Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

shefflin going for a record breaking 9th title. decent shout for motm if it happens... 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Going to follow the Kilkenny (-2) second half handicap and also one I like is Tommy Walsh to score a point anytime @2/1 with Boyles - something to keep the interest for the whole game, both small bets just want to enjoy the game - here's hoping for a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

One bet for me
    Over 3.5 goals Evs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Eoin Larkin due a big game this year, the fact he's captain should give him the kick up the hole to grab the game by the balls today.

20/1 MOTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

7/4 Kilkenny at half time.

I'll have some of that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It will be interesting if the odds will be similar the next day. I fully expect kk to go for goals the next day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 blatherskite

I'd say the bookies cleaned up with that result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

did sheflin get motm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

evosteo wrote: »
    did sheflin get motm?

Hopefully!

evosteo wrote: »
    did sheflin get motm?

not announced till Sunday game tonight. shefflin in the running but it might go to a galway man. iarla tannion maybe. niall burke and johnny coen also in with a shout

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What he did do is go top of the scoring charts!

Will have to wait another few weeks for the payout.

Canning could overtake him, but he'd have to score about 10pts more than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

2 draws in one day. Feckin bookies, you'd think they'd be nice and give us our money back so we can re invest in 3 weeks time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Tannion the MOTM. Damn it anyway :pac: Well deserved though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

FatRat wrote: »
    Tannion the MOTM. Damn it anyway :pac: Well deserved though.
    Did not have a bet on it but honestly thought that Sheff deserved it - he single handly dragged Kilkenny back into that game, without him Kilkenny would have lost heavily, did Tannion do as much for Galway? Deff not but that's the GAA ;)

Paul Murphy was best player on the pitch today. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ft9 wrote: »
    Paul Murphy was best player on the pitch today. Fact.

Not even nearly a fact. Tannion, Canning and Moore were ahead of him in the MOTM stakes.

The anti KK brigade live on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The anti KK brigade live on!

Take this rubbish to a match thread or something, this is a sports betting thread.

Sorry. You should use your moderator's powers to move it.

Sorry. You should use your moderator's powers to move it.

You should try being enough of a grown-up not to need a moderator to tell you when you're posting garbage in an otherwise great thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

KevIRL wrote: »
    shefflin going for a record breaking 9th title. decent shout for motm if it happens... 9/1

Criminal how he didn't get MOTM imo
    and this is from a Galway man;)

Tannian was immense, don't get me wrong, but think we all take Shefflin for granted sometimes, he was fantastic for KK (unfortunately)

hard luck mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Shefflin would have gotten MOM if he had done the right thing and went for goal with the peno. Honestly that was one of the most braindead decisions i have ever seen (had a fortune on KK - 3.5 pts @ 5-6). Was hoping they would get beat after that atrocity of a call. Teams level, 2 1/2 mins left plus injury-time and u have the winning of the match in your hand. :rolleyes:

Will be getting on Shefflin MOTM next time as well, think after not getting this coupled with the record breaking if they win the RTE crowd will be itching to give it to him. Reckon he'll be in a couple of points though too

Warper wrote: »
    Shefflin would have gotten MOM if he had done the right thing and went for goal with the peno. Honestly that was one of the most braindead decisions i have ever seen (had a fortune on KK - 3.5 pts @ 5-6). Was hoping they would get beat after that atrocity of a call. Teams level, 2 1/2 mins left plus injury-time and u have the winning of the match in your hand. :rolleyes:

Had the ref not given galway the free in the end, Sheflins decision could have been the winning point.

If you didn't have a fortune on it, you might not have thought it was a 'brain dead decision' - I think he played the percentages correctly. He went for a goal in the first half from a close in free and missed - also missed the resultant 65, I'm sure that added to his decision making at the time.
    He could have missed and lost by a point - definitely would have been out of contention for motm then!

Still should have got motm though. I was on him aswell.

I'll be on him the next day and kk to bang in a few goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I think I made a bit of a mess of my bet, sort of happy. I usually do a lucky 15 on 4 draws, so having already backed the draw on bet fair between Galway and Kilkenny @ 18/1, I decided to leave it out of my Lucky 15! The bet is 4draws minor,u21 hurling finals, ladies and men's senior finals, feck would have €65 going on to the last 2 bets if I had stuck with both games, ah well still up I suppose.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Had the ref not given galway the free in the end, Sheflins decision could have been the winning point.

If you didn't have a fortune on it, you might not have thought it was a 'brain dead decision' - I think he played the percentages correctly. He went for a goal in the first half from a close in free and missed - also missed the resultant 65, I'm sure that added to his decision making at the time.
    He could have missed and lost by a point - definitely would have been out of contention for motm then!

Still should have got motm though. I was on him aswell.

I'll be on him the next day and kk to bang in a few goals!

I'd be absolutely amazed if anyone came up with stats to show that going for the point in that spot was even close to going for goal in terms of EV.

That's even ignoring the added likelihood of the ref giving a nothing free to allow Galway to equalise if they are only one rather than three behind, particularly in the same week the GAA President is on record as saying he hoped the match would be a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd be absolutely amazed if anyone came up with stats to show that going for the point in that spot was even close to going for goal in terms of EV.

That's even ignoring the added likelihood of the ref giving a nothing free to allow Galway to equalise if they are only one rather than three behind, particularly in the same week the GAA President is on record as saying he hoped the match would be a draw.

I dont know Keane, I aggree with ShamoBuc here, Kilkenny were beating Galway in every sector of the field at the time, Galway had only scored 1-3 up to that in the second half, it was definitely the correct percentage call, imagine the boost it would have give Galeway to save the peno and clear the ball 100 yards up the field.

I dont know Keane, I aggree with ShamoBuc here, Kilkenny were beating Galway in every sector of the field at the time, Galway had only scored 1-3 up to that in the second half, it was definitely the correct percentage call, imagine the boost it would have give Galeway to save the peno and clear the ball 100 yards up the field.

I don't believe anyone has come even close to proving that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

keane2097 wrote: »
    I don't believe anyone has come even close to proving that.

Galway had scored 4 times in the previous 32 mins, thats a score every 8mins, there was only 5 mins remaining ;) This added to the fact that KK were more likely to get the next score, and KK will be happyish with a replay as they were at one stage 7 points down.

• Advertisement

Galway had scored 4 times in the previous 32 mins, thats a score every 8mins, there was only 5 mins remaining ;) This added to the fact that KK were more likely to get the next score, and KK will be happyish with a replay as they were at one stage 7 points down.

lolsamplesize?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement