Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

why are Offaly such favourites against antrim? is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Browney7 wrote: »
    Word of warning Limerick have named a weakened team and playing a few squad players.

Nice big bet on Kk -3 at home to cork I think

Late goal in Kk game sunk that one. Limerick only drew with a late goal from Wexford too. Balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Longford U21's are 7/2 to beat Kildare tonight ... I reckon its solid enough, what do ye think?

any ideas for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

All about whos got what to play for.
    Down v Kildare: Fancy Down at evens as they are playing for pride really and with Kildare already got semi-final place secured, expect them to rest few players. Need to wait on team news to be certain.
    Donegal v Dublin: Just like last year, Donegal need result from last round of games to stay up and with Dubs already qualified for Semis, home team justifyable favs. Again, team news vital but seems Brogans and Connolly could be rested which are big loss for team travelling to Ballybofey where Donegals record is decent. Only worry is that McGuinness seems to have started Championship training midweek & word is training was particulary gruelling so as long as no effects from a couple severe training sessions, expect home win.
    Derry v Westmeath: Visitors already secured final place and expected to ring in changes. Derry have few injury worries however as they need 1 point to claim the other final spot, expect big push and with Skinner Bradley expected to start, home victory expected against a weakened Westmeath side.
    Louth v Longford: Louth had bit of an up & down campaign & not safe. May be ok if other results go their way however im sure theyll be all out for win here. Longford down & buried & only pride to play for. Home advantage & threat of relegation should see home win.
    Sligo v Wicklow: Although Yeatsmen have had an indifferent campaign, need win to stay up for sure. Wicklow have been poor and win not enough unless they get other results. Both sides recent form poor however expect home advantage to swing it for Sligo.
    Monaghan v Antrim: Both sides with loads to play for, albeit at either side of table. Monaghan require win to secure promotion as other promotion likely to come from winner of Meath & Fermanagh game. Monaghan have had some decent results recently and only lost out by point away to Rossies last time out while Antrim were whalloped by Meath and lost at home to Roscommon also. Althogh 1/4 not appealing, should be ok for addition to an acca.
    Anyway, personally going for Donegal, Derry, Louth, Sligo and Monaghan @ almost 4.3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Nearly all right, all easy wins except for Donegal. Couple late Dublin scores snatched a draw, maybe that step up in training midweek had an effect in last 15 mins for Donegal. Not too gutted though as stupidy added Chelsea and Liverpool to acca so was beat from early on in day thanks to Liverfool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I reckon PP have gotten it wrong for Thursday nights minor hurling match between Waterford and Tipp, they go Waterford 2/1, Tipp 2/5. Waterford have had a lot of success at colleges level recently - Dungarvan Colleges beat Kilkenny CBS in the All Ireland on Saturday for example. Obviously backing minor especially early in the season can be something of a lottery, and I'm not sure how much preparation the team have had together, but I think with the talent in the team and home advantage 2/1 is a very big price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Tipp U-21s 2-1 to beat Cork tomorrow night - its on in Tipp, Tipp have two good minor teams to pick from and Cork have problems at midfield and in the full-back line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I like Kildare in the football and Clare in the hurling this weekend. Possibly will bet Dublin too depending on team news...

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-its-not-easy-being-a-tipster/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Batman101

Just a heads up on the Tipperary Club Championship is on this weekend. A treble of Moycarkey Borris @ 2/5, Nenagh Eire Og @4/11 and Ballingarry @2/5 is just over 6/4. This is a very very good bet. I can't see these teams getting into any trouble should all win well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

keane2097 wrote: »
    I like Kildare in the football and Clare in the hurling this weekend. Possibly will bet Dublin too depending on team news...

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-its-not-easy-being-a-tipster/

I've seen you make the suggestion before that hatred for Kildare causes them to be underpriced. I certainly don't think this is the case. On what they have achieved in championship, they attract far too much attention from the media. This attention, good and bad causes people to overrate their importance, and thus ability and price. They are still one of the best backed teams in the country over the last few years.

Look at the price they were against Cork in last years QF as an example. I think it was 11/8 at best, despite Cork being a far better side, in much better form, and a horrible matchup for Kildare due to midfield issues. The assertion that laying Kildare vs good teams = profit is certainly true when it comes to championship in recent years. It is not true in the league, and I have taken that 15/8 in tomorrow's game. That price however is largely due to them facing one of the only teams more overrated than they are

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Batman101 wrote: »
    Just a heads up on the Tipperary Club Championship is on this weekend. A treble of Moycarkey Borris @ 2/5, Nenagh Eire Og @4/11 and Ballingarry @2/5 is just over 6/4. This is a very very good bet. I can't see these teams getting into any trouble should all win well.

great shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Batman101

langer91 wrote: »
    great shout!

Thanks! I have been making easy money out of the club hurling in Tipp. There is never too many shocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Tipp / Dublin hurling today - over 43.5 total points @ 5/6 with Lads, looks good to me as Tipp are banging in the goals lately plus fine weather equals high scoring also Dublins lowest point total in the lower division was 18 so hopefuly they will achieve at least that today therefore giving my tip a chance.
    I also like Tipp to score a few goals today but i dont like the odds - over 1.5 @ 4/6 so ill wait 10 mins and have a punt then, hopefully ;)

I really like Dublin +5 @ evs.

Backed kk -3 @ 4/6 also but not so keen on that now with the weather conditions in thurles

Dublin so so poor

Radonman wrote: »
    Tipp / Dublin hurling today - over 43.5 total points @ 5/6 with Lads, looks good to me as Tipp are banging in the goals lately plus fine weather equals high scoring also Dublins lowest point total in the lower division was 18 so hopefuly they will achieve at least that today therefore giving my tip a chance.
    I also like Tipp to score a few goals today but i dont like the odds - over 1.5 @ 4/6 so ill wait 10 mins and have a punt then, hopefully ;)

Did not get the chance to get on the goals but main bet won :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone know what price Tipp went off at?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone know what price Tipp went off at?

1/4 in most places and 2/9 in PP, handicap was 5 points I think

westmeath and dublin -1 double is about 5/2?what ya reckon ?

• Advertisement

Waterford minor hurlers -2pts @ evs for tomorrow nights game v Clare. Snaffling this even though minor can be so unpredictable. Waterford with some v good success at colleges level and the excellent Patrick Curran playing too and home advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

KevIRL wrote: »
    Waterford minor hurlers -2pts @ evs for tomorrow nights game v Clare. Snaffling this even though minor can be so unpredictable. Waterford with some v good success at colleges level and the excellent Patrick Curran playing too and home advantage.

Im not so convinced Kev, the minor hurling in Munster this year is extremely tight - Waterford could easily have beaten Tipp and Clare definitely left it behind them against Cork, with their keeper having a mare.

-2 seems just about right allowing for home advantage tbh. Curran is a fantastic talent and looks very good agreed, the colleges hurling is largely irrelevant mainly becasue its a different age group - alot of the all Ireland winning team are actually over age for minor.

Best of luck with the bet!

Just the 17 points in it at the end. Waterford 4-18 Clare 1-10 :D

Clare definitely left it behind them against Cork, with their keeper having a mare.

Fairplay Premierstone, didn't know you even traveled down to Munster Minor Inter-County games that Tipp aren't playing in. Some dedication to the game of hurling.

Of course Cork dominated that game, hit a huge amount of wides and deserved to win by 8-10 points, but obviously we were watching different matches.

Just the 17 points in it at the end. Waterford 4-18 Clare 1-10 :D

Congrats. Should have got on that bet myself, Clare are very much a one man show.

Orizio wrote: »
    Congrats. Should have got on that bet myself, Clare are very much a one man show.

Down to Cork to play you guys now on 26th June. Limerick and Tipp in the other semi final

Down to Cork to play you guys now on 26th June. Limerick and Tipp in the other semi final

Aye. Limerick/Tipp are very strong. Cork have a lot of injury worries, mainly thanks to dual commitments. Anyone could win it, although I'd fancy the winner from the other semi.

Aye. Limerick/Tipp are very strong. Cork have a lot of injury worries, mainly thanks to dual commitments. Anyone could win it, although I'd fancy the winner from the other semi.

Tipp looked good on the first day against our lads alright, although the 6 point winning margin did flatter them somewhat.

As is always the case though with minor there can be pretty big swings in form. At least if you can book a Munster Final appearance there is a guarenteed place in the All Ireland series win or lose

Fairplay Premierstone, didn't know you even traveled down to Munster Minor Inter-County games that Tipp aren't playing in. Some dedication to the game of hurling.

Of course Cork dominated that game, hit a huge amount of wides and deserved to win by 8-10 points, but obviously we were watching different matches.

Yes I was at the game actually smart arse, I had a relation playing. Our views on what constitutes dominating a game of hurling vary greatly so, and the Clare keeper gifted Cork 1-2 in the closing minutes to give them the win. Hitting wides is not a skill btw and there was one match not matches.

Well done on the bet Kev hope you cleaned them! Suprised by the margin of victory, minors can be very unpredictable.

• Advertisement

Tipp looked good on the first day against our lads alright, although the 6 point winning margin did flatter them somewhat.

As is always the case though with minor there can be pretty big swings in form. At least if you can book a Munster Final appearance there is a guarenteed place in the All Ireland series win or lose

Couldnt make it to the Tipp/Waterford game but talking to a clubmate who was playing he was saying Tipp were quite lucky to get out of Waterford with a win at all.

Agree that a Munster Final appearance is huge, the semi final is the one game you really dont want to loose as there is no second chance, Limerick were unlucky in this reagard, they will have to play against a team that have already recorded a win and they have no back door safety net.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement