Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Really fancy Tipp tomorrow to beat Antrim. Will have a decent sized bet on it,5/6 is the best price at the moment,Ladbrokes.
    Really like the look of that bet too especially since its confirmed that Antrim will be also missing their captain Gallagher - although he did not start he did score a point after coming off the bench, this is there second St Galls player to quit the panel after forward Cunningham also quit after he was dropped for the Galway game. You need a really good bench these days in Football and this really weakens Antrims options in midfield and up front - good size bet on Tipp @ 5/6 ( pity I did not take the 11/10 earlier this week)

I also think the handicaps for the Dublin and Kildare sides are a bit small so oll be taking Dublin (-3) @ 10/11 and Kildare (-4) @ 10/11 both PP, BOTH DOUBLED TOO, ill also do a bit of -4 and -5 respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

going against the tipp backers here - double on antrim 13/8 and kildare minus 4 10/11 , may also add in under 28.5 points in the tipp antrim game as a single

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Kildare are 6/1 for -11 with PP
    If they play to their potential then this isn't a bad bet. They beat Cavan by 17 and I'd rate Cavan about the same level as Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Kildare -4 looks like the bet of the weekend.
    Also Dublin -3 looks good and Laois -4 against a very poor Leitrim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

sboyle01 wrote: »
    Kildare -4 looks like the bet of the weekend.
    Also Dublin -3 looks good and Laois -4 against a very poor Leitrim.

Why do you say that. Leitrim are a tough little team to beat in Carrick and are always underrated by the rest of the country. They beat Wicklow comfortably enough the last day, and Laois are no great shakes. At home and at over 6/1 (betfair), they are very overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

loremolis wrote: »
    Kildare are 6/1 for -11 with PP
    If they play to their potential then this isn't a bad bet. They beat Cavan by 17 and I'd rate Cavan about the same level as Limerick.

That's crazy talk. Limerick are much better than Cavan and should easily have enough to cover an 11 point handicap, especially as Kildare rarely post big scores(last weekend being an exception). Personally I'm taking Limerick +5 at 11/10 and already have them +6 at evens. Leitrim +5 at 10/11 might be worth a small investment also.

I think Limerick are a ridiculous price today at just under 8/1 (Betfair). This Limerick team hasn't regressed that much from a few years ago when they were running Kerry and Cork to a point. They beat a good Longford side the last day and may have a bit of momentum. Kildare are more hype than substance imo. Obviously I expect Kildare to win but 8/1 is insulting on Limerick and i'm confident ill be able to lay off for profit at some stage. I'll also be taking Limerick +6 at 10/11 (Lads). They rarely let teams hammer them and i'm not sure Kildare have that much power in their forwards.

I also like Kerry on the handicap -2 at 5/4 (Betfair). I think Tyrone are a little overrated, especially after losing Cavanagh and Coney since the league. This is the perfect game for Kerry to gain a little momentum, and I think after what happened in the last decade, there is no way they will let up if they get ahead. A point to prove for Kerry today and i'm half tempted to take the 9/2 available for the AI now.

Other than that, a small bet on Leitrim at 6/1 vs Laois, reasons outlined in the post above.

For the early game im going with Tipperary under 14.5 (4/5)

Also taken Tipp @ (-1) 11/10 and if Antrim can concede two goals to London there is a chance they can do the same against Tipperary do Tipp over 1.5 goals @ 5/2 (just an interest bet not a large one ). With all the fine weather overs should be good value - I have not had time to look at this but I'd stay away from unders while we are getting all our summer weather this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Gone with a fourfold with all the favourites.

• Advertisement

razor425 wrote: »
    The bookies have this one priced quite well imo. Tipp must be just about slight favourites after beating Offaly and wexford and coming within 6 points of Kerry(admittedly a poor Kerry on the day). In the same period Antrim have scraped past London and a poor Galway side since losing to Monaghan by 3 points in Ulster.

Antrim beat Tipp by 3 points in the league(a game that was played in Semple stadium) however I feel Antrim have regressed since that game and Tipp have improved and should have just about enough to get over the line. Tipp to win by 1-3 points for me.

Fairly good day so far, now hopefully Limerick can cover the handicap against Kildare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Kildare can go **** themselves...

Donegal v Down under 28.5 (5/6) on Boylesports is generous. Going to do it in a double with Dublin -3 (10/11).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

2 Singles
    Dublin -3 Evs
    Dublin goals over 1.5 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

sboyle01 wrote: »
    Donegal v Down under 28.5 (5/6) on Boylesports is generous. .

Great spot. I took under 26.5 on PP, and both are looking pretty safe right now. (hope I haven't jinxed it)

edit: I may have done :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Like Tipp this weekend to beat Down @ 5-2 with Lads. They got the price wrong last week and looks like they done it again. Down in woeful form this year and took a beating last Sunday whereas Tipp had a deserved win over Antrim. They look a pretty decent 5-2 shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Warper wrote: »
    Like Tipp this weekend to beat Down @ 5-2 with Lads. They got the price wrong last week and looks like they done it again. Down in woeful form this year and took a beating last Sunday whereas Tipp had a deserved win over Antrim. They look a pretty decent 5-2 shot.

In fairness, Donegal and Antrim are a completely different level of opposition.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    In fairness, Donegal and Antrim are a completely different level of opposition.

Down were poxy to beat a poor Monaghan side, Clare should have knocked them out of the qualifiers last year. Tipp beat Wexford and are minor champions. Down are on the way down whereas Tipp are on the way up. Who do you think is the better bet then, Down at 1-2 or Tipp at 5-2?

Down were poxy to beat a poor Monaghan side, Clare should have knocked them out of the qualifiers last year. Tipp beat Wexford and are minor champions. Down are on the way down whereas Tipp are on the way up. Who do you think is the better bet then, Down at 1-2 or Tipp at 5-2?

As far as I can see, Down are currently 4/9 with Ladbrokes and Tipp are 9/4, with the draw at 15/2 (112% book, 100.2% without the draw). I haven't seen Tipp at 5/2 yet.

If Down were 1/2 and Tipp at 5/2 (95.24% book without the draw), I would assume the draw would have had to have been 5/1 to make a 112% book. And from studying the draw log that Kryogen has going on this year, there has yet to be a draw anywhere near that price. 7/1 is the lowest price for a draw so far this year.

Did you get on Tipp at 5/2?

As far as I can see, Down are currently 4/9 with Ladbrokes and Tipp are 9/4, with the draw at 15/2 (112% book, 100.2% without the draw). I haven't seen Tipp at 5/2 yet.

If Down were 1/2 and Tipp at 5/2 (95.24% book without the draw), I would assume the draw would have had to have been 5/1 to make a 112% book. And from studying the draw log that Kryogen has going on this year, there has yet to be a draw anywhere near that price. 7/1 is the lowest price for a draw so far this year.

I got on Tipp @ 5-2 on Monday with Lads. They have now shortened to 9-4. I think Down were 4-9 with Lads at the time but were freely and still are available at 1-2 with other bookies. Lads had Tipp at 11-10 early last week against Antrim. They seem to be the bookie that are most out of touch with team's form especially at first-show. Tipp @ 5-2 was a good bet. Btw based on the prices now Down 1-2, Tipp 9-4, who would u back?

• Advertisement

I got on Tipp @ 5-2 on Monday with Lads. They have now shortened to 9-4. I think Down were 4-9 with Lads at the time but were freely and still are available at 1-2 with other bookies. Lads had Tipp at 11-10 early last week against Antrim. They seem to be the bookie that are most out of touch with team's form especially at first-show. Tipp @ 5-2 was a good bet. Btw based on the prices now Down 1-2, Tipp 9-4, who would u back?

Won't be backing anyone in this match, but I'd be going with Down on the handicap (-2) if I was. Would be delighted if Tipp can go further, though.

I will be taking Sligo, Tipp and Meath all to win this weekend(singles). Sligo should beat the 4 point handicap especially after a weekend off and Kildare's struggle last weekend. Tipp +2 I like also(hopefully they win it also). Meath should just about beat Laois but I don't fancy either on the handicap. Kerry should beat Clare but no value here and I don't like the handicap either.

You should start using Betfair if your concerned about books..

I'm fairly sure you'll get 5/2+ there on Sat anyway

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    You should start using Betfair if your concerned about books..

I'm fairly sure you'll get 5/2+ there on Sat anyway

I've used Betfair for years, thanks. Not concerned about books, trying to make a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Dcuguy89

I certainly think Sligo (+3) is a great shout. They are not in great form but are used to playing at Hyde and have had a week longer than Kildare to recover

Seen a nice double on twitter from SB
    Setantabet ‏@setantabet
    Enhanced Gaelic Football Double: 7/2 for Down (-2) and Meath (-2) http://bit.ly/LS5VSK #GAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Dcuguy89 wrote: »
    I certainly think Sligo (+3) is a great shout. They are not in great form but are used to playing at Hyde and have had a week longer than Kildare to recover

Seen a nice double on twitter from SB

Wouldn't touch that double, you would be backing two teams that lost provincial finals 6 days earlier, no team has won in such circumstances in 11 years and you need not only for two of them to do it but to cover a -2 handicap aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hurling Quarter Finals

Waterford v Cork
    Head or heart? Head or heart. I believe Waterford can win this, however the JBM factor and also the fact that Cork are coming into to this on the back of a couple of wins sways the head toward them. Another key factor is my belief that Cork have much the stronger scoring potential, although this is outweighed somewhat by a weak-ish Cork backline. In fact I believe the game will be a high scoring affair and am recommending the overs - over 45.5pts @ 4/5, over 2.5goals @ 4/9, over 3.5 goals @ 11/10.

If Cork get it right at the back then I'd be very worried for Waterford, I'll take Cork -2 @ 11/10 in the handicap. (Please God I'm wrong)

Kilkenny v Limerick

I may come back to this after the KK team is announced. However my initial thoughts is that Limerick +8 is a great price. Everyone is talking about a KK backlash, but this Limerick team are no mugs, and will be aware that a good start for them could see some doubts resurface for KK. Limerick have shown a keen eye for goal - 17 in their last 3 games, even though the quality of opposition may be questioned that is impressive goalscoring by any standards.
    JJ Delaney back at number 3 and playing well will be key for the Cats then. Hence my desire to wait for the team confirmation. I feel he will play but still think that +8 is big.

Should be 2 great games and hopefully a bumper attendance.

*Shameless plug* - My preview of Kilkenny v Limerick for livegaelic.com can be found here. Tis my first attempt at GAA writing, and thoughts or feedback most welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KK team.

Wow, strongest team back. Out to make a point it would seem

1.David Herity Dunnamaggin
    2.Paul Murphy Danesfort
    3.J.J. Delaney Fenians
    4.Jackie Tyrrell James Stephens
    5.Tommy Walsh Tullaroan
    6.Kieran Joyce Rower Inistioge
    7.Richie Doyle Barrow Rangers
    8.Michael Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
    9.Michael Rice Carrickshock
    10.Eoin Larkin (Capt.) James Stephens
    11.Richie Power Carrickshock
    12.Henry Shefflin Ballyhale Shamrocks
    13.Colin Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
    14.Richie Hogan Danesfort
    15.Aidan Fogarty Emeralds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Here's my thoughts on this week's football if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/28th-29th-july-gaa-betting/

• Advertisement

Two bets for me today - Meath / Laois game over 1.5 goals @ 4/5 and Tipp / Down game over 1.5 goals @ 5/6 , two singles and a double - odds from Ladbrooks and look like great value

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement