Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KevIRL wrote: »
    Where did you get this bet?

Bet365 under the "First Goal and Result" market. I'm quite fond of the "No Goal" bet in hurling and reckon it'll be tight tomorrow, so why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Bets for tomorrow

Canning Anytime GoalScorer Evens

Galway -4.5 and Clare -1.5 10/3

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Not GAA but holland to qualify from group B could be a bit of value at 6/1.i think germany should beat denmark and holland should beat portugal.thoughts anyone?

Not GAA but holland to qualify from group B could be a bit of value at 6/1.i think germany should beat denmark and holland should beat portugal.thoughts anyone?

They have to win by 2 as far as I'm aware though. 6/1 seems about right for a Holland -1 double and Germany to win.

In fact, a Holland -1 and Germany win double works out at over 7/1.

m9rjz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Con1110 wrote: »
    Bets for tomorrow

Galway -4.5 and Clare -1.5 10/3

On Canning too

2 Singles
    Kildare Over 1.5 Goals 5/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

magherakid wrote: »
    On Canning too

2 Singles
    Kildare Over 1.5 Goals 5/4

On the Canning express too - I also picked out Kildare over 1.5 @ 5/4, they have achieve that in 4 of their 5 last games and the one they failed to achieve it in was against Tyrone.
    Offaly under 11.5 points @ 4/5 PP - They averaged 11 in a league below Kildare against weaker opposition plus that exactly what Tyrone scored against them and Offally are no Tyrone
    Offaly to score no goal @ 5/6 Lads - just a punt really, Kildare may be just too strong for them at the back espically with offaly starting with 4 newcomers - Handicap is a bit large @ -9 but gonna take a small bit of -8 @ 4/5 with paddys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Radonman wrote: »
    On the Canning express too
    aye hope its a Joe Show today
    wrote:
    Offaly to score no goal @ 5/6 Lads - just a punt really, Kildare may be just too strong for them at the back espically with offaly starting with 4 newcomers

Agree that I don't see Offaly scoring goal but I expect Kildare to get a goal so I went for Teams To Score Goal: Kildare Only @ 11/8
    *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Cheeky fiver on No Goals and a Draw in the Waterford Clare game tomorrow. 100/1
    Is this on pp cant find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Offaly under 11.5
    Kildare over 1.5 goals

2 singles

It's not on PP as far as I can see, no. Just Bet365.

• Advertisement

Think Canning was about the only player not to get a goal in that game, serious goalfest.

On the Canning express:( too - I also picked out Kildare over 1.5 @ 5/4:(, they have achieve that in 4 of their 5 last games and the one they failed to achieve it in was against Tyrone.
    Offaly under 11.5 points @ 4/5:D PP - They averaged 11 in a league below Kildare against weaker opposition plus that exactly what Tyrone scored against them and Offally are no Tyrone
    Offaly to score no goal @ 5/6 :DLads - just a punt really, Kildare may be just too strong for them at the back espically with offaly starting with 4 newcomers - Handicap is a bit large @ -9 but gonna take a small bit of -8 @ 4/5 with paddys:D

3/5 - ill take that - how Kildare did not score at least one is a miracle, denied a stonewall peno too and for Caning not to score one of Galways 5!!!! now id like odds on that (he did not look match fit tbh and looked like he was a half pace)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KK v Dublin at Portlaoise. I think that Dublin could give KK a right old rattle here, KK are a bit more vunerable outside of the wide open spaces of Croker, also Dublin's physicality is up there with KK and they have finally gotten a goalscoring threat. Just how serious Cody is taking them is shown by him recalling King Henry. Dublin are +6 on the handicap (5/6) and I'll be taking this, also like +3 in the alternative handicap (7/4). Even think the 4/1 price on the win is on the big side, so worth a small bet for that

Cork v Tipp. This is on in Cork, which is a good advantage for Cork, however Tipp have a game behind them and that will have helped them a lot. They have a lot of strength in depth also, I'd fancy them to take it in the end, pulling away in the second part of the second half. They are -1 in the handicap (10/11) and will be snapping this up, also a bit on -3 (6/4) in the alt handicap

Of the other 2 games, its very hard to see any upsets, but Westmeath could get closer to Wexford than the handicap suggests. So Westmeath +9 (5/6) and perhaps +6 (9/5) on the alt handicap. Limerick and Laois is a no bet. Limerick can be notoriosly unreliable in the qualifiers, and wouldnt be too confident of them in a 14 points spread even against a Laois team in bits at senior (although showing some shoots of recovery at u-21).

The bad weather expected this weekend could narrow the scoring in any of the games above also, worth bearing in mind if backing the fav on a big handicap.

Finally, a note to point out how crazy it is and unfair that Westmeath and Laois play in the preliminary round of the qualifiers while the teams they beat in Leinster (Antrim and Carlow) get a bye to round 1. Nuts.

KevIRL wrote: »
    KK v Dublin at Portlaoise. I think that Dublin could give KK a right old rattle here, KK are a bit more vunerable outside of the wide open spaces of Croker, also Dublin's physicality is up there with KK and they have finally gotten a goalscoring threat. Just how serious Cody is taking them is shown by him recalling King Henry. Dublin are +6 on the handicap (5/6) and I'll be taking this, also like +3 in the alternative handicap (7/4). Even think the 4/1 price on the win is on the big side, so worth a small bet for that

Cork v Tipp. This is on in Cork, which is a good advantage for Cork, however Tipp have a game behind them and that will have helped them a lot. They have a lot of strength in depth also, I'd fancy them to take it in the end, pulling away in the second part of the second half. They are -1 in the handicap (10/11) and will be snapping this up, also a bit on -3 (6/4) in the alt handicap

Of the other 2 games, its very hard to see any upsets, but Westmeath could get closer to Wexford than the handicap suggests. So Westmeath +9 (5/6) and perhaps +6 (9/5) on the alt handicap. Limerick and Laois is a no bet. Limerick can be notoriosly unreliable in the qualifiers, and wouldnt be too confident of them in a 14 points spread even against a Laois team in bits at senior (although showing some shoots of recovery at u-21).

The bad weather expected this weekend could narrow the scoring in any of the games above also, worth bearing in mind if backing the fav on a big handicap.

Finally, a note to point out how crazy it is and unfair that Westmeath and Laois play in the preliminary round of the qualifiers while the teams they beat in Leinster (Antrim and Carlow) get a bye to round 1. Nuts.
    Mayo +11 is a big enough handicap,they should win handy though

Gonna stay away from the Killkenny / Dublin game today - i want to enjoy it but for me i'm concentrating on the other two hurling games and i'm going for goals in these games
    Limerick v Laois - Limerick will hammer Laois but gonna wait till closer throw in to bet on the Handicap (-14 @ 11/10 PP) cos if the weathers bad it will come down, regardless i'm doing Limerick over 2.5 goals @ 6/5 and the game over 3.5 @ evens both with PP (only prices available atm) but ill be checking elsewhere - Also S Tobin anytime and Limerick to win @ 8/5
    Wexford v Westmeath - This game really depends on which Westmeah team turns up so i'm staying away from the handicap. Westmeath are no strangers to scoring goals (just ask Galway) so over 3.5 game goals @ 6/5 and R Jacob anytime goal @ 17/10 looks great value for a proven scorer
    Looking a bit futher at the Killkenny / Dublin game i like Kilkenny to score over 1.5 goals @ 8/11 so ill probably put it in an accum with the other goals totals from above (lim over 2.5, wex game over 3.5)
    Any feedback would be great as it's a kinda hard weekend to predict:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Kilkenny bet in after 26mins :)

Went for large singles on:
    Kilkenny over 1.5 goals 8/11
    Limerick over 2.5 goals 6/5

MikeyGorse wrote: »

Went for large singles on:
    Kilkenny over 1.5 goals 8/11

Sure I had all the winners at Ascot today in an accum, easy game this eh?:D

I do like the Limerick goals bet mind, will have some of that myself.

Urrrgh, way off on my own thoughts in the Dublin match, very disappointing and surprising performance from Dublin.

Think i'll put a few more euro on Limerick,looks a great bet.

Think i'll put a few more euro on Limerick,looks a great bet.

Yea, wish all bets were that easy :D, I took Limerick (-14) @ 11/10 in PP earlier its in to (-15) @ even now so hopefully thats a good sign

Regarding the Wexfod / Westmeath game the conditions may suit Wesmeaths style of play cos the lump high balls to the edge of the square and are strong down the middle so i'm gonna take Westmeath over 0.5 goals @ 13/8 - great value imo, goals can come at any time in hurling and they did score 4 against Galway (only thing thats stopping me going large is that the game is at Wexford park)

SORRY, Sorry, Sorry -" Westmeath over 0.5 goals @ 13/8" read it wrong that for over 1.5 goals - thats a no bet for me

Come on Limerick,1 more goal please :)

• Advertisement

Come on Limerick,1 more goal please :)

Limerick just had a pen saved

2 goals at the start of the second half for Wexford and they are thumping Westmeath. 3-14 to 0-5

Westmeath get the 2 required goals anyway. 3-17 to 2-7 in that one, 2-16 to 0-8 in the Lim game

3rd goal for Limerick :)

Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭jack747

Gonna stay away from the Killkenny / Dublin game today - i want to enjoy it but for me i'm concentrating on the other two hurling games and i'm going for goals in these games
    Limerick v Laois - Limerick will hammer Laois but gonna wait till closer throw in to bet on the Handicap (-14 @ 11/10 PP) cos if the weathers bad it will come down, regardless i'm doing Limerick over 2.5 goals @ 6/5 and the game over 3.5 @ evens both with PP (only prices available atm) but ill be checking elsewhere - Also S Tobin anytime and Limerick to win @ 8/5
    Wexford v Westmeath - This game really depends on which Westmeah team turns up so i'm staying away from the handicap. Westmeath are no strangers to scoring goals (just ask Galway) so over 3.5 game goals @ 6/5 and R Jacob anytime goal @ 17/10 looks great value for a proven scorer
    Looking a bit futher at the Killkenny / Dublin game i like Kilkenny to score over 1.5 goals @ 8/11 so ill probably put it in an accum with the other goals totals from above (lim over 2.5, wex game over 3.5)

sound man radonman got on your overs tips,good stuff!

Anything for tomorrow lads?

Tipp over 1.5 goals @ 8/11 looks tempting.

Limerick v Laois - Limerick will hammer Laois but gonna wait till closer throw in to bet on the Handicap (-14 @ 11/10 PP):D cos if the weathers bad it will come down, regardless i'm doing Limerick over 2.5 goals @ 6/5 :Dand the game over 3.5 @ evens :Dboth with PP (only prices available atm) but ill be checking elsewhere - Also S Tobin anytime and Limerick to win @ 8/5:(
    Wexford v Westmeath - This game really depends on which Westmeah team turns up so i'm staying away from the handicap. Westmeath are no strangers to scoring goals (just ask Galway) so over 3.5 game goals:D @ 6/5 and R Jacob anytime goal @ 17/10:D looks great value for a proven scorer
    Looking a bit futher at the Killkenny / Dublin game i like Kilkenny to score over 1.5 goals @ 8/11 :Dso ill probably put it in an accum with the other goals totals from above (lim over 2.5, wex game over 3.5):D

Kinda hard weekend to predict!!!!! lol 7 from 8:eek: i wish there could be GAA on everyday - totally cleaned up:D:D also did several other in plays that won in the Wexford game :D- looking at tomorrow i fancy Mayo over 1.5 goals @ 5/4 and gonna check the unders in the Down game but gonna hold fire till tomorrow as a bit more research is needed plus the weather is a major factor in the GAA

Anything for tomorrow lads?

Tipp over 1.5 goals @ 8/11 looks tempting.

dunno about that, Cork conceed 6/6 in the league and Tipp scored 5/6 plus both Cork and Tipp like to pick off their points, looks to me like a 1-20 to 1-21 game but to who i dunno:D all bets are off if Lar is starting though, there a different team with him in it

• Advertisement

Limerick v Laois - Limerick will hammer Laois but gonna wait till closer throw in to bet on the Handicap (-14 @ 11/10 PP):D cos if the weathers bad it will come down, regardless i'm doing Limerick over 2.5 goals @ 6/5 :Dand the game over 3.5 @ evens :Dboth with PP (only prices available atm) but ill be checking elsewhere - Also S Tobin anytime and Limerick to win @ 8/5:(
    Wexford v Westmeath - This game really depends on which Westmeah team turns up so i'm staying away from the handicap. Westmeath are no strangers to scoring goals (just ask Galway) so over 3.5 game goals:D @ 6/5 and R Jacob anytime goal @ 17/10:D looks great value for a proven scorer
    Looking a bit futher at the Killkenny / Dublin game i like Kilkenny to score over 1.5 goals @ 8/11 :Dso ill probably put it in an accum with the other goals totals from above (lim over 2.5, wex game over 3.5):D

Kinda hard weekend to predict!!!!! lol 7 from 8:eek: i wish there could be GAA on everyday - totally cleaned up:D:D also did several other in plays that won in the Wexford game :D- looking at tomorrow i fancy Mayo over 1.5 goals @ 5/4 and gonna check the unders in the Down game but gonna hold fire till tomorrow as a bit more research is needed plus the weather is a major factor in the GAA
    Im following you from now on!thought i was on to a good thing with dublin at 4/1 really disapointed they didnt put up a better fight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement