Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Westmeath -2 @ evens
    Cavan @ 6/4
    Longford @ 11/10

Just a quick wee treble for todays football for an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Wee treble over 1.5 goals
    Tyrone game 4/7
    Louth game 8/11
    Westmeath game 5/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Gone on Dublin no goals v Kilkenny. Rationale is that they play very defensively. They didn't as much as create a goal chance last weekend. Against Wexford they scored a late goal to keep them in it the first day. They scored one goal after the Wexford center back was sent off, but only one. They have a history of not scoring many goals, none in their two games last year I believe. Even when they beat Kilkenny in the league final in 2011 they didn't score any.

In this years league, they scored none against Tipp (they were admittedly way off the pace) and one against Limerick, a 21 yard free the only time they really troubled the goal. Add to that equation that they should have won last weekend, and that wides cost them and that they successfully held Kilkenny to a low score and I doubt their approach will change. Jackie Tyrell comes back for Kilkenny and it's worth bearing in mind that this is Dublin's 5 game in consecutive weekends. Think Kilkenny will improve more and hopefully they'll hold out again.

3/1 with William Hill

You might be right to be wary of a Waterford man tipping his own County, but maybe not this weekend. The championship thus far has provided some close calls and shocks that were totally unforeseen, but even with my worries that Westmeath have nothing to lose today I believe there are a couple of bets that would be coupled with a good Waterford display.

First off, no goals again is at 2/1 with Paddy Power. A lapse in concentration csot us last week, Offaly only had one other chance in the match. We have conceded very few goals all year, and the defence has been solid. Also a very good shot stopper in Stephen O Keeffe which helps. I think the goals against Clare were down to constant pressure on account of our half forward line not winning basically any ball second half. Wasn't the case last week, won't be the case this weekend.

Waterford over 2.5 is at 11/10. Not great odds considering we're not prolific goal scorers but less risky than the other arguably given it doesn't come down to a dodgy penalty or something like that. We had two goal chances last week, and should have had atl east one penalty. We should create more this week as guys like Paudi Mahony, Brian O'Sullivan and even Jake Dillon will be aware that they have to continue to perform with Shane Walsh likely to come back into the fray for the next game.

In terms of anytime goalscorer, Jake Dillon is at full forward but not much value at evens but will get at least one chance. Seamus Prendergast will end up at full forward and I think he's value at something like 13/8 with Paddy Power, but it also means that he has a good chance of winning a penalty if he doesn't score which would mean Maurice Shanahan at 6/5 is worth considering.

I'd give them all a good shout, up to ye if ye think any of them are worth taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going with Paul Finlay to score over 2,5 points for Monaghan v Cavan. Freetaker for Monaghan and scores a few from play also. 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Going with Paul Finlay to score over 2,5 points for Monaghan v Cavan. Freetaker for Monaghan and scores a few from play also. 5/6

Gonna follow you on that - seems a good bet, Carlow v Wexford - my usual Wexford bet of R Jacob to score a goal anytime 11/10 ( small bit on first goal too @ 5/1)- he playing very well and I expect Wexford to win easily, also Sinnott goal anytime @ 11/4 is good value he had a few chances the last day but popped them over the bar - Also in the Kilkenny game Kilkenny -6 is a great price IMO , several pundit have been talking about the Demise of this great Killkenny team - this should be enough to spark a response. The overs are interesting too in this game @ over 42.5 it will be close but with the fine weather this have a great chance -

• Advertisement

doesn't start

magherakid wrote: »
    doesn't start

mmm Monaghan missing a few key players. leaning towards Cavan now but no bet. too close to call

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

mmm Monaghan missing a few key players. leaning towards Cavan now but no bet. too close to call

Monaghan should still have too much, will hopefully cover the -1 aswell.

magherakid wrote: »
    doesn't start

Well that's just great news, bad tip there Kero ( not like you), guess that's what I get for being a lemming, anyhows Wexford over 2.5 goals @ 6/4 really have a good feeling about Wexford tonight - if they cover all my bets ill forget about Finley

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Radonman wrote: »
    Well that's just great news, bad tip there Kero ( not like you), guess that's what I get for being a lemming, anyhows Wexford over 2.5 goals @ 6/4 really have a good feeling about Wexford tonight - if they cover all my bets ill forget about Finley

You'll get your money back on Finlay anyways. Thats almost a win!!

• Advertisement

Radonman wrote: »

player must start for this bet. therefore i assume a void. ppower.

player must start for this bet. therefore i assume a void. ppower.

Better again :) , thought it was like soccer that if he came on the bet stood

Its a tasty bet that when the player must start. could be value in it and seems a good choice of players on offer it the bet. Cluxton over 1.5 points is 6/4 tomorrow. Can see alot of fouls from midfield area tomorrow.

Anyone have any idea who scored the Wexford goals - cant find it anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Podge Doran got first and David Redmond 2nd goal

Gone on Dublin no goals v Kilkenny.
    3/1 with William Hill LOSE

Waterford v Westmeath.

First off, no goals again is at 2/1 with Paddy Power. WIN

Waterford over 2.5 is at 11/10. WIN

We should create more this week as guys like Paudi Mahony, Brian O'Sullivan and even Jake Dillon will be aware that they have to continue to perform with Shane Walsh likely to come back into the fray for the next game.

In terms of anytime goalscorer, Jake Dillon is at full forward but not much value at evens LOSE

Seamus Prendergast will end up at full forward and I think he's value at something like 13/8 with Paddy Power LOSE,

but it also means that he has a good chance of winning a penalty if he doesn't score which would mean Maurice Shanahan at 6/5 WIN

Didn't back Dillon because I thought it was a bit short. Overall profit so not bad, though disappointed on the Dublin v Kilkenny one although great to see Dublin winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Paddy Power still taking bets on Dublins Ladies v Kildare Ladies that was played last night. Dublin won 3.17 - 1.12.
    odds only 1/5 but when you know the result its printing money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Paddy Power still taking bets on Dublins Ladies v Kildare Ladies that was played last night. Dublin won 3.17 - 1.12.
    odds only 1/5 but when you know the result its printing money

Wont pay out on it but fill your boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Going with a couple of bets today:

Dublin -4
    Meath
    Wicklow +4
    London +2

Small bet on Peader Byrne to score the first goal in Meath v Wexford

Big bet on Graham Reilly over 2.5 points

Its a tasty bet that when the player must start. could be value in it and seems a good choice of players on offer it the bet. Cluxton over 1.5 points is 6/4 tomorrow. Can see alot of fouls from midfield area tomorrow.

nice one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Good shout on cluxton. 15 mins in and its up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Opening Shot placed for the week ahead, the bookies ain't going to get rich laying Dublin to score the 1st goal especially at the price below!

Dublin v Kildare - Dublin to score the 1st Goal @ 4/5 (Staked 300)

Good bet, but unlucky, shot hit the post. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Dublin -4 evens looks good now.thery r leading at half time dam i should of done it

Going with a couple of bets today:

Dublin -4 Win
    Meath Win
    Wicklow +4 Lose
    London +2 Win

Small bet on Peader Byrne to score the first goal in Meath v Wexford Lose

Big bet on Graham Reilly over 2.5 points Win

Nice weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eunco

William Hill have put up a few tempters on the early prices in the qualifiers. Wexford 11/10 and Louth 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Rightwing wrote: »
    Good bet, but unlucky, shot hit the post. :mad:

Ok i was very busy at the weekend and didn't get a chance to give an update on my situation but it wasn't great on the betting front but as promised below is the P&L for week 3

Week 3 Bets

Dublin v Kildare = Dubs to score the 1st Goal 4/5 Stake 300 Loser
    Kilkenny v Dublin = Kilkenny to score the 1st Goal 8/11 Stake 300 Loser
    Westmeath v Fermanagh = Fermanagh to win 11/4 Stake 100 Winner
    Derry v Sligo = Sligo +5pts 11/10 Stake 100 Loser
    Monaghan v Cavan = Darren Hughes 1st Goal 33/1 & Anytime 16/1 Total Stake 50 Loser (How the 3 Blind Mice of officials missed the handball on the line is beyond me but anyway the penalty didn't come of it)
    Louth v Antrim = Louth to score the 1st Goal 10/11 Stake 220 Winner
    Offaly v Tyrone = Tyrone -7pts 1/1 Stake 250 Winner
    Meath v Wexford = Wexford @ 13/8 Stake 100 Loser

Week 3 Total Stake 1420 Loss -600

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

Ok i was very busy at the weekend and didn't get a chance to give an update on my situation but it wasn't great on the betting front but as promised below is the P&L for week 3

Week 3 Bets

Dublin v Kildare = Dubs to score the 1st Goal 4/5 Stake 300 Loser
    Kilkenny v Dublin = Kilkenny to score the 1st Goal 8/11 Stake 300 Loser
    Westmeath v Fermanagh = Fermanagh to win 11/4 Stake 100 Winner
    Derry v Sligo = Sligo +5pts 11/10 Stake 100 Loser
    Monaghan v Cavan = Darren Hughes 1st Goal 33/1 & Anytime 16/1 Total Stake 50 Loser (How the 3 Blind Mice of officials missed the handball on the line is beyond me but anyway the penalty didn't come of it)
    Louth v Antrim = Louth to score the 1st Goal 10/11 Stake 220 Winner
    Offaly v Tyrone = Tyrone -7pts 1/1 Stake 250 Winner
    Meath v Wexford = Wexford @ 13/8 Stake 100 Loser

Week 3 Total Stake 1420 Loss -600

Overall Totals
    Stake 3600 Profit 182.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Overall Totals
    Stake 3600 Profit 182.50

Still a profit, well done.

I took up the Dublin goal one, quite unlucky, Kildare got their only chance early, nothing for the rest of the match.

Just had a look at some match odds there today and noticed that there is a chance to make money no matter what outcome in the Longford v Wexford game as:

Wexford are 11/10 (with William Hill)

Longford are 11/10 +1 (with Paddy Power)

So you have all three outcomes covered, if you put a tenor on both you would make a 1 euro profit. Wouldn't be huge, but guaranteed profit is guaranteed profit.

Only problem is that it's not on until Saturday week so your money is tied up until then, sort of like having it in a savings account with a fixed rate of return but that your not allowed withdraw it for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Welcome to the big bad world of arbitrage Mountainlad :)

Don't go mad on those unless you want your a/c closed. On first glance I was all over Wexford at that price, rethinking it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement