Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Indeed, all my perms from early on with ballygunner, corofin, Dr.crokes are due for conclusion on Sunday. Need scotstown and/or ballyhale for a very healthy payout. Not as confident about them now as I was previously!!

We were never confident off ballygunner and look wa happened I've them in a double with scotstown #hondscotstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Roll on next week #weallondscotstownwagon...

Put the bottle down :D

Best of luck next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bjwport

Handicap might be generous for Graigue Ballycallan v Portlaoise. Portlaoise +5 10/11. They're a good side with a lovely balance of experience and energy and should run the KK champs close. Laois has only 8 senior teams and Portlaoise will more than hold their own next year in that championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Kilmacud, Dr Crokes and Corofin have won to complete half the bet...which was betting with my head.

Second half of the bet was betting with the heart where judgement gets a little cloudy.

Gaoth Dobhair to win by 4-6pts v Scotstown
    Donegal to win Div 2 outright
    Donegal to win Ulster Championship

Kilmacud, Dr Crokes and Corofin have won to complete half the bet...which was betting with my head.

Second half of the bet was betting with the heart where judgement gets a little cloudy.

Posting this reminder because people keep Aftertiming in this thread. Take the Aftertiming to the Aftertiming thread. Well done for winning, but post the proof of the winning/bet in question.

Gambling Forum Charter.

Read this first and don’t gamble on getting a ban!

• As of 21/7/2010 two new sub forums have been added for Football and Horse/Greyhound Racing. This means that all threads for football or racing will be hosted in the new forums. The main forum is for all other sports betting only and any threads on football or racing will be moved.

•As with every forum on Boards.ie, there are rules, and breaking these rules could result in a warning or a ban. Do not do any of the following:

1. Posting off topic. These threads will be deleted, and a ban may be handed out at the mods discretion.

2. Outbursts of personal abuse/racism/hissy fits/sarcastic jibes/newbie bashing etc. will not be tolerated. These posts will be deleted, and for most of these offences a ban will follow at the mods discretion.

3. Pimping sites or spamming. This is usually something that displeases the powerful types. Do this at your peril.

4. Referral code pimping. This is an extension of rule 3. Wise posters use their signatures, but do not put the code in there either. Code available, PM for details, etc, etc.

If a post offends you or you think it is inappropriate to this forum please use the report post function. Do not get involved in slagging matches on the thread as this may get you in trouble too.

•The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. IF you aftertime in a thread, attach a picture of said bet with it in the live betting thread or aftertiming thread in the main forum of gambling. It only takes a minute or two at most to do this. Failure to produce a pic will result in a red card at the very least.

•When posting a selection/tip please give a reasoning and background to the tip. In other words, don’t come on and say “Stick the house on XXXX to win, it’s a sure thing”. That sort of phrasing is not constructive, so is likely to earn a warning at least.

•Using the write-ups of others from different websites in an attempt to pass it on as your own is strictly forbidden and will result in a permanent ban from the forum. If you can't add your own reasoning to your selections, don't post it.

•Boards.ie is a private body, as such don’t post possibly libellous posts. You don’t have free speech. You don’t have free advertising either, so no commercial posts. Spam is not a type of food around here and will result in your banning. Possibly permanently.

•Moderators decision is final. If you have a problem with a moderator please use the Dispute Resolution Forum

•If someone posts a tip/selection (with a reasoning behind it) and it loses, do not abuse them. Believe it or not you didn’t have to follow the tip.

•Gambling can be a problem, and while the majority of topics on these boards will be for fun, if you allow yourself to get to obsessed with it, gambling can change your life for the worst. There are organisations that can help if you think you or a loved one may have a problem. If in doubt, then seek help here : www.gamblersanonymous.ie

Please see the post below to help decide if you may have a problem.

If you have any questions please feel free to pm the Gambling Forum Administrators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

But harsh calling it aftertiming, the first 3 legs were prob about 1/3 combined and the remaining 3 legs are about 20/1!!!

But harsh calling it aftertiming, the first 3 legs were prob about 1/3 combined and the remaining 3 legs are about 20/1!!!

Read the charter.

Same As wrote: »
    Read the charter.

I did, and whilst there may be issues in terms of his reasoning for selections (appears to be a gweedore native), you specified aftertiming as the issue, since he hasn't won and is quite a way from winning, I don't think many of us are too concerned by his post. Some might even say that anything generating activity on the thread is to be welcomed!

I did, and whilst there may be issues in terms of his reasoning for selections (appears to be a gweedore native), you specified aftertiming as the issue, since he hasn't won and is quite a way from winning, I don't think many of us are too concerned by his post. Some might even say that anything generating activity on the thread is to be welcomed!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for activity in this thread as it's the one I frequent/post in most regularly. I don't always fully abide by the charter with selections, but it's clear as day that the most important thing from the charter is to not aftertime, at all, regardless if they're 1/10 shots that have already won.

This is not what the thread is for in my opinion. It is for meaningful conversation about GAA Betting and future events/games. What good is a post about a bet that has been placed with winners already in it?

Paging a Mod to tell me whether I'm right or wrong - ShamoBuc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for activity in this thread as it's the one I frequent/post in most regularly. I don't always fully abide by the charter with selections, but it's clear as day that the most important thing from the charter is to not aftertime, at all, regardless if they're 1/10 shots that have already won.

This is not what the thread is for in my opinion. It is for meaningful conversation about GAA Betting and future events/games. What good is a post about a bet that has been placed with winners already in it?

Paging a Mod to tell me whether I'm right or wrong - ShamoBuc?

You are of course correct. Aftertiming is a Big no no in any gambling thread.

However, the poster is not a frequent poster here, 4 posts in 8 years, so its quite possible he wasn't as aware of the issue as he could have been.
    Also, his bet hasn't won yet, the hard bit is to come, so I can see why some wouldn't think it as aftertiming, technically it is.

The issue of aftertiming in general, can seriously annoy everyone, but I think we can move on now.

This is a great thread, with some very good informative posters, keep it up.

• Advertisement

Any updated thoughts on this weekend's games?

Weather set to be gusty with showers, may suit gweedore as that's their usual weather😀!
    It promises to be tight, draw could be on the cards, hoping scotstown can win and if I needed a bet on this, they represent value, but note that Kilcar last year's Donegal champions gave them a fair beating last year by 10pts.
    Conor McCarthy represents value at 15/2 (boyles) and 13/5 (pp)for 1st and anytime goalscorer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Any updated thoughts on this weekend's games?

Weather set to be gusty with showers, may suit gweedore as that's their usual weather😀!
    It promises to be tight, draw could be on the cards, hoping scotstown can win and if I needed a bet on this, they represent value, but note that Kilcar last year's Donegal champions gave them a fair beating last year by 10pts.
    Conor McCarthy represents value at 15/2 (boyles) and 13/5 (pp)for 1st and anytime goalscorer too.

Good odds on a McCarthy goal there, he scored a cracking goal in the semi and well fit to get another if he gets a sniff.

My money is on Scotstown personally, I think their odds represent great value. Gweedore are favourites after a fantastic win over Cross, but Scotstown have greater experience at this level and have alot more to give than what they've shown so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

It's hard to know. Nullifying the hughes brothers and no fouling within Beggan's scoring range is a huge ask but they've the markers to do this if they show up on the day which I think they will and they have shown a greater sense of discipline this year in the tackle.
    If it's a howler of a game in terms of wind and rain, Gaoth Dobhair will feel right at home. I would think this game rests on which version of Odhran MacNiallais shows up tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ballyhale cloughduv double in the hurling today looks good.

9/2 on it being a draw at either half time or full time on Bet365 in Scotstown & Gaoth Dobhair today looks to represent some bit of value. I'll have a cursory poke for the interest.

9/2 on it being a draw at either half time or full time on Bet365 in Scotstown & Gaoth Dobhair today looks to represent some bit of value. I'll have a cursory poke for the interest.

good call, absolutely treacherous conditions, the game really shouldn't have started though imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ballyhale cloughduv double in the hurling today looks good.

Handy one. Never in doubt

good call, absolutely treacherous conditions, the game really shouldn't have started though imo.

Thanks, I'm just distraught I didn't have a little on the draw/draw. Ah well, happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Really? They didn't look as bad on t.v!

Really? They didn't look as bad on t.v!

Extra time weather had cleared up a bit, but omagh pitch is renowned for being a bog and it had a significant effect on the game. Players couldn't bounce the ball for example as it most likely wouldn't bounce, or if it did, it would skid off in another direction!! Conditions in first half were treacherous, players drenched through.

I managed to make a little profit by backing gweedore outright in running, but paled by comparison to what I could have made has scotstown prevailed (or could have cashed out for pre-game, but you takes your chances!!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I think Kilmacud Crokes -4 is a great bet if the weather stays good and dry. If they build up an early lead it could be a big win on the scoreboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Westmeath at 6/4 with 365 surely worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

What price were Mullinalaghta there..??

What price were Mullinalaghta there..??

Bones of 5/1 or 6/1 I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I thought they were 4/1 .

Handicap was +/- 4 points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Westmeath at 6/4 with 365 surely worth a punt.

this won anyway, took little bit, keep posting with little reasoning for readers :)

Derry look a tad overpriced against Fermanagh in the McKenna cup this weekend @ 17/10. Comes without knowing a thing about the potential teams and at a time of the year when you shouldn't be getting massively stuck in blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Funny enough weathers been so good recently you can actually play some ball in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Offaly to beat Carlow tomorrow in the football at 10/11 looks a great bet. Offaly can still qualify for the semi final with a win. Carlow are very experimental in this so far, trying out the extended panel before cutting a few. I have doubled this with Laois to beat Wicklow & gone fairly big on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Stevecw wrote: »
    Offaly to beat Carlow tomorrow in the football at 10/11 looks a great bet. Offaly can still qualify for the semi final with a win. Carlow are very experimental in this so far, trying out the extended panel before cutting a few. I have doubled this with Laois to beat Wicklow & gone fairly big on it.

have to go against this, we are useless.

Also expiremental as we have carlow in league and wouldnt want to show hand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement