Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Radonman wrote: »
    Same bet and price - this time SDooley against Waterford, he was strangely quiet against KK and I fully expect him to notch a goal here - he takes all the frees and peno's too

Dooley back of the net and that's my bet up also on Offaly to get the opener. Very lucky in the end as Offaly are playing into a gale. Keeper not getting the puckouts near the half way line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Same bet and price - this time SDooley against Waterford, he was strangely quiet against KK and I fully expect him to notch a goal here - he takes all the frees and peno's too

Nice and quick - great day today :)

Folks anyone that can get on with ladbrokes should be piling into Waterford Under 22.5 pts in play and backing Offaly at 1/1's

Leitrim v London tomorrow - Gonna invest a small portion of my winning from today on E Mulligan anytime goal @ 7/2 generally - he scored 3-7 in the prelim game v NY, small bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Local_Chap wrote: »
    I fancy Clarinbridge to run Portumna close today. At 13/2 with Stan James there definetly overpriced. I'm going to put a small bit on it. If I find a handicap market I will be more keen

Nice priced winner here, I wasn't fully confident of the win but at that price I couldn't let it go. Sorry Bookie Bashing for not instilling more confidence in you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Donegal V Down

Highest Scoring Half - 2nd Half - 11/10

Looks decent (1st half is same price though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Hender wrote: »
    Donegal V Down

Highest Scoring Half - 2nd Half - 11/10

Looks decent (1st half is same price though)

1st half is the same price? Is that not basically an arbitrage opportunity? I guess there could be a tie...

If I was to pick one though Im not sure Id go second half, conditions look rough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

i'll take a stab at Donegal to score first goal 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Donegal -3, Clare, and Kilkenny -8 @3/1 is todays play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ft9 wrote: »
    Donegal -3, Clare, and Kilkenny -8 @3/1 is todays play.

Looks a solid bet.

Went with Cork ht Clare ft at 4/1, so Clare ht/ft is bound to come in now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭redarmy

Double To Win Donegal @ evens
    Handicap Betting(-5.0)
    Donegal v Down :)
    Cork @ 11/8
    Match Betting
    Clare v Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Dublin +9, Cork, London and Down +5(at H/t) putting it all in a yankee! ;-)

Leitrim v London tomorrow - Gonna invest a small portion of my winning from today on E Mulligan anytime goal @ 7/2 generally - he scored 3-7 in the prelim game v NY, small bet

Feck it - gone off injured early in the game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Dublin +9, Cork, London and Down +5(at H/t) putting it all in a yankee! ;-)

What would that have paid??

Unlucky on London. Good picks.

Ok Folks,

Someone asked me to post the results of the bets well below is the stake plan and bets over the last couple of weeks. The weather went against a lot of my bets today and i definitely underestimated Down and am shocked at the dublin result despite not fancying the handicap with conditions that prevailed in Portlaoise. I had an extra bet that isn't listed pre match and that was on the clare game please see below it's great when the bookies don't react to such important information. The wind was worth at least 3pts in that game.

Week 1 Results

1/2 No Red Card Winner (Laois v Galway) = Winner Staked 300 Profit 150

Over 2.5 Galway Goals 1/1 or bigger = No Bet 8/11 was best i saw and it was a loser this is the best thing when you believe in only backing something when the price is right

Meath -3pts 10/11 = Winner Staked 110 Profit 100

Fermanagh 6/4 = Loser (Still think it was a good bet though) Staked 100 Loss 100

Shane McCabe 16/1 = Loser but i couldn't resist Eugene Keating at 16's with Boyles and when i was backing McCabe (Thought he would be 9/1) so hopeful more than expecting come on McStay be nice! Stake 30 Loss 30

Dublin -3pts 4/5 Ladbrokes = Winner Stake 250 Profit 200

Mayo v Roscommon No Goalscorer @ 11/2 Boyles = Winner Stake 25 Profit 137.50

Week 1 Total Stake 815 Profit 457.50

Week 2 Results
    Donegal v Down
    Ambrose Rogers Over 0.5pts @ 1/1 BOYLES - Stake 300 Loss 300
    Donegal v Down
    Next best is No Red Card 8/11 BOYLES - Stake 110 Profit 80

In the Goalscorer Markets Leo McLoone 16/1 1st 15/2 Anytime BET365 - Staked 20 & 40 Loss 60

Donegal -4pts @ 8/11 General - Stake 110 Loss 110

Clare Cork - Clare 10/11 LADBROKES - Stake 110 Loss 110 (It was announced pre match that clare had the wind staked 500 on Clare to lead at ht Boyles @ 10/11 Profit 455

Clare v Cork - No Goalscorer 20/1 Stans = Stake 25 Profit 500

KK v Dubs - Kilkenny -8pts 4/5 General - Stake 150 Loss 150 (close!!!)

Week 2 Total Stake 1,365 Profit 415

Overall Totals Stake 2180 Profit 782.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

srfc19 wrote: »
    What would that have paid??

Unlucky on London. Good picks.

for 110 down it returned 250, had London won i would have returned 1250 or there abouts, maybe a slight bit more.

Opening Shot placed for the week ahead, the bookies ain't going to get rich laying Dublin to score the 1st goal especially at the price below!

Dublin v Kildare - Dublin to score the 1st Goal @ 4/5 (Staked 300)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Rockchapel are 10/11 to beat Glanmire tonight huge value there.

Glanmire have only won 1 league game out of 9 and are averaging only 6 points per game.

Rockchapel are just up from junior A lost to fermoy in the first round who are top of the division 4. Rockchapel have 5 wins in division 4 and are sitting near the top and are the highest scoring team.

Glanmire were in the relegation play off last year and beat a poor Kilavullen side to stay up.

Just said I'd pass on this would be very confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Rockchapel won by 0-12 to 1-3 hope some of ye got on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Con1110 wrote: »

thanks for the good reasoning, good updates on twitter from one of cork gaa feeds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Didn't back that. But well called, they stuck to their 6 point average.

Have a freebet today so I put it on a four fold:

Ger Aylward Anytime (Kilkenny u21 v Offaly u21) 5/4
    Waterford Minors -2 (v Cork Minors) 6/5
    Limerick Minors +4 (v Tipp minors) 5/4
    Jack Guiney Anytime (Wexford u21 v Carlow u21) 7/4

The accumlated odds are 30.63 (decimal)

Aylward had a great run last year with the 21s, scoring 2 goals against Laois, 1 against Galway and another in the all-ireland final v Clare. Kilkenny's forward line looks like it will give Offaly a lot of trouble and he's a player Ive been impressed with this year at Senior level too.

Jack Guiney is in great form, getting goals against Dublin and Antrim for the Seniors so far this year. The Wexford u21s marquee forward will be on 21s and penaltys as well.

The Waterford minors looked very strong against Clare the last day. Have a host of classy players but Minor is very unpredictable and I haven't seen a lot of Cork. We don't have a good record in Cork either, though the game isn't being played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Again Minor is very unpredictable and I am definitely taking a serious punt with this one. Limerick won the u16s all-ireland last year and made the final of the u17s. A good Tipp team no doubt but still missing Jack Shelly, the game is on in Thurles. I just think that Limerick good give this one a right craic and hopefully the 4 point handicap looks decent all things considered. Wary though of what happened with 21s.

Anyway, they all appealed ot me as individual bets so I said I'd take a chance. Hoping for a lot but sure nothing to lose really! I'll let ye know how it goes.

Have a freebet today so I put it on a four fold:

Ger Aylward Anytime (Kilkenny u21 v Offaly u21) 5/4 LOSE
    Waterford Minors -2 (v Cork Minors) 6/5 LOSE
    Limerick Minors +4 (v Tipp minors) 5/4 WIN
    Jack Guiney Anytime (Wexford u21 v Carlow u21) 7/4 LOSE

The accumlated odds are 30.63 (decimal)

Poor stuff. Aylward was wayward, though probably should have scored. Waterford minors just didn't turn up at the start of the game but have taken it to extra time. Dunno what the Wexford game was like. Missed the boat on Limerick at 4/1, and here was me thinking it was the riskiest one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Rockchapel are 10/11 to beat Glanmire tonight huge value there.

Glanmire have only won 1 league game out of 9 and are averaging only 6 points per game.

Rockchapel are just up from junior A lost to fermoy in the first round who are top of the division 4. Rockchapel have 5 wins in division 4 and are sitting near the top and are the highest scoring team.

Glanmire were in the relegation play off last year and beat a poor Kilavullen side to stay up.

Just said I'd pass on this would be very confident.

Missed the post. I'll be checking this thread regularly so keep the local tips coming!

What do we think of Laois -4 6/5 tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

magherakid wrote: »
    What do we think of Laois -4 6/5 tonight?

Don't like it tbh. At neutral venue with a full team that might be a slightly better than breakeven bet (not convinced of that) but having lost several important players and playing in Dr Cullen Park I'd be more interested in the Carlow side than the Laois one.

As a rule, you're better to err towards a home underdog.

thats my mind made up now keane no bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

magherakid wrote: »
    thats my mind made up now keane no bet

Hope I'm right! It's a flip of a coin though and the margins are so small in handicap betting that if you're in doubt you should definitely avoid betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

keane2097 wrote: »
    Hope I'm right! It's a flip of a coin though and the margins are so small in handicap betting that if you're in doubt you should definitely avoid betting.

very good advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Well so far Laois are doing well. 10 - 2:10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement