Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

keane2097 wrote: »
    lolsamplesize?

lol I know!

I was suprised he didnt go for it tbh, as KK are normally so ruthless and go for the jugular but on reflection I actually felt it was the right call, and was it not for Barry Kelly's first error of the day it would have proved so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭The Don 1985

ft9 wrote: »
    Paul Murphy was best player on the pitch today. Fact.

Agree with you 100%. Murphy gave an exhibition of corner back play and were it not for him Galway would have been out of sight at half time.

Agree with you 100%. Murphy gave an exhibition of corner back play and were it not for him Galway would have been out of sight at half time.

:confused: He was very good as I have already said, but he played more of the game wing back than corner back.

:confused: He was very good as I have already said, but he played more of the game wing back than corner back.

With the way the game is changing every back must be able to cover nearly all positions in the backs.

With the way the game is changing every back must be able to cover nearly all positions in the backs.

I agree and especially the way Galway's entire forward line retreated in the second hald, but I still dont agree on calling Murphy's performance an exhibition on corner back play, when he spent more time on the wing and was aslo not marking anyone for large spells.

• Advertisement

I agree and especially the way Galway's entire forward line retreated in the second hald, but I still dont agree on calling Murphy's performance an exhibition on corner back play, when he spent more time on the wing and was aslo not marking anyone for large spells.

That is essentially what I'm trying to say Premierstone, define corner back play in this day and age ? It's involves playing out the field more if needs be, pushing up the field if needs be, making the most of being a free man which is coming more common due to corner forwards playing as a 3rd man in mid field, playing intelligent ball into the forwards, taking a score if needs be etc. etc.

The game is changing as you have agreed on however your failing to realise that with this change comes the change of the duties of a corner back. So yes, I still stand over my original comment that 'Murphy gave an exhibition of corner back play' .

That is essentially what I'm trying to say Premierstone, define corner back play in this day and age ? It's involves playing out the field more if needs be, pushing up the field if needs be, making the most of being a free man which is coming more common due to corner forwards playing as a 3rd man in mid field, playing intelligent ball into the forwards, taking a score if needs be etc. etc.

The game is changing as you have agreed on however your failing to realise that with this change comes the change of the duties of a corner back. So yes, I still stand over my original comment that 'Murphy gave an exhibition of corner back play' .

Fair enough, we both agree he had a fine game, my point was if he was corner back where was Tommy Walsh playing in the second half? As I said I would agree with your assesment but I would have described it as a 'defensive exhibition' rather than 'Corner Back', but I am a pedantic assho*e the best of times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

A definition of a corner back is ''a fellow thats not good enough for full back so he is put in corner back''

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

This used to be a very active thread?

The Biggest game of the season is on Sunday and there hasn't been a post for a week

Has everyone given up betting or is boards traffic just not what it once was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

The Biggest game of the season is on Sunday and there hasn't been a post for a week

Donegal are going to win, simples. No posts required, as we all know! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Most people THINK Donegal are going to win but as these things go Mayo could surprise everyone and pull it off.

No one wants to predict because it's never as cut and dry as it seems.

I'm not gonna even try to predict this and I'll probably keep my money for betting in running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Just looking at the likely All Ireland winners and I see Donegal are at 10's generally (14's with William Hill but ive no account there), now first things first they were @ 12's before the weekend therefore there must be some money going on them but at 10's i think there well worth a small punt. I was very impressed in how they dismantled Derry, plus with what i read about their tactice and training methods and i fully expect them to beat Tyrone there for the price will drop - as previously posted here i'm already on Cork @ 11/2 but after what i read and saw i would put Donegal ahead of them

Already on Donegal @ 11/1 so here a few others ive been considering for the day
    Dublin Minors over 1.5 goals @ 10/11 PP - They bagged 3 against Kerry and could have been more
    D Vaughan to be booked @ 13/8 for Mayo - he was booked in the Semi's @ 2/1 and is generally very aggressive
    Cillian O Connor under 4.5 point for Mayo - he has only 2 from play for the season and Donegal dont conceed many scoreable frees (unless he goes crazy on 45's again:p)

All contribution would be helpfull as ive not place these bets yet

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gallyer

Tickets got and cant wait for sunday. very nervous. Hoping to see Michael Murphy lift Sam, but really think it will be a very tight game, could go either way. Anyway not that I need a bet for an extra interest in this game, but stuck a tenner on Lacey for man of the match, only 10/1 at PP (was 20/1 for semi-final v Cork - and QF v kildare last year when it was a winner for me).

Anyway good luck to anyone who's bet involves donegal winning!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Took the draw @ 8/1. Pay for the ticket for the replay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

gallyer wrote: »
    Tickets got and cant wait for sunday. very nervous. Hoping to see Michael Murphy lift Sam, but really think it will be a very tight game, could go either way. Anyway not that I need a bet for an extra interest in this game, but stuck a tenner on Lacey for man of the match, only 10/1 at PP (was 20/1 for semi-final v Cork - and QF v kildare last year when it was a winner for me).

Anyway good luck to anyone who's bet involves donegal winning!!!:D

careful with that. Did you get paid on lacey for semi final. he was awarded man of the match by GAA after the match but RTE awarded it to Neil Gallagher. Think most firms settle on RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

careful with that. Did you get paid on lacey for semi final. he was awarded man of the match by GAA after the match but RTE awarded it to Neil Gallagher. Think most firms settle on RTE

The PP market is called RTE Man of the Match so there's no ambiguity there.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gallyer

No didnt get paid after the semi, as MrJoeSoap said the market is clearly RTE MOTM on PP. I thought Lacey got it in semi wen there was a presentation to him at the end of the game but think that was for playing his 100th game for Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Following on others advice I've taken the unders in total points, also no goalscorer at 9/2 with PP, they have a MBS as well if the game is level at HT or FT

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

have D Vaughan for red card@20/1,
    m murphy first goalsorer@8/1 special, if scores 2 goals 16/1
    0-16 wides @13/8

KevIRL wrote: »
    also no goalscorer at 9/2 with PP, they have a MBS as well if the game is level at HT or FT
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

mayo +7 evs. +7 is too high a handicap for a football final imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Aftertiming I know, but had Donegal by exactly 4 to finish off the football season nicely, at 11/1.

Congrats to all the Donegal fans on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm gonna put 15 on Shefflin @ 7/1 and 3 on Canning @ 5/1 for tyhe MOTM tomorrow. If Galway win (very unlikely, I think) I might make my money back with what I expect to be Canning winning the MOTM. But if Kilkenny win, I'm nearly certain Shefflin will get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Ladbrokes have Shefflin at 8/1.
    I think theres good value in that myself.

If there's no standout winner he could get it and the whole
    record breaking medal wins and everything if Kilkenny win thers a good chance he'll get it anyway.

He'll score a load of free's so could end the the day with a big score and is due a goal aswell hopefully.

I certanly would'nt give anyone odds of 8/1 on him.

Increasingly confident that Kilkenny will win this today, think they will beat the 3 point handicap too, Galway goalkeeper injury is a huge factor, I expect KK to attempt to raise a green flag early on too. Shefflin to get MOTM, with his performance last time out and the record breaking 9th win to come into the consideration for that. First scoring play Kilkenny goal for a fun bet too

KevIRL wrote: »
    Increasingly confident that Kilkenny will win this today, think they will beat the 3 point handicap too, Galway goalkeeper injury is a huge factor, I expect KK to attempt to raise a green flag early on too. Shefflin to get MOTM, with his performance last time out and the record breaking 9th win to come into the consideration for that. First scoring play Kilkenny goal for a fun bet too

I would tend to agree with you on all accounts but i'm going to stay away from it and hopefully enjoy the game but my main bet is on the minor game - Tipp to score over 1.5 goals is great value @ 4/5 with Paddy's, they scored 2 last time out and it could very easily have been 4, maybe if that comes in ill have a nibble on Sheff MOTM

Radonman wrote: »
    I would tend to agree with you on all accounts but i'm going to stay away from it and hopefully enjoy the game but my main bet is on the minor game - Tipp to score over 1.5 goals is great value @ 4/5 with Paddy's, they scored 2 last time out and it could very easily have been 4, maybe if that comes in ill have a nibble on Sheff MOTM

Half way there already

Boom :) , 14mins on and money banked

Hope someone else got on it as I posted it late, one more for Tipp and I clean up as I also took a small nibble on over 2.5 @ 9/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

So it's settled. Shefflin MOTM is the pick of the bets for this game, nearly everything is in his favour including outrageous 8/1 odds. Might throw 20 quid on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Shefflin is 9/1 with PP to score 2 or more goals.

The fact he takes the penalty's does anyone think thats worth a bet or am I wasteing my money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement