Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Leitrim -2 @ 5/4 and Clare -2 @ 5/4 for me this weekend

Can see both winning by 4+

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Clare to win both halves at 5/2 or Cork ht Clare ft 4/1.....not sure which one I'll go with, probably the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

KevIRL wrote: »
    Leitrim -2 @ 5/4 and Clare -2 @ 5/4 for me this weekend

Can see both winning by 4+

I'm on the opposite so one of us will be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Like Kev, taking Clare. Gonna go -1 though, which can be had at 11/10 on Ladbrokes/William Hill or 17/10 for -2.

Two main reasons

1. Cork are missing three big players in Paudi O Sullivan, Pa Cronin and Lorcan McLoughlin. They've also lost Eoin Cadogan, Niall McCarthy, Sean Og, Damien Cahalane and Darren Sweetnam all from last year's team. Still have a strong looking full forward line but lacking options on the bench and a similar problem with the half forward line that Waterford had. They also don't have a half back line of the same calibre, and while he is talneted Brian Murphy is small to be facing someone like Darach Honan.

2. Clare have the league form against them, but more importantly have had a championship game under their belts. I think we'll see how important that is Sunday, it's been a problem for several teams so far.

I also like Jake Dillon as 9/5 to score a goal anytime for Waterford tomorrow. He took his chance against Clare brilliantly and has improved beyond recognition this year. Confidence is up and I heard he will start full forward in a direct swap with Maurice Shanahan, which I think means the bookies have given slightly more value on him then they should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I don't think Clare v Cork will be a high scoring game, that's the bet of the day imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Is it just me or does anyone else think ladbrokes gaa product has gone to pot? it would bore you to tears if i'm being honest they are generally in between powers and boyles on the main markets and never offer good extra markets either they are too short on all the likely players for goalscorers etc they would just sicken your hole!!!

Championship Bets for the weekend
    I'll start off with the Donegal v Down game as it's the match that i have spotted the most value in -

Ambrose Rogers Over 0.5pts @ 1/1 BOYLES - Folks fill your boots pockets mouths with this because it is beyond doubt the top tip for the weekend. Ambrose is named in midfield fair enough but king sits and the other 2 are let off the leash. Ambrose has scored in his last 10 matches in a row for Down add to this the fact that he is a contender to take long range frees and will definitely take frees if O'Hare is substituted.

Next best is No Red Card 8/11 BOYLES - Donegal are one of the most disciplined teams in the Championship they hardly give frees away never mind get yellows and reds. I can see Down picking up a few Yellows no problem but Tyrone are by far and way the dirtiest team in Ulster this is how i'd price it Donegal Red Card 7/1 Down Red Card 7/2 = Combined Price is 15/8 for the Red Card i accept this does sound on the big side but i still think 8/13 would nearly be a bet.

In the Goalscorer Markets Leo McLoone 16/1 1st 15/2 Anytime BET365 - Ok on recent form i understand this price, but that's where it ends sitting at home watching the Derry Down game i remember saying to myself Donegal are going to go to town on Down if they line up with the same backline. The donegal full forward line are going to win a lot of primary possesion here and i think your going to see a lot of early ball into the full forward line and Mcloone is brilliant running off defenders from deep i can see him getting more than 1 goalscoring opportunity in this game. He scored 2 goals in the championship last season and should have scored a goal in the league this season against down. Benny McArdle must be having nightmares about Sunday good player but not a full back for my money he's going to get gangraped by McFadden and co.

Donegal -4pts @ 8/11 General - Once again everyone keeps harping back to last year Down should have been this and should have been that. Folks you need to remember Mark McHugh was missing last year and for me he is the player that makes Donegal tick. You have the other big names that do the damage but similar to Donncha Walsh the whole unit for Kerry works so much better when he plays. Also looking back at the Derry game Down lost all shape and were in big trouble when derry got on top in the 1st half the HT whistle saved down but it was extremely worrying to see the shape of the team collapse in the space of ten minutes. Donegal are going to be on top of Down for much longer periods than derry were and Donegal will punish Down big time if they lose their shape like they did against Derry.

Clare Cork -
    Clare 10/11 LADBROKES - Assuming the teams line out as expected or in Corks case as named i'd fancy Clare to win this. Tom Kenny at midfield against 2 nippers great player but he doesn't have the legs anymore (does He). Also very dissapointed not to see Cussen start i would have fancied Cork to upset Clare possibly i thought it was so obvious the damage that Cussen could do on the Clare full back line McInerney would have been in big trouble but i think he will do fine against O'Farrell. Joyce and O'Neill good players for Cork but Egan is a weak link and you can see conlon or Kelly getting plenty of joy off him. Price is too big based on all the info currently available.

KK v Dubs
    Kilkenny -8pts 4/5 General - Folks Dublin have gone stale and have been over hyped out of all proportion over the last 3 years they have found there level watching the highlights of the replay their touch is off apart from Keaney Michael Carton and Sutcliffe they are a very ordinary team, Peter Kelly and Gary Maguire are top players also apologies. They have absolutely no scoring threat to compete with a team like KK. I thought KK were poor enough the last day against Offaly but they will be up for this as fortunately for us they respect the Dubs ability which isn't a kick in the arse away from what Offaly bring. The Dublin team is basically the same team for the last 3 years and the likes of Rushe, O'Dwyer have not played to near the level they did in 2011. Also the performance against Tipp needs to be taken with a pinch of salt tipp got absolutely beaten up a stick in the AI final.

Outside bet 20/1 No Goalscorer Boyles & Stans - Ok lets start off by explaining this in the most simple terms if Clare & Cork play 20 times do we think that there would no goals in only of those games? The way both teams play it just doesn't scream goals at you Clare scored 2 against waterford but you wouldn't exactly say they peppered the Waterford in the relegation game Clare got no goals and Cork's were well taken but they didn't have a glut of chances.

In the other games i thought the 8/11 that was available on Leitrim early doors was too big but i'll be honest in saying that i don't know enough about the replacements and the current price of 8/13 looks no bet for me. In the Offaly Waterford game i can see why Offaly are popular but i think they are skinny enough. I'd be extremely interested in backing waterford if they drift out to 4/6.

Finally folks i don't know if many of you read this guy's blog on Live gaelic but you won't go broke backing his tips, his logic is excellent and very rarely wide of the mark

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter/

Championship Bets for the weekend
    I'll start off with the Donegal v Down game as it's the match that i have spotted the most value in -

Ambrose Rogers Over 0.5pts @ 1/1 BOYLES - Folks fill your boots pockets mouths with this because it is beyond doubt the top tip for the weekend. Ambrose is named in midfield fair enough but king sits and the other 2 are let off the leash. Ambrose has scored in his last 10 matches in a row for Down add to this the fact that he is a contender to take long range frees and will definitely take frees if O'Hare is substituted.

Next best is No Red Card 8/11 BOYLES - Donegal are one of the most disciplined teams in the Championship they hardly give frees away never mind get yellows and reds. I can see Down picking up a few Yellows no problem but Tyrone are by far and way the dirtiest team in Ulster this is how i'd price it Donegal Red Card 7/1 Down Red Card 7/2 = Combined Price is 15/8 for the Red Card i accept this does sound on the big side but i still think 8/13 would nearly be a bet.

In the Goalscorer Markets Leo McLoone 16/1 1st 15/2 Anytime BET365 - Ok on recent form i understand this price, but that's where it ends sitting at home watching the Derry Down game i remember saying to myself Donegal are going to go to town on Down if they line up with the same backline. The donegal full forward line are going to win a lot of primary possesion here and i think your going to see a lot of early ball into the full forward line and Mcloone is brilliant running off defenders from deep i can see him getting more than 1 goalscoring opportunity in this game. He scored 2 goals in the championship last season and should have scored a goal in the league this season against down. Benny McArdle must be having nightmares about Sunday good player but not a full back for my money he's going to get gangraped by McFadden and co.

Donegal -4pts @ 8/11 General - Once again everyone keeps harping back to last year Down should have been this and should have been that. Folks you need to remember Mark McHugh was missing last year and for me he is the player that makes Donegal tick. You have the other big names that do the damage but similar to Donncha Walsh the whole unit for Kerry works so much better when he plays. Also looking back at the Derry game Down lost all shape and were in big trouble when derry got on top in the 1st half the HT whistle saved down but it was extremely worrying to see the shape of the team collapse in the space of ten minutes. Donegal are going to be on top of Down for much longer periods than derry were and Donegal will punish Down big time if they lose their shape like they did against Derry.

Clare Cork -
    Clare 10/11 LADBROKES - Assuming the teams line out as expected or in Corks case as named i'd fancy Clare to win this. Tom Kenny at midfield against 2 nippers great player but he doesn't have the legs anymore (does He). Also very dissapointed not to see Cussen start i would have fancied Cork to upset Clare possibly i thought it was so obvious the damage that Cussen could do on the Clare full back line McInerney would have been in big trouble but i think he will do fine against O'Farrell. Joyce and O'Neill good players for Cork but Egan is a weak link and you can see conlon or Kelly getting plenty of joy off him. Price is too big based on all the info currently available.

KK v Dubs
    Kilkenny -8pts 4/5 General - Folks Dublin have gone stale and have been over hyped out of all proportion over the last 3 years they have found there level watching the highlights of the replay their touch is off apart from Keaney Michael Carton and Sutcliffe they are a very ordinary team, Peter Kelly and Gary Maguire are top players also apologies. They have absolutely no scoring threat to compete with a team like KK. I thought KK were poor enough the last day against Offaly but they will be up for this as fortunately for us they respect the Dubs ability which isn't a kick in the arse away from what Offaly bring. The Dublin team is basically the same team for the last 3 years and the likes of Rushe, O'Dwyer have not played to near the level they did in 2011. Also the performance against Tipp needs to be taken with a pinch of salt tipp got absolutely beaten up a stick in the AI final.

Outside bet 20/1 No Goalscorer Boyles & Stans - Ok lets start off by explaining this in the most simple terms if Clare & Cork play 20 times do we think that there would no goals in only of those games? The way both teams play it just doesn't scream goals at you Clare scored 2 against waterford but you wouldn't exactly say they peppered the Waterford in the relegation game Clare got no goals and Cork's were well taken but they didn't have a glut of chances.

In the other games i thought the 8/11 that was available on Leitrim early doors was too big but i'll be honest in saying that i don't know enough about the replacements and the current price of 8/13 looks no bet for me. In the Offaly Waterford game i can see why Offaly are popular but i think they are skinny enough. I'd be extremely interested in backing waterford if they drift out to 4/6.

Finally folks i don't know if many of you read this guy's blog on Live gaelic but you won't go broke backing his tips, his logic is excellent and very rarely wide of the mark

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter/[/QUOTE]

I notice you are a new poster - have you a good record with you tips?

Where's the clare v cork match on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Dont go getting a big head now Keane2097 :)

It's on in the Gaelic Grounds, i'm not a professional tipster i'm just posting my thought and opinions it's up to yourself whether you want to follow them in. I'd like to think they will be profitable but there are no guarantees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

No sorry bookie bashing, that site you linked features a writer that also posts regularly on this thread. I was jokingly telling him not to get a big head. On your posts, they are full of logic and ive been impressed by them the last 2 weeks, especially the no red card bets which I completely agree with. Keep posting your stuff up. I'm fairly certain you'll be profitable as there looks to be plenty of positive margin in your selections so far

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    No sorry bookie bashing, that site you linked features a writer that also posts regularly on this thread. I was jokingly telling him not to get a big head. On your posts, they are full of logic and ive been impressed by them the last 2 weeks, especially the no red card bets which I completely agree with. Keep posting your stuff up. I'm fairly certain you'll be profitable as there looks to be plenty of positive margin in your selections so far

Some of the rugby chaps post how they are getting on in their bets, something about units, but most of them haven't have a bulls about rugby, but it makes for good reading nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Ambrose Rodgers at evens to score with boylesports is fantastic value. Someone already tipped it so Im not taking credit for it. But he will start in the half forward line and could possibly feature at ff for periods as well, switching with Coulter. Definitley stand out bet of the week for me.

kerosene wrote: »
    Ambrose Rodgers at evens to score with boylesports is fantastic value. Someone already tipped it so Im not taking credit for it. But he will start in the half forward line and could possibly feature at ff for periods as well, switching with Coulter. Definitley stand out bet of the week for me.

I usually go €200/300 a go, I'll stick €100 on him so, don't know anything about gaa football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gonna get on that over 0.5 Ambrose points @ evens too. Cheers lads!

Offaly v Waterford Team To Score the 1st Goal Offaly @ 1/1 Stan James - I notice that most firms are alive to this everyone else is basically pick em despite waterford being favourites, but i would definitely be of the opinion that Offaly's goal ratio is higher than waterford's. On that basis the Evs about them to score the 1st Goal of the game looks to be worth small interest. I'd definitely be favouring Offaly in a 2 way market and i don't think there is much if any margin for the bookie at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thanks very much for the kind words. To be honest I don't have as much time to look at all the markets this year between a full time job and editing the site so I almost exclusively only get to look at match odds and handicaps. Because of that I obviously probably miss a lot of great bets on the other markets like you point out so I try to make up for that as much as I can by posting decent theory, which is pretty hard to find in my experience.

As Hulk Hands said your posts have been terrific these last two weeks as well fair play to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

I fancy Clarinbridge to run Portumna close today. At 13/2 with Stan James there definetly overpriced. I'm going to put a small bit on it. If I find a handicap market I will be more keen

I was under the impression that Clarinbridge are missing players is Barry Daly and Kerins brothers available for the match. I would agree that it's a big price if they are all playing in the game. If they are missing Portumna are going to cruise it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Rory Jacob goal anytime @ 11/8 Boyles - he's always a goal threat and he should have grabbed one in the drawn game v Dublin

• Advertisement

Ambrose line shifted to over 1.5 @ 5/6 - I missed the value, good luck to those who got on it

Radonman wrote: »
    Ambrose line shifted to over 1.5 @ 5/6 - I missed the value, good luck to those who got on it

I stuck €200 on him. Hope he doesn't get an early injury now!

Rory Jacob goal anytime @ 11/8 Boyles - he's always a goal threat and he should have grabbed one in the drawn game v Dublin

Happy days :)

Same bet and price - this time SDooley against Waterford, he was strangely quiet against KK and I fully expect him to notch a goal here - he takes all the frees and peno's too

Same bet and price - this time SDooley against Waterford, he was strangely quiet against KK and I fully expect him to notch a goal here - he takes all the frees and peno's too

Normally a good bet, certainly is a classy player wouldn't be surprised. He is marking Noel Connors though.

Normally a good bet, certainly is a classy player wouldn't be surprised. He is marking Noel Connors though.

Can't mark him when he's taking frees or peno's ;)

Clarinbridge are up by 4pts 20 minutes left and they are missing Kerins and Billy Lane also big performance and big shout by local chap regardless of the result at this stage

Can't mark him when he's taking frees or peno's ;)

This is true :p

Clarinbridge beat Portumna Local lad i would have backed them if you just had have told me even a lie that they had a full team! happy for you though good picking

• Advertisement

Didn't take long. Horrible mistake apparently :( Congrats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement