Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

hupskip wrote: »
    keane2097 wrote: »
    They won't pay out and they'll flag your account as an angle-shooter. No upside, don't do it.
    Cheers I'll just go bet now instead so, btw it was Causeway at 6/4 to beat Abbeydorney - a very good bet to win.

It's been taken down as far as I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Did you get paid out?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Did you get paid out?
    About an hour before the match they changed the date to the proper date.
    I had put on 50 anyway at that stage so it didnt make any difference.

Richie Power is 5/6 to score more than Lar Corbett the next day - this could be a very good bet if Power is on the frees but its hard to know - he missed a few against Limerick and I wouldn't be surprised to see King Henry back on free taking duty again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PP have a money back special on the KK-Tipp match. Money back on all losing match bets if your team loses by 1 point. Interesting as its not the usual goalscorer bets refunded crap, and also this one is likely to be close.

As I mentioned earlier I like Tipp in this , PP have them @ 6/4, am surprised they arent favourites tbh. They've looked very good this year, quietly but confidently going about getting over every obstacle, importantly got a scare early on v Limerick, and then 2 competitive games v Cork and Waterford, a big change from last year when they made the AI semi final almost too easily. They have a remarkable strength in depth and have shown already they arent afraid to get them into action early if required. Always risky backing against KK, but they dont look as strong this year, seem to be overly relying on their big guns messrs Delaney, Walsh, Fennelly and Shefflin, and if these guys all play well they will be tough to beat, but I think there is some great value in Tipp here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

13/8 with SJ though, big difference probably not made up for by the MBS IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Monivea to beat Clonbur @ Evens

Clonbur have 2 of their main players suspended

wprathead wrote: »
    Monivea to beat Clonbur @ Evens

Clonbur have 2 of their main players suspended

Cheers for that, you can't beat the inside info ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Lads theres a great value bet on bet365.
    Shefflin is 5/1 to be top scorer in the championship.
    PP have him at 10/11.

He's 16 points behind Dowling who can be backed at 1/1 with PP to cover yourself.

I've done
    Shefflin at 5/1 €120

Canning at 12/1 €20
    Pa Burke at 50/1 €6 (just incase :))
    Gona do Dowling with PP in the morning €145 at 1/1

These look like the only possible winners of top scorer and if any of the other 3 win you more or less break even or if its shefflin your quids in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I could have sworn Patrick Horgan was top of those charts?

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I could have sworn Patrick Horgan was top of those charts?

Wikidpedia have it as

Dowling 4-37 (49)
    Horgan 1-42 (45)
    Canning 1-32 (35)
    Shefflin 3-24 (33)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Hurling_Championship_2012

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I read this in The Examiner during the week........

Tuesday, August 14, 2012
    Pat Horgan has moved into the lead position on the hurling top scorers’ chart and it will take something special for him to be beaten at this stage.
    The Cork captain’s championship season came to an end yesterday when he shot seven points in the All-Ireland semi-final loss to Galway. Those scores helped him overtake Limerick’s Shane Dowling by two points at the top of the table.

The only threats the Glen man are Joe Canning and Henry Shefflin.

Canning is 16 points behind Horgan and barring a replayed All-Ireland final, overtaking Horgan looks a tall order.

Henry Shefflin is 19 points behind and with a semi-final and possible final still to come, he could yet reel Horgan in. He is averaging 8.25 points per game so far this season.

It does seem strange that he is not mentioned in PP

That would throw a spanner in the works.

I cant find any other sites listing the top scorers chart. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Lads theres a great value bet on bet365.
    Shefflin is 5/1 to be top scorer in the championship.
    PP have him at 10/11.

He's 16 points behind Dowling who can be backed at 1/1 with PP to cover yourself.

I've done
    Shefflin at 5/1 €120

Canning at 12/1 €20
    Pa Burke at 50/1 €6 (just incase :))
    Gona do Dowling with PP in the morning €145 at 1/1

These look like the only possible winners of top scorer and if any of the other 3 win you more or less break even or if its shefflin your quids in.

Dowling 1/2
    Horgan 10/3
    Shefflin 5/1
    Canning 12/1
    Bourke 50/1

Still going to throw a few quid on Sheff and Canning, 5/1 and 12/1 is pretty generous considering the opposition are no longer there. Canning needs 14 points from one game, not beyond his capabilities at all, Sheff needs 16 points from two games, well within his grasp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Dowling 1/2
    Horgan 10/3
    Shefflin 5/1
    Canning 12/1
    Bourke 50/1

Still going to throw a few quid on Sheff and Canning, 5/1 and 12/1 is pretty generous considering the opposition are no longer there. Canning needs 14 points from one game, not beyond his capabilities at all, Sheff needs 16 points from two games, well within his grasp.

Major boo boo there from bet365, offering 100/30 on horgan even though he cant win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

dotsflan wrote: »
    Major boo boo there from bet365, offering 100/30 on horgan even though he cant win

Not really. He is currently top of the scoring charts so he can win. It's just unlikely because he won't be playing another game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

BKC wrote: »
    Not really. He is currently top of the scoring charts so he can win. It's just unlikely because he won't be playing another game.

He's not, Shane Dowling is

It's amazing that so many people have different opinions on who is top scorer currently. I've yet to find a gaa website with the definitive answer. The Examiner think Horgan is - I do aswell - while others think it's Dowling.

I threw a fiver on Shefflin at 5/1 on bet365 for an interest value. I think I read somewhere that Dowling was top scorer from play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

This is from hogansstand and id say its where the examiner got their info, hoganstand made an error on monday:

Shane Dowling still leads the way on on the hurling top scorers' chart and it will take something special for him to be beaten at this stage.

First off, apologies for the error in our top scorers update on Monday, as gremlins in our database had Cork's Pat Horgan down with two goals against Wexford, which he obviously didn't score. A minion has been exiled for this, you will be glad to hear.

The Cork captain's championship season came to an end on Sunday when he shot seven points in the All-Ireland semi-final loss to Galway. Those scores left him four points behind Limerick's Dowling at the top of the table.

The only threats to the Treaty man now are Joe Canning and Henry Shefflin.

Canning is 14 points behind Dowling and barring a replayed All-Ireland final, closing that gap looks a bit of a stretch for the Galway full forward.

Henry Shefflin is 16 points behind and with potentially a semi-final and final still to come, he could yet reel Dowling in. The Kilkenny ace is averaging 8.25 points per game so far this season.

There is no change in the top scorer from play chart, with three Limerick men - Dowling, Niall Moran and Graeme Mulcahy - tied in the lead.

Overall hurling top scorers
    Shane Dowling, Limerick 4-37 (49)
    Pat Horgan, Cork 1-42 (45)
    Joe Canning, Galway 1-32 (35)
    Henry Shefflin, Kilkenny 3-24 (33)
    Shane Dooley, Offaly 4-21 (33)
    Willie Hyland, Laois 1-26 (29)
    Niall O'Brien, Westmeath 2-20 (26)
    Pa Bourke, Tipperary 1-21 (24)
    Maurice Shanahan, Waterford 0-24 (24)

I got onto Bet365 about it earlier and the market has been taken down since.

• Advertisement

Why ruin it for everyone? It was obvious that was the wrong prices and that they would fix it once their attention was drawn to it. I already got the max bet on Shefflin but a couple of friends were also going to do it once they got home

That was a crazy thing to do MrJoeSoap.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Why ruin it for everyone? It was obvious that was the wrong prices and that they would fix it once their attention was drawn to it. I already got the max bet on Shefflin but a couple of friends were also going to do it once they got home

Woahhhh there...

If it was priced incorrectly then it would have been noticed anyway, the reason I contacted them was to find out where they were taking their top-scorers scores from. I'm not going to throw money on something without knowing where they are getting their figures from, especially with the confusion above from dotsflan's post. I didn't ask them to take it down, or point out the prices, I simply asked a question.

Well Dowling was Evens in PP and 1/2 in Bet 365. Shefflin was 10/11 in PP and 5/1 in Bet 365. One of those two bookies had it priced wrong. So there was money to be made.

In this case it was obvious to me that it was Bet 365's market that was wrong. So they didn't notice their mistake and drawing it to their attention was the wrong thing to do. I couldve put on more than the 120 max, but that would have meant my bet going to traders for decision, which meant drawing their attention to the market, so I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Stupid move.

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Stupid move.

Yeah, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Good one joesoap. Supposed be helping others here get one over the bookies and not pointing out their mistakes. doesn't matter where they taking their scores from. market will be settled on the total official points scored in championship. Simple as that !!!!

mjp wrote: »
    Good one joesoap. Supposed be helping others here get one over the bookies and not pointing out their mistakes. doesn't matter where they taking their scores from. market will be settled on the total official points scored in championship. Simple as that !!!!

I didn't point out their mistakes. I asked them a question, before I placed a bet. I didn't fancy handing over my hard-earned cash without being 100% on the market I was betting on. And the market was taken down about 3 hours later, not necessarily anything at all to do with the question I asked, which didn't even require the Help agent contacting a trader at all. There's every bit as much chance that large bets like the one Hulk Hands placed drew their attention to it as me asking a question.

People need to get out of the sunshine and chill out here.

PS - Traders read forums.

Anyway, cheers to Robbie for the spot, hope a few got on. Was never going to last long either way

• Advertisement

He better fúcking rip into tip and then galway!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement