Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Few interesting bets on club football today.

I like gweedore win, both score a goal at 13/2, speculative, but gweedore are no mugs and knocked in 3 and 4 goals in first 2 games in Ulster. Corofin not averse to the odd 3-pointer either, so maybe more value here than the straight win.
    They have a few whatodds markets, but have cut the normal both teams to miss a penno from 200/1 to 100/1, prob ignore it now. Wee touch of value in both to score a penno at 50 maybe?
    Burke and Cassidy goal in first 15 mins 11s and 12s, both interesting, more so Burke I feel, i prefer this to 1st goalscorer, much bigger odds and you're still running if somebody else poaches one first, obvious downsides of course.

Second game, awfully dismissive quotes for st columbas, taken then +1 at 13/2. This year's win was a second good run in a row for the miracle team, they've already taken the scalp of one set of Crokes, so must be a bit of value, that said, who knows. So, maybe I'll just restrict it to my fee bets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Few interesting bets on club football today.

I like gweedore win, both score a goal at 13/2, speculative, but gweedore are no mugs and knocked in 3 and 4 goals in first 2 games in Ulster. Corofin not averse to the odd 3-pointer either, so maybe more value here than the straight win.
    They have a few whatodds markets, but have cut the normal both teams to miss a penno from 200/1 to 100/1, prob ignore it now. Wee touch of value in both to score a penno at 50 maybe?
    Burke and Cassidy goal in first 15 mins 11s and 12s, both interesting, more so Burke I feel, i prefer this to 1st goalscorer, much bigger odds and you're still running if somebody else poaches one first, obvious downsides of course.

Second game, awfully dismissive quotes for st columbas, taken then +1 at 13/2. This year's win was a second good run in a row for the miracle team, they've already taken the scalp of one set of Crokes, so must be a bit of value, that said, who knows. So, maybe I'll just restrict it to my fee bets!!

13/2 is poor enough value there in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Same As wrote: »
    Current profit and loss for RP tipsters excluding outright selections in Post #9176

Jennings -19.43
    Mulvihill: -2.4

Jennings has thrown his hat in the ring with some Hurling Selections this weekend...

Recommendations 16/2/2019

Cork (Cork vs Clare)
    2pts 6-4 Boylesports

Over 2.5 Cork goals (Cork vs Clare)
    1pt 7-2 BoyleSports

Backing goals in hurling isn't a wise bet with the current defensive setups of all teams. He mustn't watch too many matches.

munster87 wrote: »
    13/2 is poor enough value there in my opinion

true enough, the open spaces of semple didn't suit, crokes too much class up front. Interesting final in prospect.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Backing goals in hurling isn't a wise bet with the current defensive setups of all teams. He mustn't watch too many matches.

But that's why it's the price it is, i'd agree to an extent though, but more so because it's so easy to score points with the technology available (balls, primarily), that the three points for a goal isn't worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Bjwport

Well guys not a tip for right now but a long term tip which will get ye profit for as long as Gaa allows betting. Hope admin are ok with that. When games are “50:50” there are ways to cover yourself easily so you cannot lose. Varying opinions from bookies can work in your favour.
    Here are 2 examples from the last couple of months.

In hurling
    Portlaoise 6/4 Boyle’s draw 9/1Ballinamere 6/4PP
    €200 on Portlaoise =€500
    €200on Ballinamere =€500
    €50draw = €500
    Spend €450 with a return of €50 profit no matter the result.

Cork +1 Boyle’s 6/5 (Cork win or draw)
    Clare Evens Bet365

€300 on Cork +1 = €660
    €300 on Clare = €600
    Total spend = €600. Full refund or €60 profit.

There are games coming up in football where this will probably happen again. It’s worth monitoring and getting out the calculator if ya get time during the week. If I see anymore I’ll try to post. Tonight the cork odds changed late on Boyle’s so I thought it was too late to post (after 7:05 throw in 7:15)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Bjwport wrote: »
    Well guys not a tip for right now but a long term tip which will get ye profit for as long as Gaa allows betting. Hope admin are ok with that. When games are “50:50” there are ways to cover yourself easily so you cannot lose. Varying opinions from bookies can work in your favour.
    Here are 2 examples from the last couple of months.

In hurling
    Portlaoise 6/4 Boyle’s draw 9/1Ballinamere 6/4PP
    €200 on Portlaoise =€500
    €200on Ballinamere =€500
    €50draw = €500
    Spend €450 with a return of €50 profit no matter the result.

Cork +1 Boyle’s 6/5 (Cork win or draw)
    Clare Evens Bet365

€300 on Cork +1 = €660
    €300 on Clare = €600
    Total spend = €600. Full refund or €60 profit.

There are games coming up in football where this will probably happen again. It’s worth monitoring and getting out the calculator if ya get time during the week. If I see anymore I’ll try to post. Tonight the cork odds changed late on Boyle’s so I thought it was too late to post (after 7:05 throw in 7:15)
    Have you any screen shot ? Boyle Sports and Paddy Power are only in existence to make money - I find it very hard to believe the same bookie have an over round of less than 100% when its more typically 115% and beyond

Have you any screen shot ? Boyle Sports and Paddy Power are only in existence to make money - I find it very hard to believe the same bookie have an over round of less than 100% when its more typically 115% and beyond

Yes no bother.
    * When ya have a handy one make it count with the stake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Yes no bother.

Handy200 fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings has thrown his hat in the ring with some Hurling Selections this weekend...

Recommendations 16/2/2019

Cork (Cork vs Clare)
    2pts 6-4 Boylesports +3

Over 2.5 Cork goals (Cork vs Clare)
    1pt 7-2 BoyleSports -1

Current profit and loss for RP tipsters excluding outright selections in Post #9176

Jennings -17.43
    Mulvihill: -2.4

Recommendations 17/02/2019

Kilkenny -1 (Kilkenny vs Limerick)
    2pts 15-8 BoyleSports

Under 44.5 points (Wexford vs Tipperary)
    3pts Evs BoyleSports

Under 2.5 goals (Wexford vs Tipperary)
    2pts 11-8 BoyleSports

Dublin (Galway vs Dublin)
    2pts 11-4 Hills, Sky Bet

Under 2.5 goals (Galway vs Dublin)
    2pts 13-8 BoyleSports

• Advertisement

Yes no bother.

that shows a bet on Cork(+1) to beat Clare.
    If Clare had won, yes you would have won assuming you had the same stake BUT if Clare had won by one point you would have lost the bet . . . . and €4000

that shows a bet on Cork to beat Clare with no reference to the draw. . If that game was a draw you would have lost. .

Check again, Cork +1.

How you ever got 1000 on with Boylesports is completely above my head, though.

that shows a bet on Cork to beat Clare with no reference to the draw. . If that game was a draw you would have lost. .

It was Cork +1 point. If the game was a draw the Cork bet is still a winner. If Cork had a 1 point lead before throw in and the game finished a draw in theory Cork would win by 1 point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Check again, Cork +1.

How you ever got 1000 on with Boylesports is completely above my head, though.

Cant understand it either unless a new account. Account will be gone in a few days surely. 365 wont last long at that rate either.

It was Cork +1 point. If the game was a draw the Cork bet is still a winner. If Cork had a 1 point lead before throw in and the game finished a draw in theory Cork would win by 1 point

Yes BUT if the game ended in a one point win for Clare then the handicap result is a draw and you lose BOTH bets

Yes BUT if the game ended in a one point win for Clare then the handicap result is a draw and you lose BOTH bets

No. his straight bet on Clare would have won. Its a nice system, but accounts won't last long.

No I wouldn’t! If Clare won by 1 point or 100 points for that matter the Clare won is still the Clare win!
    It’s not that hard to fathom

robbiezero wrote: »
    No. his straight bet on Clare would have won. Its a nice system, but accounts won't last long.

This part. What you are doing is called arbitrage. Bookies hate arbers and you'll be limited to pence before you know it, so make hay while the sun shines!

This part. What you are doing is called arbitrage. Bookies hate arbers and you'll be limited to pence before you know it, so make hay while the sun shines!

Thanks Same As. I’ll try to do it over the counter instead in future. Just trying to share a simple system.

Thanks Same As. I’ll try to do it over the counter instead in future. Just trying to share a simple system.

• Advertisement

that shows a bet on Cork(+1) to beat Clare.
    If Clare had won, yes you would have won assuming you had the same stake BUT if Clare had won by one point you would have lost the bet . . . . and €4000

No, he covered all outcomes for a 200 profit. Not bad, issues I would see are getting on at the prices as GAA prices tend to move quite a bit under little weight of money. Also, betting singles is a sure way to get restricted, I had a market bf sport were letting me place less than €1 on the other night (And I'm far from being a consistent winner😀😀).

Ah, didn't see the last page and all the posts above, needless to say, I agree!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Bjwport wrote:

Great system if it's a market with high liquidity like American football but there isn't many punters betting €500 + on Gaa so the bookies have them all marked. They will quickly cop onto this and restrict your bets even in shop. The other issue with this is that you place one bet for say a grand and you hit roadblock trying to get matching bet to get your other stake on and you then get caught.

You won't get more than 3-4 of these bets off the books here on Gaa so make most of it whilst ya can

mjp wrote: »
    Great system if it's a market with high liquidity like American football but there isn't many punters betting €500 + on Gaa so the bookies have them all marked. They will quickly cop onto this and restrict your bets even in shop. The other issue with this is that you place one bet for say a grand and you hit roadblock trying to get matching bet to get your other stake on and you then get caught.

You won't get more than 3-4 of these bets off the books here on Gaa so make most of it whilst ya can

Yeah man I was worried about that so I sent them both a private msg in chat. They were happy to accept after a 1 minute confirmation with a colleague.
    Watch out for over/under tries In rugby 4.5 for the 2nd Australian test this year as an example.

mjp wrote: »

Always do 365 first. You can cash out for no cost on GAA bets if you fail to get other side on.

Yeah man I was worried about that so I sent them both a private msg in chat. They were happy to accept after a 1 minute confirmation with a colleague.
    Watch out for over/under tries In rugby 4.5 for the 2nd Australian test this year as an example.

you have donegal +1 at 11/10 with pp. Wicklow at 6/5 with 365 today.

you have donegal +1 at 11/10 with pp. Wicklow at 6/5 with 365 today.

That would work but my pp is different to yours....

That would work but my pp is different to yours....

sorry other way round. donegal +1 with 365. Wicklow with pp

sorry other way round. donegal +1 with 365. Wicklow with pp

If you can get on do! Well done for spotting that! Ya see now how easily they can be spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Plenty of these arbs around and cash is the way to go. Can often get a couple of points spreads on bigger handicap lines at the start of the week, or middles on overs unders. Not sure posting on a public forum will help anyone trying to turn a profit long term though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

In the Hurling Donegal v Wicklow game that PP and 365 have different favourites anyone know which bookie is right or which team should be the favourite ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement