Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

keane2097 wrote: »
    1.66? They're 8/11 almost everywhere, bigger again on betfair.

1.66 with Paddy Power. Down from 1.72 and 2.00 for the -1 last time I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

BKC wrote: »
    1.66 with Paddy Power. Down from 1.72 and 2.00 for the -1 last time I checked.

1.91 for the -1 now, and it's 2.04 on Betfair for -1.5. Also, the outright win is 1.84 on Betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Strongly fancy Donegal to not only dispose of this Kerry team, but also to win the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

KERRY MINORS
    KILDARE +5
    KERRY -1
    Treble @5.5/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Tomorrow's two games have been added in here if anyone is interested. Scooped both bets today.

I agreed with you completely on the bets yesterday, but can't have Kildare at all today. They are overhyped and overrated, as shown in the Meath and especially Limerick games, a game I still can't work out how they got away with. They have problems at midfield, which won't suit against Cork at all. They're physical running style won't match up with Cork well either, and I don't think they have enough firepower to put up the decent total they'll need. Cork are a well oiled machine and although I was strong Mayo and Laois yesterday, them -2 is the bet of the weekend imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Bets I like today:

Cork -2 evens (bet365)

Kerry ht/ft 7/4 (bet365)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Cork Kildare - Draw

Kerry Donegal - Donegal by 4

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christymac

How many points did Cooper get?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Cooper got 4 Christymac

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭factnee

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I agreed with you completely on the bets yesterday, but can't have Kildare at all today. They are overhyped and overrated, as shown in the Meath and especially Limerick games, a game I still can't work out how they got away with. They have problems at midfield, which won't suit against Cork at all. They're physical running style won't match up with Cork well either, and I don't think they have enough firepower to put up the decent total they'll need. Cork are a well oiled machine and although I was strong Mayo and Laois yesterday, them -2 is the bet of the weekend imo

Thank you so much for this post. I was on the cusp of backing Cork all weekend and this common sense post gave me the confidence to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Got tipped Dublin Minors to win the All Ireland at 5/1, any thoughts?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Got tipped Dublin Minors to win the All Ireland at 5/1, any thoughts?

Football or Hurling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Yeah looks like I was guilty of overrating Kildare for a lot of the year although things went badly against them at key stages yesterday, with poor decisions against them leading to both goals and the linesman/ref bottling a stonewall red card for Alan O'Connor. TY for the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Batman101

Been following the betting on this forum for the last year or so but never decided to post anything so I said I may aswell post up my GAA picks. Been backing Hurling mostly for the last number of years and been quite successful.

Tonight we have the Munster U21 Final between Clare and Tipp in Ennis. Clare are coming into this as red hot favorites after demolishing Waterford in the Semi-Final and are priced at 1/3. Meanwhile Tipp are 11/4 after beating a fancied Limerick side in the Gaelic Grounds and beat Cork below in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. To be honest, I dont think the bookies have this priced up right.

Yes Clare are a good side and have an array of seniors playing but the Clare Senior team are a poor side at the moment and have only won one championship match in the last number of years and that was against Dublin. Realistically, how many of the Clare U21 team would make the Tipp Senior Team? Id say one and that is Conor McGrath who is their main man and if Tipp can keep him quiet they have a great chance. Clare also have danger men like Seadna Morey and Tony Kelly who are great talents. Tipp on the other hand only have one senior panelist and that is centre forward, Sean Curran. However they do have a very balanced team and some great forwards in the likes of John O'Dwyer and Denis Maher and their backs were fantastic against an experienced Limerick outfit. Tipp have been going into all 3 games as underdogs so they know the challenge ahead.

Now its on to what to bet on:
    I like the look at Tipp +4 @ 5/6 with Boylesports. It will be a close game and think this is a very good bet as I cant see Tipp being hammered like the bookies suggest.
    My final selection is Total points Under 41.5 @ 5/6 with Paddy Power. Tipp only conceded 1:11 against Limerick and their backs are very solid so I really think this has a great chance.

Also Id love to hear some feedback on my picks so let me know what ye think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Batman101 wrote: »
    Been following the betting on this forum for the last year or so but never decided to post anything so I said I may aswell post up my GAA picks. Been backing Hurling mostly for the last number of years and been quite successful.

Tonight we have the Munster U21 Final between Clare and Tipp in Ennis. Clare are coming into this as red hot favorites after demolishing Waterford in the Semi-Final and are priced at 1/3. Meanwhile Tipp are 11/4 after beating a fancied Limerick side in the Gaelic Grounds and beat Cork below in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. To be honest, I dont think the bookies have this priced up right.

Yes Clare are a good side and have an array of seniors playing but the Clare Senior team are a poor side at the moment and have only won one championship match in the last number of years and that was against Dublin. Realistically, how many of the Clare U21 team would make the Tipp Senior Team? Id say one and that is Conor McGrath who is their main man and if Tipp can keep him quiet they have a great chance. Clare also have danger men like Seadna Morey and Tony Kelly who are great talents. Tipp on the other hand only have one senior panelist and that is centre forward, Sean Curran. However they do have a very balanced team and some great forwards in the likes of John O'Dwyer and Denis Maher and their backs were fantastic against an experienced Limerick outfit. Tipp have been going into all 3 games as underdogs so they know the challenge ahead.

Now its on to what to bet on:
    I like the look at Tipp +4 @ 5/6 with Boylesports. It will be a close game and think this is a very good bet as I cant see Tipp being hammered like the bookies suggest.
    My final selection is Total points Under 41.5 @ 5/6 with Paddy Power. Tipp only conceded 1:11 against Limerick and their backs are very solid so I really think this has a great chance.

Also Id love to hear some feedback on my picks so let me know what ye think.

Decent start to both bets batman, Tipp lead 0-6 to 0-5 at HT.

Hoping for similar in 2nd half

2 winners alright. Good shouts Batman1010, well played. Post more!

KevIRL wrote: »
    2 winners alright. Good shouts Batman1010, well played. Post more!

Just back from the game. The bets never really looked in much doubt. Tipp were very unlucky to lose to a last minute goal. I fancy Kilkenny to win the All-Ireland after that performance.

I will post up my selections more often. Nice to get off to a winning start.

Cork v Galway

Been impressed with how Galway have kept the lid on the hype and expectations following the win against Kilkenny, Cunningham seems to have them well organised and while there's always the chance of them blowing hot and cold on successive match days in true Galway fashion I think they will win this with a bit to spare. Galway -3 (evs) is my main bet. Can also see a number of goals in this one, both defenses can be a bit suspect, but Galway with a much stronger full forward line, like the look of Galway over 1.5 goals (4/6), Galway over 2.5 goals (15/8), and total goals over 3.5 (evs)

The prices above are PP, I'm sure there are better out there but I'm not arsed looking:p

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cork v Galway

Been impressed with how Galway have kept the lid on the hype and expectations following the win against Kilkenny, Cunningham seems to have them well organised and while there's always the chance of them blowing hot and cold on successive match days in true Galway fashion I think they will win this with a bit to spare. Galway -3 (evs) is my main bet. Can also see a number of goals in this one, both defenses can be a bit suspect, but Galway with a much stronger full forward line, like the look of Galway over 1.5 goals (4/6), Galway over 2.5 goals (15/8), and total goals over 3.5 (evs)

The prices above are PP, I'm sure there are better out there but I'm not arsed looking:p

I like the look of Johnny Coen MOTM at 28/1. 16's with Boyles, 14's with Ladbrokes.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I like the look of Johnny Coen MOTM at 28/1. 16's with Boyles, 14's with Ladbrokes.

Nice shout, he was class in Leinster final

• Advertisement

Cork and Galway tomorrow is a tough game to call. Galway are coming in as very strong favourites @ 4/9 after a magnificent display against Kilkenny. Meanwhile, Cork are 9/4 and they have beaten Offaly, Wexford and Waterford so far, but this will be a much tougher test for Jimmy Barry Murphy's side.

I really fancy Cork in this. Galway are renowned for slipping up and not been able to put back to back performances together. Cork are a young team and I think they are improving with every game. If Cork can keep Canning quiet they have a great chance.

Im going with Cork +3 @ 6/5 with Boyles

One other bet I will have this weekend is Holycross to beat Upperchurch-Drombane in the Tipperary Senior Hurling Relegation Semi-Final. These two clubs are neighbours and I really think Holycross are the better side. Upperchurch are after losing a huge number to emigration in the last year and have a very depleted side.
    Get on Holycross to win @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Taking Galway over 1.5 goals in play @ evens

Should have went with my gut and stayed away from that game

Batman101 wrote: »
    Cork and Galway tomorrow is a tough game to call. Galway are coming in as very strong favourites @ 4/9 after a magnificent display against Kilkenny. Meanwhile, Cork are 9/4 and they have beaten Offaly, Wexford and Waterford so far, but this will be a much tougher test for Jimmy Barry Murphy's side.

I really fancy Cork in this. Galway are renowned for slipping up and not been able to put back to back performances together. Cork are a young team and I think they are improving with every game. If Cork can keep Canning quiet they have a great chance.

Im going with Cork +3 @ 6/5 with Boyles

One other bet I will have this weekend is Holycross to beat Upperchurch-Drombane in the Tipperary Senior Hurling Relegation Semi-Final. These two clubs are neighbours and I really think Holycross are the better side. Upperchurch are after losing a huge number to emigration in the last year and have a very depleted side.
    Get on Holycross to win @ 11/10

Holycross win by 2 points so not a bad weekend after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Paddy Power have a GAA game listed as being played tomorrow night the 14th when in fact its on tonight.
    What would happen if I wanted for this game to finish tonight and if the game is still listed on the website, lump on the winner? Prob a studid question but they will hardly pay out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

hupskip wrote: »
    Paddy Power have a GAA game listed as being played tomorrow night the 14th when in fact its on tonight.
    What would happen if I wanted for this game to finish tonight and if the game is still listed on the website, lump on the winner? Prob a studid question but they will hardly pay out?

They won't pay out and they'll flag your account as an angle-shooter. No upside, don't do it.

They won't pay out and they'll flag your account as an angle-shooter. No upside, don't do it.
    Cheers I'll just go bet now instead so, btw it was Causeway at 6/4 to beat Abbeydorney - a very good bet to win.

hupskip wrote: »
    Cheers I'll just go bet now instead so, btw it was Causeway at 6/4 to beat Abbeydorney - a very good bet to win.

I know something similar happened before and they paid out as a goodwill gesture because it was their mistake. More than likely you won't get paid unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What's an angle shooter?

• Advertisement

Its ok the team won well in the end - handy money!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement