Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Not sure if it's common knowledge but the Wicklow final replay is set for Saturday week with the first round of Leinster 24 hours later so rhode could be value

Wasn't aware of that. Assumed the first round of Leinster was the following week.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Scotstown Ulster sfc
    Ballygunner Munster shc
    Small nipple a 12/1

Breaffy ht/ft 3/1
    Castlehaven ht/ft 15/8
    Small nibble

Last
    Kinvara 1/1
    Gort 3/10
    Loughrea 5/6
    Sarsfields 10/11

Dublin v underdogs 2mo tg4!

Mayo 2/1 for connacht sfc 2019 with boylesports...only 11/8 wi pp
    Il be taking the 2/1 looks a nice bet barring injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Mayo 2/1 for connacht sfc 2019 with boylesports...only 11/8 wi pp
    Il be taking the 2/1 looks a nice bet barring injuries
    Would have been a loser last 3 years . Will have to beat Roscommon and Galway . Price Probaly about right . Will def need 3 or 4 players to freshen up imo. Time waits for nobody and I think at least 3 or 4 of these Mayo players best days are behind them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

spurshero wrote: »
    Would have been a loser last 3 years . Will have to beat Roscommon and Galway . Price Probaly about right . Will def need 3 or 4 players to freshen up imo. Time waits for nobody and I think at least 3 or 4 of these Mayo players best days are behind them .

Over 12 of the Roscommon team walked when macstay went so only Galway to beat def a good bet going on mayo for Connaught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

naughto wrote: »
    spurshero wrote: »

Over 12 of the Roscommon team walked when macstay went so only Galway to beat def a good bet going on mayo for Connaught
    Was not aware of that’s . It’s a very fair price then . And on law of averages there due a win over Galway !

Cratloe ht/ft 2/1 Boylesports reckon they'll have too much for ballyea 2mo...

Cratloe by 3+

Absolute disaster off a weekend cratloe leading at half time

After half time they must Ave hit 20+ wides absolutely threw this game away sorry for any 1 that backed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Good odds about Scotstown for Ulster and Dr Crokes are looking strong again. I think 7/4 is too short for Ballyhale. Kilmacud will probably be favourites if they win Sunday.
    I've taken a few diff perms, Scotstown, Ballygunner, Ballyhale, Corofin for Connaught and Crokes.

Lot of trappy county finals on today, with dodgy 1/2 ish favs in many. Coleraine, Cargin, Gweedore, Mooretown all favs that I'd be happy enough to stay away from and opponents having live chances in all.
    Also hear that Crossmaglen might not be worth the 1/6 that they're quoted at, but that's from a pessimistic cross man!!

All named teams won, hope nobody was put off - although Crossmaglen didn't have it all their own way. The Cargin game must have been a classic, well done to anyone who back under 10 pts for the total in that game. Cargin edged their near neighbours by 5pts to 4pts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

East kerry -2 today I think. They have more room for improvement . Corofin-3 and moorefield-2 are two others that catch the eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Great shouts the other week from those who gave Dingle a chance of turning around their previous huge loss to East Kerry. They were unlucky not to win last weekend and are destroying them this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bjwport

Lads are Rathnew -1 at 6\4 a bit of a steal?

They beat St.Vincents last year. Generally in GAA we know that the underdog gets one chance and about roughly 80% of replays (Couldn't find an official stat) are won by the favourite. I have noticed in many cases they also win fairly comfortably. Any opinion lads? I dont doubt that their opponents are good but they're not as experienced or as wily as Rathnew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Not sure they'll turn around an 18 point defeat in 4 weeks.

31 point swing in ~6 weeks as Dingle win by 13 against East Kerry today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Bjwport wrote: »

They beat St.Vincents last year. Generally in GAA we know that the underdog gets one chance and about roughly 80% of replays (Couldn't find an official stat) are won by the favourite. I have noticed in many cases they also win fairly comfortably. Any opinion lads? I dont doubt that their opponents are good but they're not as experienced or as wily as Rathnew.

Not necessarily imo pats and rathnew are neighbours so massive rivalry and it is a sense of youth vs experience as pats very much had the legs on them add in that 4 or 5 rathnew players had a hurling final today as well as carrying a few knocks makes it a near impossible call for me. I thought rathnew would win last week but it was only pats going into their shell that let them back in it. You are right about only having one shot at a big team bit their legs could be going off the top of my head 6 or 7 of them are 30+ at this stage

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I've taken a few diff perms, Scotstown, Ballygunner, Ballyhale, Corofin for Connaught and Crokes.

Lot of trappy county finals on today, with dodgy 1/2 ish favs in many. Coleraine, Cargin, Gweedore, Mooretown all favs that I'd be happy enough to stay away from and opponents having live chances in all.
    Also hear that Crossmaglen might not be worth the 1/6 that they're quoted at, but that's from a pessimistic cross man!!

All named teams won, hope nobody was put off - although Crossmaglen didn't have it all their own way. The Cargin game must have been a classic, well done to anyone who back under 10 pts for the total in that game. Cargin edged their near neighbours by 5pts to 4pts!!!

Indeed yesterdays county finals proved to be trappy. Naomh Eanna and Clonoulty Rossmore were two spoilers.

The Wexford SFC final is a case in point. Favourites Shelmaliers kicked a late point to draw the first game before winning the replay by 16 points.

I backed Rathnew in the drawn game and each way for Leinster but I'd say that's as good as gone. They will have to play Rhode in Leinster 24 hours after the Wicklow final replay. Madness that this is allowed to happen. As the real mccoy said, the value may lie with Rhode to make the final now.

Any posters with insight into Tinahely of Wicklow? They're away to Shamrocks of Offaly in the Leinster club IFC first round on Saturday. I think Shamrocks may be good value at 7/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Any posters with insight into Tinahely of Wicklow? They're away to Shamrocks of Offaly in the Leinster club IFC first round on Saturday. I think Shamrocks may be good value at 7/4.

Yeah I'm from Wicklow it was tinahealys first title since about 04 or so they were down from senior last year the intermediate wasn't great this year laragh were just up and reached a semi final carnew who the played in the final would be mainly a hurling parish who may have had half an eye on their hurling county final yesterday I didn't see it but from what I heard carnew kicked it away too. Tinahealy then spent the guts of a week on the beer too. Obviously quite hard to cross judge the form but you could be right I was suprised to see tinahealy as favs

Yeah I'm from Wicklow it was tinahealys first title since about 04 or so they were down from senior last year the intermediate wasn't great this year laragh were just up and reached a semi final carnew who the played in the final would be mainly a hurling parish who may have had half an eye on their hurling county final yesterday I didn't see it but from what I heard carnew kicked it away too. Tinahealy then spent the guts of a week on the beer too. Obviously quite hard to cross judge the form but you could be right I was suprised to see tinahealy as favs

True. It's hard most of the time to gauge teams in these competitions but can be interesting too. I'll never forget the time I backed Twomilehouse at 9/4 to beat Meath champions Drumbaragh in the Leinster junior. PP had Drumbaragh as 4/9 favourites based purely on their county's record in the competition. TMH went on to win the All Ireland. That was five years ago though. PP have raised their game since.

Shamrocks won the senior B championship in Offaly, beating Tubber in the final two weeks ago by 11 points. They played nine games to make the final and won each of those so worthy outright winners. Shamrocks have been knocking about the second tier since being relegated from senior in 2011. Offaly star Nigel Dunne is their main man at full forward. But Shamrocks are by by no means a one man team with Offaly goalkeeper Paddy Dunican and Alan Heffernan playing supporting roles inside. Dunican and Heffernan were part of the Shamrocks minor team from 2013 that won the A championship before going on to win the Eire Og Leinster tournament. Midfielders Johnny O'Toole and Andrew Delaney and wing back Gary Hutchinson were also part of their successful minor side. Shamrocks are a progressive club on both fronts and reached the SHC B final earlier this month.

Shamrocks into 6/4 now.

• Advertisement

I don't mean to take over thread but the curtain raiser at O'Connor Park on Saturday is between Offaly intermediate runners up St Brigid's and Meath junior runners up St Vincent's. So here you have two teams who haven't won their county championship meeting in the Leinster junior. St Brigid's were beaten by Ferbane's second string in the Offaly IFC final replay which was played on Sunday. They haven't much time to sober up and they won't be training this week. St Vincent's were beaten by a fairly strong Dunboyne second string in the Meath JFC final after extra time five weeks ago. They've had plenty of time to recover and are training for a crack at Leinster. No odds available yet but I'd expect St Vincent's to be short favourites.

Shamrock 2/5, shoite!! Went in to have a look but I think I'll leave them at that price. Good info though, we all know it mightn't transpire, but the logic seems good.

Shamrock 2/5, shoite!! Went in to have a look but I think I'll leave them at that price. Good info though, we all know it mightn't transpire, but the logic seems good.

Price gone and I missed out! Doesn't always come off but we'll wait and see.

Quick question lads. PP were accepting All-Star double bets for the whole summer this year (As long as it was 1 footballer 1 hurler) and I went heavy back in early July on John Conlon and Ciaran Kilkenny, Their website says in GAA rules section that All-Stars are "singles" only.
    Does anybody know if I have much grounds to argue when I am paid at reduced odds (My stake will probably be halved). Its a bit of a joke I have a feeling that they'll say my bet is 2 singles but not until its confirmed that the 2 fellas have the awards.... Any opinion or anybody in a similar situation before? Thanks

Quick question lads. PP were accepting All-Star double bets for the whole summer this year (As long as it was 1 footballer 1 hurler) and I went heavy back in early July on John Conlon and Ciaran Kilkenny, Their website says in GAA rules section that All-Stars are "singles" only.
    Does anybody know if I have much grounds to argue when I am paid at reduced odds (My stake will probably be halved). Its a bit of a joke I have a feeling that they'll say my bet is 2 singles but not until its confirmed that the 2 fellas have the awards.... Any opinion or anybody in a similar situation before? Thanks

Is it online? What is expected layout etc?
    If it's online and they've calculated a return on the accumulated odds, I'd say you've little to fear.
    The reason why you can generally only do singles is because the outcomes are related if betting on the same sport. Shouldn't be any concerns with cross sport doubled. Also, if website allowed the double to be placed, then it's unlikely you'll have any issues as they write the code so as to ensure that can't happen.

Is it online? What is expected layout etc?
    If it's online and they've calculated a return on the accumulated odds, I'd say you've little to fear.
    The reason why you can generally only do singles is because the outcomes are related if betting on the same sport. Shouldn't be any concerns with cross sport doubled. Also, if website allowed the double to be placed, then it's unlikely you'll have any issues as they write the code so as to ensure that can't happen.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah Conlon was 2/5 and Kilkenny was 4/7. Both favourites for player of the year so went a bit wild and "invested" a grand. The combined odds were 6/5. The cynic in me was thinking they would get awkward as they can do. Thanks. Some craic now if Conlon isn't picked for the All Star!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Thanks for the reply. Yeah Conlon was 2/5 and Kilkenny was 4/7. Both favourites for player of the year so went a bit wild and "invested" a grand. The combined odds were 6/5. The cynic in me was thinking they would get awkward as they can do. Thanks. Some craic now if Conlon isn't picked for the All Star!

Read the first bullet in this post.

Any1 any info on Dingle v Dr crokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Whiteshorts1

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Any1 any info on Dingle v Dr crokes?

In relation to something specific?

• Advertisement

In relation to something specific?

Thinking bout backing dingle!

This discussion has been closed.