Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Boylesports have enhanced Kilkenny, Cork, Galway & Clare to all score a goal from 11/10 to 7/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Am looking at the Cork-Tipp 21 munster final on Wednesday and wondering why Cork should be such strong 8/13 favs. They enjoy home advantage, are undoubtedly a good team with a sprinkling of senior regulars, but that isn't enough to justify such a short price imo. Plus, the likes of Coleman, Fitzgibbon and Kingston have only a few days to recover from what was I'd imagine an energy sapping Munster senior final.

From what i've seen this is an above average Tipp crop. This is basically the All Ireland winning 2016 team making the step up. They generally had the measure of this Cork side back then as well as most other teams. That they havent had many make the senior breakthrough yet - though Jake Morris made a very favourable impression in the Munster championship - I'm inclined to put down to the whims of the senior management who have probably been too loyal to a few older stagers. It's still probably an even money match, i'd have Tipp slight favs anyway, so I believe the 13/8 on offer for Tipp is a value price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Am looking at the Cork-Tipp 21 munster final on Wednesday and wondering why Cork should be such strong 8/13 favs. They enjoy home advantage, are undoubtedly a good team with a sprinkling of senior regulars, but that isn't enough to justify such a short price imo. Plus, the likes of Coleman, Fitzgibbon and Kingston have only a few days to recover from what was I'd imagine an energy sapping Munster senior final.

From what i've seen this is an above average Tipp crop. This is basically the All Ireland winning 2016 team making the step up. They generally had the measure of this Cork side back then as well as most other teams. That they havent had many make the senior breakthrough yet - though Jake Morris made a very favourable impression in the Munster championship - I'm inclined to put down to the whims of the senior management who have probably been too loyal to a few older stagers. It's still probably an even money match, i'd have Tipp slight favs anyway, so I believe the 13/8 on offer for Tipp is a value price.

I think it's a real 50 50 game that you couldn't call. Coleman and Fitzgibbon are probably the two best players playing u21 at the moment but as you said they have played a big match on Sunday. They have some other really good players with 7 being on the Cork senior panel. But its been shown previously that having a lot of senior players can actually be a negative.

I think Tipperary's biggest positive is that the management were over this team at minor for three years and have proven success with them, just losing one all Ireland final and winning another. The negative is that the match is on in Cork and that a lot of their players (12 of the starting team) are actually u20 so would be better next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Tipp are 13/8 is basically free money.

jonnybravo wrote: »
    I think it's a real 50 50 game that you couldn't call. Coleman and Fitzgibbon are probably the two best players playing u21 at the moment but as you said they have played a big match on Sunday. They have some other really good players with 7 being on the Cork senior panel. But its been shown previously that having a lot of senior players can actually be a negative.

I think Tipperary's biggest positive is that the management were over this team at minor for three years and have proven success with them, just losing one all Ireland final and winning another. The negative is that the match is on in Cork and that a lot of their players (12 of the starting team) are actually u20 so would be better next year.

I would have thought it might be a year too soon for this Tipp team until I saw the Limerick match. Not as good a Limerick bunch as previous year but still mightily impressive showing to blow them off the field. I was thinking Tipp 5/6 or 10/11 at worst so was suprised to see them as big as 13/8.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Orizio wrote: »

And yet this phrase comes back to bite more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Agreed. They are certainly not 'free' anything, but would agree with the other two posters. Figured Tipp would be closer to the even money mark so worth a bet at the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Orizio wrote: »

Lol

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Cork lead from start to finish and won by about 13.

I keep saying it, no such thing as 'free money'.

Hmmm, that went well last night! Feared the worst from the missed penalty...not at the races at all. Spectacularly wrong call it has to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Hmmm, that went well last night! Feared the worst from the missed penalty...not at the races at all. Spectacularly wrong call it has to be said.

In fairness, it was an honest and genuine opinion unlike the other poster with the "free money" nonsense.
    That's someone trying to move the market in their favor and should always be ignored.

robbiezero wrote: »
    In fairness, it was an honest and genuine opinion unlike the other poster with the "free money" nonsense

We've all gotten opinions wrong. To me it's how you express it that's important.

What are peoples thoughts on the u20 tomorrow night between Dubs and Kildare?
    At minor 2 years ago, Kildare and Meath appeared to be fairly well matched and well ahead of the Dubs and the results in the group stages would indicate that there still is not much between Kildare and Meath. Hard to get a form line with the Dubs who as would have been expected have comfortably enough won their group.

Kildare are 2/1 in places with handicap of +2. Might be value although hard to back against the Dubs at any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

What are peoples thoughts on the u20 tomorrow night between Dubs and Kildare?
    At minor 2 years ago, Kildare and Meath appeared to be fairly well matched and well ahead of the Dubs and the results in the group stages would indicate that there still is not much between Kildare and Meath. Hard to get a form line with the Dubs who as would have been expected have comfortably enough won their group.

Kildare are 2/1 in places with handicap of +2. Might be value although hard to back against the Dubs at any level.

It's hard to know with this one. Meath were backed from 15/8 into 6/4 against Dublin last weekend. They were fancied to take the Dubs in Pairc Tailteann especially after beating them by 10 points two years ago. But I was told that Dublin have only 7 or 8 of their 2016 minors with this U20 squad. Tom Keane, Sean Bugler and Ross McGarry to name but a few. I would expect it to be a high scoring game and over 34.5 points is worth a go in a double with France at Evens to beat Uruguay!

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    It's hard to know with this one. Meath were backed from 15/8 into 6/4 against Dublin last weekend. They were fancied to take the Dubs in Pairc Tailteann especially after beating them by 10 points two years ago. But I was told that Dublin have only 7 or 8 of their 2016 minors with this U20 squad. Tom Keane, Sean Bugler and Ross McGarry to name but a few. I would expect it to be a high scoring game and over 34.5 points is worth a go in a double with France at Evens to beat Uruguay!

Cheers. Will leave it alone. Have had a go at over 32.5 already with Boyles. Seems quite low giving the scoring rates or previous games.

Cheers. Will leave it alone. Have had a go at over 32.5 already with Boyles. Seems quite low giving the scoring rates or previous games.

Yea I expected the handicap to be in the high 30's but 32.5 looks a nice bet with Boyles.

Here's their results so far, impressive scoring from both sides:

Round 1
    Kildare 1-17 Laois 4-6
    Dublin 2-21 Longford 0-11

Round 2
    Kildare 1-13 Meath 2-11
    Dublin 2-16 Westmeath 1-13

Round 3
    Kildare 3-17 Wicklow 0-4
    Dublin 1-15 Wexford 0-11

Quarter final
    Kildare 4-19 Carlow 0-8
    Dublin bye

Semi final
    Kildare 3-14 Offaly 2-5
    Dublin 4-16 Meath 2-10

Thats that fecked. Kildare are a good side, Dubs are dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    -2.26 today, -0.96 for 2018.

Jennings 7/7 Recommendations

Roscommon -1 (vs Armagh)
    5pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power (This price does not exist at the time of print, but 10/11 available with Betwasteoftime)

Roscommon -5 (vs Armagh)
    2pts 11-4 Betfair, Paddy Power

Roscommon -2 on first-half handicap (vs Armagh)
    2pts 13-8 Betfair, Paddy Power

Four or more goals (Cork vs Tyrone)
    1pt 4-1 Ladbrokes

Kildare -2 (Kildare vs Fermanagh)
    3pts 10-11 Betfair, Paddy Power

Fermanagh under 15.5 points (Kildare vs Fermanagh)
    3pts 8-11 Paddy Power

-0.96 for 2018. Outright Selections are here. I haven't updated the P/L to reflect outright selections as of yet, but he's currently -6.5 on those outrights alone as it stands. I'll update the outrights at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

Roscommon -1 (vs Armagh)
    5pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power (This price does not exist at the time of print, but 10/11 available with Betwasteoftime)

Roscommon -5 (vs Armagh)
    2pts 11-4 Betfair, Paddy Power

2pts 13-8 Betfair, Paddy Power

1pt 4-1 Ladbrokes

3pts 10-11 Betfair, Paddy Power

3pts 8-11 Paddy Power

-0.96 for 2018. Outright Selections are here. I haven't updated the P/L to reflect outright selections as of yet, but he's currently -6.5 on those outrights alone as it stands. I'll update the outrights at the end of the season.

Looks like it will be Avery good day for him today and was a bit unlucky not to have clean sweep!

Roscommon -1 (vs Armagh)
    5pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power (This price does not exist at the time of print, but 10/11 available with Betwasteoftime) +4.17

Roscommon -5 (vs Armagh)
    2pts 11-4 Betfair, Paddy Power +5.50

2pts 13-8 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

1pt 4-1 Ladbrokes -1

3pts 10-11 Betfair, Paddy Power +2.73

3pts 8-11 Paddy Power -3

+6.4 today, +5.44 2018 for 2018.

08/07 Recommendations

Laois to lead at half-time
    1pt 7-2 Betfair, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Laois-draw double result
    0.5pt 40-1 Paddy Power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Thoughts on Limerick at evens against Kilkenny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

langer91 wrote: »
    Thoughts on Limerick at evens against Kilkenny?

Going on the 3 weeks in a row is hard to perform you would have to fancy limerick .they have been a lot more impressive then kk overall in championship bar the Clare game which was the one game limerick were out 3 weeks in a row . Having said all that I would think at this moment in time limerick
    Are a better team then kk so overall I be happy to take evens

08/07 Recommendations

Laois to lead at half-time
    1pt 7-2 Betfair, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power -1

Laois-draw double result
    0.5pt 40-1 Paddy Power -0.5

-1.5 today, +3.94 for 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Put a bit on Paul Geaney for FOTY @ 7/1 today. Had previously backed Comer, McBrearty and Kevin McLoughlin, although sadly I think we can rule out the latter two. Super 8s should give the cream the opportunity to rise so hopefully these two guys will be clearly the standout players for their counties at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Anyone backing against the four Provincial Winners to make semis?

Tyrone 6/5
    Monaghan 11/8
    Kildare 11/4
    Roscommon 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Who takes the penalties for the Limerick hurlers?

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Who takes the penalties for the Limerick hurlers?

Aaron Gillane I think. He took one or two during the league.

Roscommon at 5/2
    Donegal at 11/2
    Kildare at 13/8
    Galway at 3/1

Back the underdogs this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Aaron Gillane I think. He took one or two during the league.

Thanks, Boyle's have Byrnes anytime goal at 16s, might have taken a punt if he was on them.

• Advertisement

Anyone know much about the Mayo U20's? They're playing Derry in Carrick on Shannon this afternoon. This crop of Mayo players never won a Connacht minor title while Derry have been in the last three or four Ulster minor finals, winning twice and made it as far as the All Ireland final last year.

Derry beat a highly rated Donegal team, then Down and Armagh to win the Ulster U20 title.

Mayo have had it easier by beating Leitrim, then Roscommon but on convincing scorelines.

8/11 for Derry just to win might be a solid bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement