Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    just read this on hoganstand and maybe Waterford could be worth a bet at 3/1.

Clare have an injury crisis on their hands as the national hurling league looms.

The Banner County open their Division 1A campaign against manager Davy Fitzgerald's former charges Waterford at Ennis this weekend and will be without five key men.

Former captain Brian O'Connell, Cian Dillon, Nicky O'Connell, Conor McGrath and Darach Honan will all miss out on the game, which is a dress rehearsal for this summer's Munster SHC meeting of the same two teams.

great call made a nice bit off it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

had a feeling this one would come in. westmeath very poor

Sigh, hope me reposting the bit from the GAA forum didnt put you off man.

Galway brought home the beans for me today, if they could go onto top the table it would be extra sweet.

Didnt have balls to back Waterford, wp those who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sigh, hope me reposting the bit from the GAA forum didnt put you off man.

Galway brought home the beans for me today, if they could go onto top the table it would be extra sweet.

Didnt have balls to back Waterford, wp those who did.
    yea won a bit on them..but also had them in a treble with waterford and ireland rugby...ragin with the oval ball boys..screwed me over

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Bennys Betting Box this week is

Armagh
    Limerick
    Derry
    Kildare

2 teams this weekend who look like value to me.

Down 11/4 at home to Cork
    Clare 2/1 away to Offaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

2 teams this weekend who look like value to me.

Down 11/4 at home to Cork
    Clare 2/1 away to Offaly

Offaly are actually going quite well under the new manager I wouldnt be betting on Clare to beat them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Offaly are actually going quite well under the new manager I wouldnt be betting on Clare to beat them there.

At 2/1?

How bad do we think Clare are?

Offaly are definitely overpriced in that one, as were Limerick last time out. Especially with Anton Sullivan injured. A couple of half decent performances in the O'Byrne cup have not transformed Offaly from possibly the worst team besides London in the country last year into a side that ought to be almost 1/2 against anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

keane2097 wrote: »
    At 2/1?

How bad do we think Clare are?

Offaly are definitely overpriced in that one, as were Limerick last time out. Especially with Anton Sullivan injured. A couple of half decent performances in the O'Byrne cup have not transformed Offaly from possibly the worst team besides London in the country last year into a side that ought to be almost 1/2 against anyone.

I think thats a stretch to be honest. Offaly had a poor season last year but are by no means the worst team in the country. They played very well in the game against Limerick only to lose it in the last 2 minutes.

Maybe their underpriced but I would rather back an underpriced winner than an overpriced loser.

Maybe their underpriced but I would rather back an underpriced winner than an overpriced loser.

lol, must be nice not caring about money!

lol, must be nice not caring about money!

I think you either misread or misunderstood the statement.

• Advertisement

I think you either misread or misunderstood the statement.

Well your statement seems to baldly contradict the fundamental aim of sports-betting which is that you should avoid betting underpriced selections and aim to bet overpriced selections at all costs.

"I'd rather back an underpriced winner than an overpriced loser" is the sort of talk that keeps Paddy Power in caviare.

Well your statement seems to baldly contradict the fundamental aim of sports-betting which is that you should avoid betting underpriced selections and aim to bet overpriced selections at all costs.

"I'd rather back an underpriced winner than an overpriced loser" is the sort of talk that keeps Paddy Power in caviare.

No I'm afraid your wildly mistaken there.

Backing winners is the fundamental aim of sports betting.

I would always rather back a winner than a loser as I'm sure you would.

Now if your talking about looking for value then thats a different argument. But for me Clare are far from overpriced.

No I'm afraid your wildly mistaken there.

Backing winners is the fundamental aim of sports betting.

Ok.
    I would always rather back a winner than a loser as I'm sure you would.

Nope, I'd much prefer to know I'd made the correct pre-match assessment of which selection is value based on the relative strengths of the teams and how the prices align with those strengths.

If I could find some crystal ball that would tell me with 100% certainty that I had made a bet at the correct price every time I wouldn't ever even bother looking at who won a particular game, there would be no need.
    Now if your talking about looking for value then thats a different argument.

Says you.
    But for me Clare are far from overpriced.

What price do you make them?

Say I'm barred from every bookie and the best I can do is back Offaly at 1/4 with a buddy. If I make that bet and Offaly win have I made a correct bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

I think the key factor here is: is mcnamee fit to play? If he is, Offaly will beat Clare. If not, I wouldn't touch them at that price

Ok.

What price do you make them?

Initial look I think Clare should be 5/2 and Offaly are priced about right maybe should be 4/6.

Just my opinion of course. Clare may have improved but I think Offaly with McNamee, Conor will have too much for them up front.

Initial look I think Clare should be 5/2 and Offaly are priced about right maybe should be 4/6.

You think both sides are too short?

You think both sides are too short?

I think Offaly are about right. Its all subjective and dependent on players available.

Here's this week's column anyway, hopefully we can keep up the extremely profitable recent run:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-bringing-home-the-bacon/

*may include betting on Clare

I think Limerick are a tad big at evs to beat our lads tomorrow night :(

Yeah that was pretty close to a bet as well, especially with no Gary Hurney.

What happened the other O'Gorman lad?

• Advertisement

sigh, was right unfortunately. Close game but Limerick shade it by 8 points to 6

A ****ing own goal for a crossbar in the Armagh Longford game. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

A ****ing own goal for a crossbar in the Armagh Longford game. Sigh.

I was on it too. However, if there was any justice in the game Armagh would've been down to 14 or 13 for the ridiculous fouls when Longford were through for goals. So can't give out too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

laois screwed me over last night..whats the bets for today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Kildare 4/5
    Tyrone v Donegal (u29.5) 5/6 on Boylesport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Yeah I think kildare can hold off kerry meant be a sell out.

Also think tyrone are value to beat donegal at 10/11, have looked much the sharper team so far this season and thier at home

Cork score a goal with the last kick off the game to deny me on my bet on Down but still up this weekend thanks to two singles on Cavan and Clare and an accumulator on Benny's Betting Box tips.

Ha - checked the scores on my phone earlier and misread the Offaly - Clare result thinking Offaly had scored a late goal to steal it. Very happy to see I was wrong! That 2/1 was an outrageous price. Hope I had a few followers this week as it's been another profitable one.

Cork score a goal with the last kick off the game to deny me on my bet on Down but still up this weekend thanks to two singles on Cavan and Clare and an accumulator on Benny's Betting Box tips.

Nicely done. What's Benny's Betting Box?

• Advertisement

Benny Tierney's tips in his Irish News column. I post them up on here. In the 3 weeks of the NFL he has had 2 winning accumulators.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement