Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yes I was at the game actually smart arse, I had a relation playing. Our views on what constitutes dominating a game of hurling vary greatly so, and the Clare keeper gifted Cork 1-2 in the closing minutes to give them the win.

I'm a bit confused as to how we scored 1-2 in the 'closing minutes' when our third and final goal was just after half-time. :confused: Are you sure you were there?

Anyway Cork dominated the game bar a Clare purple before half-time and thoroughly deserved to win. Do you expect Waterford to beat Cork by 15 plus points 6 weeks from now? Considering Clare should have beaten Cork in Cork.
    Hitting wides is not a skill btw and there was one match not matches.

No need to be so condescending mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Couldnt make it to the Tipp/Waterford game but talking to a clubmate who was playing he was saying Tipp were quite lucky to get out of Waterford with a win at all.

Nah, Tipp were the better team on the night for sure, teams rarely are lucky to come out with a 6 point win. That said the scoreline definitely flattered them, and it could have gone the other way but Tipp took their chances when presented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tipp Team v Kilkenny:
    Gleeson
    Cahill OMahony P Curran
    K Bergin P Maher C OBrien
    B Maher S McGrath
    Callanan Corbett P Maher
    S Bourke Kelly N McGrath

Both Maher's fit and a debut for Bergin. What a forwards line up though.

I think this could be a high scoring game, and will most likely be getting on the over. Its a tough one to call with a lot of factors to take into account, injuries, Cody's absence, KK home advantage. But I feel that Tipp are the balanced team and could nick this one, gonna hold fire on a bet for now

Also having a look at Westmeath +4 @ 11/10 (PP) against Antrim in a whats a very early opener to the Leinster hurling championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as to how we scored 1-2 in the 'closing minutes' when our third and final goal was just after half-time. :confused: Are you sure you were there?

Anyway Cork dominated the game bar a Clare purple before half-time and thoroughly deserved to win. Do you expect Waterford to beat Cork by 15 plus points 6 weeks from now? Considering Clare should have beaten Cork in Cork.

No need to be so condescending mate.

Irony something that is lost on you?

TBH It is because of posters like yourself, that cant remain objective and become all defensive if anything remotely negative is said about their own county, that I dont post on the GAA forum during the Summer months.

To answer your questions - you are right the goal was not in the last few miunute but there is no denying the insistence on Clare using the short puckout led directly to Cork scoring at least 1-2 - probably more - which was made all the more baffling considering the keeper had a reasonable puck out and they had a genuinely class ball winning target in Duggan.

You say Cork dominated bar a purple patch for Clare, well considering Cork only won by 4pts and scored 2-02 without reply in the opoening exchanges and scored 5 or the last 6 scores, Im not sure how you can make that argument. Seems to me that Cork's purple patch had a far more profound effect.

Condescending? Read you own first post and come back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tipp Team v Kilkenny:
    Gleeson
    Cahill OMahony P Curran
    K Bergin P Maher C OBrien
    B Maher S McGrath
    Callanan Corbett P Maher
    S Bourke Kelly N McGrath

Both Maher's fit and a debut for Bergin. What a forwards line up though.

I think this could be a high scoring game, and will most likely be getting on the over. Its a tough one to call with a lot of factors to take into account, injuries, Cody's absence, KK home advantage. But I feel that Tipp are the balanced team and could nick this one, gonna hold fire on a bet for now

Also having a look at Westmeath +4 @ 11/10 (PP) against Antrim in a whats a very early opener to the Leinster hurling championship

That Westmeath bet looks decent.

Thought Tipp would win the league but in my opinion dropping a man of the match forward from the last day and starting Curran corner back and giving a lad whos in his mid twenties his first start for Tipp tells me that Eamon O Shea has his eyes further down the line. With that in mind, I think Kilkenny will win this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Any opinions on New York +10 @10/11 against Leitrim tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I know you might want to err on the side of caution when it comes to Waterford people tipping bets on their minor team, but for me the +11 bet against Kerry looks good. Kerry have had a few games to be fair, there preparation is a lot better unquestionably.

Why I consider this bet wrorth a punt though is that the Waterford players head will be up after being the first Waterford Minor football team to win a game in something like 18 attempts. They have nothing to lose, and last year there was only 11 points in it. There are several players who were involved last year, and they have the added bonus of having a lot of dual players opting to play for them this year and with their progress in the Hurling they are bound to be on a high and full of confidence. Anything can happen at minor and it's hard to see Kerry being as fired up as they were against Cork the first day. Last time out against Clare they won by 6 points which would hardly blow anybody away.

I also like the look of Cork -2, they've had two tough games preparation and the Tipp team probably not as good as it has been the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

does any1 else think galway have a fantastic chance against mayo today?
    mayo missing 5 starters from 2012 all ireland.
    meehan and armstrong both starting for galway.
    home advantage for galway also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

domino123 wrote: »

Armstrong is not worth a ****e. Would have Eoin Concannon there ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

Should be a decent bet

Armagh (-2.0) 11/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The market has it spot on to be honest, there's very little juice in the 2's on Galway or 8/13 on Mayo. At the prices i'd lean towards Galway but they're so inconsistent you couldnt back with any confidence.
    sonnky wrote: »
    Armstrong is not worth a ****e. Would have Eoin Concannon there ahead of him.

Armstrong was their best forward during the league. He's extremely talented, but like the team, is inconsistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The market has it spot on to be honest, there's very little juice in the 2's on Galway or 8/13 on Mayo. At the prices i'd lean towards Galway but they're so inconsistent you couldnt back with any confidence.

Armstrong was their best forward during the league. He's extremely talented, but like the team, is inconsistent

Best forward during the league? Did you see Galway in any games. He's shocking bad for holding on to the ball too long. He is talented but he holds the ball too long and this allows defenders get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

sonnky wrote: »
    Best forward during the league? Did you see Galway in any games. He's shocking bad for holding on to the ball too long. He is talented but he holds the ball too long and this allows defenders get back.

Yeah I was at the Derry, Longford, Wexford and Westmeath games. The only other forward who had a decent league campaign was Michael Martin. I'd agree with him holding onto the ball for too long at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Over 2.5 goals in the Arnagh game @ 7/4 - both team very attack oriented, should Be goals in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

robbed there Radonman. That was an awful performance from referee Maurice Deegan

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    robbed there Radonman. That was an awful performance from referee Maurice Deegan

Gotta agree with you there, a few of those Cavan forwards should be shot for not laying off the ball to players in better positions plus when you add in the peno's not given I'm a bit sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

anyone going for tyrone at 6/4???
    i think its a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

I don't think so roy. I think too much is being made of tyrones good run in the league and Donegal will be ready on sunday.
    cork-7 11/10 boylesports is 3pt starting bet for me. fine weather big field big gulf in class will see cork pull away in the end.
    Kerry game is a no bet game for me.9 or 10 pt spread. Kerry could win by 15 but just as easily could scrape home like last year by 5or6
    I like Sligo in the next-4 6/5 stan james or -3 10/11 the rest. I have no real reports of Sligo, no real form but walshs last hurrah with them(prob) and a great chance of a Connacht final I think they ll be firing on all cyclinders on sunday. half my winnings from cork on this.
    laois/ louth another to stay from, just too hard to say who ll do what.
    Longford-2 5/4 boyles is another fancy. Wicklow are poor and missing l glynn I think? Longford relegated but I don't think they were hammerd in any game. like Sligo are on the right side of the draw,(could they make a leinster final)and I think all their eggs are in their championship basket.the other half of cork winnings on this.
    and finally Donegal to do the business in the match of the day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

anyone going for tyrone at 6/4???
    i think its a great price

you mean donegal are a great price....
    All ireland champions playin in their own backyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

London +2 @ evens might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

my main bet in the Donegal v Tyrone game is A Draw, or either team to win by less than 4 points @ 8/13. Have a list of other small bets for an interest watching the game.

Tyrone @7/4
    Tyrone HT/FT @ 7/2
    Tyrone First Goal @ 13/8
    Mark Donnelly First Goal @ 11/1.

Waiting for the Total Points Handicaps to be priced up to get involved in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

you mean donegal are a great price....
    All ireland champions playin in their own backyard

No thats the opposite of what he said, so I doubt very much thats what he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

I've had a bet on Tyrone to win the Ulster C'ship at 3/1. Lets face it, if they can beat Donegal in Ballybofey, any of the other teams they will face are unlikely to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

smacg wrote: »
    I've had a bet on Tyrone to win the Ulster C'ship at 3/1. Lets face it, if they can beat Donegal in Ballybofey, any of the other teams they will face are unlikely to beat them.

Solid thoughts there smacg!

Might have a nibble at that myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Limerick +7
    Laois -2
    Donegal -1

Doubles & a Treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Limerick +7
    Laois -2
    Donegal -1

Doubles & a Treble

Like the first two but can't shake the feeling Tyrone might just chin Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

keane2097 wrote: »
    Like the first two but can't shake the feeling Tyrone might just chin Donegal.

Think Donegal should have enough, hopefully anyway, Never understood how a team can be 8/13 to win and be 10/11 -1 to win. I think it will be close alright, but would see no value in backing Donegal to win. I'll be fairly sick if they win by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Have to take the 5/6 on PP for over 26.5 in the Donegal v Tyrone game. The game will be tight but I really expect two of the best teams in the country can cover this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Short price treble :
    Kerry over .5 goals 2/7
    Sligo 4/11
    Longford 4/7
    What you lads think??

• Advertisement

maximo31 wrote: »
    Short price treble :
    Kerry over .5 goals 2/7
    Sligo 4/11
    Longford 4/7
    What you lads think??

Looks good but be careful on betting for goals with Kerry, they really don't seem to put teams away like say Cork do, last year against the same opposition I lost money on it even though Kerry had several one on ones and they elected to put it over the bar, very frustrating from a betting point of view

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement