Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Roscommon v Tyrone and Antrim V Galway - i'm expecting goals here , Both games double over 1.5 goals @ 5/6 and 4/5 respectively, and double of the following Tyrone @ 8/15 and Galway 8/15 over 0.5 gaols each and over 1.5 goals @ 5/2 and 9/4 - all prices with Ladbrooks

Longford (-3) @ 11/10

Sorry for no explaination but too late

Will probalby take Galway too in the Handicap cos Antrim are crap but my only fear is Galway are crap away in the qualifers (only 1 win ever) but i'm basing this on the Antrim v London game where London really should have gotten a result except for Antims late goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

pg7jI.png

Sheet!! I've had better trips to the Dentist!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Been given a tip on the kerry -7 handicap tomorrow. Are people expecting kerry to cover this easily?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

kev250 wrote: »
    Been given a tip on the kerry -7 handicap tomorrow. Are people expecting kerry to cover this easily?
    Just came to ask the same question!

-8 on 365.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Kerry to score over 1.5 goals is 6/4 with PP.

If Gooch is playing FF and as on form as they say, he'll get those two himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Two analysts on the radio Friday said that Monaghan @ 10/11 were the 'banker of the weekend' against Laois.

Don't know much about Monaghan or Gaa in general but is anyone backing them tomorrow?

kev250 wrote: »
    I'll probably be on the same bet myself today but after yesterday's results who knows - anyone who says they named all the winners yesterday in the football are liars! Crazy stuff.
    Regarding the Kerry game - remember Westmeath really struggled at home to beat 13 man Louth they are also missing few since that game and there preparation have been far from ideal with 3 there'll spass players lining out for there club in a league game on last Tuesday - The result here depends on Kerry, they will win but depends on how ruthless they are as they rearly score many goals in the championship but I'm going to have a cut off Kerry (-7) and Kerry over 1.5 goals (as said previous) - Kerry really should hammer them and hopefully they won't take their foot off the pedal. Also going for Declan O Sullivan to score a goal anytime @ 9/2.
    Kildare should also win with a bit to spare
    Regarding the Kerry over 1.5 goals - @ 6/4 it deserves a bet but beware Kerry don't score may goals in league or championship but against Westmeath .....

Btw - yesterday's racing posts nap was Mayo -3 @ evens if anyone is interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Clare v Limerick
    Most of the weekends value is here I feel. I think Limerick could get a significant win here and am definitely taking Limerick -1 @ 6/5. They have been scoring goals for fun, albeit against weaker opposition. Clare could easily have conceeded a few against Dublin and let in 2 against Waterford too, I think there is question marks about their backs and will be taking Limerick over 1.5 goals @ 5/6 and Limerick over 2.5goals 5/2.

Woot. Was never really in any serious doubt once Limerick got the 2nd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

loremolis wrote: »
    Kerry to score over 1.5 goals is 6/4 with PP.

If Gooch is playing FF and as on form as they say, he'll get those two himself.

Excellent spot, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

next round of qualifiers next week and 2 bets stand out, kildare minus 5 against a limerick team who had to play extra time evens,, and antrim 11/8 against a tipp team which may be slightly overestimated by bookmakers

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

paul08 wrote: »
    next round of qualifiers next week and 2 bets stand out, kildare minus 5 against a limerick team who had to play extra time evens,, and antrim 11/8 against a tipp team which may be slightly overestimated by bookmakers

The bookies have this one priced quite well imo. Tipp must be just about slight favourites after beating Offaly and wexford and coming within 6 points of Kerry(admittedly a poor Kerry on the day). In the same period Antrim have scraped past London and a poor Galway side since losing to Monaghan by 3 points in Ulster.

Antrim beat Tipp by 3 points in the league(a game that was played in Semple stadium) however I feel Antrim have regressed since that game and Tipp have improved and should have just about enough to get over the line. Tipp to win by 1-3 points for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Took the 11-10 bout Tipp v Antrim yesterday with Ladbrokes. Standout bet of weekend GAA for me. Now 10-11 best price but really Tipp are at home and up and coming whereas Antrim are poor in fairness.

Leitrim @ 11-2 with Lads home to Laois is worth a few quid for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Kerry -1
    Kildare -3
    Laois
    Antrim

accumulater @6/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Never bet on GAA before but I will be taking Kerry to beat Tyrone @1.50 this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Anyone think Tyrone are good value to beat Kerry at the weekend? Kerry on a bad run of form and Tyrone always up it when they see the green and gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Anyone think Tyrone are good value to beat Kerry at the weekend? Kerry on a bad run of form and Tyrone always up it when they see the green and gold.

There is value there, yes, but I think Kerry will pull through as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I think tyrone or draw in this game so will go for tyrone +2 points at around 1/1.
    This game will suit Tyrone better than their defeat to Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I think tyrone or draw in this game so will go for tyrone +2 points at around 1/1.
    This game will suit Tyrone better than their defeat to Donegal.

I went for the same in the end. Seemed like the smartest bet to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

Bbbbolger wrote: »

2/1 on Tyrone against a team they have an Indian sign over? I'm in

Think there could be great value in backing Tyrone outright at 22/1 now as well.

The draw is a possibiity & yes 2 points plus at evens is tempting but I'd rather have a smaller stake at 2/1 than a larger bet at +2 at Evs.

Kerry have home advantage & will be up for this massively. They'll feel it's their best chance to beat Tyrone in championship after 2 ALL Ireland final defeats & one semi final beating.

But will want & home advantage be enough? At 2/1 I'm willing to find out

• Advertisement

Think there could be great value in backing Tyrone outright St 12/1 now as well.

Outright for the Sam Maguire?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Outright for the Sam Maguire?

I would hope not considering they are available at 22/1 with PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I imagine it was a typo for the 2/1 available about them for tomorrow.

razor425 wrote: »
    I would hope not considering they are available at 22/1 with PP.

That's what I was thinking...

Can get my thoughts on the weekend's action here if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/21st-22nd-july-gaa-betting/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can get my thoughts on the weekend's action here if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/21st-22nd-july-gaa-betting/

Very good read, but one little detail, Tipp play their home games in Semple Stadium and not Cusack Park, I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt this time and put it down as a freudian slip but be warned if you ever infer that we have any sort of connection with them Klare savages, I will track you down ;)

Happy Punting!

Very good read, but one little detail, Tipp play their home games in Semple Stadium and not Cusack Park, I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt this time and put it down as a freudian slip but be warned if you ever infer that we have any sort of connection with them Klare savages, I will track you down ;)

Happy Punting!

Sincere apologies! Won't happen again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Really fancy Tipp tomorrow to beat Antrim. Will have a decent sized bet on it,5/6 is the best price at the moment,Ladbrokes.

Happy Punting!

Got that fixed for you, appalling slip on my part :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

keane2097 wrote: »
    Got that fixed for you, appalling slip on my part :pac:

It would be on a par with me asking you how was yer County Board Chairman Frank Murphy getting on :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement