Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Good work lads over the weekend. Profitable weekend with most of the games going as though. Tyrone, Kildare , Dublin treble happy days :-)

Offaly and Clare proved to be a good encounter in the end nice to see keane2097 hitting a winner there and at 2/1 nice price too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Handicaps are up for this weekend for div 1A hurling. Cork -1 against Waterford is fantastic imo. Ladbrokes seem to be biggest at 10/11 for that. Also going -2 with PP @ 11/10.

Sent it into Keane for the PropPunt but not sure when he puts it up on the site so thought I'd throw it up here too.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Handicaps are up for this weekend for div 1A hurling. Cork -1 against Waterford is fantastic imo. Ladbrokes seem to be biggest at 10/11 for that. Also going -2 with PP @ 11/10.

Sent it into Keane for the PropPunt but not sure when he puts it up on the site so thought I'd throw it up here too.

Cap moved to -2 (evs) everywhere except Boyles who are -1 (4/5). Still a bet imo

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Bennys Betting Box this week is

Antrim
    Cavan
    Leitrim
    Tyrone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I've had bets on Armagh +2 @ evens and Longford @ 5/4 so far. Leaning towards a bet on Dublin as well.

• Advertisement

Wexford look way too big to me away to Louth as well, what am I missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

keane2097 wrote: »
    Wexford look way too big to me away to Louth as well, what am I missing?

Home teams seem to be getting alot of respect from the bookmakers. Actually going on our previous discussion about Offaly and Clare this seems similar to the Kerry/Dublin ,Offaly/Clare lines home team favoured too much maybe?

Home teams seem to be getting alot of respect from the bookmakers. Actually going on our previous discussion about Offaly and Clare this seems similar to the Kerry/Dublin ,Offaly/Clare lines home team favoured too much maybe?

Yeah that and bookies reading too much into very short term form.

By my rating, I'd have Wexford very slight favourites for this. In their three games so far they played very much in the boundaries of expectation in the first two, i.e. narrowly beating Longford at home (would have made them ~2.5pt favs) and drawing in Armagh (~1pt dogs).

In the first game, I'm pretty sure I opposed Longford which means the bookies slightly underrated Wexford/slightly overrated Longford (probably the latter).

In the second game I didn't have a bet so both teams were rated about right.

In the third game Derry beat them handily in Wexford unexpectedly. I would have made Wexford ~1.5pt favourites for that one so they were about 10pts below expectation. Considering I didn't have a bet on that game either the bookies obviously agreed with me again, which means that in all three games so far the bookies have rated Wexford very close to how I've rated them.

Now all of a sudden, they lose one game badly and their price and mine are out by a massive amount (1.95 vs 2.75). From this we can see that either I wildly underrate Louth (which is unlikely as I've only had one small bet against them to date based on bad info), both myself and the bookies have hugely overrated Wexford to date or the bookies are hugely overestimating the last game.

I think the massive likelihood is that it's the third option there, which is all a longwinded way of saying I've now backed Wexford and am very happy with it.

(I'll probably be using the above post in my column later as well!)

Here's this week's bit, nothing major in it that hasn't been discussed here but I'd appreciate the clicks :)

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-well-be-churlish-if-we-want/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

any more tips for today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Kerry to finally get off the mark by beating Down at home in tralee tomorrow night.4/7 get on it large.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Kerry to finally get off the mark by beating Down at home in tralee tomorrow night.4/7 get on it large.

Kerry are all over the place at the moment and could well be relegated without winning a match - it's possible. If you are considering going large on Kerry I would strongly advise you to wait and see the line up. They really need some of their more senior players back and I think Tomás Ó Sé is suspended aswell.
    Down are no walk over either and I might have a flutter on them at 2/1 depending on Kerry's line up.
    Kerry could well win - but there are far better matches to be lumping on I think than Kerry at the moment - especially without seeing the lineups.
    Best of luck with the bet though.

I'm going for a Cork double at nearly 2/1 in Páirc Uí Rinn - should be 2 good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Kerry are all over the place at the moment and could well be relegated without winning a match - it's possible. If you are considering going large on Kerry I would strongly advise you to wait and see the line up. They really need some of their more senior players back and I think Tomás Ó Sé is suspended aswell.
    Down are no walk over either and I might have a flutter on them at 2/1 depending on Kerry's line up.
    Kerry could well win - but there are far better matches to be lumping on I think than Kerry at the moment - especially without seeing the lineups.
    Best of luck with the bet though.

I'm going for a Cork double at nearly 2/1 in Páirc Uí Rinn - should be 2 good games.

Ya tomas is out but they have strong team with maher and declan o sullivan back also.
    1. Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin)
    2. Marc Ó Sé (An Gaeltacht)
    3. Aidan O’Mahony (Rathmore)
    4. Shane Enright (Tarbert)
    5. Fionn Fitzgerald (Dr Crokes)
    6. Killian Young (Renard)
    7. Brian Maguire (Listowel Emmetts)
    8. Anthony Maher (Duagh)
    9. Eoin Brosnan (Capt) (Dr Crokes)
    10.Jonathan Lyne (Killarney Legion)
    11.Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane)
    12.Johnny Buckley (Dr Crokes)
    13.Declan O’Sullivan (Dromid Pearses)
    14.Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks)
    15.Darran O’Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That team looks ok but I wouldn't back them myself. If they have to bring Donaghy to midfield like they did in their previous games, their inside forwards won't be up to much - and their scoring averages have shown that.

Don't really love anything this weekend unfortunately. The Kildare price Hills have moved to is going to force me to get involved in that one.

I'd lean in Kerry's favour in that match but probably not enough to back them.

Put together a few thoughts on my pick of the bets this weekend here if anyone wants to take a look:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-a-rockier-road-ahead/

Pretty major tilt over that Dublin bet yesterday as Jim Gavin sends out a wildly different team to the one they announced. That situation is such a farce in the GAA, picking a believable dummy team is what most managers seem to do as the majority of their tactical planning. Gob****es.

I would probably have gone on a murderous rampage if I'd been in Croke Park and paid the 3 euro for an utterly redundant match program.

Had Dublin won by 3 or more my account would be around 90 greater - really annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

st.brigids 13/10 with hills doesnt look bad shout, had small investment on kilcormac at 9/4 with paddys.

A cracking day in Kilkenny ahead of the Waterford-KK league match. Nice dry sod, could be pretty high scoring. Taking the overs (42.5 pts) @ 5/6.

Also doing a mugs treble

over 42.5 KK v Waterford
    over 42.5 Gal v Tipp
    Offaly - 6 v Carlow

Comes in a little over 9/1

KevIRL wrote: »
    A cracking day in Kilkenny ahead of the Waterford-KK league match. Nice dry sod, could be pretty high scoring. Taking the overs (42.5 pts) @ 5/6.

Also doing a mugs treble

over 42.5 KK v Waterford
    over 42.5 Gal v Tipp
    Offaly - 6 v Carlow

Comes in a little over 9/1

Like the look of that - have gone for the over42.5 double and a single on kk over 24.5 at 10/11

• Advertisement

Watching TG4 - Overs for Galway game in with 20 mins to spare:)

Edit: Pity there weren't another few goals in the KK game:(

Weather turned to crap in the second half, even with that it still could have come in, KK missed a couple of goal chances they score 9 times out of ten. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭jack747

just looking at the early prices for the matches at the weekend anyone think offaly at 6/5 away to waterford is bit overpriced..offaly have some decent forwards and could be too strong

jack747 wrote: »
    just looking at the early prices for the matches at the weekend anyone think offaly at 6/5 away to waterford is bit overpriced..offaly have some decent forwards and could be too strong

V good indeed. Wheels coming off for Waterford somewhat plus the game isnt on in Fraher Field Dungarvan but rather in Walsh Park in the city as part of a double header with the hurlers. Fraher Field would certainly be the preferred venue for the footballers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dwyershane

is it just me or are Antrim hurlers a tad over priced at 13/8. Carlow are on a good run and at home but surely Antrim should be worth a few quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Any more ideas for today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Any more ideas for today?

Sligo are way too big at 7/4 against Fermanagh (boyles). Offaly (evs) footballers and Cork footballers (11/8 pp) would be my other two picks

dwyershane wrote: »
    is it just me or are Antrim hurlers a tad over priced at 13/8. Carlow are on a good run and at home but surely Antrim should be worth a few quid..

Antrim 1-8 Carlow 0-2 latest. Looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Limerick, Kerry and Kilkenny in the hurling at the weekend pays just over evens looks a decent bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Pudders wrote: »
    Limerick, Kerry and Kilkenny in the hurling at the weekend pays just over evens looks a decent bet.

Word of warning Limerick have named a weakened team and playing a few squad players.

Nice big bet on Kk -3 at home to cork I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement