Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I
    On another note , what upsets do everyone fancy in the qualifiers? I'm on Carlow to beat Laois. I believe Westmeath complimented Laois a bit too much in the last match (considering I've seen u14s defend better). I'll take Carlow for that game. The bookies don't want to seem to acknowledge that they aren't just getting lucky (odds-wise anyway)
    Don't forget Laois beat them twice in the league this year and looked fairly comfortable in the final Iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Armagh wouldn't be the most reliable, staying away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Limerick -2 versus Waterford @ evens (Betfair). Limerick playing well and Waterford playing for the third week in a row and missing a good few players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Limerick -2 versus Waterford @ evens (Betfair). Limerick playing well and Waterford playing for the third week in a row and missing a good few players.

Limerick missing Gillane, Waterford have Moran coming back plus Mahony and Gleeson only have the 1 game under their belt which will do them good. Really Waterford are now only missing the Bennets (gone for summer), Coughlan (C Gleeson actually looked miles better) and Tadhg de Burca who, while a top player, seems replaceable given they beat Cork in the AI semi without him and drew with Tipp. Apparently Darragh Fives and Shanahan are back so Waterford have a bit more depth on the bench than they had against Tipp. If Hannon was missing I’d 100% favour Waterford but he’s fit.

I wouldn’t like to call it one way or another, you’d give Limerick the edge with home advantage but I don’t think they’ve beaten Waterford for a good 10 years in championship so I won’t be putting any money down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Clare standout bet for me this weekend @ 7-4, they are after a week off and played well against Waterford, Tipp on 4th week in a row and not playing well. Can see Clare forwards racking up a big score in Thurles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Warper wrote: »
    Clare standout bet for me this weekend @ 7-4, they are after a week off and played well against Waterford, Tipp on 4th week in a row and not playing well. Can see Clare forwards racking up a big score in Thurles.

Great price for clare, I'd make clare clear favourites for this one. Tipp are in serious trouble.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    +1.68 today, +9.9 for 2018.

Recommendations 9/6/18

Tyrone to win and both teams to score a goal (Meath vs Tyrone)
    1pt 15-8 Ladbrokes

Over 32.5 points (Meath vs Tyrone)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Over 34.5 points (Wicklow vs Cavan)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Over 2.5 goals (Wicklow vs Cavan)
    3pts 6-4 Paddy Power

Armagh under 19.5 points (Westmeath vs Armagh)
    3pts 4-6 BoyleSports

Under 34.5 total points (Westmeath vs Armagh)
    2pts 10-11 BoyleSports

Kildare -1 (Derry vs Kildare)
    2pts 6-5 BoyleSports

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Diesel Weasel

Derry will beat Kildare today. Odds for that game are very generous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Galway have named a fairly strong side today.
    Rushe and Keaney out for the Dubs.
    hard game to call in terms of the handicap with neither having anything to play for although you would imagine Galway at home will be anxious to keep up the tempo of their good form.
    Wonder will they cover the handicap of 8 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Derry will beat Kildare today. Odds for that game are very generous.

2.46 on matchbook good bit on top of 13/10 with books, 2.46 with the strange comm 2.4+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Anyone have Waterford ? Unknowing the game was started I had Wexford In an accum placed just before 2pm unknowing it was a 1.30 throw in , Theyv loser on them but I wonder would u have been paid had u taken Waterford at ten mins to 2 when the game was well into the 1st half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

seanhynes wrote: »
    Anyone have Waterford ? Unknowing the game was started I had Wexford In an accum placed just before 2pm unknowing it was a 1.30 throw in , Theyv loser on them but I wonder would u have been paid had u taken Waterford at ten mins to 2 when the game was well into the 1st half

Waterford had scored two goals by that stage as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Just got a message bets been made void,was thinking i doubt had u done waterford at that stage that they would pay on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

ceiphas50 wrote: »
    Armagh - 2 vs westmeath 11/10 PP but Boyles have it - 3 at 5/6

Good shout

Recommendations 9/6/18

Tyrone to win and both teams to score a goal (Meath vs Tyrone)
    1pt 15-8 Ladbrokes -1

Over 32.5 points (Meath vs Tyrone)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power -3

Over 34.5 points (Wicklow vs Cavan)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power -3

Over 2.5 goals (Wicklow vs Cavan)
    3pts 6-4 Paddy Power +4.5

Armagh under 19.5 points (Westmeath vs Armagh)
    3pts 4-6 BoyleSports -3

Under 34.5 total points (Westmeath vs Armagh)
    2pts 10-11 BoyleSports -2

Kildare -1 (Derry vs Kildare)
    2pts 6-5 BoyleSports +2.40

-6.10 today, +3.80 for 2018. Fairly paltry.

10/6/18 Recommendations

Under 46.5 points (Dublin vs Longford)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power

P Mannion man of the match (Dublin vs Longford)
    1pt 10-1 Betfair, Paddy Power

Laois -1 (Laois vs Carlow)
    2pts Evs bet365

Over Laois 1.5 goals (Laois vs Carlow)
    2pts 9-4 Ladbrokes

Down to lead at half-time (Down vs Donegal)
    1pt 11-4 general

10/6/18 Recommendations

Under 46.5 points (Dublin vs Longford)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power +2.5

P Mannion man of the match (Dublin vs Longford)
    1pt 10-1 Betfair, Paddy Power -1

Laois -1 (Laois vs Carlow)
    2pts Evs bet365 +2

Over Laois 1.5 goals (Laois vs Carlow)
    2pts 9-4 Ladbrokes -2

Down to lead at half-time (Down vs Donegal)
    1pt 11-4 general -1

+0.5 today, +4.30 for 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Looking at the qualifier draw. Gone on Louth to beat Leitrim at 3/4 with ladbrooks. Leitrim are woejus, went 30 something minutes not scoring against roscommon and are very limited by their pick of players who want to commit to county football, Louth are a middling division 3 team (that's their level currently). Saw off London handy. Get on that before the odds drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ceiphas50

Louth only had 9 training week before London match ...Got two goals before HT that changed the game 2 I taught but it's amazing what a win does but i think it will be a close 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Louth are limited but Leitrim were beyond useless vs Roscommon. Ros weren't particularly good that day either,didn't get out of first gear and still won by 14.

I heard the stuff about 9 at training before I posted Re. getting on Louth. I took that into account and still think they offer value against Leitrim. The FBD team Leitrim put out against roscommon was the worst Leitrim team I've ever seen named. Come championship it didn't change too much.

• Advertisement

Brian Stack Ross half back scored a goal in last year's game is 3/1 with Boyles to score over 0.5
    It's 5/6 with PP

Same with Cathal Compton to score 5/2 and its 6/5 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I smell free real estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

I’m a galway man and while I’m hopeful they win Sunday I can’t believe Roscommon are 3 to 1 at home in Hyde park . They beat Galway well in Connacht final last year and will give them plenty of it Sunday . Personally think both teams have better forwards then backs and if they both go for it could be a cracker . Hope they do .

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

ceiphas50 wrote: »
    Brian Stack Ross half back scored a goal in last year's game is 3/1 with Boyles to score over 0.5
    It's 5/6 with PP
    Good spot. Word of warning though, if you are backing these online then you are just accelerating the closure of your account but putting on a public forum.  Especially with Boils.

+0.5 today, +4.30 for 2018.

17/6 Jennings Recommendations:

Roscommon -1 (vs Galway)
    2pts 4-1 Betfair, BoyleSports, Paddy Power

Roscommon to win by four, five or six points (vs Galway)
    1pt 11-1 BoyleSports

Money on Ros +5 @1/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

While there is the chance roscommon could Implode ...the 3/1 odds to beat Galway are farcical ...roscommons forwards and those on the bench are better than galways so anything approaching parity of posession and I d fancy Roscommon .

Added to that is the fact that most of the talk is about a Galway team that is vastly over rated its definitly a max bet for me with a small saver on the draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

While there is the chance roscommon could Implode ...the 3/1 odds to beat Galway are farcical ...roscommons forwards and those on the bench are better than galways so anything approaching parity of posession and I d fancy Roscommon .

Added to that is the fact that most of the talk is about a Galway team that is vastly over rated its definitly a max bet for me with a small saver on the draw

I think they have a very good chance of beating them have Rossies France double on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Conditions look poor from the studio.
    Under 34.5 in Galway game at 5/6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement