Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Plenty of these arbs around and cash is the way to go. Can often get a couple of points spreads on bigger handicap lines at the start of the week, or middles on overs unders. Not sure posting on a public forum will help anyone trying to turn a profit long term though.

Good point here . All it will do is get your acc closed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Juwwi wrote: »
    In the Hurling Donegal v Wicklow game that PP and 365 have different favourites anyone know which bookie is right or which team should be the favourite ?

Id expect donegal to win watched them play each other last year and donegal are a better outfit with home advantage today Wicklow missing a couple too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Id expect donegal to win watched them play each other last year and donegal are a better outfit with home advantage today Wicklow missing a couple too

Is Flynn from Tipp still playing with Donegal? He was a good county minor for a couple of seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Is Flynn from Tipp still playing with Donegal? He was a good county minor for a couple of seasons.

No Flynn has left and so have 5 or 6 others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I know it's a bit late now, but I'd consider Donegal a bit out of their depth in this division. Very small number of clubs, fighting the good fight etc, but be difficult up stay up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »

Recommendations 17/02/2019

Kilkenny -1 (Kilkenny vs Limerick)
    2pts 15-8 BoyleSports -2

Under 44.5 points (Wexford vs Tipperary)
    3pts Evs BoyleSports +3

Under 2.5 goals (Wexford vs Tipperary)
    2pts 11-8 BoyleSports +2.75

Dublin (Galway vs Dublin)
    2pts 11-4 Hills, Sky Bet -2

Under 2.5 goals (Galway vs Dublin)
    2pts 13-8 BoyleSports +3.25

Jennings +5 points for the day.

Current profit and loss for RP tipsters excluding outright selections in Post #9176

Jennings -12.43
    Mulvihill: -2.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Backing goals in hurling isn't a wise bet with the current defensive setups of all teams. He mustn't watch too many matches.

Is it time to start backing u 2.5, generally 11/8 or thereabouts and as goals have dried up over the past few years, not sure that punters have adapted accordingly. Another angle could be teams, Galway used to be goals galore, but they're very content taking the single nowadays. Under 1 is generally tasty at 3's ish, under 1.5 usually Evs or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Is it time to start backing u 2.5, generally 11/8 or thereabouts and as goals have dried up over the past few years, not sure that punters have adapted accordingly. Another angle could be teams, Galway used to be goals galore, but they're very content taking the single nowadays. Under 1 is generally tasty at 3's ish, under 1.5 usually Evs or thereabouts.

365 do be good value on the unders, Kk, Wex and Galway games all to go under was about 18/1 on a treble, PP had it just under 10/1. Individually they were 13/8 for Galway and Wexford games and 7/4 for KK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Bjwport wrote: »
    It was Cork +1 point. If the game was a draw the Cork bet is still a winner. If Cork had a 1 point lead before throw in and the game finished a draw in theory Cork would win by 1 point

SORRY . . . my mistake (in my defence I was falling asleep and just looking for another argument online :rolleyes: )

Good spot - I misunderstood your original post and assumed you meant it was all with same bookmaker.. .
    Now I'm just pissed off I missed it !

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bjwport

SORRY . . . my mistake (in my defence I was falling asleep and just looking for another argument online :rolleyes: )

Good spot - I misunderstood your original post and assumed you meant it was all with same bookmaker.. .
    Now I'm just pissed off I missed it !

No problem! Opinion on Offaly hurling handicap? -13 Galway..Was at the match Saturday night against Laois and their display was the worst I have ever witnessed in a county match. Feel bad saying that but they were atrocious and Laois were 10 points better than them on the balance of play. Laois scores 3 goals and offaly keeper made 2 great saves. 4 points flattered Offaly.. a lot IMO

Laois lead by 13 at half time and our boys (that go) try their best but we are not excellent as ye know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

No problem! Opinion on Offaly hurling handicap? -13 Galway..Was at the match Saturday night against Laois and their display was the worst I have ever witnessed in a county match. Feel bad saying that but they were atrocious and Laois were 10 points better than them on the balance of play. Laois scores 3 goals and offaly keeper made 2 great saves. 4 points flattered Offaly.. a lot IMO

Laois lead by 13 at half time and our boys (that go) try their best but we are not excellent as ye know!

If Galway try easy...was at the Waterford Offaly game and I felt that that was one of the worst displays I'd ever seen. No bite in them at all. Even with the 26 point hammering or what ever it was Waterford left at least 3 goals on the field...and were missing half the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Be careful betting on Galway in relation to handicaps - they don't have the killer instinct to completely hammer a team - they will definitely win but that is a high handicap to beat for a team that can become quite lax when ahead - also if they go ahead subs come on and try to get on the scoreboard without much composure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

In hurling 1B i see somehow Laois are 5/6 faves to beat Carlow. Carlow are 11/10 outsiders despite being at home after drawing with Galway there 2 weeks ago. The same Galway that easily beat Laois.
    PP are overreacting to Laois beating a poor Offaly side and Carlow after making 7 changes from that Galway game losing badly in Waterford.

Carlow have beaten Laois easily last few times they met, and 11/10 is a serious price. I've gone big on it as I can't see it lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Stevecw wrote: »
    In hurling 1B i see somehow Laois are 5/6 faves to beat Carlow. Carlow are 11/10 outsiders despite being at home after drawing with Galway there 2 weeks ago. The same Galway that easily beat Laois.
    PP are overreacting to Laois beating a poor Offaly side and Carlow after making 7 changes from that Galway game losing badly in Waterford.

Carlow have beaten Laois easily last few times they met, and 11/10 is a serious price. I've gone big on it as I can't see it lasting.

Would fancy Carlow myself but they could be missing Marty Mouse Kavanagh after he went off with a hamstring injury in the Waterford game

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bjwport

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Would fancy Carlow myself but they could be missing Marty Mouse Kavanagh after he went off with a hamstring injury in the Waterford game

Was at the game in Portlaoise last year. Carlow by 2-25 to 2-15, wasn’t as comprehensive as the 10 points looked but definitely 5 better anyway. Carlow were the better side on the day. Laois had Ross King and Charlie Dwyer injured that day the 2 best forwards. Crucially if you’re backing Carlow Ross King is not in with the county at the moment (we all know why!) and Charlie is not getting game time at the moment either so not much has changed.
    Laois will be feeling a bit buoyed by the Offaly victory but take that with a pinch of salt as Offaly were shocking. Carlow should be favourites and would expect to win but that can be tricky too for a team that are used to being underdogs. If ya were lumping I’d be going Carlow but at Evens Draw No Bet for a bit of insurance. Worth the small price difference for the peace of mind IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

For a bit of interest Sunday.
    Approx 14/1
    Roscommon
    Down
    Louth
    Donegal
    Westmeath(h)
    Kildare(h)

Current profit and loss for RP tipsters excluding outright selections in Post #9176

Jennings -12.43

Jennings Selections 23/2/2019

Dublin -3 (Dublin vs Mayo)
    3pts 10-11 Hills

No goals (Dublin vs Mayo)
    1pt 13-2 Paddy Power

Under 1.5 goals (Dublin vs Mayo)
    2pts 17-10 Paddy Power

Monaghan (Tyrone vs Monaghan)
    3pts 29-20 bet365

Monaghan over 13.5 points (Tyrone vs Monaghan)
    3pts 11-10 Paddy Power

Both teams to score a goal (Cork vs Meath)
    2pts 6-4 Paddy Power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

No cluxton for dub no Clarke for mayo I can see goals

Jennings -12.43

Jennings Selections 23/2/2019

Dublin -3 (Dublin vs Mayo)
    3pts 10-11 Hills +2.73

No goals (Dublin vs Mayo)
    1pt 13-2 Paddy Power -1

Under 1.5 goals (Dublin vs Mayo)
    2pts 17-10 Paddy Power +3.40

Monaghan (Tyrone vs Monaghan)
    3pts 29-20 bet365 -3

Monaghan over 13.5 points (Tyrone vs Monaghan)
    3pts 11-10 Paddy Power -3

Both teams to score a goal (Cork vs Meath)
    2pts 6-4 Paddy Power +3

+2.13 tonight

Jennings -10.30

Jenning Selections 24/02/2019

Cavan -1 (Cavan v Roscommon)
    2pts 8-5 Paddy Power

Over 13.5 Cavan points (Cavan v Roscommon)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power

No Galway goal (Galway v Kerry)
    2pts 11-10 BoyleSports

Clare -1 (Kildare v Clare)
    2pts 7-2 BoyleSports, Paddy Power

Mulvihill Hurling 24/02/2019

Limerick -2 (Limerick vs Cork)
    4pts 10-11 Betfair, Paddy Power

Clare -3 (Clare vs Wexford)
    2pts Evs general

Over 1.5 Clare goals (Clare vs Wexford)
    1pt Evs Paddy Power

Over 25.5 Tipperary points (Tipperary vs Kilkenny)
    2pts 11-10 Paddy Power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Waterford -2 at evs v dublin

• Advertisement

Jenning Selections 24/02/2019

Cavan -1 (Cavan v Roscommon)
    2pts 8-5 Paddy Power +3.20

Over 13.5 Cavan points (Cavan v Roscommon)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power +2.5

No Galway goal (Galway v Kerry)
    2pts 11-10 BoyleSports -2

Clare -1 (Kildare v Clare)
    2pts 7-2 BoyleSports, Paddy Power -2

Mulvihill Hurling 24/02/2019

Limerick -2 (Limerick vs Cork)
    4pts 10-11 Betfair, Paddy Power -4

Clare -3 (Clare vs Wexford)
    2pts Evs general -2

Over 1.5 Clare goals (Clare vs Wexford)
    1pt Evs Paddy Power +1

Over 25.5 Tipperary points (Tipperary vs Kilkenny)
    2pts 11-10 Paddy Power -2

Mulvihill -7, Jennings +1.70

Jennings -8.60
    Mulvihill: -9.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Danick wrote: »
    Be careful betting on Galway in relation to handicaps - they don't have the killer instinct to completely hammer a team - they will definitely win but that is a high handicap to beat for a team that can become quite lax when ahead - also if they go ahead subs come on and try to get on the scoreboard without much composure.

They only won by 12 - they just don’t seem to beat the handicap when they are strong favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Waterford 11/8 (Ladbrokes) at home to Galway seems like a bet as does Carlow -2 home to Offaly at evs

Jennings -8.60

Jennings selections 2/3/2019

Cavan to lead at half-time (Tyrone vs Cavan)
    2pts 13-5 Betfair, Paddy Power

Cavan-Tyrone double result (Tyrone vs Cavan)
    1pt 6-1 BoyleSports

No Tyrone goal (Tyrone vs Cavan)
    1pt 7-4 BoyleSports

Mayo-Mayo double result (Mayo vs Galway)
    2pts 11-8 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Over 14.5 Mayo points (Mayo vs Galway)
    2pts 11-10 BoyleSports, Paddy Power

Armagh (Donegal vs Armagh)
    2pts 2-1 Betway, BoyleSports

Over 2.5 goals (Donegal vs Armagh)
    2pts 15-8 Paddy Power

Laois -2 (Laois vs Longford)
    2pts 6-5 general

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Jaysus he's going balls to the wall tomorrow laying out 14 points although they don't be keeping a track of his P/L

Jennings -8.60

Jennings selections 2/3/2019

Cavan to lead at half-time (Tyrone vs Cavan)
    2pts 13-5 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

Cavan-Tyrone double result (Tyrone vs Cavan)
    1pt 6-1 BoyleSports -1

No Tyrone goal (Tyrone vs Cavan)
    1pt 7-4 BoyleSports -1

Mayo-Mayo double result (Mayo vs Galway)
    2pts 11-8 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power -2

Over 14.5 Mayo points (Mayo vs Galway)
    2pts 11-10 BoyleSports, Paddy Power -2

Armagh (Donegal vs Armagh)
    2pts 2-1 Betway, BoyleSports -2

Over 2.5 goals (Donegal vs Armagh)
    2pts 15-8 Paddy Power -2

Laois -2 (Laois vs Longford)
    2pts 6-5 general -2

That's pretty bad. 0/8, -14

Jennings -22.60

Jennings 3/3/19 Selections:

Monaghan to lead at half-time (Kerry vs Monaghan)
    2pts 23-10 Betfair, Paddy Power

Over 13.5 Monaghan points (Kerry vs Monaghan)
    2pts 10-11 Paddy Power

Roscommon +8 (Roscommon vs Dublin)
    3pts 8-11 general

Under 19.5 Dublin points (Roscommon vs Dublin)
    3pts 8-11 Paddy Power

Over 2.5 goals (Meath vs Kildare)
    2pts 2-1 Boylesports

Clare (Fermanagh vs Clare)
    2pts 9-4 Boylesports

Mulvihill 3/3/2019 Selections

Draw or either team to win by one, two or three points (Clare vs Limerick)
    2pts 4-5 Ladbrokes

Cork (Cork vs Tipperary)
    2pts 4-5 Paddy Power

Wexford +1 (Wexford vs Kilkenny)
    3pts Evs general

Wexford (Wexford vs Kilkenny)
    1pt 6-4 BoyleSports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Meath are great value at 10/11 tmrw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Meath are great value at 10/11 tmrw

Because ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

365 lines look touch high for football thsi afternoon in wet conditions so taken

roscommon and Kerry games in variety of doubles on the lines on offer

• Advertisement

Jennings 3/3/19 Selections:

Monaghan to lead at half-time (Kerry vs Monaghan)
    2pts 23-10 Betfair, Paddy Power +4.60

Over 13.5 Monaghan points (Kerry vs Monaghan)
    2pts 10-11 Paddy Power -2

Roscommon +8 (Roscommon vs Dublin)
    3pts 8-11 general +2.18

Under 19.5 Dublin points (Roscommon vs Dublin)
    3pts 8-11 Paddy Power -3

Over 2.5 goals (Meath vs Kildare)
    2pts 2-1 Boylesports -2

Clare (Fermanagh vs Clare)
    2pts 9-4 Boylesports -2

Mulvihill 3/3/2019 Selections

Draw or either team to win by one, two or three points (Clare vs Limerick)
    2pts 4-5 Ladbrokes +1.60

Cork (Cork vs Tipperary)
    2pts 4-5 Paddy Power Postponed

Wexford +1 (Wexford vs Kilkenny)
    3pts Evs general Postponed

Wexford (Wexford vs Kilkenny)
    1pt 6-4 BoyleSports Postponed

Jennings -24.82
    Mulvihill: -7.8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement