Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Business end of the county championships is not the time for accumalator betting. County finals are never won easy and some of bookie odds are crazy, 20 to 1 on in a county final??? Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

By all accounts Rhode should beat Clara in the Offaly football next weekend?

djPSB wrote: »
    By all accounts Rhode should beat Clara in the Offaly football next weekend?

Yes you can count on Rhode next weekend. I can't see them slipping up against Clara. Their selector Jack Cooney has a decision to make. He.is manager of Kinnegad who play St Lomans in the Westmeath semi final at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

People shouldn't be doing accumulators if they are going to get scared when they have the bookmaker by the short and curlies.

The whole point of an accumulator is to multiply your edge. If you are just going to chicken out and give the edge back when you get it right you should pack it in. The bookie is never going to close your account anyway that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Obviously, what I'm saying specifically is 'let it ride'.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Ballylinan , Laois SFC Final , big price ! What do Laois people here think ?

Ballylinan , Laois SFC Final , big price ! What do Laois people here think ?

I give them little chance, would not touch them

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Whiteshorts1

I'd say Slaughtneil are a bet Ryan Johnston is definitely out I see pp are 8/11 seems generous considering kilcoo s best player is out boyles are 1/2

Any thoughts on the intermediate and junior club football and hurling championships?

First round games on this weekend in Leinster and Ulster:

Leinster club JHC first round
    Erin's Isle (Dublin) v Maynooth (Kildare)
    Naomh Brid (Carlow) v Arklow Rocks (Wicklow)
    Fr Daltons (Westmeath) v Naomh Moninne (Louth)
    Wolfe Tones (Longford) v Navan O'Mahonys (Meath)

Ulster club IFC first round
    Shercock (Cavan) v Newbridge (Derry)

Ulster club JFC first round
    Ballymachugh (Cavan) v Patrick Sarsfields (Antrim)

• Advertisement

If Ballylinan can put the shackles on Paul Cahillane and Brian McCormack then they have a very good chance but don't think they have the defenders to do just that.

5/1 seems a bit big on Clooney Quin in Clare hurling final?

djPSB wrote: »
    5/1 seems a bit big on Clooney Quin in Clare hurling final?

Draw match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Ballintubber are evs to win the county title on Sunday.

They demolished Claremorris in the semi.

Castlebar played Garrymore in the other semi fimal at the weekend and couldn't be separated! They go again tonight!

Mitchels don't look as strong as previous years and their bench isn't what it used to be.

The Tubber, as much as it kills me, are flying. Yes, they drew with Holly/Carra, but they're in their best shape for a long, long time!

Evs is to lift the cup. I'll be on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

80s Child wrote: »

Castlebar played Garrymore in the other semi fimal at the weekend and couldn't be separated! They go again tonight!

Mitchels don't look as strong as previous years and their bench isn't what it used to be.

The Tubber, as much as it kills me, are flying. Yes, they drew with Holly/Carra, but they're in their best shape for a long, long time!

Castlebar vs Garrymore - who do you think will win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Would you be tempted by 25s on Ballintubber for the All-Ireland?

Danick wrote: »
    Castlebar vs Garrymore - who do you think will win?

In these situations, the smaller side invariably loses to the bigger. There's a mountain of evidence for this.

From that, it has to be Mitchels. At 1/5, I won't go near it.

Would you be tempted by 25s on Ballintubber for the All-Ireland?

I don't think they have the panel.

Anyone from Kilkenny on here what are mullinavat like

Mullinavat footballers

• Advertisement

I don't think they have the panel.

Get on Ballymun Kickems for club all ireland. Currently 6 or 7 to 1. I am on them from ages ago at 11 to 1. They are a serious outfit and will dispatch St. Vincent's in county final in my opinion.

Get on Ballymun Kickems for club all ireland. Currently 6 or 7 to 1. I am on them from ages ago at 11 to 1. They are a serious outfit and will dispatch St. Vincent's in county final in my opinion.

Are the smells definitely fit for final?

Kilmaley @1/2 to beat Murroe Boher in the Munster club IHC quarter-final on Sunday?

Kilmaley at home in Cusack Park and rated as the "4th best team in Clare" on this thread a few weeks ago before their 2-20 to 0-11 county final win over Tubber. They make a quick a return to the senior ranks after suffering a surprise relegation last year. They go in fresh but not sure if they have many lads playing football, I know the Clearys line out for Miltown Malbay.

Limerick champions Murroe Boher won their county final after a replay last night when beating Garryspillane by 1-21 to 1-15 and have just three days to prepare for their provincial opener. The replay win came just over 72 hours after the drawn game Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

Mayo county final on Sunday...Ballintubber at 13/8 against a Castlebar side that played Tues night; seems like generous odds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Mayo county final on Sunday...Ballintubber at 13/8 against a Castlebar side that played Tues night; seems like generous odds?

It was actually Wednesday if that helps your case... prob is decent odds as tight game expected... maybe go Evs to lift cup as an earlier poster suggested...I’ll be on the draw myself

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Kilmaley @1/2 to beat Murroe Boher in the Munster club IHC quarter-final on Sunday?

Kilmaley at home in Cusack Park and rated as the "4th best team in Clare" on this thread a few weeks ago before their 2-20 to 0-11 county final win over Tubber. They make a quick a return to the senior ranks after suffering a surprise relegation last year. They go in fresh but not sure if they have many lads playing football, I know the Clearys line out for Miltown Malbay.

Limerick champions Murroe Boher won their county final after a replay last night when beating Garryspillane by 1-21 to 1-15 and have just three days to prepare for their provincial opener. The replay win came just over 72 hours after the drawn game Sunday.

Price long gone

Louth champions Glen Emmets might be a bit of value at 5/4 to beat Meath Hill in the Leinster club JFC. Emmets upset the odds to defeat Glyde Rangers in the Louth final but they are an experienced outfit having played in five county JFC final since 2011. They also have a game under their belt in the provincial series after beating Kilkenny intermediates Conahy Shamrocks by 14 points in the first round. Former Louth target man Conor Grimes is a big loss for them after he departed to New Zealand last year.

The Meath champions have a good record in this competition and this may be the reason for Meath Hill being favourites at 8/11. They won their first county title in nearly 40 years when comfortably beating Moylagh by 1-12 to 0-9.

The game is on in Drogheda tomorrow.

Anyone have insight on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Have Dr. Crokes to finish off an accu - should I let it run or cash in? Will the win the county final? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Danick wrote: »
    Have Dr. Crokes to finish off an accu - should I let it run or cash in? Will the win the county final? Thanks

A friend of mine put it well regarding cashing out. Let's say you can cash out for €200 now, it's like putting €200 on Dr. Crokes for a straight win. It put things in perspective for me.The question to ask yourself is would you put the cash out total on Dr. Crokes for a straight win?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Louth champions Glen Emmets might be a bit of value at 5/4 to beat Meath Hill in the Leinster club JFC. Emmets upset the odds to defeat Glyde Rangers in the Louth final but they are an experienced outfit having played in five county JFC final since 2011. They also have a game under their belt in the provincial series after beating Kilkenny intermediates Conahy Shamrocks by 14 points in the first round. Former Louth target man Conor Grimes is a big loss for them after he departed to New Zealand last year.

The Meath champions have a good record in this competition and this may be the reason for Meath Hill being favourites at 8/11. They won their first county title in nearly 40 years when comfortably beating Moylagh by 1-12 to 0-9.

The game is on in Drogheda tomorrow.

Anyone have insight on this one?
    Meath Hill would probably be Meath's weakest junior champions for a few years (compared to Bective and Curraha who won the last two). They've a decent midfield and full forward line but they wouldn't be massively strong and I'd expect them to struggle in Intermediate next year.
    Also, a lot depends on the celebrations the Hill have had since the final win. As you said, it was their first win in nearly 40 years so there'd have to be some sort of a hangover.
    Going in their favour is the fact that they've been plying their trade with senior and intermediate clubs in division 2 of the league for the last two years so they have had experience against quality teams.

Hard to call. I know nothing about Glen Emmets but they've already shaken off the cobwebs with a facile win over the Kilkenny team in round 1 so I'd say they're a good bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement