Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I had Kilkenny v Galway - D Burke @ 12/1 (Win) only got the 12/1 bit i should have got 24/1 as he scored twice.
    Does it take a few hours to update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

PopTarts wrote: »
    Shefflin to be one of RTE's Man Of The Match Nominations is 7/4

They pick 3

Good odds too!

Any chance this might come in?

Thought there was stronger out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Iarla Tannian is 1/2 to get an All Star with PP
    Surely this is a cert after he getting Man of the Match in the drawn game and he has played well all year.
    No other real stand out contenders in the midfield position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

hupskip wrote: »
    Iarla Tannian is 1/2 to get an All Star with PP
    Surely this is a cert after he getting Man of the Match in the drawn game and he has played well all year.
    No other real stand out contenders in the midfield position.

He's 1/10

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-hurling/all-star-awards?ev_oc_grp_ids=18891

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

It's local gaa championship here in donegal. Glenfin take on bundoran in the second leg game in glenfin today, glenfin have lost the first leg by 7 points and lost an earlier league game by 10 and at 5/6 with paddy power it's not to be missed

Bundoran €110.02 @ 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Alot of games on this weekend, and while looking at Ulster in particular I noticed there is great value in the Monaghan SFC final between Ballybay and Clontibret.

Clontibret are, imo, great value at 11/8. This is an experienced team who have won 4 of the last 6 Monaghan titles and haven't lost a county final since the 90s. On the other hand Ballybay are a young team in their first county final for 25 years. Clontibret are full of county players past and present, although Ballybay do have Paul Finlay in their ranks along with a few younger players who are breaking onto the Monaghan team at present.

All this being said 11/8 is far too big a price for Clontibret and I will be putting quite a bit on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Posted this on the Waterford GAA thread, De La Salle v Dungarvan in the SHC final today. DLS an experienced, well oiled machine that have "been there and done that", whereas Dungarvan are the young pretenders with 8 U21's expected to start (3 of which are still minors).
    However, DLS have stumbled through their QF by a point v Lismore and were lucky to get through their semi v Mount Sion by 4. They have been struggling of late it has to be said. Dungarvan have been solid enough all year and with the final being on in Fraher field in Dungarvan, it's basically a home game for them which is surely worth a few points in their favour. It's their first county final in 61 years so they'll be well up for it, especially in front of thousands of their own crowd.

The +6 on Dungarvan looks appealing at even money, they may not win but I don't think they'll be beaten by anymore than a few points. A very good bet IMO and I'm going to throw a few bob on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Any one have tips/bets for this weekends club games?is there any money to be made today?

Another tip I feel is good value in the Monaghan football final today is Clontibret's Conor McManus to score a goal anytime at 3/1.

This is his 5th county final in 7 years and he's scored a goal in 3 of the other 4, very much a player who rises to the occasion in a county final. If Clontibret are to win it will most likely be as a result of a rake of scores from McManus, he is by far their main scoring threat. 13/2 for first goalscorer is tempting odds aswell but this is a game I think could have a few goals so the anytime odds is the safe option, I'll probably throw a few euro on first goal aswell just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

shrewdness wrote: »
    Alot of games on this weekend, and while looking at Ulster in particular I noticed there is great value in the Monaghan SFC final between Ballybay and Clontibret.

Clontibret are, imo, great value at 11/8. This is an experienced team who have won 4 of the last 6 Monaghan titles and haven't lost a county final since the 90s. On the other hand Ballybay are a young team in their first county final for 25 years. Clontibret are full of county players past and present, although Ballybay do have Paul Finlay in their ranks along with a few younger players who are breaking onto the Monaghan team at present.

All this being said 11/8 is far too big a price for Clontibret and I will be putting quite a bit on that.

Ballybay 1-9 Clontibret 0-3. 35 minutes gone. :(

Apologies to anyone who took my advice on Clontibret, outplayed all over by a younger, hungrier team and left themselves far too much to do in the second half. The tactics were strange from the management and there was no plan b but noone can deny Ballybay deserved it. Unfortunately my other tip didn't come in either as Vinny Corey got the goals while for some reason McManus was took out to a deeper role where he couldn't do any damage.

All the same I still think they were good odds at the time and worth a go. You win some, you lose some.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cake Man wrote: »
    Posted this on the Waterford GAA thread, De La Salle v Dungarvan in the SHC final today. DLS an experienced, well oiled machine that have "been there and done that", whereas Dungarvan are the young pretenders with 8 U21's expected to start (3 of which are still minors).
    However, DLS have stumbled through their QF by a point v Lismore and were lucky to get through their semi v Mount Sion by 4. They have been struggling of late it has to be said. Dungarvan have been solid enough all year and with the final being on in Fraher field in Dungarvan, it's basically a home game for them which is surely worth a few points in their favour. It's their first county final in 61 years so they'll be well up for it, especially in front of thousands of their own crowd.

The +6 on Dungarvan looks appealing at even money, they may not win but I don't think they'll be beaten by anymore than a few points. A very good bet IMO and I'm going to throw a few bob on.

Good write up. I thought about Dungarvan +6 but went for DLS -7 at 13/10 instead. As you mentioned, DLS are the experienced team and in a final this can make the difference.
    The club finals can be very tough games to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good write up. I thought about Dungarvan +6 but went for DLS -7 at 13/10 instead. As you mentioned, DLS are the experienced team and in a final this can make the difference.
    The club finals can be very tough games to call.

Fair play Shamo, that -7 came in handy enough anyway. Apologies if anyone followed on that Dungarvan +6, they started well but DLS were just too strong and overpowered them thereafter. Experience is certainly priceless in those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No need to be apologising for tips that don't come up.

well anyone have tips for today?any good accas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pre Season tournaments start this weekend.

Any valoooo?

14:00 Cork v CIT
    1/6

12/1

4/1

14:00 Longford v Meath
    13/8

7/1

4/7

14:00 Louth v UCD
    8/11

15/2

5/4

14:00 Carlow v Dublin
    5/1

14/1

1/10

14:00 Offaly v Laois
    11/10

15/2

5/6

14:00 Westmeath v Athlone IT
    3/10

8/1

11/4

14:00 Kerry v IT Tralee
    1/20

16/1

13/2

14:00 Clare v LIT
    1/7

14/1

4/1

14:00 Wicklow v DCU
    2/1

15/2

4/9

14:00 Wexford v DIT
    5/6

15/2

11/10

14:00 Kildare v Carlow IT
    1/4

9/1

3/1

14:00 Monaghan v St Marys
    1/10

14/1

5/1

14:00 Cavan v Down
    11/10

7/1

5/6

14:00 Antrim v UUJ
    8/13

15/2

6/4

14:00 Tyrone v Derry
    2/5

15/2

9/4

14:00 Galway v NUI Galway
    2/5

8/1

9/4

14:00 Sligo IT v Sligo
    4/7

8/1

6/4

14:00 Roscommon v Leitrim
    4/9

15/2

2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Super Split

Longford look like good value. Meath are trying out a lot of new lads. Down a Division One side are 6/5 with Boyles and could be worth a bet against Cavan who are still blooding alot of new lads. Kildare at home to Carlow IT at 1/4 also stands out to me. Carlow IT have made great strides lately but I can't see it being enough to take this one. Roscommon will be eager to impress under new man John Evans and 4/9 with home advantage against Leitrim is not a bad price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Meath, westmeath, Roscommon, Wexford and Louth - threw a fiver on for interest - returns 47, wexford will probably be the dodgiest but time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Clare are reported to have a good few injuries and an outbreak of flu in the camp, so 1/7 certainly doesn't appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mjp

Galway have fairly strong side named with Paul Conroe and Michael Meehan leading the forward line. Expect them to take nuig and decent price @2/5. Westmeath look solid @3/10 against athlone it with both their star forwards dessie Dolan and Denis glen non starting. Adding in cork and Kildare pays over even money for solid looking bet to get the season going. No huge movers in the markets surprisingly enough this weekend but will probably see more in next 2 weeks when some of the colleges focusing more on sigerson and teams with less to play for

Results of the day

Sunday 6 January
    O’Byrne Cup SF round 1
    Longford 1-07 1-09 Meath, Ballymahon FT
    Louth 2-15 1-13 UCD, Drogheda FT
    Carlow 1-12 3-13 Dublin, Carlow FT
    Wicklow 1-12 2-09 DCU, Greystones FT
    Offaly 1-11 1-08 Laois, Tullamore FT
    Westmeath 1-22 0-13 AIT, Athlone FT
    Wexford 1-11 1-15 DIT, Enniscorthy FT
    Kildare 1-13 0-07 Carlow IT, Newbridge FT

McKenna Cup SF round 1
    Monaghan 1-13 2-07 St Mary’s, Clones FT
    Cavan 0-12 1-11 Down, Kingspan Breffni Park FT
    UUJ 2-09 1-15 Antrim, Casement Park FT
    Tyrone 0-12 0-13 Derry, Healy Park, 2pm

FBD FL round 1
    NUIG 0-06 0-15 Galway, Pearse Stadium FT
    Sligo 0-14 0-05 Sligo IT, Kent Park FT
    Roscommon 0-05 0-06 Leitrim, Elphin FT

McGrath Cup SF Preliminary Round
    Clare 1-19 1-02 LIT, Miltown-Malbay FT
    Cork 1-15 0-11 CIT, Cork IT FT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Longford look like good value. Meath are trying out a lot of new lads. Down a Division One side are 6/5 with Boyles and could be worth a bet against Cavan who are still blooding alot of new lads. Kildare at home to Carlow IT at 1/4 also stands out to me. Carlow IT have made great strides lately but I can't see it being enough to take this one. Roscommon will be eager to impress under new man John Evans and 4/9 with home advantage against Leitrim is not a bad price.

Great call on Down, I followed you there with a single and also a double with Sligo who were evens - both with Boyles, some difference in the price offered by Boyles on Down @ 5/4 whereas with PP they were 8/13 - great spot, it saved my day as the soccer was a disaster ( feckin Italian league)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

KevIRL wrote: »
    Results of the day

Sunday 6 January
    O’Byrne Cup SF round 1
    Longford 1-07 1-09 Meath, Ballymahon FT
    Louth 2-15 1-13 UCD, Drogheda FT
    Carlow 1-12 3-13 Dublin, Carlow FT
    Wicklow 1-12 2-09 DCU, Greystones FT
    Offaly 1-11 1-08 Laois, Tullamore FT
    Westmeath 1-22 0-13 AIT, Athlone FT
    Wexford 1-11 1-15 DIT, Enniscorthy FT
    Kildare 1-13 0-07 Carlow IT, Newbridge FT

McKenna Cup SF round 1
    Monaghan 1-13 2-07 St Mary’s, Clones FT
    Cavan 0-12 1-11 Down, Kingspan Breffni Park FT
    UUJ 2-09 1-15 Antrim, Casement Park FT
    Tyrone 0-12 0-13 Derry, Healy Park, 2pm

FBD FL round 1
    NUIG 0-06 0-15 Galway, Pearse Stadium FT
    Sligo 0-14 0-05 Sligo IT, Kent Park FT
    Roscommon 0-05 0-06 Leitrim, Elphin FT

McGrath Cup SF Preliminary Round
    Clare 1-19 1-02 LIT, Miltown-Malbay FT
    Cork 1-15 0-11 CIT, Cork IT FT

Tyrone 1-14 0-15 Derry

Meath, westmeath, Roscommon, Wexford and Louth - threw a fiver on for interest - returns 47, wexford will probably be the dodgiest but time will tell.

Wexford were indeed the dodgiest but I am surprised the Rossies lost at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Super Split

Radonman wrote: »
    Great call on Down, I followed you there with a single and also a double with Sligo who were evens - both with Boyles, some difference in the price offered by Boyles on Down @ 5/4 whereas with PP they were 8/13 - great spot, it saved my day as the soccer was a disaster ( feckin Italian league)

Sligo were a steal at even money. When I seen the team Sligo IT had out there was only going to be one winner but it was too late to get a bet on. Down did the business alright, missing a good few regulars. Rossies let my accum down. Surprising result but there are always one or two at this stage of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

Have gone Dublin, Kildare, Wexford, Offaly and Fermanagh.
    €10 stake returns €57.04 with PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Are Donegal fielding a weakend team?

Going big on loais to beat Westmeath, the price has plummeted since loais announced team.

leedslad wrote: »
    Have gone Dublin, Kildare, Wexford, Offaly and Fermanagh.
    €10 stake returns €57.04 with PP

What story with Donegal?

• Advertisement

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Going big on loais to beat Westmeath, the price has plummeted since loais announced team.

Yea Laois look strong, what are Westmeath like?

full midweek prices

Midweek prices

9th Jan 2013
    19:30 Meath v Louth
    8/13

15/2

6/4

19:30 Longford v UCD
    4/5

15/2

11/10

19:30 Dublin v DCU
    4/11

15/2

5/2

19:30 Wicklow v Carlow
    8/15

15/2

7/4

19:30 Laois v Westmeath
    4/6

15/2

11/8

19:30 Offaly v Athlone IT
    1/10

14/1

5/1

19:30 Wexford v Carlow IT
    8/13

15/2

6/4

19:30 Kildare v DIT
    2/9

9/1

7/2

19:30 Fermanagh v Donegal
    2/5

15/2

9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Trying to seek out some value and I seriously think Carlow are over priced to beat Wicklow at 11/5.

Donegal will play a largely reserve squad as the panel that won the All-Ireland title have only returned from holiday in Dubai

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Trying to seek out some value and I seriously think Carlow are over priced to beat Wicklow at 11/5.

Carlow backed into 1/2 today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

KevIRL wrote: »
    Carlow backed into 1/2 today :eek:

still 10/11 on bet365

Wexford losing to Carlow IT...the mind boggles - properly fúcked up 2 accums!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

carlow and laois oblige. money talked here.. both very well backed before the off as kev informed us.. well done kid.(ive treble combined with.....wait for it..... aston 2-0 in wbdo...)thats womens darts .oh why oh why i hear you cry...

Wexford GggRrr

Thank you Carlow glad i got on at the price i did just wish i had the balls to double them up with Laois before their value disappeared. Still happy enough with my pick. Whats peoples thoughts on the Meath game tomorrow night?

• Advertisement

Wexford losing to Carlow IT...the mind boggles - properly fúcked up 2 accums!

i hear ya man ....wexford screwed me tonight, ragin!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

i hear ya man ....wexford screwed me tonight, ragin!

Yeah, got shafted by Wexford too

meath or louth tonight?

Meath for me and I reckon they will win by about 5 - depending on teams of course.

Meath -3 at 15/8 looks nice I think.

Meath for me and I reckon they will win by about 5 - depending on teams of course.

Meath -3 at 15/8 looks nice I think.

cant find teams online, going to stay away, cant see enough value

cant find teams online, going to stay away, cant see enough value

Meath and Louth:
    Meath Team: Paddy O’Rourke; David Dalton, Caoimhín King, Sean Curran; Cormac Rowe, Eoghan Harrington, Stephen Crosby; Conor Gillespie, Joe Sheridan; Mark Collins, Damien Carroll, Darragh McNamara; Dalton McDonagh, Peadar Byrne, Brian Sheridan.
    Louth (O’Byrne Cup v Meath): Neil Gallagher; John Bingham, Bernard Mulligan, Padraig Rath; Gerard Hoey, Liam Shevlin, Adrian Reid; Dessie Finnegan, James Califf; Andy McDonnell, Mark Brennan, Brian White; Eoin O’Connor, Jim McEneaney, David Reid.

http://sportsnewsireland.com/live-scores/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I backed Louth.

louth looking good at the moment

louth looking good at the moment

They sure are 0-02 v 0-08 at ht

Meath have had loads of chances but have been extremely wasteful.

Meath as high as 8/1 to win from here.

• Advertisement

They sure are 0-02 v 0-08 at ht

Meath have had loads of chances but have been extremely wasteful.

Meath as high as 8/1 to win from here.

you at the sham?
    any chance of a comeback?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement