Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭jack747

what does everyone think of tannion over 0.5 evens i think its pretty decent and was thinking kevin hynes anytime yellow at 13/8 could be a good bet because can see walter walsh runnin at him if hes starting and may have to take a yellow at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Shefflin to be one of RTE's Man Of The Match Nominations is 7/4

They pick 3

Good odds too!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Radonman wrote: »
    Boom :) , 14mins on and money banked

Hope someone else got on it as I posted it late, one more for Tipp and I clean up as I also took a small nibble on over 2.5 @ 9/4

Yep, got a few pound on this. Excellent call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Shefflin is 9/1 with PP to score 2 or more goals.

The fact he takes the penalty's does anyone think thats worth a bet or am I wasteing my money.

I don't fancy him for 2. He might get 1 alright but if you're going for 2, go for Canning. The PP Money back special looks good. If you pick the correct first goalscorer and he goes on to score a second they double your odds. I'd fancy Canning to be best bet for that. He's 5/1 for first goalscorer so you'd get a nice bit back if he scored first and you'd be laughing if he scored another after.

I'm basing all of this on last weeks game and the fact that Canning has always been the main man for goalscoring in any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Does anyone know if you back 1st goalscorer each way with Paddy Power is it first 3 or 4 goals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dont think Shefflin did enough to win MOTM to be honest.

1 of the 2 Hogan'S will get it I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

They were giving him an awful amount of praise today though. If they take his heroics in the last game into account (they probably will, since they wouldn't have been playing today had it not been for him the last week), and his efforts throughout the whole campaign, he'll definitely get it. If they base it just on today's match and not anything else, its a different story. Power to get it if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I taught he was very good in the first half but second half
    I did'nt think he was as good.

Hopefully he makes the top 3 for that 7/4 bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Lads theres a great value bet on bet365.
    Shefflin is 5/1 to be top scorer in the championship.
    PP have him at 10/11.

He's 16 points behind Dowling who can be backed at 1/1 with PP to cover yourself.

I've done
    Shefflin at 5/1 €120

Canning at 12/1 €20
    Pa Burke at 50/1 €6 (just incase :))
    Gona do Dowling with PP in the morning €145 at 1/1

These look like the only possible winners of top scorer and if any of the other 3 win you more or less break even or if its shefflin your quids in.

Whats everyone gona spend their winnings on :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I only threw a fiver on him, should have topped up my account for that bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I had Kilkenny v Galway - D Burke @ 12/1 (Win) only got the 12/1 bit i should have got 24/1 as he scored twice.
    Does it take a few hours to update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

PopTarts wrote: »
    Shefflin to be one of RTE's Man Of The Match Nominations is 7/4

They pick 3

Good odds too!

Any chance this might come in?

Thought there was stronger out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Iarla Tannian is 1/2 to get an All Star with PP
    Surely this is a cert after he getting Man of the Match in the drawn game and he has played well all year.
    No other real stand out contenders in the midfield position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

hupskip wrote: »
    Iarla Tannian is 1/2 to get an All Star with PP
    Surely this is a cert after he getting Man of the Match in the drawn game and he has played well all year.
    No other real stand out contenders in the midfield position.

He's 1/10

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-hurling/all-star-awards?ev_oc_grp_ids=18891

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

It's local gaa championship here in donegal. Glenfin take on bundoran in the second leg game in glenfin today, glenfin have lost the first leg by 7 points and lost an earlier league game by 10 and at 5/6 with paddy power it's not to be missed

Bundoran €110.02 @ 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Alot of games on this weekend, and while looking at Ulster in particular I noticed there is great value in the Monaghan SFC final between Ballybay and Clontibret.

Clontibret are, imo, great value at 11/8. This is an experienced team who have won 4 of the last 6 Monaghan titles and haven't lost a county final since the 90s. On the other hand Ballybay are a young team in their first county final for 25 years. Clontibret are full of county players past and present, although Ballybay do have Paul Finlay in their ranks along with a few younger players who are breaking onto the Monaghan team at present.

All this being said 11/8 is far too big a price for Clontibret and I will be putting quite a bit on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Posted this on the Waterford GAA thread, De La Salle v Dungarvan in the SHC final today. DLS an experienced, well oiled machine that have "been there and done that", whereas Dungarvan are the young pretenders with 8 U21's expected to start (3 of which are still minors).
    However, DLS have stumbled through their QF by a point v Lismore and were lucky to get through their semi v Mount Sion by 4. They have been struggling of late it has to be said. Dungarvan have been solid enough all year and with the final being on in Fraher field in Dungarvan, it's basically a home game for them which is surely worth a few points in their favour. It's their first county final in 61 years so they'll be well up for it, especially in front of thousands of their own crowd.

The +6 on Dungarvan looks appealing at even money, they may not win but I don't think they'll be beaten by anymore than a few points. A very good bet IMO and I'm going to throw a few bob on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Any one have tips/bets for this weekends club games?is there any money to be made today?

Another tip I feel is good value in the Monaghan football final today is Clontibret's Conor McManus to score a goal anytime at 3/1.

This is his 5th county final in 7 years and he's scored a goal in 3 of the other 4, very much a player who rises to the occasion in a county final. If Clontibret are to win it will most likely be as a result of a rake of scores from McManus, he is by far their main scoring threat. 13/2 for first goalscorer is tempting odds aswell but this is a game I think could have a few goals so the anytime odds is the safe option, I'll probably throw a few euro on first goal aswell just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

shrewdness wrote: »
    Alot of games on this weekend, and while looking at Ulster in particular I noticed there is great value in the Monaghan SFC final between Ballybay and Clontibret.

Clontibret are, imo, great value at 11/8. This is an experienced team who have won 4 of the last 6 Monaghan titles and haven't lost a county final since the 90s. On the other hand Ballybay are a young team in their first county final for 25 years. Clontibret are full of county players past and present, although Ballybay do have Paul Finlay in their ranks along with a few younger players who are breaking onto the Monaghan team at present.

All this being said 11/8 is far too big a price for Clontibret and I will be putting quite a bit on that.

Ballybay 1-9 Clontibret 0-3. 35 minutes gone. :(

Apologies to anyone who took my advice on Clontibret, outplayed all over by a younger, hungrier team and left themselves far too much to do in the second half. The tactics were strange from the management and there was no plan b but noone can deny Ballybay deserved it. Unfortunately my other tip didn't come in either as Vinny Corey got the goals while for some reason McManus was took out to a deeper role where he couldn't do any damage.

All the same I still think they were good odds at the time and worth a go. You win some, you lose some.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cake Man wrote: »
    Posted this on the Waterford GAA thread, De La Salle v Dungarvan in the SHC final today. DLS an experienced, well oiled machine that have "been there and done that", whereas Dungarvan are the young pretenders with 8 U21's expected to start (3 of which are still minors).
    However, DLS have stumbled through their QF by a point v Lismore and were lucky to get through their semi v Mount Sion by 4. They have been struggling of late it has to be said. Dungarvan have been solid enough all year and with the final being on in Fraher field in Dungarvan, it's basically a home game for them which is surely worth a few points in their favour. It's their first county final in 61 years so they'll be well up for it, especially in front of thousands of their own crowd.

The +6 on Dungarvan looks appealing at even money, they may not win but I don't think they'll be beaten by anymore than a few points. A very good bet IMO and I'm going to throw a few bob on.

Good write up. I thought about Dungarvan +6 but went for DLS -7 at 13/10 instead. As you mentioned, DLS are the experienced team and in a final this can make the difference.
    The club finals can be very tough games to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good write up. I thought about Dungarvan +6 but went for DLS -7 at 13/10 instead. As you mentioned, DLS are the experienced team and in a final this can make the difference.
    The club finals can be very tough games to call.

Fair play Shamo, that -7 came in handy enough anyway. Apologies if anyone followed on that Dungarvan +6, they started well but DLS were just too strong and overpowered them thereafter. Experience is certainly priceless in those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No need to be apologising for tips that don't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

well anyone have tips for today?any good accas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pre Season tournaments start this weekend.

Any valoooo?

14:00 Cork v CIT
    1/6

12/1

4/1

14:00 Longford v Meath
    13/8

7/1

4/7

14:00 Louth v UCD
    8/11

15/2

5/4

14:00 Carlow v Dublin
    5/1

14/1

1/10

14:00 Offaly v Laois
    11/10

15/2

5/6

14:00 Westmeath v Athlone IT
    3/10

8/1

11/4

14:00 Kerry v IT Tralee
    1/20

16/1

13/2

14:00 Clare v LIT
    1/7

14/1

4/1

14:00 Wicklow v DCU
    2/1

15/2

4/9

14:00 Wexford v DIT
    5/6

15/2

11/10

14:00 Kildare v Carlow IT
    1/4

9/1

3/1

14:00 Monaghan v St Marys
    1/10

14/1

5/1

14:00 Cavan v Down
    11/10

7/1

5/6

14:00 Antrim v UUJ
    8/13

15/2

6/4

14:00 Tyrone v Derry
    2/5

15/2

9/4

14:00 Galway v NUI Galway
    2/5

8/1

9/4

14:00 Sligo IT v Sligo
    4/7

8/1

6/4

14:00 Roscommon v Leitrim
    4/9

15/2

2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Super Split

Longford look like good value. Meath are trying out a lot of new lads. Down a Division One side are 6/5 with Boyles and could be worth a bet against Cavan who are still blooding alot of new lads. Kildare at home to Carlow IT at 1/4 also stands out to me. Carlow IT have made great strides lately but I can't see it being enough to take this one. Roscommon will be eager to impress under new man John Evans and 4/9 with home advantage against Leitrim is not a bad price.

Meath, westmeath, Roscommon, Wexford and Louth - threw a fiver on for interest - returns 47, wexford will probably be the dodgiest but time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Clare are reported to have a good few injuries and an outbreak of flu in the camp, so 1/7 certainly doesn't appeal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement