Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

you at the sham?
    any chance of a comeback?

God no - feet up in front of the fire in Cork:pac:

Reading the comments on the link above said Meath had more possession but are very wasteful, while Louth scored from any real chance they had - wasn't expecting that kind of performance from either - quite the opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    God no - feet up in front of the fire in Cork:pac:

Reading the comments on the link above said Meath had more possession but are very wasteful, while Louth scored from any real chance they had - wasn't expecting that kind of performance from either - quite the opposite!

perfect, thanks, didnt look at link.
    put a cheeky 10er in play on meath at 9/2 , score 8-4 at the time, ya never know with royals ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭wellieboot

8pts to 5 now

ended a draw, dramatic stuff apparently ..typical meath!!close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭wellieboot

Finished all square

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Meath 1-08 v 0-11 Louth

What a finish !!
    Louth's keeper saved a pen in the last min and they went up the other end and score a point - the insurance point...but then Meath score a goal....and then Louth get the equalizing point in the very last minute of injury time!!

Meath 1-08 v 0-11 Louth

What a finish !!
    Louth's keeper saved a pen in the last min and they went up the other end and score a point - the insurance point...but then Meath score a goal....and then Louth get the equalizing point in the very last minute of injury time!!

yea was keeping an eye on your link, thank god I didnt have serious money on it, id be cracked then, good old Meath, always come up with surprises!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Not alot of value too be seen this weekend but 2 teams i think could be are Carlow @ 9/4 and Offaly @ 7/4

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Not alot of value too be seen this weekend but 2 teams i think could be are Carlow @ 9/4 and Offaly @ 7/4

probably agree, 2 good shouts

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

Have gone, Dublin,Kildare,Laois,Tyrone,Fermanagh,Cork,Kerry,Sligo,Mayo,
    Galway and Roscommon. €10 acc pays €60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

leedslad wrote: »
    Have gone, Dublin,Kildare,Laois,Tyrone,Fermanagh,Cork,Kerry,Sligo,Mayo,
    Galway and Roscommon. €10 acc pays €60

Think i'll give this early season sh1te a miss anymore. let down by Cork,Mayo and Dublin

leedslad wrote: »
    Think i'll give this early season sh1te a miss anymore. let down by Cork,Mayo and Dublin

yea got shafted this weekend aswell ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Results of the day

O’Byrne Cup SF round 3
    Meath 1-13 0-15 UCD, Navan FT
    Louth 1-17 0-09 Longford, Drogheda FT
    Dublin 0-10 1-11 Wicklow, Parnell Park FT
    Carlow 0-08 3-08 DCU, Carlow FT
    Westmeath 0-07 0-08 Offaly, Mullingar FT
    Laois 2-21 0-13 AIT, Portarlington FT
    Kildare 1-13 1-11 Wexford, Newbridge FT
    Carlow IT 1-10 0-15 DIT, Carlow IT FT

McKenna Cup SF round 2
    Fermanagh 2-15 1-05 St Mary’s, Brewster Park FT
    Donegal 1-05 3-16 Monaghan, Pairc MacCumhaill FT
    Antrim 1-10 2-13 Tyrone, Casement Park FT

FBD FL round 2
    Sligo 0-14 1-09 NUIG, Tourlestrane FT
    Galway 0-16 1-05 Sligo IT, Tuam FT
    Leitrim 0-09 0-08 Mayo, Ballinamore FT
    Roscommon 1-20 1-04 GMIT, Strokestown FT

McGrath Cup SF quarter-finals
    Limerick 2-16 2-13 Clare AET
    UCC 0-10 2-12 Kerry FT
    Tipperary 2-09 1-09 Cork FT
    UL 0-12 0-16 Waterford AET

what ye think?
    tomorrow night: mayo. donegal, monaghan, tyrone, derry along with over 2.5 goals in chelsea game.
    €20 returns €128.92 with PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There's about a 20% edge on the market prices on the bet I put on livegaelic this week.

Don't want to just spam links to the piece, so if anybody doesn't want to click it's Down, Mayo & Galway at Boyles prices.

Clicks are very much appreciated though :o

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-pre-season-competitions-round-4/

25 on Down/Kerry/Tip treble

Down should be the tighest of the 3 but I reckon they will win.
    If Kerry or Tip lose....I'll stop betting on GAA until the championship!

25 on Down/Kerry/Tip treble

Down should be the tighest of the 3 but I reckon they will win.
    If Kerry or Tip lose....I'll stop betting on GAA until the championship!

Playing with 14 for most of the second half didn't help Down's case - surprised by Tip needing ET while Kerry walked it.

Red card killed Down.

Any thoughts on who will win the National Football Leagues. So far im thinking

Div.1 - Dublin
    Div.2 - Galway
    Div.3 - Monaghan
    Div.4 - Limerick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

clare hurlers gone from 4/7 to 6s on against ul tomorrow.. mighnt take much cash to do that but significant all the same ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on who will win the National Football Leagues. So far im thinking

Div.1 - Dublin
    Div.2 - Galway
    Div.3 - Monaghan
    Div.4 - Limerick

Div.1 - Kerry
    Div.2 - Armagh
    Div.3 - Meath
    Div.4 - Offaly

My bet for this weekend is going to be

Cork
    Tyrone
    Mayo
    Monaghan

£10 returns £178.38

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

clare hurlers heavily punted again for tonight match...were 5/4 yest...

Going to go with....

Cork
    Tyrone
    wexford

Cork game will be tight, Tyrone should win as should wexford - expect 3 losses now I've thrown a few quid on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

really like the look of derry against a poor galway team, 7/4 is a great price in my opinion dis galway team is consistenly overrated in my opinion as evidenced last yr when they were beaten twice in the championship by teams who were rank outsiders. new management in derry and players will be keen to impress

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnMoralltach

paul08 wrote: »
    really like the look of derry against a poor galway team, 7/4 is a great price in my opinion dis galway team is consistenly overrated in my opinion as evidenced last yr when they were beaten twice in the championship by teams who were rank outsiders. new management in derry and players will be keen to impress
    I would have thought the price looks a bit slim.Wouldnt really rate McIvor as a manager and dont see where the scores will come from to get an away win. This "poor" galway team won in derry last year with a similar spine. Martin is hitting year 2and him linking up with meehan and armstrong could be exactly what this galway team need.
    I like the look of them -1. Logic can go out the window in the opening round however!that said i would be waiting for 2/1 upwards before id consider derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

anyone think leitrim bit overpriced at 4.2 had decent pre season and have good defence and free taker.

link betfair market.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

keane2097 wrote: »
    There's about a 20% edge on the market prices on the bet I put on livegaelic this week.

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-pre-season-competitions-round-4/

Great call on Westmeath today. Went in reasonably heavy @ 1.9. They left it late but won by a single point. I wish I had the nerve to stick it in a double with Fermanagh.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Going to go with....

Cork
    Tyrone
    wexford

Cork game will be tight, Tyrone should win as should wexford - expect 3 losses now I've thrown a few quid on them.

Thought Cork would be better than that - pity as the other 2 won.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement