's on the winning side.

Well obviously we'll have a much better idea after the final but don't we gamblers try to get ahead of the game?:P I'm just interested in what prompts such major shifts in this sort of market in the absence of 'new evidence'. IIRC Cluxton was fifth or sixth favourite immediately after the semis. Have a lot of punters been sitting down for a good hard think about POTY candidates over the past couple of weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The Sunday Game hype train is in over drive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭DubCount

Well obviously we'll have a much better idea after the final but don't we gamblers try to get ahead of the game?:P I'm just interested in what prompts such major shifts in this sort of market in the absence of 'new evidence'. IIRC Cluxton was fifth or sixth favourite immediately after the semis. Have a lot of punters been sitting down for a good hard think about POTY candidates over the past couple of weeks?

True. I reckon with the evidence to date, I'd have Any Moran in pole position. I think the odds on a Dublin win in the final are a bit slim, but a Dublin win is still the result I expect. That pushes the chances of a Dublin POTY up the rankings. With that in mind, Cluxton becomes a good bet (as there is no single stand out outfield player). Maybe that kind of thinking has shifted the market towards Cluxton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

UCC 11/2 v Middleton tonight with boyles.
    7/4 with pp. Any info on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Any thoughts on..

Ballygunner to beat Dungarvan 2/5
    De La Salle to beat Abbeyside 2/7
    Patrickswell to beat Ballybrown 1/4
    Kiltale to beat Kilmessan 1/4

Ballyduff Upper seem overpriced @7/4 to beat Tallow

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

djPSB wrote:
    Ballygunner to beat Dungarvan 2/5 De La Salle to beat Abbeyside 2/7 Patrickswell to beat Ballybrown 1/4 Kiltale to beat Kilmessan 1/4

Ballgunner definitely. I think 2/7 is too short on De La Salle, not saying they won't win , if they were around 4/7 id back them but not at those odds

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Going for an accum on the following

Ballygunner 2/5
    Middleton 2/5
    Ballyhale 2/9
    James Stephens 1/4

Pays about 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Going for an accum on the following

Ballygunner 2/5
    Middleton 2/5
    Ballyhale 2/9
    James Stephens 1/4

Pays about 2/1

I would be quite wary on James Stephens. They have a very poor side this year barring Larkin and Tyrell and haven't impressed in any games so far. St Martins have managed to be worse, but they are capable of pulling off a big performance. They actually beat James Stephens in the group stage last year. At 1/4 I see no value in James Stephens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

djPSB wrote: »
    Any thoughts on..

Ballygunner to beat Dungarvan 2/5
    De La Salle to beat Abbeyside 2/7
    Patrickswell to beat Ballybrown 1/4
    Kiltale to beat Kilmessan 1/4

Kiltale are a rock solid bet against Kilmessan. Dunboyne good things at 11/10 to beat Kildalkey in the other semi-final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement