Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Radonman wrote: »
    Two bets for me today - Meath / Laois game over 1.5 goals @ 4/5 and Tipp / Down game over 1.5 goals @ 5/6 , two singles and a double - odds from Ladbrooks and look like great value

Tipp havent conceeded a goal in 6 games since Creedon took over and aren't exactly prolific themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Meath -2 Evs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Gone for a tipp and laois double. I know it's a long shot but I thought the odds were generous for two in form teams. 9/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I reckon Tipp are in with a great shout today against Down and also think Sligo are fairly overpriced v Kildare who nearly got caught out against Limerick last week. But gonna play it safe so have gone for the + handicap on both...

Tipperary +2 @ 11/10
    Sligo +4 @ 5/6
    10 double returns 38.50

Kerry goals over 1.5 6/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Won't be backing anyone in this match, but I'd be going with Down on the handicap (-2) if I was.

Typical :p

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Anyone have any thoughts on Kilkenny covering a handicap of -8 tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KingK wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on Kilkenny covering a handicap of -8 tomorrow?

I'm taking Limerick +8 in this anyway

KevIRL wrote: »
    I'm taking Limerick +8 in this anyway

I'd be of the same opinion. Have the sneakiest, slightest little feeling that they might cause a bit of commotion.

Limerick have scored 25% of all championship goals scored these season. 18 of the 73.

Since 1991 there have been 13 SHC meetings between Cork and Waterford. No match was won by more than 6 points.

• Advertisement

Cork v Waterford
    Over 3.5 goals 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Nothing too fancy for me today - Cork (-1) @ 5/6, I just think they will have too much for Waterford overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Is be surprised if Limerick won but 13/1 (betfair) is way too big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

And Kilkenny go win by 9 :o , amazing how often the bookies have the handicap right on the button :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

and -1 evens playing donegal... they hammered them back a few months ago in kerry ... . i was just thinking why kerry are 8/11 and practacaly at home when playing in croke pk too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

And Kilkenny go win by 9 :o , amazing how often the bookies have the handicap right on the button :(

The handicap was KK minus 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Meant to post this earlier, but here's my thoughts on tomorrow's games if anybody is interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/gaa-betting-saturday-04th-august/

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

keane2097 wrote: »
    Meant to post this earlier, but here's my thoughts on tomorrow's games if anybody is interested:

Pretty accurate synopsis there I think. Personally I see the 4 favourites winning this weekend. Probably a few tight encounters but all should pull through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

think ill do kerry/ cork to qualify double @ around 11/10 with pp. Didnt get looking around for better price yet tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Looking into Mayo, Dublin-2, Cork and Kerry

• Advertisement

Dublin goals over 1.5 13/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Genuinely shocked to see Tipp are 6/4 v Kilkenny for the hurling semi final

Snappage.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Genuinely shocked to see Tipp are 6/4 v Kilkenny for the hurling semi final

Snappage.

13/8 with Boyles.

I backed dublin over 1.5 goals myself. is this now a losing docket or is void somehow as they got 1? sorry if that is a silly question :o

keane2097 wrote: »

Tomorrow's two games have been added in here if anyone is interested. Scooped both bets today.

I backed dublin over 1.5 goals myself. is this now a losing docket or is void somehow as they got 1? sorry if that is a silly question :o

It's a losing bet. They scored 1, which is less than 1.5. You needed two or more goals.

Bastards. Had the chances to score at least 2.

Bastards. Had the chances to score at least 2.

That's gambling for you! Some days they'll fire in three or four, other days they'll fall apart any time they get near the goal. Today was more of the latter unfortunately.

The one goal they did get was a bit of a fluke too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'm all over Kerry tomorrow @1.66. Also seriously considering taking them on the -1 handicap @1.90.

• Advertisement

BKC wrote: »
    I'm all over Kerry tomorrow @1.66. Also seriously considering taking them on the -1 handicap @1.90.

1.66? They're 8/11 almost everywhere, bigger again on betfair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement