Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Autochange wrote:
    I have an accumulator running since early august. 4 teams have come in with just Rhode in the Offaly football championship to play. They are now 1/6 on Boyles to win v Clara 7/2. I don't know much about Clara but with Rhode being so short wouldn't it be the right idea to put a few quid on Clara just in case? Anyone know anything about the Offaly championship?

How much have you bet, and how much can you win?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

eurokev wrote: »
    How much have you bet, and how much can you win?

20 bet with a payout of 375

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Let it ride.

keane2097 wrote:
    Let it ride.

+1

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Autochange wrote:

I know nothing about club football in offaly but if you put 80 on Clara you're guaranteed a profit of around 270 . But I'd let it ride for the fact it was only 20 but if you need the money then cover your bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Autochange wrote:

I know nothing about club football in offaly but if you put 80 on Clara you're guaranteed a profit of around 270 . But I'd let it ride for the fact it was only 20 but if you need the money then cover your bet
    Just make sure that if ya do cover bet make sure ya do it to lift the cup as otherwise a draw could screw ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

im from offaly you are safe as houses let it ride its a formality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Looks good to me. Martins have a busy schedule with their footballers playing a senior semi-final replay next weekend.

Any thoughts on the provincial championships? Early yet but I see the first round games in the Leinster junior football championship are on Saturday:

Leinster club JFC first round
    Laragh (Wicklow) v Kilcavan (Laois), Aughrim, 2pm
    Erin Rovers (Offaly) v Sean Connollys (Longford), Pullough, 2pm
    Conahy Shamrocks (Kilkenny) v Glen Emmets (Louth), Jenkinstown, 2pm

Cheers left out St. Martin's and went max bet on other 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

djPSB wrote: »
    Cheers left out St. Martin's and went max bet on other 3.

Which 3 did you pick? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Autochange wrote: »
    I have an accumulator running since early august. 4 teams have come in with just Rhode in the Offaly football championship to play. They are now 1/6 on Boyles to win v Clara 7/2. I don't know much about Clara but with Rhode being so short wouldn't it be the right idea to put a few quid on Clara just in case?
    Anyone know anything about the Offaly championship?

Rhode should be too strong for Clara who scored an injury time goal to beat Ferbane in the semi-final by 1-13 to 1-12. Rhode beat Clara in the group stages by nine points in July.

• Advertisement

Danick wrote: »
    Which 3 did you pick? Thanks

Oulart, Kilmacud, Ballygunner.

Any thoughts on these four teams in their respective intermediate county finals at the weekend?

Raheens (Kildare football) 1/6
    Carrickmacross (Monaghan football) 1/6
    Milford (Donegal football) 1/4
    Kilmaley (Clare hurling) 1/4

Pays a little over Evens

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Whiteshorts1

Any thoughts on these four teams in their respective intermediate county finals at the weekend?

Raheens (Kildare football) 1/6
    Carrickmacross (Monaghan football) 1/6
    Milford (Donegal football) 1/4
    Kilmaley (Clare hurling) 1/4

Pays a little over Evens

Raheens were 8/11 the other day for this game I'd say kilcock are a bet now at the prices. Kilmaley are the 4th best team in Clare and improving they should steamroll tubber. As good a 1/4 shot as you'll get carrickmacross @ 1/6 another example of top half senior side in inter good bet too @ 1/6

Galway - I have heard Claregalway are the standout team in the championship but are outsiders against Shane walshs team any opinions on that game?

The Walshes team Tullaroan have been steam rolling teams in the Kilkenny championship and only lost by 1pt to champions last year 4/7 looks big there

Another one any opinions on the Mayo intermediate games difference of opinion with the bookies there

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Galway - I have heard Claregalway are the standout team in the championship but are outsiders against Shane walshs team any opinions on that game?

The Walshes team Tullaroan have been steam rolling teams in the Kilkenny championship and only lost by 1pt to champions last year 4/7 looks big there

Another one any opinions on the Mayo intermediate games difference of opinion with the bookies there

On Tullaroan, they're playing St Pats who have come very close to winning the grade several times in the past couple of years and have a very good team. I wouldn't be overly tempted by 4/7 for Tullaroan, in fact 13/8 for St Pats looks good value to me. I would say it's a 50-50 game.

Four Roads not big @ 10/11 is not like Kilkenny under Cody they just win

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Could you explain this better?

hurler97 wrote: »
    Could you explain this better?

They have won 7 of the last 8 championships and their form this year is good

What?

Put on what I thought was a straight forward accumulator for the weekend and it goes bust at the first hurdle with 1/8 shots Breaffy losing to Claremorris. Also had Ballintubber (2/9) and they could only draw with Hollymount Carramore.

Carrickmacross (1/6), Kilmaley (1/7) and Thurles Sarsfields (2/7) all out tomorrow made up the bet. Any suggestions who I could throw in with these so I can try and salvage something!

• Advertisement

Oranmore were 1/20 in Galway Intermediate hurling today and drew.

djPSB wrote: »
    Oranmore were 1/20 in Galway Intermediate hurling today and drew.

Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Put on what I thought was a straight forward accumulator for the weekend and it goes bust at the first hurdle with 1/8 shots Breaffy losing to Claremorris. Also had Ballintubber (2/9) and they could only draw with Hollymount Carramore.

Carrickmacross (1/6), Kilmaley (1/7) and Thurles Sarsfields (2/7) all out tomorrow made up the bet. Any suggestions who I could throw in with these so I can try and salvage something!

I'd say back the opposition in singles at the rate you're going!! Ha ha

Only messing, Na Piarsaigh in cork are a nice price at evens I think anyway.

pablo24 wrote: »
    I'd say back the opposition in singles at the rate you're going!! Ha ha

Yes I may as well throw the hat at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

ballyduff 5/4 in Kerry today. good record in finals especially against lixnaw and they blew defending champs kilmoyley away in the second half of county semi final.

pablo24 wrote:

I'd be betting big on piarsiag in this one, but Joe Larkin is referring. Absolute disaster of a ref, anything can happen with that fella in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Where's the best place to track scores live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Where's the best place to track scores live?

Twitter

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Na Piarsaigh beaten. Accumalator down at the first hurdle

• Advertisement

Good win for Pearses against Four Roads in the Roscommon Hurling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement