Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Two main bets for me today
    Dublin v Westmeath - Dublin over 1.5 goals @ 6/5 PP:( - This was a very profitable bet last year and hopefully it will continue this way, Dublin love scoring goals as it helps their ego's :p and they love to celebrate them in front of the hill but seriously they have the fowards and never let up when their on top so looks a good bet to me.
    Kildare v Offaly - Kildare over 1.5 goals @ 5/4 PP:( - Savage value here i think, Kildare have hit that in 5/8 league game against much better opponents than Offaly and they have also changed their style of play to try to get more goals.

Treble of Kerry Dublin and Kildare all over 1.5 goals
    :(
    Long shot - Donaghy first goal scorer @ 9/1 - was in the press all week say he needs to be more clynical and greedy so hopefully he obliges
    :)
    Donaghy saved my ass but the bet was seriously unlucky to loose - on another point with all the defensive tactics used these days I think I'll probably let the covers in the goal market alone in the football, all too bloody negative - Dublin bet still should have come in though
    Dublin over 0.5 goals @ 6/5 -:) I really need this
    Believe it or not I also had a cheeky tenner on Connolly anytime goal @ 4/1 nearly shat myself when his shot was taken off the line
    A saviour of a bet
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    Urgh seeing those 3 Connolly misses again makes losing that bet even more sickening
    Agreed :(

Laois v Carlow today : Was going to have a good bet on the over 2.5 goal market here @ 8/11 as the Carlow / London game had 6, but upon reflection and research ive gone for Laois over 1.5 goals @ 10/11. Laois have really worked on their defense this year and did not concede a goal against Antrim in the prelims while Carlow conceded 2 to London.I also like W Hyland to score a goal anytime @ 9/4 Boyles, he is normally Laois's main scorer in chief (bar last game) so hopefully he obliges

Clare v Waterford : Very hard one to call here, Clare need a win more than Waterford but we all thought Clare would beat Waterford in the league in Ennis but it did not turn out that way, think i'll stay away from this one and do some in play but C McGrath anytime goalscorer @ 7/4 generally will be my only prematch bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Double of Derry over .5 goals (4/7) and Laois over 1.5 goals (10/11).
    And Waterford V Clare , Both teams to score goal @ 4/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

maximo31 wrote: »
    Double of Derry over .5 goals (4/7) and Laois over 1.5 goals (10/11).
    And Waterford V Clare , Both teams to score goal @ 4/7.

Did the above treble.

Only a Clare goal needed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,501 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Only a Clare goal needed now

Happy days.
    Stuck Clare to win from HT into an accumulator at 3.25. sets me up nicely now...

• Advertisement

Laois v Carlow today : Was going to have a good bet on the over 2.5 goal market here @ 8/11 as the Carlow / London game had 6, but upon reflection and research ive gone for Laois over 1.5 goals @ 10/11:D. Laois have really worked on their defense this year and did not concede a goal against Antrim in the prelims while Carlow conceded 2 to London.I also like W Hyland to score a goal anytime @ 9/4 Boyles:D, he is normally Laois's main scorer in chief (bar last game) so hopefully he obliges

Clare v Waterford : Very hard one to call here, Clare need a win more than Waterford but we all thought Clare would beat Waterford in the league in Ennis but it did not turn out that way, think i'll stay away from this one and do some in play but C McGrath anytime goalscorer @ 7/4 :Dgenerally will be my only prematch bet

Boom, Boom and Boom:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Gonna take the overs in the hurling on Sunday, likely to be a fine hot day and a great sod in Thurles. Clare scored highly in the league while hitting a lot of wides and surely have been working on converting those wides lately. Waterford scored highly in recent challenge matches including 2-30 v Limerick last weekend.

Got over the line....just! No thanks to Waterford's litany of wides and wasted chances mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I'm going to have a little nibble this weekend on the GAA generally dont like backing until the quarter finals but a couple of small bets for interest this weekend.

Dublin -6, Offaly +9 and Derry outright, just going to throw them in a trixie.

Just got back a litle more than I put on. Pity Derry just capitulated!

On a sidenote, Kildare are yet again lacking the quality up front to be a real contender.

Gonna take the home teams in this weekends hurling matches to beat the handicap. I think Wexford and Offaly for certain will do better than the handicap suggests on their home patch, Limerick I'm not so sure of, but a 6 point lead is a big start

Wexford +4 @ 11/10 boyles
    Offaly + 11 @ 6/5 Ladbrokes
    Limerick +6 @ 11/10 PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Gonna take the home teams in this weekends hurling matches to beat the handicap. I think Wexford and Offaly for certain will do better than the handicap suggests on their home patch, Limerick I'm not so sure of, but a 6 point lead is a big start

Limerick +6 @ 11/10 PP

I would fully support the Wexford bet, would be disappointed in them if they did not at least push Dublin to the pin of their collars. Liam Dunne and his team will have been targeting this game at home to Dublin from when the fixtures came out. They don't fear Dublin.

Limerick is touch and go, at home and a good team. Tipp will probably want to make a statement though given their last championship game was back in August. Hard to call.

I would go against you on Kilkenny though. They haven't played Offaly since 2008 but they fairly cleaned out the handicap that year, winning by 18 points. In their last 5 meetings (2001,2002,2005, 2007, 2008) 2002 is the only team they have matched that handicap, and they still lost by 9.

Kilkenny are missing Fennelly and Shefflin (something they've not had to deal with in championship hurling before) but when you look at their likely team and the players they've had in reserve, the fact they won the league and as a result have had two games more than Offaly with Kilkenny's last game being 5 weeks ago, whereas Offaly haven't had a compeitive game for an astonishing 10 weeks (a 2point win over Antrim).

Last year, Offaly played Galway last year in Portlaoise, scored 3-15 and still somehow managed to lose by 14 points (they will not score anything near 3-15 on Sunday). Kilkenny beat Dublin last year by 18 points.

Ollie Baker has said Offaly will play attacking hurling on Sunday. I dunno whether to take those comments with a pinch of salt or not but regardless I just cannot see Offaly beating even that rather large handicap. Cody is back on the sideline this weekend as well by the way.

Kilkenny -13 for me, and to be honest I'd say you could tack on a few more scores. (I will humbly apologize if I am wrong on that one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Christy Ring Final Down v Kerry

Down -2 @ 3/1 Paddy Power.

Down's average score this year is 22.31 to Kerry's 19.4
    Down's average concession is 18.38 to Kerry's 16.9.

Hoping Down can reverse the result from earlier on in the competition when Kerry ran out winners to a scoreline of 3.16- 2.17

ciaran1988 wrote: »

Hoping Down can reverse the result from earlier on in the competition when Kerry ran out winners to a scoreline of 3.16- 2.17

I'm on the goals market myself, good weather and all that
    Over 3.5 @ 6/5
    Over 4.5 @ 12/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ciaran1988 wrote: »

That's a strange call, Kerry have been the class of the competition so far.

Over 3.5 @ 6/5
    Over 4.5 @ 12/5

This is looking very healthy! I'm doing live updates in case anyone wants to follow along from the beach:

http://www.livegaelic.com/scores/

Over 3.5 @ 6/5:)
    Over 4.5 @ 12/5:)
    :)

Mixed feelings on winning with a last min Down goal :(

a wins a win Radonman good tipping keep it up. Wish i hadnt of been so greedy and just took Down to win but thats how it goes

3 hurling matches so far today and the outsider has won them all. Can Wexford make it 4 from 4 @ 3/1.

Think i will take a back seat in this one. Nothing taking my eye so far

Limerick +6 @ 11/10 PP

Off to a good start, was in KK last night and knew I was onto a good thing with Wexford when the locals in the pub were saying Wex +4 was bet of the weekend. Dublin lucky to still be in the Leinster championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Fennelly over 2.5 pts at 5/6 (Off v KK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Limerick +6 @ 11/10 PP

As promised, I humbly apologize, I shall never doubt you again Kev. It would be this game out of all of them that I decide to back Kilkenny to hammer them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Limerick +6 @ 11/10 PP

Great stuff, hope you had it in a treble aswel!!

Limerick +6 @ 11/10 PP

Wow is all I can say - great picks

super stuff Kev. missed out of Wexford but took your other 2 and added in Monaghan -3 for a treble. Keep up the good work m8. some quality tips on here from u and Radonman

Couldn't have worked out any better, not even a sweat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Dublin u-21 hurlers -9 at evens to beat Carlow. I lumped on it. Will win by a lot more.
    -12 is 2/1

Worth a bet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Stevecw wrote: »
    Dublin u-21 hurlers -9 at evens to beat Carlow. I lumped on it. Will win by a lot more.
    -12 is 2/1

Worth a bet

Put 30 on it. Know nothing about Carlow U21's but I can only expect that there isn't much to know.
    Hope the weather isn't too much of an issue.

C'MON Dublin !!

I'll be doing live scores if anyone wants to follow along. BoL with the bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Stevecw wrote: »
    -12 is 2/1

Worth a bet

Got that one very wrong! Carlow won.....that more than makes up for the 50 quid I lost!! wow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just saw the scoreline ...bit of a shock to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Championship Bets for the Weekend
    Laois v Galway - Boyles Go 1/2 No Red Card in this game. 1/2 would be on the big side that would be high intensity for 70 mins but in a match that Laois will struggle to keep competitive with galway such strong favourites. I honestly think this should be a 1/4 shot James Owen is a good ref and likes to let the game flow.
    Also Galway Over 2.5 Goals 1/1 or bigger would be a large stake recommended. The no goalscorer price hear looks too short with the bookies and it's margin wasted when it should be on Galways goal totals.

Wicklow v Meath - Meath should be a lay in this game given their recent form. But the bookies have over egged aughrim and meath's form the 4/9 that was available with Boyles was far too big at the time. Meath will go off around the 2/7 mark for this game and that looks spot on. I'm interested in the Hcap market here -3pts 10/11 with boyles looks tasty = 3 Reasons. 1 Kevin Reilly on Seanie Furlong, Kevin has no pace but he is brilliant under the high ball and that is Seanie's big strength and it's very hard to see Furlong getting much change here. 2 Wicklow fastest back is hyland and he is slower than Damien Carroll never mind the full forward line that meath have they. 3 Wicklows preparations a number of the squad have been on and off the panel there were rumours of less than 15 at training during the league. Look at the highlights of the Longford game Wicklow were out on their feet and lucky to hold on Meath will demolish them if they get on top early as wicklow's fitness isn't of the same standard overall as other county sides

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement