Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Haven't used this site for a few months, but got an e-mail from them today saying they have started taking bets on GAA.

It's a bit different to normal betting, you answer a bunch of questions and if you get more right than everyone else you win the money. They've got todays 2 games up and they give you a free tenner to try it out if anyone fancies it.

www.poolpit.co.uk

Won a fair bit with them earlier in the year but stopped using them, gonna stick a few quid on the Donegal match this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Kerry to score 1st goal and win match 4/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

maximo31 wrote: »
    Short price treble :
    Kerry over .5 goals 2/7
    Sligo 4/11
    Longford 4/7
    What you lads think??

I did the above except picked Kerry to get over 1.5 goals. Was "home and dry" when Kerry got the second goal.
    London and Wicklow had other ideas lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

That went well!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Limerick +7
    Laois -2
    Donegal -1

Doubles & a Treble

Wow, way off :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Limerick u21s play Tipp tomorrow night in Semple Stadium, Thurles.

Limerick have named a strong team, which includes 5 players that played in the Munster winning team of 2011, and interestingly has one starter from that game on the bench, as he failed to win his place this year. It's a strong forward line, most notably with the inclusion of Declan Hannon and Shane Dowling, and in the full back line they have two Senior panelists in Mark Carmody and Alan Dempsey, along with Barry O'Connell at centre back who I believe is just out of minor but has been on the u21 panel (and played in the 2011 final, coming on as a sub) these past two years.

Tipp have a fairly strong team too, and have home advantage. Last year they caused a surprise when beating Limerick comfortably (although there was only 5 in it at the end). Crucially though, Tipp have lost both Denis Maher and John O'Dwyer who combined accounted for 1-12 of their 1-16 total. They have also lost target man Cian Hogan (not a great hurler but had a physicality they seem might lack tomorrow night) and Stephen Maher who is overage. They are all overage.

In addition, the talented John Meagher is unavailable through injury and John McGrath (Noel's younger brother) is also unavailable. There are also question marks over the fitness of Liam McGrath and Niall O Meara I believe though they are named to start.

Verdict: Going with Limerick on this one, think they have the quality to prevail. Can be got at 6/4 with Boylesports and Ladbrokes, and for the more conservative among you they are 11/10 with Boylespots to win with a +1 handicap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I'm going to have a little nibble this weekend on the GAA generally dont like backing until the quarter finals but a couple of small bets for interest this weekend.

Dublin -6, Offaly +9 and Derry outright, just going to throw them in a trixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Football:

Offaly +9
    Derry

Hurling:

Carlow +4
    Clare -2

Thinking of going Waterford +14 as well, no real motivation for Kerry and they are coming coming of a game 6 days ago. Anyone have any opinions ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gonna take the overs in the hurling on Sunday, likely to be a fine hot day and a great sod in Thurles. Clare scored highly in the league while hitting a lot of wides and surely have been working on converting those wides lately. Waterford scored highly in recent challenge matches including 2-30 v Limerick last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Two main bets for me today
    Dublin v Westmeath - Dublin over 1.5 goals @ 6/5 PP - This was a very profitable bet last year and hopefully it will continue this way, Dublin love scoring goals as it helps their ego's :p and they love to celebrate them in front of the hill but seriously they have the fowards and never let up when their on top so looks a good bet to me.
    Kildare v Offaly - Kildare over 1.5 goals @ 5/4 PP - Savage value here i think, Kildare have hit that in 5/8 league game against much better opponents than Offaly and they have also changed their style of play to try to get more goals.

Treble of Kerry Dublin and Kildare all over 1.5 goals

Long shot - Donaghy first goal scorer @ 9/1 - was in the press all week say he needs to be more clynical and greedy so hopefully he obliges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gonna have punt on over 1.5 goals on both Dublin and Kerry. 20 returns 80 on the double

S Cluxton Over 1.5 Points 11/8

Movement of my money cut into 11/10 :pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Gonna have punt on over 1.5 goals on both Dublin and Kerry. 20 returns 80 on the double

who you do the double with?
    Paddy Power not all selections can be combined

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

magherakid wrote: »
    S Cluxton Over 1.5 Points 11/8

You beat me to it by seconds. Cluxton still takes frees/45's for the Dubs, right?

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    You beat me to it by seconds. Cluxton still takes frees/45's for the Dubs, right?

near sure he still does

who you do the double with?
    Paddy Power not all selections can be combined

Sorry Magher only seen this now. Yeah that was with PP. Had no bother getting the double :confused:

Sorry Magher only seen this now. Yeah that was with PP. Had no bother getting the double :confused:

wont let me do the double online in the betslip keep getting not all selections can be combined, will have to phone the bet

wont let me do the double online in the betslip keep getting not all selections can be combined, will have to phone the bet
    Ah I see now why you couldn't make the bet. I tried to place it there again but only one of the selections were ticked. Just make sure both are ticked for the double. PP acting the ***** again:pac:

that's it now Fowler cheers good luck

• Advertisement

Absolutely disgusted with Kildare not covering the over 1.5 - they had the chances but bottled it by fisting over the bar etc although to be fair MulhAll did make some decent saves - all I can say now is c'mon the Dubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Radonman wrote: »

Did the above, then did a double of Kerry + Dublin over 1.5 goals :)

so far the only goal was from Offaly lol.

need goals lads not looking good

need goals lads not looking good

Dublin over 0.5 goals @ 6/5 - I really need this
    Believe it or not I also had a cheeky tenner on Connolly anytime goal @ 4/1 nearly shat myself when his shot was taken off the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Two main bets for me today
    Dublin v Westmeath - Dublin over 1.5 goals @ 6/5 PP - This was a very profitable bet last year and hopefully it will continue this way, Dublin love scoring goals as it helps their ego's :p and they love to celebrate them in front of the hill but seriously they have the fowards and never let up when their on top so looks a good bet to me.
    Kildare v Offaly - Kildare over 1.5 goals @ 5/4 PP - Savage value here i think, Kildare have hit that in 5/8 league game against much better opponents than Offaly and they have also changed their style of play to try to get more goals.

Long shot - Donaghy first goal scorer @ 9/1 - was in the press all week say he needs to be more clynical and greedy so hopefully he obliges

Fairplay on that one, could be another goal or two in the game now that Kerry have one.

There's the Kerry 1.5 for ye anyway.

Fuk you Connolly - good man the Star

How the Dubs haven't scored at least a goal in this is baffling. Meh

How the Dubs haven't scored at least a goal in this is baffling. Meh

Haha :D bit late for overs though

Dublin over 0.5 goals @ 6/5 - I really need this
    Believe it or not I also had a cheeky tenner on Connolly anytime goal @ 4/1 nearly shat myself when his shot was taken off the line

Go on to Fuk - about time

• Advertisement

Urgh seeing those 3 Connolly misses again makes losing that bet even more sickening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement