Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Imokilly 10/11 (v Erins Own)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Rathmore are a bit on the big side at 15/8 down in Kerry this weekend. By no means a cert, but they should be around 11/8 or 5/4 in my book.

Also, I've no real interest in Tyrone football but it's interesting that Pomeroy are made a 7/2 shot against Clonoe this weekend having turned over the favourites Killyclogher in the last round. Any Tyrone posters have an opinion there?

Pomeroy drew the first day, but won the replay tonight at 4/1.

Rathmore were beaten comfortably enough in the end by South Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Moran in to 1/7 for POTY. Surely in the bag now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Powers have prices up for the Kilkenny SHC Quarter Finals this weekend.

Carrickshock at 2/1 against James Stephens looks well overpriced to me. (Boyles are 11/8 Carrickshock) - Carrickshock have been going nicely all year in contrast to JS who were struggling before winning a relegation semi-final against a woeful Muckalee team.

It's a 50/50 game in my eyes, and the 2/1 is a must bet. I'd be surprised if they don't shorten in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Powers have prices up for the Kilkenny SHC Quarter Finals this weekend.

Carrickshock at 2/1 against James Stephens looks well overpriced to me. (Boyles are 11/8 Carrickshock) - Carrickshock have been going nicely all year in contrast to JS who were struggling before winning a relegation semi-final against a woeful Muckalee team.

It's a 50/50 game in my eyes, and the 2/1 is a must bet. I'd be surprised if they don't shorten in the coming days.

Can't believe they're 2/1. James Stephens are having a shocker of a year and are nowhere near as strong as even 2/3 years ago. Carrickshock have all the momentum going into this with a good win over Clara in the shield final. As you say that price probably won't last so I'll be getting on it straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Looking at the other club games in Kilkenny, O Loughlins should have enough to beat Erins Own at 4/11. They have a strength in depth not many other clubs in KK have and Erins Own lack firepower up front to be a serious threat. It will probably be close but can't see an upset there.

Ballyhale at 8/11 could be some value against Clara. As above, Carrickshock beat Clara easily enough in the shield final. Clara have regressed a good bit in the last year or so. Michael Fennelly played for Ballyhale the last day and is obviously a huge addition.

Dicksboro are the form team in senior but Mullinavat are coming off a good win against Bennetsbridge. I'd stay away from this one.

In the Intermediate St Pats v Lisdowney is as big a local derby as you can get. Pats came close to winning this grade a few times in the last couple of years but came up short. Lisdowney haven't threatened to win the grade but have been consistent in getting to quarter finals since coming up from junior on 2013. They had a good win against Tullogher in a replay last week. 13/8 could be a bit of value because anything can happen when these two play. Might be worth a small bet on the draw at 9/1, it's always a close game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Imokily & UCC double in Cork to win replays. Gives 2.82/1. I was at both games at the weekend. Imokily and UCC should walk it. Can't see either slipping up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Django99 wrote: »
    Can't believe they're 2/1. James Stephens are having a shocker of a year and are nowhere near as strong as even 2/3 years ago. Carrickshock have all the momentum going into this with a good win over Clara in the shield final. As you say that price probably won't last so I'll be getting on it straight away.

Powers have cut Carrickshock to 13/8. You can't eat value but it's nice to have the 2/1.

eurokev wrote: »
    Imokily & UCC double in Cork to win replays. Gives 2.82/1. I was at both games at the weekend. Imokily and UCC should walk it. Can't see either slipping up again

UCC potentially missing players for the replay?

Agree on Imokily

langer91 wrote:

langer91 wrote:
    Agree on Imokily

I don't know of any major player they will be missing. Do you know of any???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Powers have cut Carrickshock to 13/8. You can't eat value but it's nice to have the 2/1.

they were missing 4 starters against clara
    loadup

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

eurokev wrote: »
    langer91 wrote:

langer91 wrote:
    Agree on Imokily

I don't know of any major player they will be missing. Do you know of any???

Jamie Barron & Conor Gleeson going to a music festival, slightly offset by the face Devine will be back but huge huge losses nonetheless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

pablo24 wrote: »
    Jamie Barron & Conor Gleeson going to a music festival, slightly offset by the face Devine will be back but huge huge losses nonetheless.

Going to a music festival?They not paid well lookwd after and passed in exams

pablo24 wrote:

You're having a windup there surely, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Joke having the colleges compete in the club championship.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Anyone from Mayo have an opinion to share on the below two games:

Hollymount-Carramore v Davitts
    Charlestown v Garrymore

@80's Child (if you're still out there) you're based up there right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Same As wrote: »
    Anyone from Mayo have an opinion to share on the below two games:

Hollymount-Carramore v Davitts
    Charlestown v Garrymore

@80's Child (if you're still out there) you're based up there right?

How's things! I am surely! This is the last round of the senior group games. I normally don't bet on this round of fixtures as some teams are already through, so may not be trying etc. I'll have a look and see if I can see any value!

80s Child wrote: »
    How's things! I am surely! This is the last round of the senior group games. I normally don't bet on this round of fixtures as some teams are already through, so may not be trying etc. I'll have a look and see if I can see any value!

Right, doing a bit of poking around the place:

Hollymount-Carramore seem to be a good price. Boyle got Davitts over the line last week but shouldn't be enough to tilt the scales here. Also Conroy is living away and isn't fully fit. Will only be a bit part player and he's still their best forward!

The other game is too close to call and is priced accordingly. A few of the boys here are playing senior championship this weekend and couldn't call it!

My 2c!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Boxed off Tis called eurokev, no wind up.

I wouldn't blame them why would they care it's not their club, only a Mickey worse thing for a lot of lads in college. Been on a college panel myself, very few lads care about it like their club, almost none wether they'd admit it or not and most would admit they couldn't care less.

This is obvious from following these games, divisions and colleges have lads unavailable regularly even when they are not playing the same day with their clubs etc.

Colleges and divisions should have no place in the club championship but that's another matter.

Can't blame these boys, long year had they may enjoy themselves. They'll be fine and committed for the Fitz which is all college Hurlers really care about and rightly so.

Imokily lead 1.11 to 2.04 at half time. But Erin's own look very dangerous for balls dropping in to the full forward line.

Imokily win by 1 point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any news on the UCC match - can't find anything online - thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Danick wrote: »
    Any news on the UCC match - can't find anything online - thanks
    Satsfields won by point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks - unfortunately I had UCC in a accumulator - can't catch a break at the minute- ah well

langer91 wrote: »
    Imokilly 10/11 (v Erins Own)

That'll do

Hollymount won by 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Danick wrote: »
    Thanks - unfortunately I had UCC in a accumulator - can't catch a break at the minute- ah well
    Unfortunately I know the feeling !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Any thoughts on these 4 for the weekend. EVS Accumulator.

ST MARTINS v Naomh Eanna Wexford Hurling 2/7
    OULART v Raparees Wexford Hurling 1/5
    KILMACUD v Na Fianna Dublin Hurling 1/7
    BALLYGUNNER v Mount Sion Waterford hurling 1/5

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

djPSB wrote: »

Looks good to me. Martins have a busy schedule with their footballers playing a senior semi-final replay next weekend.

Any thoughts on the provincial championships? Early yet but I see the first round games in the Leinster junior football championship are on Saturday:

Leinster club JFC first round
    Laragh (Wicklow) v Kilcavan (Laois), Aughrim, 2pm
    Erin Rovers (Offaly) v Sean Connollys (Longford), Pullough, 2pm
    Conahy Shamrocks (Kilkenny) v Glen Emmets (Louth), Jenkinstown, 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

djPSB wrote: »

I've been told that this Na Fianna team are on the up, they've won a lot underage. The only problem is they're all fairly young at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I have an accumulator running since early august. 4 teams have come in with just Rhode in the Offaly football championship to play. They are now 1/6 on Boyles to win v Clara 7/2. I don't know much about Clara but with Rhode being so short wouldn't it be the right idea to put a few quid on Clara just in case?
    Anyone know anything about the Offaly championship?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement