Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Same As wrote: »
    Interesting that Louth-Based Spoyle Sports are offering 11/8 on Louth IFC champions St Mochtas this weekend against Laois IFC champions Courtwood. Powers have St Mochtas 4/5 favourites. I don't know the slightest thing about either team but interesting that Boyles are sticking their neck out a bit on a somewhat local team.

Interesting. I notice that Eire Og have shortened with Boyles overnight, 2/1 into 17/10, against Newtown Blues. I think they're good value to beat the Blues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Bjwport wrote: »
    With the Boden game rearranged hope I'm not being insincere here but 7 points handicap is a bit light in my opinion. Boden hit big scores everyday as you do with marquee forward men. They also play at home.
    They hit 3-23 QF
    2-16 SF
    2-17 Final
    2-15 Final replay

Clonkill have a shaky defence they conceded 5 goals in their semi. They hit 1-13 in the final. They are going to be playing against better backs where scores are hard come by. They may concede in around the 3-20 mark and might score around 1-12, Only my opinion

Bit of a move on that handicap now for this game in the last hour or so on Boyles/PP. Weather is putting me off it a bit. Filthy day in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

robbiezero wrote: »
    Bit of a move on that handicap now for this game in the last hour or so on Boyles/PP. Weather is putting me off it a bit. Filthy day in Dublin.

lucky enough. clonkill going toe to toe with them. courageous stuff on a desperately difficult day for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Draw game. Incredible performance from Clonkill.
    Extra time to be played

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FlacidBiscuit

Any info on the Leinster senior football games this weekend? Particularly Rhode vs St Columbas and Moorefield vs Portlaoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Interesting that Louth-Based Spoyle Sports are offering 11/8 on Louth IFC champions St Mochtas this weekend against Laois IFC champions Courtwood. Powers have St Mochtas 4/5 favourites. I don't know the slightest thing about either team but interesting that Boyles are sticking their neck out a bit on a somewhat local team.

Courtwood prevail, Boyles right to stick the neck out.

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    On the favourable side of the draw. They start with a potentially tricky away tie to the Wicklow champions. But with the Wicklow final going to a replay, Rhode's should be better prepared than their opponents.

Longford champions Mullinalaghta are favourites to come through this side of the draw at 15/2. They play the Wicklow winners or Rhode in a quarter final.

Eire Og could be interesting at 25/1. Mullinalaghta beat them well last year, however, it was a week after they won the Carlow final replay. They were so poor that day and got their opening score of the game in the first half of injury time. They should be better prepared this year with a five week gap from the county final to their provincial opener. It's been 10 years since a Carlow team won a game in the Leinster club SFC.

I've tipped up Rathnew at 40/1 and I will stick with them to make the final.

Good win for Eire Og yesterday, beating Newtown Blues in Drogheda. They set up a rematch with Mullinalaghta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

St Josephs milltown +10 10/11 v Dr Crokes two weeks time this will be close I expect Crokes to win by 5+ but not to win by 10+

Dickie9 wrote: »
    St Josephs milltown +10 10/11 v Dr Crokes two weeks time this will be close I expect Crokes to win by 5+ but not to win by 10+

I don't know, can Miltown Malbay live with Dr Crokes? 5-20 from play against the Cork champions. What will they score against the Clare champions?

I don't know, can Miltown Malbay live with Dr Crokes? 5-20 from play against the Cork champions. What will they score against the Clare champions?

I reckon dr crokes 2.11 St josephs miltown 1.09

They have to start with Curtin sweeper.....crokes ran threw finbarrs with ease can't see them doing it to miltown tbh with Gordon Kelly around and seanie is having a good year in the goals kickouts superb reckon he deserves a call up to the clare squad for the league

• Advertisement

They have to start with Curtin sweeper.....crokes ran threw finbarrs with ease can't see them doing it to miltown tbh with Gordon Kelly around and seanie is having a good year in the goals kickouts superb reckon he deserves a call up to the clare squad for the league

Gordon Kelly is a tough defender. I hope Miltown can keep the scoreline respectable.

Any thoughts on the Ulster semi finals this weekend?

Gordon Kelly is a tough defender. I hope Miltown can keep the scoreline respectable.

I backed Scotstown a few weeks ago a 4/1 double up With ballygunner a 3/1

I reckon st.thomas could be a good bet for all ireland club bout 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Ballygunner are up against it

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Ballygunner are up against it

That's true any news on Shane Dowling he went off the last day with an arm injury. ...

Ballygunner will give Em enuf but it's a mountain off an ask to beat na piarsaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

That's true any news on Shane Dowling he went off the last day with an arm injury. ...

Ballygunner will give Em enuf but it's a mountain off an ask to beat na piarsaigh

All quiet on that front , would be a big loss if he was out

I reckon st.thomas could be a good bet for all ireland club bout 5/1

Leinster v Munster
    Connacht v Ulster

5/1 tasty on st thomas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Ballygunner and Miltown will be eaten without salt.

Think celbridge in the Leinster intermediate are a big price against a team that only won the county title last weekend. Should have beaten rower instigue and carrickshock in this competition in last few years.and they would be better than ballycallan by a fair bit.
    3/1
    And throw the Meath champions in with them
    Kilteale multiple county champions at senior
    Against wexford intermediate champs.

At 3/1, would Fethard be worth a flutter against Ballycallan this weekend? The Wexford champions overcame Kiltale by 2-9 to 2-5 in atrocious conditions two weeks ago. It was an impressive win when you consider that Kiltale beat the Wexford champions in 2014 (Shamrocks), 2015 (Naomh Eanna) and 2016 (Oylegate Glenbrien) and Fethard won the Wexford IHC final after a replay the previous weekend.

Scotstown look to be strong but I can see Coleraine giving them an almighty game this weekend. When you go through their team, they're littered with county experience. It will be tighter than expected.

Crossmaglen v Gweedore is a tough one to call. Cards might be the way to go in that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

They'll be tight, Scotstown should have too much for Coleraine, but they're no mugs either. I'd fancy Gweedore in the other game, but I wouldn't put anyone off a draw double - the worse the weather, the more chance of same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Personally wouldn’t go near that bet. Hopefully comes in for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Any thoughts on Ballyhale Vs Naomh Eanna?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Leinster v Munster
    Connacht v Ulster

5/1 tasty on st thomas!

Good value. Is it definitely Connacht v Ulster this year? I can't find the fixtures anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

turniphead wrote: »
    Good value. Is it definitely Connacht v Ulster this year? I can't find the fixtures anywhere?

It is, but last time it was ulster v connacht, Cushendall beat Sarsfields. The gap in club isn't as big. Slaughtneil had Na Piarsaigh on the run last year for example and Loughgiel and Dunloy have both had success in the past. Still, probably value.

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    It is, but last time it was ulster v connacht, Cushendall beat Sarsfields. The gap in club isn't as big. Slaughtneil had Na Piarsaigh on the run last year for example and Loughgiel and Dunloy have both had success in the past. Still, probably value.

St Thomas Ave a serious team the Burkes, Cooneys, Regan...they get over Liam mellows reckon they'll cruise threw semi...Liam mellows are the ones st.thomas will Ave to get over...

Bar one
    Scotstown Ulster club
    Kilmacud crokes Leinster club
    Dr crokes Munster club
    Corofin connacht club

Odds 9/2

Looks a good bet to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Thinking of the following accum this weekend - any thoughts welcome?

Scotstown 1/2
    Portlaoise 5/6 (hurling)
    Feakle 13/08
    Ballyboden 4/11
    Na Piarsaigh 2/5

Pays just shy of 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Scotstown 1/2 Portlaoise 5/6 (hurling) Feakle 13/08 Ballyboden 4/11 Na Piarsaigh 2/5

Pays just shy of 12/1

Thinking of the following accum this weekend - any thoughts welcome?

Feakle play 15 on 15 which will suit Charleville

• Advertisement

hurler97 wrote: »
    Feakle play 15 on 15 which will suit Charleville

Scored 5 goals away to the Waterford champions and reached the Clare SHC semi finals just two year ago. I wouldn't put anyone off backing Feakle at 13/8 (PP).

I've this accum for the weekend. Pays over 12/1 with Boyles. 8/1 with PP.

Easkey
    Red Hughs
    Taghmon Camross
    Portlaoise (hurling)
    St Thomas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement