Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Any readers of the Irish News i hope use followed Benny Tierneys tips in Benny's Betting Box. Glad i stuck a tenner on now to win £150.34. Just a pity Cork couldnt get a win so i could get my own bet up

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Any readers of the Irish News i hope use followed Benny Tierneys tips in Benny's Betting Box. Glad i stuck a tenner on now to win £150.34. Just a pity Cork couldnt get a win so i could get my own bet up

Is this column online anywhere?

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Is this column online anywhere?

Im not too sure mate but i could always post up his selections if u like.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Any thoughts on who will win the National Football Leagues. So far im thinking

Div.1 - Dublin
    Div.2 - Galway
    Div.3 - Monaghan
    Div.4 - Limerick

i would agree 100%

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Im not too sure mate but i could always post up his selections if u like.

That'd be great - cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Great call on Westmeath today. Went in reasonably heavy @ 1.9. They left it late but won by a single point. I wish I had the nerve to stick it in a double with Fermanagh.

Cheers.

I'm a bit sickened with Westmeath myself as I took them -1. Fermanagh were a bigger bet though, as big as Cork so saved myself some pain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just looking ahead to the Saturday night league fixtures, is it just me or do Monaghan look great value at 13/10 at -2 handicap? I know they're away and it's a local derby but after last weekends results I thought they'd be a shorter price. For a safer option they're 4/6 just for the win and 10/11 at -1, looks like value to me anyway.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Just looking ahead to the Saturday night league fixtures, is it just me or do Monaghan look great value at 13/10 at -2 handicap? I know they're away and it's a local derby but after last weekends results I thought they'd be a shorter price. For a safer option they're 4/6 just for the win and 10/11 at -1, looks like value to me anyway.

Depends how much you think a point is worth relative to the price?

Bennys Betting Box tips

Monaghan
    Leitrim
    Longford
    Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I reckon kerry/dublin draw at 15/2 is worth a punt this weekend.Kerry are missing big players like gooch,o leary,galvin due to club duties and injuries and will have a young and inexperienced team out.Dublin will be strong opposition for this side and are rightfully slight 10/11 fav, but kerry coming off a defeat up in mayo last week they will put up a solid showing in killarney.Should be very close game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Jesus I couldn't have been more wrong about Monaghan it seems. 0-7 to 0-1 down at half time, and Conor McManus sent off early on. Cavan had a man sent off since too but with neither Paul Finlay or Tommy Freeman on the pitch it's hard to see where the scores are going to come from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Down are a point up at the moment, 9/5 to win!!

edit, good comeback by Donegal to win , ft 0-12 v 0-07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Louth Galway off for anyone thinking of betting on it. Thinking Dublin limerick Meath treble today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

elhorse wrote: »
    Louth Galway off for anyone thinking of betting on it. Thinking Dublin limerick Meath treble today

Hope you backed your thoughts.

Had Dublin, Meath, sligo and Mayo....oh Mayo:(

Edit: Just watched the highlights and I'm even more annoyed. Mayo 2 pts up 10 seconds left of injury time and ......penalty to Tyrone, a 1 point loss....gutted!!

shrewdness wrote: »
    Jesus I couldn't have been more wrong about Monaghan it seems. 0-7 to 0-1 down at half time, and Conor McManus sent off early on. Cavan had a man sent off since too but with neither Paul Finlay or Tommy Freeman on the pitch it's hard to see where the scores are going to come from.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over that, a game with an early red card really throws everything else into confusion so nothing to say your original bet wasn't a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

trying to pick a bet for the weekend, thinking cross crokes double, anything else i cant put with it for a treble , increase my odds ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

just a word of caution pass.. incresing your odds while decreases your chances.. bookies will love it every day of the week... cross kk (hurling) double.. looks good to me if you can wait for the outrights... good luck.

rambojon wrote: »
    just a word of caution pass.. incresing your odds while decreases your chances.. bookies will love it every day of the week... cross kk (hurling) double.. looks good to me if you can wait for the outrights... good luck.

yea agree with you jam, cheers..i would always be cautious enough anyway,..KK is a good shout for outright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sigh, thought Galway (evs) and Clare (3/10) would have been priced bit bigger for this weekends league games. Will be taking Galway anyway at that price, think that they will have enough for KK in Pearse stadium, if it was Nowlan Park then maybe a bit different.

In terms of the league overall I think Galway 5/2 to win division 1A is a cracking bet. They have 3 home games and 2 away, the homes are against KK, Tipp and Cork and they travel to Clare and Waterford. Couldnt be more favourable. Also can see them being pretty determined to have a good league to ensure competitive games for as long as possible given that they pretty much have a bye into the Leinster Championship thanks to a super handy draw. They are available at 3/1 to win the League outright, but I think the 5/2 on winning 1A is the better bet as it rules out a loss in the playoffs.

Will have a closer look at the other league games closer to the weekend, initial thoughts are that Galway (evs) and Tipp (4/6) look worth a bet, gonna have to check the handicap in the other 1A game when its up. Zero value in any of the 1B matches this weekend imo

i agree Kev not much value about in the Hurling. Agree with Tipp havent made my mind up about anything else. Maybe try a wee bet on Offaly to beat Dublin

• Advertisement

Wow Brigid's at evens and Ballymun @2.1 for the final. Really thought Brigid's would be a lot shorter than that.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sigh, thought Galway (evs) and Clare (3/10) would have been priced bit bigger for this weekends league games. Will be taking Galway anyway at that price, think that they will have enough for KK in Pearse stadium, if it was Nowlan Park then maybe a bit different.

In terms of the league overall I think Galway 5/2 to win division 1A is a cracking bet. They have 3 home games and 2 away, the homes are against KK, Tipp and Cork and they travel to Clare and Waterford. Couldnt be more favourable. Also can see them being pretty determined to have a good league to ensure competitive games for as long as possible given that they pretty much have a bye into the Leinster Championship thanks to a super handy draw. They are available at 3/1 to win the League outright, but I think the 5/2 on winning 1A is the better bet as it rules out a loss in the playoffs.

Will have a closer look at the other league games closer to the weekend, initial thoughts are that Galway (evs) and Tipp (4/6) look worth a bet, gonna have to check the handicap in the other 1A game when its up. Zero value in any of the 1B matches this weekend imo

Boyles go 13/10 Galway, thats more like it. Will be having some of that for sure

just read this on hoganstand and maybe Waterford could be worth a bet at 3/1.

Clare have an injury crisis on their hands as the national hurling league looms.

The Banner County open their Division 1A campaign against manager Davy Fitzgerald's former charges Waterford at Ennis this weekend and will be without five key men.

Former captain Brian O'Connell, Cian Dillon, Nicky O'Connell, Conor McGrath and Darach Honan will all miss out on the game, which is a dress rehearsal for this summer's Munster SHC meeting of the same two teams.

Hopefully people have been keeping an eye on my weekly column over the last while, pretty nice scoop:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-sigerson-cup-club-action/

I've grabbed the controls of the Proper Punter mobile for the weekends hurling, catch my thoughts here

G-G-G-Galway

Kerry look like good price to beat Westmeath in hurling IMO

Going by this post from a Kerry hurling fan on the GAA forum I wouldnt be getting on them tbh
    Could be tough year ahead for my own county,starting out with a very young panel this year and have lost 6 experienced players to retirement and other reasons,the three home games are going to be massive if we can get results in them then we should be safe,starting on Sunday against Westmeath who are a level ahead of Kerry at the moment and will probably push Laois for the title

Staying in this division will be the goal this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Galway gone into 4/5 on Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

yeah galway gambled into odds on everywhere. Also like carlow +7 at odds against with ladbrokes. wexford not that great anyway and carlow are getting better.

• Advertisement

had a feeling this one would come in. westmeath very poor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement