Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Same As

Anyone know who they called motm? Haven't been to the shop yet and can't find it online anywhere

Horgan was MOTM, presentation was shown on The Sunday Game last night.

2 lovely shouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

This is looking a very shrewd tip right now

Dean Rock has got 0-9 in this year's championship so far. From the bench too. It's still hard to see him winning or getting near Cathal McShane who has 2-38 to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CorkeryABU

Needs to average 12/13 a game to catch. Zero hope.
    CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Dean Rock has got 0-9 in this year's championship so far. From the bench too. It's still hard to see him winning or getting near Cathal McShane who has 2-38 to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

What's the thinking on hurler of the year at this stage? I would have thought Patrick Horgan would have been well up in the betting but 33/1 available with Boyles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

maximo31 wrote: »
    What's the thinking on hurler of the year at this stage? I would have thought Patrick Horgan would have been well up in the betting but 33/1 available with Boyles today.

Nah he's been very good but they're out now and it's usually the players that influence the semis and final that win it.
    Seamie canallan has arguably been as impressive and remains in the championship with a 50/50 chance of getting to a final.

Lee chin is a popular player and if wexford get to the final and he plays well he'll have a good chance. TJ Reid if kilkenny get to the final and play well. Limerick a little more tricky, there's a number of players there that could win it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Both current favourites, Gillane and Reid, look bad value to me at 4/1. Either would need two starring roles in last two games to win it imo. Arguably most consistent hurler of summer has been Sean Finn, hard for a corner back to win it i would imagine, but as things stand he has a decent chance at 16/1. Imagine he was a lot higher than that 4 weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Finn20/1 with Boyles. Hegarty at 22/1 to me looks best bet, having a massive year and dependable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Stuck €20 on it earlier at 33's and was into 28's shortly after!! Be sad if €20 did that!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

maximo31 wrote: »
    Stuck €20 on it earlier at 33's and was into 28's shortly after!! Be sad if €20 did that!! :o

If it was with Boyles i'm surprised it didnt go even shorter!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Cork 20's a nice price at 5/2 to beat Kerry. Were 3/1 last night. Serious full forward line for Cork and surprised they're not shorter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

hurler97 wrote: »
    Cork 20's a nice price at 5/2 to beat Kerry. Were 3/1 last night. Serious full forward line for Cork and surprised they're not shorter.

Thanks - still 3/1 on 365 - taking it for interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

4 football super 8s on the weekend, any betting opportunities guys?
    Just looking at straight & Hcap betting , I think the outsiders are plays in some of the hcaps
    Cork + 4 points evens the pick of them and fancy Kerry at 4/5 v Donegal to show their Dublin's biggest threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

LuasSimon wrote: »
    4 football super 8s on the weekend, any betting opportunities guys?
    Just looking at straight & Hcap betting , I think the outsiders are plays in some of the hcaps
    Cork + 4 points evens the pick of them and fancy Kerry at 4/5 v Donegal to show their Dublin's biggest threat.

I actually like the 11/8 on Donegal.
    Most will see it as 50/50, I see it as 60/40 Donegal, so 11/8 represents great value

Donegal, to me, seem to be further down the road in knowing what they are doing as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I think Cork have a small chance against Tyrone. The experience of playing in Croke Park last weekend will stand to them. It's fair to say the Dubs were never going to lose that match but Cork were very much still in the game with 10 mins left. They'll learn a lot from that.

I think the 7/2 for Cork to beat Tyrone is generous but for better value I've backed Dublin & Cork to qualify from Group 2 at 6/1. If they manage to get a result against Tyrone they'll be playing Roscommon at home knowing a win will be enough to qualify.

Similarly, Mayo still have a decent chance of getting through their group. If they beat Meath (and Kerry beat Donegal) then they'll have a winner takes all game in Castlebar against Donegal. Mayo will fancy themselves at home in a one-off game.

Dublin, Cork, Kerry, Mayo to qualify for the semi-finals is obviously a bit of a stretch but at 30/1 I'm happy to have a small punt for interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Nice spot .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Great Call there hurler :p

Cork actually won it fairly comprehensively in the end. (What happened to all those AI winning minor footballers from Kerry over the last few years though ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks for that - haven't had a good win in ages - glad I got the 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Great Call there hurler :p

Cork actually won it fairly comprehensively in the end. (What happened to all those AI winning minor footballers from Kerry over the last few years though ??)

Too good!! If your playing senior, you can't play u20 unless cship is over for your county or something along those lines. Clifford would be playing for example, this is the age group where he scored 4.4 against derry in the last u18 final of 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Great shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Too good!! If your playing senior, you can't play u20 unless cship is over for your county or something along those lines. Clifford would be playing for example, this is the age group where he scored 4.4 against derry in the last u18 final of 2 years ago.

Taking Clifford out of the picture, you would still imagine there would be a serious u20 team in Kerry after them winning 3 x AI minors in the last couple of years. Each panel would have 30 odd players.

Maybe you are correct ? The best underage players are now seniors already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Taking Clifford out of the picture, you would still imagine there would be a serious u20 team in Kerry after them winning 3 x AI minors in the last couple of years. Each panel would have 30 odd players.

Maybe you a correct ? The best players are now seniors.

Clifford score 2-08 in the corresponding minor fixture, and 4-04 in that AI, his absence cant be overstated. O'Donoghue is also part of hte sdenior setup and is another massive loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Same As

Current P/L for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #9406 &

Dean Rock championship top scorer (AISFC 2019)
    1pt 25-1 Paddy Power

Jennings: +51.15
    Mulvihill: -20.52

Jennings 20/7/2019

Under 43.5 points (Dublin vs Roscommon)
    5pts 5-6 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Tyrone -3 (Tyrone vs Cork)
    4pts 4-6 Betfred

No Cork goal (Tyrone vs Cork)
    2pts 2-1 BoyleSports

Tyrone to win by seven, eight or nine points (Tyrone vs Cork)
    2pts 9-2 general

Tyrone to win by 10, 11 or 12 points (Tyrone vs Cork)
    1pt 13-2 general

M Donnelly to score more than L Connolly (Tyrone vs Cork)
    2pts Evs Paddy Power

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

Dean Rock doesn't start today. Not sure why he's persisting with that hopeless bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

Two single bets today:

-2 Tyrone 8/15
    +10 Ros 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CorkeryABU

Just the 11 points lost in 1 match 😂😂😂
    Same As wrote: »
    Current P/L for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #9406 &

Dean Rock championship top scorer (AISFC 2019)
    1pt 25-1 Paddy Power

Jennings: +51.15
    Mulvihill: -20.52

Jennings 20/7/2019

Under 43.5 points (Dublin vs Roscommon)
    5pts 5-6 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Tyrone -3 (Tyrone vs Cork)
    4pts 4-6 Betfred

No Cork goal (Tyrone vs Cork)
    2pts 2-1 BoyleSports

Tyrone to win by seven, eight or nine points (Tyrone vs Cork)
    2pts 9-2 general

Tyrone to win by 10, 11 or 12 points (Tyrone vs Cork)
    1pt 13-2 general

M Donnelly to score more than L Connolly (Tyrone vs Cork)
    2pts Evs Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Jennings has lost the plot .

Why would you back no cork goal or under 43.5 in the dublin match .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

It's a pity Boyle's don't offer the fisted goal market any more, they're as common as muck this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    It's a pity Boyle's don't offer the fisted goal market any more, they're as common as muck this summer.

Le Bron McAuley an expert at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭spurshero

Karma King wrote: »
    Dean Rock doesn't start today. Not sure why he's persisting with that hopeless bet.
    He started and scores 1 goal 11 pts . How far is he behind now . It’ also means he will Defo start next match .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement