Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

I'm no expert on the GAA so any feedback here would be great. Two bets I'v been considering, how would any of you GAA fans consider my chances on the following?

Cork v Tipp - Tipp over 1.5 goals 8/11

Cork v Tipp - 49 points or more EVS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Some Help Please

KingK wrote: »
    I'm no expert on the GAA so any feedback here would be great. Two bets I'v been considering, how would any of you GAA fans consider my chances on the following?

Cork v Tipp - Tipp over 1.5 goals 8/11

Cork v Tipp - 49 points or more EVS

KingK wait to see the weather first.

Adverse conditions will probably lower the scoring.

Radonman wrote: »
    Kinda hard weekend to predict!!!!! lol 7 from 8:eek: i wish there could be GAA on everyday - totally cleaned up:D:D also did several other in plays that won in the Wexford game :D- looking at tomorrow i fancy Mayo over 1.5 goals @ 5/4 and gonna check the unders in the Down game but gonna hold fire till tomorrow as a bit more research is needed plus the weather is a major factor in the GAA

Great post and predictions.

I will be keeping an eye out for any of your future posts!

6-5 Mayo only with PP in the To Score a Goal Market is the best bet I can find so far for today.

You would have to think there is a great chance that Mayo will get at least 1 goal and keep a clean sheet. As stake cover you can back both teams to score at least 1goal apiece at 9-5.

Using half your stake on Mayo only you cover yourself. Highly doubtful that there will be no goals or that only Leitrim will score them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Well done Radonman great picking

2 Singles
    Down -2 6/5
    Tipperary -1 10/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

stanjames have wicklow up at 3/1 to beat waterford next weekend. now this is obviously a mistake and the odds are really supposed to be 1/3 in accordance with the prices of other bookies. however i was wondering would they be entitled to pay out at the higher odds should they be backed at 3/1 and the bet comes in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

paul08 wrote: »
    stanjames have wicklow up at 3/1 to beat waterford next weekend. now this is obviously a mistake and the odds are really supposed to be 1/3 in accordance with the prices of other bookies. however i was wondering would they be entitled to pay out at the higher odds should they be backed at 3/1 and the bet comes in

No. It's a palpable error, they won't pay out, nor should they. Don't make this bet as it will put your account on the fast track to getting closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

You'll be paid out but at the correct odds, so instead of say putting on 300 and getting 1200 back you'll just get 400 back.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    You'll be paid out but at the correct odds, so instead of say putting on 300 and getting 1200 back you'll just get 400 back.

Can't remember having had a palp with SJ before, but at least some of the books will void a bet if they spot the error far enough in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Its 1/3 now anyway.

• Advertisement

6-5 Mayo only with PP in the To Score a Goal Market is the best bet I can find so far for today.

You would have to think there is a great chance that Mayo will get at least 1 goal and keep a clean sheet. As stake cover you can back both teams to score at least 1goal apiece at 9-5.

Using half your stake on Mayo only you cover yourself. Highly doubtful that there will be no goals or that only Leitrim will score them.

Winner alright. It's an interesting market I hadn't seen before and will look out for in the future particularly for both teams to score a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Just looking at the likely All Ireland winners and I see Donegal are at 10's generally (14's with William Hill but ive no account there), now first things first they were @ 12's before the weekend therefore there must be some money going on them but at 10's i think there well worth a small punt. I was very impressed in how they dismantled Derry, plus with what i read about their tactice and training methods and i fully expect them to beat Tyrone there for the price will drop - as previously posted here i'm already on Cork @ 11/2 but after what i read and saw i would put Donegal ahead of them

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Like the look of M Murphy under 4.5 pts 8/11. He'll line out at full forward but drop deep towards the midfield. He will get a few frees but unlikely to get much joy from open play. Also P McBrearty is 5/6 for over 1.5 pts which is tempting. He's one of the up and coming star in GAA and should be one of the furtherest forward of the donegal players.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

anyone heard that louth had to cancel a training session because only 4 players turned up?? I read it here http://gamblerfalls.com/gaa-weekend-preview-30th-of-june/ seemed keen on louth price before finding out. clearly the bookmakers know something.

anyone heard that louth had to cancel a training session because only 4 players turned up?? I read it here http://gamblerfalls.com/gaa-weekend-preview-30th-of-june/ seemed keen on louth price before finding out. clearly the bookmakers know something.

What i do konw is that Half the Louth panel are abroad having left in the aftermath of the Dublin game incl all thier midfielders that were on the panel (either gone of injured) and Westmeaths main attacker John Hessin has declared fit after key hole surgery (how fit i dont know) they will also be missing Capt Gary Connaughton (Boston)but ill def be having a piece of Westmeath @ 10/11 (-2) with Bet 365 remember it was a list minute goal that earned Louth a victory the last time they met earlier this season - could be a dodgy game though with two teams not really wanting to be there:confused:

Oh and yes louth did have to cancel a training session due to Emigration and injuries

What i do konw is that Half the Louth panel are abroad having left in the aftermath of the Dublin game incl all thier midfielders that were on the panel (either gone of injured) and Westmeaths main attacker John Hessin has declared fit after key hole surgery (how fit i dont know) they will also be missing Capt Gary Connaughton (Boston)but ill def be having a piece of Westmeath @ 10/11 (-2) with Bet 365 remember it was a list minute goal that earned Louth a victory the last time they met earlier this season - could be a dodgy game though with two teams not really wanting to be there:confused:

Oh and yes louth did have to cancel a training session due to Emigration and injuries

Dessie Dolan is gone as well. Or is he still around for this match?

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Dessie Dolan is gone as well. Or is he still around for this match?

He did not play at all this season with the county - just with his club, i think hes gone abroad too

In the early game today London v Antrim, you have 3rd division Antrim who have average over a goal a game against 4th division London who were beaten by Leitrim who were hammered by Mayo therefore it Antrim for me to score over 1.5 goals @ 12/5 ladbrooks and a bit on the game over 1.5 goals @ 10/11 with paddys

Double of Antrim (-4) @ 11/10 and Wicklow (-2) @ 1/2

May do another bet in play on the handicap in the London game as they usually start well

He did not play at all this season with the county - just with his club, i think hes gone abroad too

Yeah he's gone abroad too. Reported in Westmeath as if they were losing their star forward for the summer though:confused:

Westmeath, Antrim, Wicklow & Tipperary 3/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Tipperary and over 1.5 goals in dub/wexford @ around 6/5.

• Advertisement

It's true yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Donegal & Derry double for me

On the goals again in the two hurling games today
    Limerick v Antrim
    Limerick over 2.5 goals @ evens
    Breen to score a goal anytime @ 7/4 (he scored last week and played the full game)
    L Watson anytime @ 15/8 too high for a class foward and free taker
    Wexford v Carlow
    Wexford over 2.5 goals @ 4/5
    Wexford over 3.5 goals @ 15/8
    Lyng to score a goal anytime @ evens - freetaker and plays the full game

Double of over 3.5 goals in each both games at 4/5 each

More confident of the Wexford game tbh but gonna ride my luck here:o

Limerick goals over 2.5 Evs
    In the 5 meetings between Limerick and Antrim, Limerick have scored 21 goals and conceded 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

magherakid wrote: »
    In the 5 meetings between Limerick and Antrim, Limerick have scored 21 goals and conceded 3

Also in good goalscoring form after putting 6 past Laois.

4 goals for Limerick after 11 mins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

4 goals already great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Thanks for the tip Radonman

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭jack747

my god 5 goals in the limerick game allready,absolutely smashed it...weldone radonman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Waterford 12/5 and leading by 3, can wicklow come back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement