Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I saw a post elsewhere for the Munster football final Cork to be the only goalscorers
    is 6/5 with PP .

Anyone think its a good bet?

PP also has cork 5/6 to score over 1.5 goals. A better bet IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A sort of hurling preview of this weekend.

Clare v Dublin.
    This one is a bit of a humdinger. Dublin have only won 2 competitive games since losing last years Leinster hurling final. One of which was against a hapless Laois side. However they played well in this years league, could consider themselves unlucky to be relegated, then they completely fell flat against KK last time out. when many (including myself) thought they would put it up to the cats, Keaney missing as well. A lot will depend for them on the first 15 mins I reckon. On the other side you have Clare with the massive advantage of playing at home, Cusack Park is never an easy place to visit and they will be out to put in a big performance. Will Davy's short passing, possesion philosophy pay off? A big factor in the outcome of this game will be how the resepective managers have the teams ready mentally for the game, I felt last time out Daly had the Dublin lads overhyped which resulted in a lot of silly frees.

Betting wise I think its simply too close to call. It could very well be low scoring and I'll probably take the under 42.5pts (10/11). Couple of Dublin players points that I think are worth taking for over 1.5pts - Danny Sutcliffe (4/7) and Liam Rushe (8/13). If I absolutely had to take a position on the handicap I'd go with Clare +1 but reluctantly

Cork v Offaly
    Taking a bit of a risk here given how results have gone thus far this year in the hurling qualifiers. The heavy favourites have won handily each time. However I think that in this game Offaly +8 @ 11/10 is a cracking bet. Offaly have something of a tradition of bouncing back from heavy defeats in Leinster with a strong performance in the qualifiers and I think they will be no pushovers here. It will be hard for Cork to pick up the same level of intensity as they had v Tipp in what was effectively the Munster Final. I still fancy Cork to win it, and make the semi finals at least, however am liking the handicap head start for Offaly here. One thats worth a punt on here is No Cork Goals @ 13/2. They are v good at knocking over points and often quite happy to 'take the points and let the goals look after themselves' as the saying goes. Worth a small bet imo

Kilkenny v Galway

Am gonna head up to this as an interested nuetral. Has the potential to be a great game. The key to it being anyway close going into the final quarter is if Galway can somehow stop KK from their usual efforts to kill the game off early on by banging in a couple of goals in quick succession. How many times have we seen them do this and effectively end the game as a contest by HT. This would be a big worry for Galway considering the goals already conceded v Westmeath (4) and Offaly (3). On the plus side for them, they are raising plenty of green flags. Can they exploit Noel Hickey at full back though? He's back in with JJ Delaney injured.

Gonna go with Galway +7 @ 10/11 in the handicap. Opposing KK in any form is a mugs game, but here I go again. I think Galway will put up a much better showing than Dublin did and be competitive here. Perhaps I'm wishing this though

In the football I'm gonna take Cork only team to score a goal (6/5) and join the Kerry minor backers @ 5/2

Should be a good weekends hurling, am disappointed that both qualifiers arent live on TV, pretty idiotic decision from the GAA to only allow one qualifier match per round to be shown. These are knock out games and would be great to be able to see both, especially considering that most provincial semi finals (and quarter finals in football) end up being shown and these are no longer do or die matches for the teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Have done my usual ridiculous 125/1 bet on No Goals and a Draw in the Clare Dublin game this evening. Dublin have a pretty poor goal return in Championship hurling over the years and can see this one being tight as a <insert witty simile here>.

Should be a cracking game and hopefully a great atmosphere.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Have done my usual ridiculous 125/1 bet on No Goals and a Draw in the Clare Dublin game this evening. Dublin have a pretty poor goal return in Championship hurling over the years and can see this one being tight as a <insert witty simile here>.

You heading down MRJS? Could be v close alright, and I think low scoring enough, that bet might not be so ridiculous by the end of the match.

I'm still convinced these bets are great value. Could certainly imagine that happening more than once if you played the match 125 times over.

Heading down this afternoon, yeah. Meeting up with Clareman for a pint afterwards, but might make it champagne if this bet comes in! Back up to Dublin tomorrow for the two Leinster finals, hopefully two Dublin victories this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

32 points or less in the cork clare game is 15/8.Cork should win handy enough and keep clare to a low score at the same time,plus the weather might keep it low scoring if the pitch is in sh!te

I'd be slow enough to take that bet myself, no doubt it could come in and it is a big total but Cork (unlike Kerry:() tend to put teams to the sword goal wise when they get a chance - they could easily run in 4 or 5 here and no one would bat an eyelid. I'm gonna go fairly big on over 1.5 Cork goals as discussed earlier and Kerrigan anytime goalscorer @ 5/2. Careful on anyone betting on the Kerry Minors, most down here thinks there will loose, plus they still have the back door and will play the Connaught Champions probably Galway and they dont fear them (so i'm told).
    Cant get away from the Duds today v Clare - a big strong Dubln team against a Clare team who likes to run the ball - only one winner here so an Accum
    Dublin to win @ 5/6
    Cork footballers over 1.5 goals @ 5/6
    Cork hurlers (-8) @ 5/6

Anyone know anything about the Dublin Minor Hurler, they already have beaten Kilkenny and they play Wexford (who beat Laois) - Dublin @ (-3) evens looks attractive - anyone??

Tipp minors @ 1/2 / Meath minors @ 4/11 - double
    Tipp minors (-2) @ evens / Meath Minors (-3) @ evens - double

Single on Meath minors (-3) @ evens

PP running scared they have removed the N O'Connell over 3.5 points @ 11/10 market since 4 today and not giving out prices on him by phone :rolleyes: Typical!!! Hope there right though

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Not looking so ridiculous with 20 minutes left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Hon The Banner,delira!!

• Advertisement

loremolis wrote: »
    Not looking so ridiculous with 20 minutes left.

Tell me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christymac

Who is Cork's free taker?? Lookin to do a player to score over a certain number of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

2 singles
    Cork goals over 1.5 5/6
    R Power to score a goal 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Kilkenny over 1.5 @ 1/2
    Cork over 1.5 @ 5/6

€12 double

christymac wrote: »
    Who is Cork's free taker?? Lookin to do a player to score over a certain number of points.

Against Kerry it was Donncha O'Connor and O'Neill, split between the two of them.

christymac wrote: »
    They use two free takers, D O'Connor and Colm O'Neill
    Kilkenny over 1.5 goals @ 1/2 and over 2.5 @ 6/4
    I'm on the Cork goals band wagon too plus double of Kilkenny over 1.5 and Cork over 1.5
    @ christymac - if I was betting on any of those two cork players on points total I'd do D O'Connor as he takes the peno's and I more of a goal threat

Go on the early Cork goal

Wow 2 goals already - bookies a bit sore after that

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

niall burke over 1.5 points @ 6/5 gonna have a small cut on this. he put up some big scores in the league through frees and from play. now i know canning will be taking frees today but should he get injured/have an off day burke may be asked to take a few. allied to this he has put up scores before in minor all-irelands and the like so the croke park factor will not be too much of an issue for him despite being a young lad. overall feel the line is a little low and i reckon 4/5 or 5/6 would be fairer indication

came in after 4 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Kilkenny over 1.5 @ 1/2
    Cork over 1.5 @ 5/6

€12 double

The Kilkenny part of the bet comes in and they still lost, happy days! Pity the same couldn't be said for Cork :D

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    A sort of hurling preview of this weekend.

Clare v Dublin.
    This one is a bit of a humdinger. Dublin have only won 2 competitive games since losing last years Leinster hurling final. One of which was against a hapless Laois side. However they played well in this years league, could consider themselves unlucky to be relegated, then they completely fell flat against KK last time out. when many (including myself) thought they would put it up to the cats, Keaney missing as well. A lot will depend for them on the first 15 mins I reckon. On the other side you have Clare with the massive advantage of playing at home, Cusack Park is never an easy place to visit and they will be out to put in a big performance. Will Davy's short passing, possesion philosophy pay off? A big factor in the outcome of this game will be how the resepective managers have the teams ready mentally for the game, I felt last time out Daly had the Dublin lads overhyped which resulted in a lot of silly frees.

Betting wise I think its simply too close to call. It could very well be low scoring and I'll probably take the under 42.5pts (10/11). Couple of Dublin players points that I think are worth taking for over 1.5pts - Danny Sutcliffe (4/7) and Liam Rushe (8/13). If I absolutely had to take a position on the handicap I'd go with Clare +1 but reluctantly

Cork v Offaly
    Taking a bit of a risk here given how results have gone thus far this year in the hurling qualifiers. The heavy favourites have won handily each time. However I think that in this game Offaly +8 @ 11/10 is a cracking bet. Offaly have something of a tradition of bouncing back from heavy defeats in Leinster with a strong performance in the qualifiers and I think they will be no pushovers here. It will be hard for Cork to pick up the same level of intensity as they had v Tipp in what was effectively the Munster Final. I still fancy Cork to win it, and make the semi finals at least, however am liking the handicap head start for Offaly here. One thats worth a punt on here is No Cork Goals @ 13/2. They are v good at knocking over points and often quite happy to 'take the points and let the goals look after themselves' as the saying goes. Worth a small bet imo

Kilkenny v Galway

Am gonna head up to this as an interested nuetral. Has the potential to be a great game. The key to it being anyway close going into the final quarter is if Galway can somehow stop KK from their usual efforts to kill the game off early on by banging in a couple of goals in quick succession. How many times have we seen them do this and effectively end the game as a contest by HT. This would be a big worry for Galway considering the goals already conceded v Westmeath (4) and Offaly (3). On the plus side for them, they are raising plenty of green flags. Can they exploit Noel Hickey at full back though? He's back in with JJ Delaney injured.

Gonna go with Galway +7 @ 10/11 in the handicap. Opposing KK in any form is a mugs game, but here I go again. I think Galway will put up a much better showing than Dublin did and be competitive here. Perhaps I'm wishing this though

In the football I'm gonna take Cork only team to score a goal (6/5) and join the Kerry minor backers @ 5/2

Should be a good weekends hurling, am disappointed that both qualifiers arent live on TV, pretty idiotic decision from the GAA to only allow one qualifier match per round to be shown. These are knock out games and would be great to be able to see both, especially considering that most provincial semi finals (and quarter finals in football) end up being shown and these are no longer do or die matches for the teams

Great weekend of punting with all the main bets coming off. Roll on the rest of the hurling, championship has gotten v interesting after todays result

Radonman wrote: »
    Tough weekend again cos of the weather - realy hard to predict but here goes.
    Clare V Dublin
    Hard to know the full story here! Did a crap Waterford team beat an even crappier Clare team and have the Dublin team got sick of hearing the same old bulls*** from Daly (saying "picking up 20 lads from the Red Cow would have done beter" was a big no no imo) so this really could go either way but ill probably put Dublin in an accum but other than that its a no bet except for one market - Player total points - now according to forcasts its gonna be cloudy and little wind so the following look tempting (all clare)
    N O'Connell over 3.5 points @ 11/10 :P - Paddys removed market before i had a chance to bet!! thankfully cos it lost:o[/B]- takes all the long range frees and scored 5 v waterford (4 frees)
    J Clancy over 1.5 points @ 4/5:( - scored 3 v waterford (all from play)
    Colin Ryan, waiting on price from PP - takes the close in frees and got 3 v waterford
    As pointed out in the great post by MrJoeSoap Cork dont really do goals and dropping C Naughton to the bench makes Cork under 2.5 @ 8/13 :Dattractive for an accum. Offaly to score the first goal looks nice @ 11/8:D too but ill make my mind up tomorrow

2/3 -cant understand how bad Clancy played, i watched the whole game and honestly i dont think he even touched the sliotar!
    I'd be slow enough to take that bet myself, no doubt it could come in and it is a big total but Cork (unlike Kerry) tend to put teams to the sword goal wise when they get a chance - they could easily run in 4 or 5 here and no one would bat an eyelid. I'm gonna go fairly big on over 1.5 Cork goals:D as discussed earlier and Kerrigan anytime goalscorer @ 5/2:(. Careful on anyone betting on the Kerry Minors, most down here thinks there will loose, plus they still have the back door and will play the Connaught Champions probably Galway and they dont fear them (so i'm told).
    Cant get away from the Duds today v Clare - a big strong Dubln team against a Clare team who likes to run the ball - only one winner here so an Accum :(
    Dublin to win @ 5/6
    Cork footballers over 1.5 goals @ 5/6
    Cork hurlers (-8) @ 5/6

Anyone know anything about the Dublin Minor Hurler, they already have beaten Kilkenny and they play Wexford (who beat Laois) - Dublin @ (-3) evens looks attractive - anyone??

lol, "Cant get away from the Duds today" - a bit of foresight there methinks - 1/3 here but main bet in
    Tipp minors @ 1/2 / Meath minors @ 4/11 - double:D
    Tipp minors (-2) @ evens / Meath Minors (-3) @ evens - double:D

Single on Meath minors (-3) @ evens
    :D

3/3 happy days although Kerry really put Tipperary under pressure and were 5 points up at half time - one to watch in the next round
    They use two free takers, D O'Connor and Colm O'Neill
    Kilkenny over 1.5 goals @ 1/2 :Dand over 2.5 @ 6/4:(
    I'm on the Cork goals band wagon too plus double of Kilkenny over 1.5 and Cork over 1.5:D
    @ christymac - if I was betting on any of those two cork players on points total I'd do D O'Connor as he takes the peno's and I more of a goal threat

2/3 - Looks like a good day all round for most here - Roll on the weekend:cool:
    btw, nice post KevIrl
    On a side note, from looking at my GAA bets ive have very little luck in forecasting goal scorers (Kerrigan missed a sitter today - did not even put it wide ffs) and total points for players so i will be opting out of that market for a bit unless we have a bit of good info like the Burke tip today from Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭jack747

what does every think of killkenny 6/5 for the A.I, they were 4/9 before the leinster final and with the likes of fennelly and delaney back i think they'll be very hard stopped and i can at least see them reaching the final and you wont get them at that price again...i'm thinking a good double maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

jack747 wrote: »
    what does every think of killkenny 6/5 for the A.I, they were 4/9 before the leinster final and with the likes of fennelly and delaney back i think they'll be very hard stopped and i can at least see them reaching the final and you wont get them at that price again...i'm thinking a good double maybe

I wouldnt be too keen tbh, its quite possible that in order to win the AI now they will have to beat Cork, Tipp and Galway, 6/5 doesnt represent much value if thats the way the fixtures fall.

Personally I think they will struggle, there is a serious lack of pace upfront compared to a few years ago, Eddie Brennan being a big loss in this regard, Brian Hogan, Tommy Walsh and Noel Hickey have certainly seen better days, in particular Tommy Walsh.

i wouldnt put anyone off backing kilkenny for the allireland because fenelly and delaney were such big misses in fairness. straight after the game yesterday they were priced at 6/4 with powers but that has since been gobbled up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I wouldnt be too keen tbh, its quite possible that in order to win the AI now they will have to beat Cork, Tipp and Galway, 6/5 doesnt represent much value if thats the way the fixtures fall.

Personally I think they will struggle, there is a serious lack of pace upfront compared to a few years ago, Eddie Brennan being a big loss in this regard, Brian Hogan, Tommy Walsh and Noel Hickey have certainly seen better days, in particular Tommy Walsh.

Noel Hickey is only providing cover for JJ Delaney while he is injured and should be fit the next day. JJ is one of the best in the business.

I expect Tommy and Brian to show you one of their better day's now next time out. I think it's a fantastic price, Kilkenny have a point to prove now and are still the best in the country.

Every team have off days, and every team has their great day's which Galway had on Sunday. They were outstanding, they done a Kilkenny on Kilkenny.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are beaten in the Semis.

ft9 wrote: »
    Noel Hickey is only providing cover for JJ Delaney while he is injured and should be fit the next day. JJ is one of the best in the business.

I expect Tommy and Brian to show you one of their better day's now next time out. I think it's a fantastic price, Kilkenny have a point to prove now and are still the best in the country.

Every team have off days, and every team has their great day's which Galway had on Sunday. They were outstanding, they done a Kilkenny on Kilkenny.

On current form, what way would you price them against Cork (quarter final), Tipperary (semi final) or Galway (final)? No disrespect to Waterford or Wexford, just picking the toughest / most likely path to the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

jack747 wrote: »

I think its a great bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ft9 wrote: »

On current form, what way would you price them against Cork (quarter final), Tipperary (semi final) or Galway (final)? No disrespect to Waterford or Wexford, just picking the toughest / most likely path to the title.

I don't see the relevance of what price I think kk should be against cork tipp and Galway to how I think 6/5 is good on them to win the all Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Anyone think Shefflin a big price for top scorer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement