Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

Meath Hill would probably be Meath's weakest junior champions for a few years (compared to Bective and Curraha who won the last two). They've a decent midfield and full forward line but they wouldn't be massively strong and I'd expect them to struggle in Intermediate next year.
    Also, a lot depends on the celebrations the Hill have had since the final win. As you said, it was their first win in nearly 40 years so there'd have to be some sort of a hangover.
    Going in their favour is the fact that they've been plying their trade with senior and intermediate clubs in division 2 of the league for the last two years so they have had experience against quality teams.

Hard to call. I know nothing about Glen Emmets but they've already shaken off the cobwebs with a facile win over the Kilkenny team in round 1 so I'd say they're a good bet.

I would agree with the above...I have seen a good bit of junior football in Meath over the last few years and Meath Hill wouldn't be as strong as previous winners and they looked vulnerable enough in the Junior Final despite a six point winning margin. I know nothing about Glen Emmets either but i reckon if they are a solid side then home advantage could help swing it their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Danick wrote: »
    Have Dr. Crokes to finish off an accu - should I let it run or cash in? Will the win the county final? Thanks

Crokes should win, but are carrying one or two injuries to important players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Meath Hill win by 3 so the favourite tag was obviously justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Apologies gents. Castlebar by 2. Cillian sent off after 55min.
    Mitchels got their match ups right. Cillian, Dillon and DOC all kept very quiet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

Anyone on here any thoughts on the Westmeath SFC next weekend. Tyrellpass 7/2 with boylesports. Scoreline from their semi win looked very impressive kicking 21 points. 7/2 seem generous odds to lift the cup. Are they worth a bet to stop Lomans completing the 3 in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just looking at that too. Lomans no doubting are rightly favourites but it's been a funny year for results.conditions could play a part.purely because of price im going to throw a few quid on tpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

I stayed clear of Glen Emmets after but 2/5 shots Kilmaley backed into 1/6 brought down my accumulator! They beat Murroe Boher after extra time but no good to me.

Some early money for Derygonnelly in the Ulster club this weekend. 9/2 into 11/4 to beat Armagh Harps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Some early money for Derygonnelly in the Ulster club this weekend. 9/2 into 11/4 to beat Armagh Harps.

...and they oblige!

The Fermanagh champions got a couple of early goals which saw them over the line. They now face Cavan Gaels in the semi-final. Both teams will fancy their chances of making the final.

What's sticking out for this weekend?

• Advertisement

Na Piarsaigh should be too strong for Blackrock. Ballygunner have been in action the last 3 (?) weeks in a row, but they should have too much for Sixmilebridge.

Yea I say Na Piarsaigh are near certainties to beat Blackrock even without Shane Dowling who is injured. The Sixmilebridge game will be Ballygunner's ninth game in nine weeks!

What you think of the Leinster quarter-finals? Kilcormac Killoughey v Castletown Geoghegan, Camross v Mount Leinster Rangers and Cuala v Dicksboro?

K/K are very much underpriced for me at 2/9 (PP) against Castletown Geoghegan.

Yea I say Na Piarsaigh are near certainties to beat Blackrock even without Shane Dowling who is injured. The Sixmilebridge game will be Ballygunner's ninth game in nine weeks!

What you think of the Leinster quarter-finals? Kilcormac Killoughey v Castletown Geoghegan, Camross v Mount Leinster Rangers and Cuala v Dicksboro?

K/K are very much underpriced for me at 2/9 (PP) against Castletown Geoghegan.

Na Piarsaigh since gone 1/6 I see. Don't really have an opinion on any of the Leinster games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Cuala, BallyGunner and Na Piarsaigh treble @ 6/4 looks good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Anyone know much about Camross I though MLR looked a great price at 11/10

Camross have been winning all around them in Laois this year (league and championship double and minor champ). Ex county Zane Keenan is their main man up front but Laois defender Dwane Palmer is a big a loss for them. He broke his leg in a challenge game against Portumna since the championship final. Hard one to call.

I seen that Castletown Geoghegan are missing their captain Aonghus Clarke and fellow county man Mick Heeney this weekend. This may explain the short odds for Kilcormac Killoughey. There was just two points between Castletown and Mount Leinster Rangers when they met in 2013 but KK should take them.

Tooreen might be good value at 7/4 to beat Ballinderreen in the Connacht intermediate hurling final.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Whiteshorts1

Ballymote were 9/4'to beat Kilglass well holy fook.... The boys in powers must have been smoking some serious sh@t! I'd say the 4/6 is still massive how was that missed

Wicklow senior champions Glenealy and Wexford intermediate champions St Mogue's double in Dublin today pays nearly 5/2.

Wicklow champions Glenealy playing the third grade winners in the capital and St Mogue's playing the fourth grade winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

CapsLock20 wrote:
    Wicklow senior champions Glenealy and Wexford intermediate champions St Mogue's double in Dublin today pays nearly 5/2.

CapsLock20 wrote:
    Wicklow champions Glenealy playing the third grade winners in the capital and St Mogue's playing the fourth grade winners.

Sickened I didn't see this earlier, deadly tip

• Advertisement

hurler97 wrote: »
    Sickened I didn't see this earlier, deadly tip

Wasn't pretty with Glenealy trailing Thomas Davis 2-10 to 0-10 with 5 minutes of normal time remaining but they got over the line after 10 mins of injury time!

Tooreen might be worth a shot in the Connacht intermediate hurling final. They were 2/1 earlier in the week, now 6/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Wasn't pretty with Glenealy trailing Thomas Davis 2-10 to 0-10 with 5 minutes of normal time remaining but they got over the line after 10 mins of injury time!

Tooreen might be worth a shot in the Connacht intermediate hurling final. They were 2/1 earlier in the week, now 6/4.

Tooreen won

Great win for Tooreen. They are the first team from Mayo to win a Connacht intermediate hurling title.

Hoping to get a decent price on Fermanagh champions Belnaleck in the Ulster junior semi-final against Doire Trasna on Sunday. Belnaleck may be too strong for this level with up to four players with inter county experience in 2017 including the Cullen twins, Che and Lee, Ciaran McBrien and Kane Connor. Connor missed their provincial opener against Down's Dundrum having been sent off in the county final but returns this weekend.

Meanwhile, Derry champions Doire Transa were only formed in 2001 and appear to have no household names but will be no pushovers having played intermediate in recent years.

No odds on the Ulster club JFC semi-finals up on Paddy Power website yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

danganabu wrote: »
    Cuala, BallyGunner and Na Piarsaigh treble @ 6/4 looks good to me.

Gunner made me sweat a little but have a nice bank to go to war this weekend so wheres the value??

Anyone with insight into the Munster club IFC semi-final between Limerick's St Senan's and Kilmihil of Clare?

I seen at lunch time this morning St Senan's were 1/3 and Kilmihil 5/2. St Senan's now 8/11, Kilmihil 5/4.

Clare champions have probably faired better than the Limerick champions at this grade over the years. Last year Adare were only the second team from Limerick to make final after St Senan's (2003). Clare reps have a decent enough record of making finals. I know both these side's are a while trying to win the intermediate in their county with St Senan's losing out to 2017 SFC winners Adare at the final stage last year and Kilmihil losing three finals in recent years.

Noticed a bit of a shift in the odds for the Leinster club IFC semi-final between Killanerin (4/6 from 1/3) and St Mary's Rochfortbridge (6/4 from 5/2).

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Anyone with insight into the Munster club IFC semi-final between Limerick's St Senan's and Kilmihil of Clare?

I seen at lunch time this morning St Senan's were 1/3 and Kilmihil 5/2. St Senan's now 8/11, Kilmihil 5/4.

Clare champions have probably faired better than the Limerick champions at this grade over the years. Last year Adare were only the second team from Limerick to make final after St Senan's (2003). Clare reps have a decent enough record of making finals. I know both these side's are a while trying to win the intermediate in their county with St Senan's losing out to 2017 SFC winners Adare at the final stage last year and Kilmihil losing three finals in recent years.

Senan's are flaky at the best of times. Some decent talent there but have a reputation for imploding just when they get a bit of momentum. I wouldn't be touching them anyway.

Just my two cents, watch them win the thing now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Belnaleck are 11/10 with PP caps lock

• Advertisement

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Belnaleck are 11/10 with PP caps lock

Took 11/10. Here's hoping they're the first team from Fermanagh to qualify for the Ulster club JFC final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement