Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Who's Tipperarys free taker? I reckon Lar Corbett over 2.5 points at 4/6 could be a good bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Will be on Tipp tomorrow @ 6/4,too nice of a price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Who's Tipperarys free taker? I reckon Lar Corbett over 2.5 points at 4/6 could be a good bet.

Pa Bourke is the free taker. Corbett has yet to score this year, in 1.5 games. Really should have a goal or two though so far, and will certainly be far more ruthless if an opportunity arises today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I just went to place my PP bet on Dowling at 1/1 to cover the otherbet365 bets
    and they have taken down the market aswell now :pac::(:pac:

Did anyone see any other bookies with this market up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Batman101

Forgot to write up a bit about the match and I'm heading up along now so I will make this short.

I really fancy Tipp to win this! Their training has been geared towards this match and are ready to peak on time. I think Lar could cause havoc for Kilkenny if he's roaming around Midfield like I think he will.

Pa Bourke is in the form of his life with Thurles Sarsfields and got 6 goals in the Mid Senior Final a couple of weeks back. He will be hitting the penaltys and 21 yard free's so I fancy him to get a goal. He also did well in the All-Ireland last year when he came on so that should stand to him.

Also Shane Bourke to score a point is even money with PP. A great bet!!

Pa Bourke anytime goalscorer @ 2/1 with PP.
    Tipp to win @ 6/4 with PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Lar is unlikely to get a goal isn't he?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Neeson wrote: »

He could be playing till tomorrow and he still wouldn't score!

Shefflin got 10pts today:D

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Neeson wrote: »

I had that and a win by 5-9 points! One cancelled the other.

I counted 12 I think the rte lads are wrong.
    In fact Im pretty sure it was 12. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I counted 12 I think the rte lads are wrong.
    In fact Im pretty sure it was 12. :D:D:D

And Hoganstand say he got 11!!

Either way, he's close enough to have a very real chance of topping the charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

He's 5 off I think now. A new market put up will be along the lines of 2/7 Shefflin, 3/1 Dowling and 16's Canning i'd say. Worked out in the end that you didnt get to lay off robbie

And Hoganstand say he got 11!!

Either way, he's close enough to have a very real chance of topping the charts.

Yea RTe site now saying 11 aswell.

PP had their market at over/under 10.5 and have paid out on over 10.5 .

I missed the start of the second half and checked rte site in running text and thats how l came to 12.
    Heres the link.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/2012/0819/334158-live-kilkenny-v-tipperary/
    he got 2 in the first half and if you read the whole second half text it says he got 10 the second half.

A great result for us l would of took 8 before the game with Kilkenny winning.

Edit Ritchie Power took one free and one 65
    I think my text link up above have Sheflin down instead of Power for his free.
    It looks like 11 alright.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    He's 5 off I think now. A new market put up will be along the lines of 2/7 Shefflin, 3/1 Dowling and 16's Canning i'd say. Worked out in the end that you didnt get to lay off robbie

Yea you could be right with your prices Hulk Hands.
    I was'nt overly worried about not laying it off as I fancied Kilkenny but as you say it worked out great.
    I will probably throw a few quid on Dowling if he's around 3/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    Monivea to beat Clonbur @ Evens

Clonbur have 2 of their main players suspended

draw:(

apologies to those who followed

Sorry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Batman101

Batman101 wrote: »
    Forgot to write up a bit about the match and I'm heading up along now so I will make this short.

I really fancy Tipp to win this! Their training has been geared towards this match and are ready to peak on time. I think Lar could cause havoc for Kilkenny if he's roaming around Midfield like I think he will.

Pa Bourke is in the form of his life with Thurles Sarsfields and got 6 goals in the Mid Senior Final a couple of weeks back. He will be hitting the penaltys and 21 yard free's so I fancy him to get a goal. He also did well in the All-Ireland last year when he came on so that should stand to him.

Also Shane Bourke to score a point is even money with PP. A great bet!!

Pa Bourke anytime goalscorer @ 2/1 with PP.
    Tipp to win @ 6/4 with PP

Though I was going to have a great day at half time with Pa Bourke after scoring in the first half. The second half was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

As previously posted I've got both Cork and Donegal to win the all Ireland ( pity they had to meet in the semi's) but I could not help myself in putting a few bob on Donegal to win @ 7/4 v Cork - savage price imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Here's my latest betting column for the website if anyone cares to take a look:

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/all-ireland-football-semi-finals-betting-tips-donegal-vs-cork/

3 singles:

Cork ht/ft 6/4

Cork -2 6/5

Mayo u18 8/11

There's so many parallels between today's game and the Cork Tyrone semi final o 09. Tyrone came into that game as AI champions and seemed to have an unbeatable system. Cork tore that system apart that day. I think this Cork team is equal or even better than their 09 level, and im not sure Donegal are up to that level yet.

A big reason for Donegals second half success vs Kerry was that they could foul from distance, and with no Sheehan, weren't getting punished. Cork however have an abundance of long range free takers. Donegal won't be able to overpower Cork physically either. I can see Corks direct running style opening up the blanket defence, creating overlapes etc. I think 4/6 is an excellent price

• Advertisement

Large bet on Cork at 8/13.

Radonman wrote: »
    As previously posted I've got both Cork and Donegal to win the all Ireland ( pity they had to meet in the semi's) but I could not help myself in putting a few bob on Donegal to win @ 7/4 v Cork - savage price imo

:)

Bad blot of the copy book there. Still shocked over how the game went. Donegal just look impossible to play against

Horrible horrible day.

But fair play to Donegal,such a difficult side to play against,reckon they'll win it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Horrible horrible day.

But fair play to Donegal,such a difficult side to play against,reckon they'll win it now.

Only one team left in comp that can beat Donegal ...and that Donegal. Only local hype and over confidence can beat Donegal in final. If they match second half display, Mayo will get destroyed.

Yes that's right Mayo will beat the Dubs. They have been completely under the radar this year, made league final, win Connacht albeit in a sluggish match against Sligo & destroyed a decent Down side( just because Donegal & Mayo hammered them they have wrongly been labelled a bad side-utter rubbish, they may miss players like Clarke but still a top 8 side in the country)

Mayo have a physical side and will look for goals at every opportunity. Should be a cracking game & the notion the Dubs have been asleep all season and wake up in semi final might be valid but I just don't think the same level of hunger is there but is in the west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Hey guys some of ye may enjoy our weekly betting column

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/dublin-vs-mayo-betting-tips/

I think we are 6 weeks in now and based on a even betting size our return on investment is 45.2%. I know we are dealing with a small sample size but people need to consider these games we have dealt with so far have the least edge as bookies can judge them so well.

Have a look at all our posts betting wise if it is of any interest. Id like to think we add a little bit more than your average Gaa tips found in the media.

http://www.livegaelic.com/category/the-proper-punter/

D Vaughen anytime booking @ 2/1 looks good value to me, he won't be subbed and is a dirty fecker who get sour if there loosing ( just a personnel opinion don't be giving me grief). Also I can't see past Dublin in this one, Mayo without Moran are seriously weakened - I just can't see where the 1-14 odd scores they are going to need to beat Dublin are going to come from. Dublin straight, (-1) and (-2) for me.

Feck - Alan Brogan missing, oh well too late for me now but may affect my booking bet as I presumed Vaughan would be marking him

Should have been a yellow there for Vaughan after 4 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

tipperary minors minus 4 at the weekend in the final @ 10/11 , best 2 teams played in the semi and tipp came through against galway,, dublin lost previous to wexford who have since been hammered by galway,, tipp looked a classy outfit in the semi well-drilled will have a closer look at the odds later in the week, perhaps an over 1.5 goals bet added in on tipp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What is everyone on for tomorrow? No shortage of markets available with Boyles and PP.

Absolutely no offence meant to Galway people by the following, I'm really hoping they put up a great fight and I'd be delighted to see them win. And with the disclaimer out of the way, I'm leaning heavily towards Kilkenny on most bets. Tipp famously got their tactics all wrong in the semi-final, but Kilkenny were ready for them and put them to the sword so emphatically in the second half. Losing Michael Rice is a big blow but moving a forward into midfield will mean more potential fire-power on the pitch for them.

Handicap:

I'm thinking of backing Kilkenny with a heavy handicap, possibly 10 or 11. Possible value in them -11 at 5/1 (Boyles and PP).

Winning Margin:

In the winning margin betting, I think Bet365 have good value on Kilkenny by 13-14 at 40/1, and Boyles have it at 25/1.

Kilkenny Goals (Over/Under):

Kilkenny have 8 goals in their last two games, against two Munster teams who had otherwise averaged under a goal a game against them in their 7 Championship games this year. Apart from holding Cork goalless in the semi-final, Galway averaged 3 goals against per game in the Leinster Championship. The Cats are always ruthless when it counts and I think Kilkenny over 3.5 goals at 9/2 with PP might be worth a look also.

Second-Half Handicap:

Boyles have Kilkenny -2 at 11/10 on this. Big mistake, I feel. So far this year they've won the second halves of their games by 8 (v Dublin), 4 (v Galway), 5 (v Limerick) and 19 (v Tipperary) and I see no reason for that to change tomorrow, given the strength on their bench. The only way I can see this not coming in is if Kilkenny blitz Galway in the first half and are ahead massively at the break, but I think it will be tight to start with and then the Cats will pull away after the break.

Shefflin v Canning:

With JJ Delaney back, I don't think Canning will be getting a sight of goal as easily as he did in the first game. His average per game this year is slightly higher than Shefflin's, but I still think Sheff has what it takes and 13/8 is a good price for him.

Ridiculous Bet of the Week:

Might have a small bet on both teams to miss a penalty at 100/1, for the laugh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement